00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Willyp213 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Redesign 2012 Complete!

142,241 Views | 934 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 22:02:38

Unfortunately I don't have the time to read this entire thread to see if it's already been mentioned, but please do consider bringing back the dropdown menu on a movie's page that linked to the author's other work. I used that thing all the time to navigate between episodes of stuff and check out previous movies/games.

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 22:10:32

It looks awesome overall. Only criticisms I have are that the submission's title is only revealed via rollover, and the banner image in our personal page is gone. Actually, why not let us upload our own wall image in place of it in the future?

And the project manager is awesome.

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 22:18:27

Redesign looks great, but still after all this time no volume control for anything? Maybe consider it for the future?

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 22:23:53

At 2 minutes ago, gankinu wrote: Redesign looks great, but still after all this time no volume control for anything? Maybe consider it for the future?

There's a little slide on your computer that controls the volume...

It's in the bottom right.

My favorite color is dinosaur muffins.

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 22:31:00

At 8 minutes ago, gankinu wrote: Redesign looks great, but still after all this time no volume control for anything? Maybe consider it for the future?

The thing is that this is not like Youtube or any other streaming sites, adding volume control within the site would mess up the audio in whatever submission, like having the movie audio and commentary audio on at the same volume (then again, whoever would do that would already have their own method of audio control). Don't know how else to explain it.

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 22:34:30

My red Aura is gone, my user icon is changed, my awesome banner is gone, the new front page is a mess...this redesign sucks ass.

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 22:36:24

At 16 minutes ago, gankinu wrote: Redesign looks great, but still after all this time no volume control for anything? Maybe consider it for the future?

Obviously you know nothing about flash...

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 23:11:13

At 34 minutes ago, TheSouthernTower wrote: My red Aura is gone, my user icon is changed, my awesome banner is gone, the new front page is a mess...this redesign sucks ass.

Captain, sir, if you don't like it then just go away and pretend nothing happened.

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 23:13:43

in the art portal the next and previous buttons are gone :( so you cant just browse through the individual photo's like before... please put them back

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 23:16:35

Mang, I ain't got any experience points in past 2 days, although I've voted like hell
7,140 / 7,510

My my, did I miss something?

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 23:30:58

At 5 minutes ago, skater007 wrote:
At 34 minutes ago, TheSouthernTower wrote: My red Aura is gone, my user icon is changed, my awesome banner is gone, the new front page is a mess...this redesign sucks ass.
Captain, sir, if you don't like it then just go away and pretend nothing happened.

That's not fair. Lots of people used Newgrounds every day. They can't just pretend nothing happened by going away because if nothing happened then they'd still be using Newgrounds.

I guess this is already on the table but I want those notifications back that tell you how many submissions you gotta vote for until you get your experience. That's comparatively unimportant, though.

It feels like the Flash submissions are more laggy than before. It could be a fluke but I imagine the new pages are taking up more CPU for some reason.

I do have a seemingly simple suggestion. At the very least there could be a switch that toggles the front page so that all the thumbnails automatically display the titles and ratings as if they were rolled over. I still really wish we had descriptions and am kind of angry about how many things the redesign straight up took away. Lots of petty little things are gone. Like you can see how many views a submission has but not how many votes. When you force change on people then you should do your best to ensure that the change is objectively better. For example, having a choice between two things is objectively better than either thing by itself.

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 23:40:07

That's not fair. Lots of people used Newgrounds every day. They can't just pretend nothing happened by going away because if nothing happened then they'd still be using Newgrounds.

Hail to these words, sir.

:Like you can see how many views a submission has but not how many votes. When you force change on people then you should do your best to ensure that the change is objectively better. For example, having a choice between two things is objectively better than either thing by itself.

You can see how many votes a submission has by rolling over the stars below, it shows the score and how many people have already voted on it

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-10 00:04:10

I'm in love with the redesign.

While it's a shame there are a bunch of things that didn't make it into the release, I'm still looking forward to them all.

My biggest gripe.... is that there's still no "Edit Post" button. Makes updating a thread a real pain in the ass, and causes a lot of extra posts that could have otherwise been avoided.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-10 00:15:41

At 6 minutes ago, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: I'm in love with the redesign.

