00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

nsflave just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Forum Sigs

27,454 Views | 489 Replies

Response to Forum Sigs 2006-10-03 19:04:09

At 10/3/06 07:00 PM, dave wrote:

If it's only for aesthetical reasons then I don't think anyone would agree with taking animation out,

aesthetic |es??etik| (also esthetic) adjective concerned with beauty or the appreciation of beauty : the pictures give great aesthetic pleasure. • giving or designed to give pleasure through beauty; of pleasing appearance.

flashing, obnoxious gif sigs are NOT ATTRACTIVE. they may be hilarious - but not after seeing it the 100th time.

Tom and I have been working on something hmmm????

BBS Signature

Response to Forum Sigs 2006-10-03 19:06:14

flashing, obnoxious gif sigs are NOT ATTRACTIVE. they may be hilarious - but not after seeing it the 100th time.

Then straighten the flashing obnoxious sig toters out. Delete them and be like, "I am coming for your parents next." That will make them shit every time they think of the word "animated".

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMM LOOOOOOOOOONG.

BBS Signature

Response to Forum Sigs 2006-10-03 19:07:14

At 10/3/06 07:04 PM, JohnnyUtah wrote:

What flashing obnoxious sigs? Sigs like that are already removed by mods.

I'm your average Afro-American fetus. For example: I enjoy basketball, I'm rather good when I play too, but I'm much too busy scratching my horrific cracked skin these days.

BBS Signature

Response to Forum Sigs 2006-10-03 19:07:45

I would have to vote no.

Personally, I think the assortment of WAY different sigs is what gives the forum it's personality and makes it more fun.

I mean Wades sig for example. It's really funny. Personally, I don't see too many flashy animated sigs, and trust me when I say it, I get around here.

So all said and done, I'd like to see it left alone.

Response to Forum Sigs 2006-10-03 19:09:26

At 10/3/06 06:59 PM, Stamper wrote: Yeah, I kinda want a pink layout also. PINK RULES. WHO ELSE THINK PINK RULES?

FUCK YEAH!

YEAH! I LOVE PINK TOO! Don't forget to include boobies in the layout!
We'll be the biggest fan club on the internets!

Forum Sigs

Response to Forum Sigs 2006-10-03 19:13:09

At 10/3/06 06:59 PM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote: holy crud wait wont it mess up the yoink thread?

Keep up with the times fool.
The YoinK thread was deleted a while ago.

REAL TALK: you better go get a glass of orange juice & spill it all over yourself likea big dumb baby before i tear through your hymen like a dog tears through a piece of meat

BBS Signature

Response to Forum Sigs 2006-10-03 19:14:39

At 10/3/06 07:07 PM, DFox wrote: it's

WOW, I can't use grammar today.

Anyway, I had another point to make.

I first came to Newgrounds about 3 years ago. Personally, I have gotten used to this layout.

Sometimes people in general, more specific, Newgrounds users, are hesitant with change. Yes, it moves us forward, but personally, I will be a tiny bit sad when this layout goes. I can imagine what the redesign will be like, and I can imagine it will take getting used to.

If you hit people with all these changes at once, especially telling them "oh, now you can't have that sig", it might be too much change.

Sigs are going to be the only piece left of this forum I assume, so I say keep them.

Response to Forum Sigs 2006-10-03 19:15:53

I don't mind the idea of shorter sigs, but I have trouble liking the fact that we can't have GIFs. No change :)

Response to Forum Sigs 2006-10-03 19:16:14

on another note, happy 2 grand post Tom!

Response to Forum Sigs 2006-10-03 19:16:23

At 10/3/06 10:54 AM, TomFulp wrote: So I figured I would ask... How much would it piss you off if you had to make a new sig, with expanded width but less height and no animation?

A lot.

Response to Forum Sigs 2006-10-03 19:17:21

At 10/3/06 07:04 PM, JohnnyUtah wrote:
At 10/3/06 07:00 PM, dave wrote:

If it's only for aesthetical reasons then I don't think anyone would agree with taking animation out,

Anyone who has a flashing sig can go fuck themselves. Mods can delete that shit. It's not like that many people even have those anyway.

NOT ALL ANIMATED SIGS ARE ANNOYING, ASS.
There's those RoobyKillAll ones
There's cartoonish, animated sigs
There's ones that only have slight animation
and There's ones that are just plain SAVED as gifs :|

REAL TALK: you better go get a glass of orange juice & spill it all over yourself likea big dumb baby before i tear through your hymen like a dog tears through a piece of meat

BBS Signature

Response to Forum Sigs 2006-10-03 19:18:39

At 10/3/06 05:49 PM, Pinkasaurus wrote:
At 10/3/06 05:47 PM, MadCow wrote: Oh God, does that new border faggotry mean no more BBS cutouts?
Goddammit this new layout is starting to sound a lot like me leaving Newgrounds >:|
Yeah. Im guessing you're not the only one too.

