Respond to this Topic
OptimisticOctopus
OptimisticOctopus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Writer
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 03:23 PM Reply

I love the redesign, but does the site seem buggy to anyone else? Movies/games aren't working for me at ALL, and I definitely have the latest flash player. I mean, it's to be expected though with something so new.

Crink
Crink
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 03:24 PM Reply

the entirety of the site minus of the bbs has been substantially improved imo. its look very contemporary, i like it. it's just the bbs has suffered a hit.

i feel as if it's usability has been kicked in the nuts. i cannot cruise around with as much ease as i could previously.

there's no reply to topic button by each post anymore, only the quote button. so i have to either scroll to the top and hit reply or reply then delete the quote.

there's so no seperation between the post body and the user info on the left so looking at posts is just weird now.

the drop down menu at the top of topics which allows you to change from forum to forum is gone too so i have to go to forum index then click another forum

the grey then orange separating topics is very off putting. there should just still be a line between each topic

the ng news should have its own box at the top of each forum because i keep mistaking it for an actual bbs topic now.

the previous ng bbs was god tier because it looked like a lot was going on yet it was incredibly simple to use and very streamlined. however, this rendition looks like it has a lot going and it does. there's so much bam bam in your face shit without the same usability. don't fix what aint broken

hey

BBS Signature
LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Artist
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 03:28 PM Reply

and you thought you took my golden bow away!...

BBS Signature
Splatta
Splatta
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 03:29 PM Reply

my good sense of web design tells me that i need to put splatter and grunge photoshop brushes over everything

http://circe-baka.deviantart.com/art/Blood-Splatter-Brushes-
Pack-116767140
excellent Excellent

i LOVE background images with no continuity and layered textures made out of deviantart brush packs

TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 03:33 PM Reply

At 12 hours ago, Dj-Svenzo wrote: How do you delete music tracks now?

That will return with project unpublish / delete features.

Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 03:35 PM Reply

At 30 seconds ago, TomFulp wrote:
At 12 hours ago, Dj-Svenzo wrote: How do you delete music tracks now?
That will return with project unpublish / delete features.

Don't want to sound impatient but I'm curious if you have some timeframe for such things. I guess stuff like making it possible to submit anything comes first though. :P

aka SBB! I'm not on Newgrounds anymore, but you can find me here:
Youtube | Soundcloud | Facebook

Eltro2kneo
Eltro2kneo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Movie Buff
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 03:47 PM Reply

At 3 hours ago, TomFulp wrote:
At 11 hours ago, sweet21 wrote: Another somewhat minor complaint, after browsing the art, audio and flash portal I noticed that the scores and vote area are not together.
I get increasingly tempted to replace the Pico voting bar with something more compact that can sit well with the score but just haven't been able to bring myself to go that far yet. We may go back to a numerical score instead of stars since they aren't as clear.

Fuck. God damn it, the simplicity does NOT open solutions, it shrinks them!

Words do not kill people, people kill words.
You have no enemies, you are your enemy.
Eltro Mato

dlxrevolution
dlxrevolution
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 03:50 PM Reply

Still gotta wonder if they were going to show those naked pictures of Tom we always wanted...

Sig made by DLX

BBS Signature
JOHNNY29
JOHNNY29
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Gamer
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 03:50 PM Reply

NG has really out done itself! And just to think: I though the 2007 and 2005 redesigns were amazing.

[New Servers on the Way!] [Twitter] [My Site] [My NGLog]
Click on the image!
Sig by bangyouredead

BBS Signature
numbclass
numbclass
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Melancholy
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 03:55 PM Reply

I was a little concerned at first, but after the site was put back up, I was dumbfounded on how great it looked. This was a good move that you made tom.

Roses are red, Violets are blue, I have a gun, Get in the van.

BBS Signature
Daikenkini
Daikenkini
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Audiophile
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 04:02 PM Reply

Page twentie-ONE!

:DDD

Some great songs for you in 1440p: Crysis 2 Epilogue | Trine 2 Main Theme | Rage Theme | Skyrim Theme

BBS Signature
Nonchalant
Nonchalant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 04:05 PM Reply

This is schweet!

Listen2Reason
Listen2Reason
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Programmer
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 04:11 PM Reply

On my user page it shows the four Time Fcuk levels I created, with screenshots of them and links to play each.

That is freaking awesome.

MetalDuck
MetalDuck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Movie Buff
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 04:13 PM Reply

I dig it, Fulp.

BBS Signature
ultimatum479
ultimatum479
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 04:18 PM Reply

So, exactly when was having only pictures on each portal, instead of actual DESCRIPTIONS, a good thing? It's an improvement to have to click on every single game or video in order to know what you're getting into?