While it's a shame there are a bunch of things that didn't make it into the release, I'm still looking forward to them all.

My biggest gripe.... is that there's still no "Edit Post" button. Makes updating a thread a real pain in the ass, and causes a lot of extra posts that could have otherwise been avoided.

Woman, the "Edit - Remove Post" - button or something you're imaginating about is only available for mods and staff.
A lot of things would have occurred (or have gone wrong, a lot of misunderstanding) if this button would be available for casual users.
Wade told it to everyone already, like 2-3 lifetimes ago

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-10 00:34:38

Unless I am missing something we cannot blow the whistle on submissions anymore. We should get that function back.

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-10 01:03:48

This is so fucking amazing. I cannot tell how much fuckin' awe I'm in right now. :o

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-10 01:18:03

wow nice design

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-10 01:28:46

I lost all my favorited art "creator" links, and http://mayormcheese.newgrounds.com/ , another long-time member, lost all his submitted art!
Okay, I had almost 200 fav'ed artists, no biggie there.
But where is the Riff-Raff column on the news page? The spam accounts should stop 'cause now there's the jpeg word copy thing... so are going to get unpublished user's news?

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-10 01:34:17

Oh, and I was picked to vote on last month's submissions. No such notification or page exists now. Figured I'd wait for a possible better interface to do that with. Now it's vanished. I wanna chance at 100$! And to do my civic duty, of course.

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-10 01:37:34

I like the old design better, but perhaps I need to get used to this new one.

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-10 01:42:28

It would be nice if there were a way to see all the possible rank pictures, like on the old site.

[url=http://steamsignature.com][img ]http://steamsignature.com/profile/

default/76561198046214639.png[/img]

[/url]

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-10 01:44:45

Upon checking, you still get your daily 10 EXP (Grounds Gold) for voting on 5 submissions.

It doesn't give you a notification of how many votes left before you deposit your EXP for the day, but you'll still get it the same way as before.

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-10 01:45:11

At A few seconds ago, CommanderOrion732 wrote: It would be nice if there were a way to see all the possible rank pictures, like on the old site.

Levels, Ranks, and Whistle.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-10 01:48:47

At 1 hour ago, skater007 wrote: Woman, the "Edit - Remove Post" - button or something you're imaginating about is only available for mods and staff.
A lot of things would have occurred (or have gone wrong, a lot of misunderstanding) if this button would be available for casual users.
Wade told it to everyone already, like 2-3 lifetimes ago

Aggressive much? Calm down, it's called an opinion, and in my opinion, the forum would be better off with an edit post button... I am not alone.

There's nothing stopping there from being a time limit for edits to prevent major misunderstandings... I just hate posting up a giant thread to find out I forgot to mention something vital to the thread, or made a really stupid typo that completely changes the context of the sentence.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-10 02:07:23

God damn it.

Monster Count: 2999 - Countdown to 3000

DO ANY OF YOU BOYS LIVE IN VIRGINIA?!

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-10 02:17:47

Looks Awesome!

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-10 02:45:32

How do you Rate on a submission? I click the stars and press 5 but I can't seem to vote.

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-10 02:49:52

I have some constructive feedback:

I have found it annoying that the rating symbols are only in red in the movie portal and only blue in the games portal I think it should be E=Green M=orange A=red etc like it used to be maybe if you see it as somthing that is easy to do or if enough people state about this you could change it to make it easier to distingish between the differnt ratings as it can be increasingly hard if a game has a blue thumbnail or a movie has a red thumbnail.

Thank you

-haydc

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-10 05:29:52

this is bad.

IF IT AINT BROKEN, DONT FIX IT

its broken now though

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-10 05:53:52

At 4 hours ago, reverend wrote:
At A few seconds ago, CommanderOrion732 wrote: It would be nice if there were a way to see all the possible rank pictures, like on the old site.
Levels, Ranks, and Whistle.

Ha, well, they at least added my flaming skull morningstar idea, hot piss.

ewwwww I get a wooden Bleach sword next grosss

oh yes and put the punch knife and cracked nunchuks further forward, right

At 6/24/15 11:11 PM, TheGamechanger wrote:

: CorpseGrinder is the Undertaker of the Portal.

BBS Signature