Wow, if you two are only posting here to showcase your sigs, then just stop posting now.

How ignorant.

Response to Forum Sigs 2006-10-03 19:20:27

Better not fuck up dave's sig's. >:(

Response to Forum Sigs 2006-10-03 19:20:30

No way Tom!The user sigs is what labels the users personality!If you don't allow animated gifs and sigs have to be 20 pixels shorter the NGSM will get flooded with requests.Then users will be mad because their sigs never get made!Plus the layout now is so awesome!This is what NG is,the ultimate site with the ultimate layout!

Steam: Captain Iguana

Xbl: Darth Iguana

PSN: Mayor-Iguana

Response to Forum Sigs 2006-10-03 19:22:29

At 10/3/06 07:17 PM, MadCow wrote: Anyone who has a flashing sig can go fuck themselves. Mods can delete that shit. It's not like that many people even have those anyway.

NOT ALL ANIMATED SIGS ARE ANNOYING, ASS.
There's those RoobyKillAll ones
There's cartoonish, animated sigs
There's ones that only have slight animation
and There's ones that are just plain SAVED as gifs :|

did you just call ME an ass? did i just hear that correctly? I just want to make sure.

BBS Signature

Response to Forum Sigs 2006-10-03 19:23:41

At 10/3/06 07:18 PM, Maus wrote:
At 10/3/06 05:49 PM, Pinkasaurus wrote:
At 10/3/06 05:47 PM, MadCow wrote: Oh God, does that new border faggotry mean no more BBS cutouts?
Goddammit this new layout is starting to sound a lot like me leaving Newgrounds >:|
Yeah. Im guessing you're not the only one too.
Wow, if you two are only posting here to showcase your sigs, then just stop posting now.

How ignorant.

But I like my sigs :'(
I'm a small, petty person, Maus, and no one understands that!
I'm being childish and immature about this, if you can't tell.
I take pride in making sigs for some reason, and I enjoy showing off my work. Of course that's not the only reason I post, but I don't want to have to give up anything D:
Fine, I'll go look on a bunch of websites look for shit like wallpapers, and start taking screenshots for my mediocre sigs :D

BBS Signature

Response to Forum Sigs 2006-10-03 19:26:35

At 10/3/06 07:20 PM, Carbon wrote: Plus the layout now is so awesome!This is what NG is,the ultimate site with the ultimate layout!

Eh, you've only been signed up long enough to know the current layout.

Response to Forum Sigs 2006-10-03 19:26:46

At 10/3/06 07:01 PM, liljim wrote:
At 10/3/06 06:59 PM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote: holy crud wait wont it mess up the yoink thread?
What Yoink thread? Keep with the times, my good man.

what? It was deleted? NOOOOOOO

Response to Forum Sigs 2006-10-03 19:27:40

At 10/3/06 07:22 PM, JohnnyUtah wrote:
did you just call ME an ass? did i just hear that correctly? I just want to make sure.

And if I did?
Looking to abuse your new mod powers on the first day you got them?

'[

BBS Signature

Response to Forum Sigs 2006-10-03 19:30:51

At 10/3/06 07:26 PM, liljim wrote:
At 10/3/06 07:20 PM, Carbon wrote: Plus the layout now is so awesome!This is what NG is,the ultimate site with the ultimate layout!

i came here back in 2001 before the layout looked like this. so sign up date isn't really an accurate way of telling how long somebody's been visiting the site.

Response to Forum Sigs 2006-10-03 19:33:35

At 10/3/06 12:13 PM, liljim wrote: Sample... The border is automatically added around the signature in this example.

Ugh, that looks horrible. The border around it would kill sigs that have transparencies to them, such examples at just text or a single image like the duck sigs. The 40 pixel hight is something that bothers me as well. The current 60 for some is too small IMO.

Sure that looks nice and all but couldn't we have a choice to take the border that is automatically added to our sigs off? There are some around the BBS that look phenomenal with the cut out ones they have, or in general tech borders. Edward XIII had a grand looking sig a while back that would look like shit with that new border jazz forced on it. I'd also like to hear who things the sigs look like 'shitty ads', that would be nice.

Not to mention the hight already severely cripples any effort for detail towards a good looking sig. With the new hight, any character added too it will look like total shit, be it a face shot or just eyes or a massive blur to squint at. Any detail that will be tried in these new sigs for the layout will be hopeless.

At 10/3/06 12:27 PM, WadeFulp wrote: I'm going to need someone to make me a cool new sig if we go this way.

If you still have all of the images for your sig such as the background and the dancing you it could be reworked into the new layout for you to have it.

