00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Blurzapper just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Forum Sigs

27,580 Views | 489 Replies

Response to Forum Sigs 2006-10-04 22:11:04

I didnt made my sig... so I couldt photoshop it... and It would end up being a problem yeah.

Response to Forum Sigs 2006-10-04 22:15:15

At 10/4/06 10:11 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: I didnt made my sig... so I couldt photoshop it... and It would end up being a problem yeah.

It would be time for you to start making your own sigs then, wouldn't it? I don't think this should be an issue.

Response to Forum Sigs 2006-10-04 22:16:02

At 10/4/06 10:15 PM, NazelbikAuthor wrote:
At 10/4/06 10:11 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: I didnt made my sig... so I couldt photoshop it... and It would end up being a problem yeah.
It would be time for you to start making your own sigs then, wouldn't it? I don't think this should be an issue.

NGSM FTW.

smoke meth and hail satan

Response to Forum Sigs 2006-10-04 22:16:08

I think that they are fine, they don't look like banners and with a smaller size than the current it would be near impossible to fit much on and get the point through.

BBS Signature

Response to Forum Sigs 2006-10-04 22:18:26

I'm personally not too bothered about the loss of animation; for every one good sig you see, 10 are crap. I do, however, object to that much of a loss of height. It will make things even harder than it already is to make sigs.

Though, at the end of the day, it's you guys' choice. Anything to speed up the update.

BBS Signature

Response to Forum Sigs 2006-10-04 22:50:50

At 10/4/06 09:55 PM, liljim wrote:
At 10/4/06 09:47 PM, liljim wrote: I made a joke and you didn't understand it. The failure is on your part.
Clicky Clacky.

I knew it sounded familiar... =(

Flag stolen content, don't be a dingus.

BBS Signature

Response to Forum Sigs 2006-10-04 22:53:26

The only PeopleI see getting pissed off is the NGSM

Response to Forum Sigs 2006-10-04 22:53:48

I relly wouldnt bother me that much but my sig is beautiful and it moves, so im not too sure

ERROR - you must enter at least one search term longer than characters.

BBS Signature

Response to Forum Sigs 2006-10-04 23:30:05

Wider yes.

Response to Forum Sigs 2006-10-04 23:50:47

At 10/4/06 10:53 PM, Blue-Haven wrote: The only PeopleI see getting pissed off is the NGSM

And about 90% of people who have posted in this thread.

I tried making a sig at that height in photoshop (The width is 500 in this, for obvious reasons), it's extremely hard to fit anything in there, the only picture I could fit which ends up looking like anything, is a face, and you can only see part of that face.

Forum Sigs

Kuro - Puting the 'Kur' back in 'inkurable disease.'

BBS Signature

Response to Forum Sigs 2006-10-05 00:02:58

I think that for the most part, the sigs are good. Some of the animated sigs are good. Not a lot but a few are. Plus, I belive that the max height and width are good enough.

BBS Signature

Response to Forum Sigs 2006-10-05 00:03:04

At 10/4/06 11:50 PM, Kuro wrote: I tried making a sig at that height in photoshop (The width is 500 in this, for obvious reasons), it's extremely hard to fit anything in there, the only picture I could fit which ends up looking like anything, is a face, and you can only see part of that face.

I think that would look good on the new design.

Response to Forum Sigs 2006-10-05 00:13:50

At 10/5/06 12:03 AM, NazelbikAuthor wrote:
At 10/4/06 11:50 PM, Kuro wrote: I tried making a sig at that height in photoshop (The width is 500 in this, for obvious reasons), it's extremely hard to fit anything in there, the only picture I could fit which ends up looking like anything, is a face, and you can only see part of that face.
I think that would look good on the new design.

It just doesn't have the same uniqueness that my current sig has. If you were scrolling down a page which that was on, you wouldn't look twice at it. Yet my current sig sort've stands out from the fancy photoshopped sigs.

