Snake Re-imagined And Taken To The 3rd Dimension!4.05 / 5.00 3,517 Views
Be a badass and go on an epic kung fu quest!3.88 / 5.00 5,407 Views
Learn puppet reptile's best ABCs in this physics-driven interactive storybook3.88 / 5.00 5,351 Views
Welcome to the Newgrounds of the future, today!
If you find a bug, you can PM Me with a description. Please include your browser version and operating system.
If you have general feedback or suggestions, reply to this thread! Read the rest of this post first, though.
1) We have removed the word "Flash" because movies and games won't always have to be Flash.
2) Movies and Games are being treated more as their own portals, although we still have the Classic Portal if you miss it. There is a new judgment list as well. We intend to split the daily awards but that hasn't happened yet.
3) If you browse the Games section, you can check out our insanely nerdy genre navigation. It allows you to view all action games, but you can also drill down to just shooters, or drill that down to vertical shooters. We were the original movie and game portal and now we can finally show off what people have contributed over the past 12 years!
4) Movies, Games and Audio all now have tag data publicly available. If you play Madness Accelerant, underneath the game window you will see links for the Run 'n Gun genre and more games tagged with Madness.
5) The Audio Portal now has co-authoring so you can credit your collaborators!
6) Mike made a hot new audio player that can run WinAmp visualizations for massive variety. Songs loop seamlessly. You can now use your arrow keys to move forward / back and spacebar to pause. Try fullscreen mode!
7) We've added a fun calendar to track upcoming and ongoing events.
8) When logged in, to the immediate left of the logout button you will see your Notifications button. This gives you a quick glimpse of recent activity by artists you've favorited. This is just a start.
9) We have dazzling page skins by artists here on NG. If you want to see more by a particular artist, click the "Wall Artist" link in the top right above the nav.
10) Movies, Games and Audio now use THE PROJECT SYSTEM. The Project System allows you to set up and preview your submission well before you publish it. Instead of using the Portal Buddies system (it's gone), you can just add people to your project and they will get a PM invite to join. You can also invite beta testers to have private access to your unpublished work. One of the biggest improvements is the Project System brings our API under a single umbrella with your submission, making life infinitely easier for anyone who has ever used our API.
Contributors - you may need to take a moment to wrap your head around the Project System, it can look intimidating at first but solves a ton of problems and is the foundation for more cool stuff to come. Right now you can't unpublish or delete projects but we'll be getting that in place soon, along with more tightening up for clarity and ease of use. See our wiki page for a general overview of how the system works.
Everyone - you might be shocked by any number of changes, so take a deep breath, let it soak in, then let us know how you think specific things could be better. For example, we know the game and movie thumbnails on the front page are a drastic departure from the way they have been presented for A DECADE. We're still tinkering with different ways to treat this space but this is the way we're trying today.
1) The review boxes don't currently show the average review score. Because we plan to switch to a one-vote-per-user system, everything may ultimately be merged into a single score on the page.
2) The store checkout is running through the secure server but the URL won't turn green because layout elements aren't being served up properly. We'll be fixing that.
3) We still need to run imports on a lot of previous revenue stats before that shows up in the system.
4) Need to get B&P back into voting power and acknowledge deposit after five votes (it does deposit).
The important thing to note is we have a big list of tweaks and improvements and we are open to your feedback along the way. Expect enhancements on a much more regular basis now!
ULTRA BIG THANKS go to the icon and genre mods who prepped games and movies for launch. Over 145,000 new thumbnails have been created since we decided they had to be larger.
Thanks also go out to the dedicated team here at NG! This was a BIG project and YOU GUYS MADE IT HAPPEN.
Three more things:
We hope you love the new site as much as we do! Let us know what you think.
UNLEASH THE SCOTCH FOUNTAIN
At A few seconds ago, PsychoGoldfish wrote: I like turtles
your butt has dicks in it and you like it
At A few seconds ago, liljim wrote:At A few seconds ago, PsychoGoldfish wrote: I like turtlesAnd I'm not dead yet.
Theres servers falling from the sky
At 3 minutes ago, PsychoGoldfish wrote:At A few seconds ago, Stamper wrote:Your dicks has my butt around it and you like itAt A few seconds ago, PsychoGoldfish wrote: I like turtlesyour butt has dicks in it and you like it
FUCK YOU MAN
tom's butt has everyone's dick in it, and he's all like HEY MY NAME'S TOM DERRR
Guys, this looks so good. This turned out way better then anything that I could have imagined! You really deserve that scotch fountain!
Now get back to work on BattleBlock Theater, Tom.
"I need a katana to slice a banana"