At 10/3/06 02:45 PM, alexsmolik wrote: Oh... You weren't talking about me, right?
* sigh + tear *

Oddly enough I liked your sig so much when I first saw it I saved it myself and thought about doing some animation with the elvish font myself.

At 10/3/06 06:12 PM, JohnnyUtah wrote: HERE
HERE

Those are still quite unnerving to me. You could add 15 pixels to the hight and the sigs would look a whole lot smoother with the new layout. Of course this is if they are done well but most of the signatures around here aren't. About the 'signatures are supposed to be small' comment I don't care much for either. You make it sound like you don't care if we do or don't have signatures with this new layout. Without signatures for the users you'll have to look to the left of the page every time you are reading a post instead of 'Oh, this post was made by 'said user.'.

I can't really understand the 'Wait until you guys see the new layout.' bit either since of course we are going to be up in arms about something we haven't seen yet. It's mans nature to fear the unknown.

At 10/3/06 07:04 PM, JohnnyUtah wrote: flashing, obnoxious gif sigs are NOT ATTRACTIVE. they may be hilarious - but not after seeing it the 100th time.

Flashing and strobing sigs are against the BBS Rules last I checked. Anyone who is getting by with one now is beyond me.[darwin7]

Yes a lot of us users at bitching. Yes a lot of users don't really care and are for it. I for one will be contempt if he stick with the current hight and go with the new width[dave showed a good image to go with it]but it still doesn't change the fact that the even at the given hight detail to signatures is limited. I've always hoped to see the standard hight bumped up atleast 10 pixels, if not more. But then again the designers and admin team decide what goes and what doesn't so I say just go with whatever you want to Tom.

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]

XBL / PSN - Voidist

Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature

Response to Forum Sigs 2006-10-03 19:34:15

At 10/3/06 07:30 PM, Doobie wrote: i came here back in 2001 before the layout looked like this. so sign up date isn't really an accurate way of telling how long somebody's been visiting the site.

I came here back in 1984 before the layout looked like this, so sign up date isn't really an accurate way of telling how long somebody's been visiting the site.

Response to Forum Sigs 2006-10-03 19:34:29

At 10/3/06 07:27 PM, MadCow wrote:
At 10/3/06 07:22 PM, JohnnyUtah wrote:
And if I did?
Looking to abuse your new mod powers on the first day you got them?
'[

No, I was making sure so I could call you a FILTHY CUNTBAG. Because that's what you're acting like.

You're creating a problem over something so god damn stupid its unreal.

BBS Signature

Response to Forum Sigs 2006-10-03 19:35:14

At 10/3/06 07:34 PM, liljim wrote:
At 10/3/06 07:30 PM, Doobie wrote:
I came here back in 1984 before the layout looked like this, so sign up date isn't really an accurate way of telling how long somebody's been visiting the site.

touche liljim, touche

Response to Forum Sigs 2006-10-03 19:36:30

I don't care much about removing the animations, but having smaller shorter sigs? NO!

I've made many sigs, and the NG size is VERY hard to work with since it's so thin, renders are very hard to put in visibly already, make them half the height, and renders will pretty much be useless, making the sigs crappy brushed on backgrounds.

>=[ on this Tom. Don't do it.

smoke meth and hail satan

Response to Forum Sigs 2006-10-03 19:36:40

At 10/3/06 07:33 PM, Inuyasha wrote: I for one will be contempt if he stick with the current hight

Ugh, the 'he' is supposed to be 'we'.

As in the site

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]

XBL / PSN - Voidist

Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature

Response to Forum Sigs 2006-10-03 19:37:14

Here is my opinon. I really don't like thepixel change, if anything you could make it less wide and taller. I would enjoy that more. the animated GIF's do not bother me, if you don't want them animated it will not bother me. But, the onlt thing I want is taller and less wide.

Response to Forum Sigs 2006-10-03 19:38:02

At 10/3/06 07:36 PM, Inuyasha wrote:
At 10/3/06 07:33 PM, Inuyasha wrote: I for one will be contempt if he stick with the current hight
Ugh, the 'he' is supposed to be 'we'.

As in the site

I'm guessing you meant height, too.

Response to Forum Sigs 2006-10-03 19:39:32

actually i can see the wider skinnier sigs working good.

If you ask me, I think by default you ahould have a template sig with the username on it that fits with the layout so everyone can be uniform untill they change their sig. Could be neat for people who dont want to make a sig.

Response to Forum Sigs 2006-10-03 19:41:37

At 10/3/06 07:26 PM, liljim wrote:

yeah,that's the layout I was talking about.plus I "signed up" in 2005.

Steam: Captain Iguana

Xbl: Darth Iguana

PSN: Mayor-Iguana