Seriously, how on earth can anyone prefer image spam (http://www.newgrounds.com/games) to actual information (http://web.archive.org/web/20110721224235/http://www.newgro unds.com/game/)?

jmaster570
jmaster570
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 04:22 PM Reply

i am not sure if it is because of the update but when i try to load some games/ movies it doesnt load with the little box in the top left that has a circle square and triangle. ( i have had bad internet problems b4 so it may be that)
internet explorer 9 windows vista

Sendmeback
Sendmeback
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Gamer
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 04:22 PM Reply

As most of us Ive been here on NG almost every day for the last few years and I really liked the old design Im gonna miss it! But hey its time for change. First thing I noticed it feels slow, I dont mean server overload because Ive tried browsing it at different hours if there are that many people every minute thats a good thing or u just need a better server, also old site was more fast phased if you get what I mean (more user friendly) maybe I just lost because its new but accessing music by genre needs 3 clicks instead of 2, call me stupid but this is what I mean by faster. Scoring from 1-10 changed to 5 stars, u can fill a star half way so I guess its still score 10 so that one was a nice upgrade. The buttons on the top are too shiny and overloaded. The rest I just have to get used to it except one thing, this black hurts my eyes!

gj NG keep up the good work!

Taydrz
Taydrz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 04:24 PM Reply

It's about time! >.< I skimmed some of the forums and actually thought Newgrounds.com died... *sadness* BUT, It was BS so good stuff... Tom, Dan and the whole of you newgrounds ppl keep up the prosauceness of the site and i'm go make myself a Scotch fountian... peace!

BBS Signature
Igyzone
Igyzone
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 04:26 PM Reply

I signed up to newgrounds after the redesign especially for this moment, even though I've ben here for several years, lol

BBS Signature
Darknessbomber
Darknessbomber
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 04:30 PM Reply

well i like the new style but perfer old one. there so far hasnt been the preview robot from the old style for audio portal and while everything i have to say looks really cool some of the text and options are cut off. there also seems to be a problem with points since i just voted on five submissions but never got the message saying i got experience points for it. oh well can't have everything but might i recommend a way to let people go back to original layout if they wish to? might be useful for people who perfer the original over the newer version

vai90
vai90
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 04:36 PM Reply

SUCCESS! I love it, Tom. I fucking love it.

TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 04:40 PM Reply

At 13 hours ago, Coop wrote: Can I have an aura stating "writer", please? Everyone else has been pandered to and none of the others accurately reflects me as a member of society :(

This was a big oversight and we're moving to rectify it. :)

Pokemonpoeguygcn
Pokemonpoeguygcn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Melancholy
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 04:47 PM Reply

Yo, I'm curious. Are the B/P ranks still giving the bonus voting power to games and movies or not?

TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 04:48 PM Reply

At 13 hours ago, BrotherRabbit wrote: 1) I had a voting power of 10+ before the update and now it's 8.14 with no added bonus. What gives? Additionally, no note as to how many more votes I need to complete the day's points collection or notice that I've gained my points...

That's a bug we need to fix.

Wha, wha, whaaaaaa!?!? "we plan to switch to a one-vote-per-user system" Just saw this... Please don't. Please for the love of [insert unholy omnipotent being here] don't! This is why I log in daily, for the extra voting power over the newbs. Trust me, senior members having more voting power over D-bags that just registered is a GOOD THING.

Oops I didn't mean voting power of 1 per user, I meant one vote per submission per user. So you would vote with power but not vote multiple times on the same thing. To do it right the score of the submission would need to fluctuate over time as your vote power grows - but this might be a big performance issue so it's still in an exploratory phase.

2) Thanks for leaving the "Classic Portal" page, but can we get a segregated "Under Judgement" spot back at the top please?

Under Judgment stuff still shows up on the Classic Portal, it's just that publishing broke so nothing has been submitted since launch.

Yert
Yert
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Art Lover
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 04:50 PM Reply

I'm not sure if I'm the first person to find this, but I'm certainly too lazy to look through this entire thread to see.

The newgrounds.com/lit/levels page still shows the old levels. I already tried clearing my cache and all that stuff, but it's still not showing the new ones.

Redesign 2012 Complete!

aquaticmole
aquaticmole
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 04:52 PM Reply

It's so clean, and pretty like a new dog.

aquaticmole.

BBS Signature
ConkerConker
ConkerConker
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 04:52 PM Reply

I like it so far.

Angiki
Angiki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 04:54 PM Reply

All of the shiny buttons and crap makes my eyes hurt.

I'm looking for the guy who puts the "rapist" in "therapist". Because I'm totally not him.

Also, MUSIC!! Check it out 'n stuff. {1}

gameboy09
gameboy09
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Gamer
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 04:55 PM Reply

I'm really digging the new design. BUT could you add a sprite animation to the movies section.

T3XT
T3XT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Gamer
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 04:59 PM Reply

At 21 hours ago, reverend wrote: Oh Snap! And congrats!

Do I like this...?