Kuro - Puting the 'Kur' back in 'inkurable disease.'

BBS Signature

Response to Forum Sigs 2006-10-05 00:28:59

i wouldnt be to pissed with changing my sig to fit the requirements...

Response to Forum Sigs 2006-10-05 00:37:32

i don't care how big they are....as long as i get to keep mine

Response to Forum Sigs 2006-10-05 00:46:36

At 10/5/06 12:37 AM, X-0-r3d3mpti0n-0-X wrote: i don't care how big they are....as long as i get to keep mine

You got to be kidding.

Response to Forum Sigs 2006-10-05 00:58:43

It doesn't piss me off the least bit.

Response to Forum Sigs 2006-10-05 02:29:35

Think about that comment. “The NGSM are the only ones getting pissed”. The Newgrounds Sig Makers? I cannot imagine why the NGSM would be upset by this. They only make the majority of Newgrounds user's sigs. That seems like a pretty good reason to get pissed off. How about you try making something for the majority of newgrounds, for a good deal of time mind you, one way and then try to change it. It is not the easiest thing to adjust to.

For as long as I can remember we have made sigs with the 400*60 dimensions. Many have complained that even that is not large enough. The biggest complaint has been the height. So we are now offered a width benefit, but at a significant loss of height. It has been a challenge with the current figures, but the proposed ones leave an even larger issue. I just think there is a better option than this.

People that do not understand what it takes to make a sig, do not have the same view. Those users that simply Google an image or use paint shop cannot possibly grasp the goings on of sig making. To truly make a sig in the way many members of the NGSM do, takes a lot more work than what I just described. We have to confine to the guidelines set. We have always been able to do so. Not with the greatest of ease, but we do.

Now when we are asked to change, it is nothing less than a surprise. Things have been the same for a long time. If the changes take place we will have to adapt. Those that refuse to, I would assume will just stop making sigs. There are Newgrounders that are able to roll with new things, others can't. That is all there is to it. I can accept the fact that Newgrounds is changing, I can appreciate that. Some changes are just taken a little heavier than others. This is certainly one of them.

I have seen a lot in this thread. Many people have complained, some have embraced it. I can agree with those willing to throw their word in, but not the ones that just want to argue with no valid point. If you are going to say something, make sure you can back it up with something. if you do not make sigs, or know what goes into them, I almost do not feel they should be putting in their thoughts. Everyone has their opinion, just make sure you know what you are talking about before your mouth opens.

I will look forward to the changes Newgrounds is bringing about. I will just not always agree with them. I can see why the changes need to come about. I also know that the Newgrounds staff does not just jump to these decisions, and would not do anything just to piss people off. People need to understand that they have the best interests of the site in mind. The largest problem is that you cannot please all of the people, all of the time. One sad fact of life.

Thanks everyone.

-Turkeybean

|NGSM|NGM|EGB|NGPD|DA|Sig by - CagedSilhouette

BBS Signature

Response to Forum Sigs 2006-10-05 03:00:22

People that do not understand what it takes to make a sig, do not have the same view.

oh i know turkeybean's,so can u guys help me out,i'd really appreciate it

Response to Forum Sigs 2006-10-05 03:56:18

At 10/5/06 02:29 AM, Turkeybean wrote: Think about that comment. “The NGSM are the only ones getting pissed”. The Newgrounds Sig Makers? I cannot imagine why the NGSM would be upset by this. They only make the majority of Newgrounds user's sigs. That seems like a pretty good reason to get pissed off. How about you try making something for the majority of newgrounds, for a good deal of time mind you, one way and then try to change it. It is not the easiest thing to adjust to.

I AM BEHIND TURKEYBEAN'S COMMENTS AND OPINIONS 100%.

Really, I was looking at all the comments of approving for the restrictions for sigs and starting to not want to post. Idk maybe out of dying emotion or something. But Turk's post got me going again.

