00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Remfy just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Redesign 2012 Complete!

141,982 Views | 935 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 08:53:02

I can't find anything.

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 09:14:31

One more time...

where my banner go?

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 09:22:53

Lots to say.

First. Project system is awesome. It will make beta-testing really easy to manage. Without it I'd have to develop my own way of only letting certain people play a game.

I miss the forum timestamps. This "about 2 hours ago" crap is just dumb. You've got to be at least 13 to use NG, I think that's old enough to be able to do some simple subtraction. It's just too vague this way, it almost feels condescending. We could choose to display at specific timezone maybe. Possibly both an accurate timestamp and the relative time.

Overall there's just not enough information. It's too hard to figure out the score of a submission. And the frontpage is just crappy. It's a bunch of images that you need to mouseover just to get a title of the movie. Youtube gives more info than that! Youtube! It doesn't even give you the author's name. Even after clicking you have to scroll way down the page to see who made it. I really need the short descriptions to tell what a submission is about. Otherwise I have no idea what a submission will be without clicking on it. If that doesn't change I'm just going to start putting text in the preview images for all my movies and games, and I suggest others do the same.

The other submissions by this author dropdown needs to come back. Tom might prefer to go to their userpages, but when you're not 30 feet from the servers it takes too long.

One thing I'm not sure how I feel about is the new auras. I'm both a Game Developer and an Animator so I don't know which to choose. It's also a problem when I credit myself in submissions, so I just use the generic author. I'll just have to remain a blank slate for now.

The background art seems too colourful to me. I'd prefer it in greyscale. And when you scroll down a page past the art it just looks ugly like someone put a tint on the old dark grey backgrounds. Not a huge issue really, it won't affect my enjoyment of the site too much. It really depends on what people new to the site think of it, it's really for them, as the rest of us will start ignoring it after a day or two.

Small issue. After clicking the box that pops up before the flash plays, it takes moment for the flash to actually show up.

If it's only one vote per submission per user, do nonusers still get to vote? And how is tha kept track of? Just permanently storing their ip address?

I really like the recent notifications do-dad. It's something newgrounds has been needing for a while. I recall a friend favouriting an author and assuming it was like a youtube subscription, and having never questioned it before, I wondered why it wasn't.

Another thing I like is not having to load a new page to look at more reviews. Another little detail NG needed to keep up with other big sites.

End.

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 09:28:43

At 12 minutes ago, ThisIsAnEmergency wrote: where my banner go?

They were eaten by the redesign monster...

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 09:38:28

The new design is just AWSOME ! GREAT Work, Tom and Crew !

BUT one LITTLE issue: Please remove the "Outline" of the search input box with CSS - the yellow border around the searchbox in Google Chrome, doesn't look so good. ^^

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 09:44:52

Oh lawdy.

And just like that....he was gone...

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 09:51:51

I like the new site, but there is a few things that should be changed:

1) A "Respond to this topic"-button at the bottom of the page. It is annoying to scroll all the way up every time.

2) It's annoying that you need to roll over the pics of the movies/games with your mouse to see their names.

Otherwise, the new site is great! Thanks!

Check out my flash animations, and games. I've also made some bad music, and art ;)

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 09:56:15

One small issue/question: is there a way beta-testers can see what projects they are allowed to beta test, or are they supposed to memorize the link to the game? I've been looking around for a bit, but I still haven't found a place where I can see which projects I was invited to as a beta tester.

Actually, let's make it two: having to delete all the quoted text every time you make a new forum post is going to be annoying. I know it has been mentioned a lot, but yeah...
Okay, three: I would be nice if we could turn off the background art. It looks cool for a couple of hours, and I'm sure lots of people here have fapped to it, but its too uneasy to the eyes imo. And every time I go on NG to do some semi-serious work I feel like I ended up on a site for 13-year olds. Which maybe NG is, I don't know. Anyway, it's even more awkward now when I surf NG when I'm at uni/work.

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 10:16:55

I think it's cool how you can go through so many things on this website now and discover things you didn't notice before. Like I just now noticed that now in order for you to post not a direct reply, you have to go to the "Reply To This Topic" thread at the end. My response moods are still not working. I try clicking on them and nothing happens. Do I need to press space or something when I click on them?

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 10:17:16

pretty awesome congrats ... if i found something unusual i will share but right now the look is like holly shit dude :D

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 10:39:10

Is it me, or does Tom's new avatar look like Hitler sans mustache?

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 10:49:15

Also, yesterday, I went on an Abobo-fest hardcore while at work. Lol. I earned a ton of new medals.. the medals show up, however, they don't add the points to my profile?

Today, I start Abobo-fest again, earned 2 medals.. "Anger Issues" and "Elderly Execution", ofcourse today, these medals are just plain not showing up. It gave me the notifications of me winning them in-game though. This is starting to get LaMe.

Finally, I don't like this Redesign monster. First he eats my banner, then my points, now my medals!?

