00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Tdpreston just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Forum Sigs

27,470 Views | 489 Replies

Response to Forum Sigs 2006-11-11 06:03:41

I like the idea of the sigs being wider. They should be as wide as they can without ruining the layout. But the height thing i'd probably prefer 40px, looks neater and less shit going on.

Response to Forum Sigs 2006-11-18 14:12:14

At 10/3/06 10:54 AM, TomFulp wrote: My concern is that if we do this, the only response we'll hear to the redesign is "bring back the old sigs!"

making them 20 pixels shorter is a bad idea, i think.

i dont think the user sigs make the place look like its full of ads. By all means, make the width wider, 500 x 60 would be nice.

but please definately dont make it any smaller, the sigs offer users the one and only chance of customizing thier forum experience, making them smaller by 20 pixels will just frustrate everyone.

as a wise man once said - " i don't know whats i be doin'... "

BBS Signature

Response to Forum Sigs 2006-11-18 14:14:14

No change.

You've finally made it home

Draped in the flag that you fell for

And so it goes - the ashes of the wake

BBS Signature

Response to Forum Sigs 2006-11-29 20:22:18

Late to the conversation, but fully in favour of stretched sigs.

Having wierd canvases being a great challenge and will maybe encourage folk think a bit about how to work with the new ratio.

It'll be like the Wii, but for NG sigs rather than games! Or like panorama-format photos - allowing new possibilities!

Sigs are awesome - as a way of expressing yourself and also as a faster way of recognising folk. The new ratio would still allow that.

The seriously stretched format sound great in helping the sigs take a step away from being a link-a-like. My own is just a lazy copy-over of a banner I made, I admit.

Personally, I'd be in favour of discarding animation too, but that's a totally seperate issue.

Response to Forum Sigs 2007-05-25 23:00:41

i say we get rid of the animation unless u have permission(because most animated sigs lack quality) and it be 595 by 50px

ʜɒɿɿi

BBS Signature

Response to Forum Sigs 2007-05-26 13:54:52

Animated sigs keep me entertained when surfing the BBS.

What about signature text? They make the sig area big.

Check out the Flash RPG I made in 2024. It takes about 25 minutes to complete.

BBS Signature

Response to Forum Sigs 2007-05-26 14:04:28

NO TOM!! don't do that! anyone who thinks they are ads are just....dumb. please, let us keep our sigs!

WHERE'S THE DIX?

Response to Forum Sigs 2007-05-26 14:10:04

Mmmmm, the forums like look much more boring without the animated sigs. And to remake all the sigs is a lot of work for the sig makers. Why dont we keep it like this ? I think it is ok.

So : PLEASE DONT CHANGE IT.

Response to Forum Sigs 2007-08-16 07:28:00

At 5/26/07 01:54 PM, Jin wrote: Animated sigs keep me entertained when surfing the BBS.

I want my animated sig back :(

Forum Sigs

- - Flash - Music - Images - -

BBS Signature

Response to Forum Sigs 2007-08-16 08:19:57

At 8/16/07 07:28 AM, Denvish wrote:
At 5/26/07 01:54 PM, Jin wrote: Animated sigs keep me entertained when surfing the BBS.

I want my animated sig back :(

i would also love to have my animated sig back, its a real shame.
i dont see why they would get rid of animation.

// Sig Makers // WWE Fans // Tumblr //

BBS Signature