Streamlined site interface is important, yes. But User's sigs and custom animated works of art are what, agree or not, become the essence of the forums. Sure there are some annoying and wasted opportunities of sigs throughout the forum, but that shouldn't be the reason to think "oh Sigs just make the site look gheyer."

Look, in the end changing the restrictions may not be the worst thing in the world but just know that it's not "just" a few select members of NG that will be annoyed, it will be A LOT of people that will be annoyed and affected.

I've got a feeling the sigs may just end up being "cut down" and there will be less chance for certain things within them, but I won't even try and stop it. Some changes for the site are inevitable and there's things that one man can't stop or even slow down.

[Wii Together] [Teh Space]

Alb [4210-3652-1542] <<-Brawl Code. PM me

BBS Signature

Response to Forum Sigs 2006-10-05 08:38:03

At 10/4/06 09:09 PM, liljim wrote: I'm not going to risk a leak in how the design's going to look by posting a screenshot of that stuff, though and I doubt any of the rest of the team would be careless enough to do so, either.

So N-Antichrist's sig is fake, eh?

Forum Sigs

Response to Forum Sigs 2006-10-05 08:55:36

You can change the format if you want but how bout still leaving the height at 60 for the people who want regular sigs? it seems fair to me

PM me for a Signature. | Add me on Steam: Sneakers25

Response to Forum Sigs 2006-10-05 08:57:47

At 10/5/06 08:38 AM, ArabFreak wrote: So N-Antichrist's sig is fake, eh?

I wouldn't mind having a layout like that. But yeah, probably is.

Flag stolen content, don't be a dingus.

BBS Signature

Response to Forum Sigs 2006-10-05 09:05:11

At 10/3/06 10:54 AM, TomFulp wrote::

My concern is that if we do this, the only response we'll hear to the redesign is "bring back the old sigs!" So I figured I would ask... How much would it piss you off if you had to make a new sig, with expanded width but less height and no animation?

MY main concern is the new height restriction. I just pray that people will be even able to READ a sig without squinting...

BBS Signature

Response to Forum Sigs 2006-10-05 09:21:17

I'm fine with whatever you're doing, but I'd rather have a sig with height. 60 pixels is fine, but i'm cool with a sig with less width.

Wii: Super Smash Bros. Brawl FC - 5413-2791-7953

Da Smash. | Youtube Channel

BBS Signature

Response to Forum Sigs 2006-10-05 11:11:02

We should think ourselves lucky, they could go ahead and change it, but they did the decent thing and asked us. I'm not bothered... although i've felt sigs look tacky, they give people identity, but you don't need a huge sig for that.

Response to Forum Sigs 2006-10-05 11:28:24

They could be wider, I'd like them wider, but if they'd lose height, they'd become too small.

And for the love of god, do not forbid animated sigs!

Response to Forum Sigs 2006-10-05 12:55:20

At 10/5/06 08:38 AM, ArabFreak wrote:
At 10/4/06 09:09 PM, liljim wrote: I'm not going to risk a leak in how the design's going to look by posting a screenshot of that stuff, though and I doubt any of the rest of the team would be careless enough to do so, either.
So N-Antichrist's sig is fake, eh?

hah, yes.

I hardly ever come here anymore....

BBS Signature

Response to Forum Sigs 2006-10-05 13:03:32

Keep the animated sigs! We love 'em!

Response to Forum Sigs 2006-10-05 16:02:15

At 10/3/06 09:56 PM, BinaryClock wrote:
At 10/3/06 09:55 PM, GoddessOfDanger wrote: Signatures serve an important purpose...they show who is posting. For example, I use mine to tell where I posted by quickly scanning and looking for the rocker chick duck. It's easy.
USERNAMES show who is posting. A signiture is a place where someone can whore out their "individuality".

When you're quickly scanning...it's easier to spot a rocker duck than to read a username.

BBS Signature