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 10:53:27

Finally. It took time for me to get used to it, but now I'm lovin' it!

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 10:54:25

Goodness, this site is looking badass. The old buttons and such had their charm, but I can certainly accept this new layout.

A huge problem that persists for me though is that whenever I try to play a movie the ad attached to it plays in the background, making it impossible to watch.

BabyfaceBenny has spoken!

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 11:09:35

Ehh... Most of the games I can't play anymore after Update, something I can fix it?

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 11:24:09

Design looks good and all but seems to me it's at the price of usability. Not being able to get the rating before going to the actual game/movie page is pissing me off to no end.

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 11:29:37

12 years and still kicking! THE original games and movies portal. LONG LIVE NEWGROUNDS!

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 11:40:02

Is it just me, or is anyone else's logins not being saved across sessions?

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 11:57:45

Dayuunnnnn awesome man i love this new update
Lol now The Staff drawned their icons >:D

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 11:58:57

OK, I have finally started to except the changes, and I love all the hard work you put in to it.
I do have some suggestions...

1. I would like to see my rank xp level and blam/save level on my user page (and if at all possible can you make them larger, I am on a 40 inch monitorat 3/4 res and I can barely make them out ).

2. I know it was an experiment to use large images on the front page, it does look cool, and I can see where you were going with it, but I don't like it, or should I say, I like it better with the text next to it, It quickly lets me know which one i haven't seen and although I inevitably click on all the front page games/movies, I still like to read the description and pretend like I am choosing which one I am going to watch based on that.

3. please add the interviews container on the front page

::optimal:: there is a couple things I would like to see changed but , there not a huge deal...
1. move the artist news above pBots picks
1. find a place to fly the city scape banner,

P.S. thanks for putting the Number score back next to the star score
also, i am a police captain, but the icon still says civilian, i dont know if you have already addressed this matters or any of the other matters, if you have i am sorry

"A reward is it's own reward." - Killgar

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 11:59:43

It looks FANTASTIC! Definitely the best incarnation of NG yet, wonderful job NG Staff.

-Still missing Literature Portal.

-The left side of the user profile is now very vacant, and it's missing the convenient quick links for BBS Posts and reviews. Hell, stats in general is now a separate click away...will stats return to the main user page?
-Will the Notifications button in the top account for ALL responses; BBS posts quoting our posts, News Blogs responding, reviews responding, and subscribed feeds from authors of interest? That would be ideal.
-I used the top of a thread in a forum's marker for how many views the thread had gained, and how many posts it contained; it was a good means to see just how much activity a thread is receiving and it's placement was convenient. Is that gone forever now?
-Since we have to highlight flash games and flash movies to tell what they're called now, why not a pop up cursor that tells us who made it, and maybe even the little plot synopsis the author is allowed to jot down? Sort of like the classic Portal from the previous incarnation popped up the score and more information.
-It's a minor detail, but when organizing favorites, the icons aren't in widescreen format anymore, so the perfect squared 46x46's look smushed.

This is an exciting time for Newgrounds! I'm proud to be a part of it.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 12:09:58

HI TOM !

Redesign 2012 Complete!

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 12:21:14

My only complaint: I would really like it if it were possible to know who the author of a submission is before loading it.

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 12:25:25

All I can say is "Whoa" I don't know why you wanted to redesign the site; the old one was completely user-friendly in my opinion. Now I gotta familiarize myself with a new design?! FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Anyway, I do like the design. It'll take me awhile to get used to it.

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 12:38:44

Once again, nice job
However, I do miss the ability to listen to songs from the audio portal without having to go to that specific songs player.
I'll be back if I find anything else :D
Again, great job.

In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed dwarf is king.

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 12:59:21

My biggest complaint about the redesign is the sound that the play button and the "under judgement notice" make. Isn't there any way to turn off that sound? I really don't want to hear it every time I do some B/Ping or want to watch some movies/play some games. It's annoying.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 13:13:21

I like how we still don't have support for .png images or Unicode.

wolf piss

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 13:19:22

WOW, i REALLY like the new design! congrats!!

Ones of hope and full of Fantasy without losing yourself to the Indulgment. Live free and have fun!

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 13:28:07

I'm finding this redesign functionally irritating.

-No roll over info on submissions, seriously, where's the hell is the author and preview image?
-Classic portal downplayed, no longer has it's own button, new main page layout looks like hell.
-Have to click another link to get my stats, user page in general is a mess.
-Icons for locked medals are far too bright and busy, blending into the ones earned.
-No indication of 'new day begins at' or how many submissions I've voted on.
-Far less information in dialog boxes all around.
-Annoying, repeating sounds on under judgement submissions.
-Everything is big and overly spread out, I can see a lot less at a glance than before.

Overall, it's very pretty to look at, but feels like more effort went into the bling than the function.

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 14:02:52

This is neat.

He'd Look Just Like You'd Want Him Too, Some Kind of Slick Chrome American Prince.

Tweet//LastFM//Qwantz//Blog

BBS Signature