Respond to this Topic
Mr-Shark
Mr-Shark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Game Developer
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! Feb. 11th, 2012 @ 01:21 PM Reply

Really good job guys, love the redesign. Now you should redesign a new T-Shirt for the new NG because I need a new one.

BBS Signature
Sonicyay2
Sonicyay2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Gamer
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! Feb. 11th, 2012 @ 01:57 PM Reply

At 1 day ago, majormelthesackboy wrote:
At 17 minutes ago, supermario63rox wrote: but what on earth happened to Turd of the week? I was aiming for that >:L
You just answered your own question.

How?

I make half-decent Stickmen animations. My old username was supermario63rox, too. I hate that username.
Cliff the Gap Leaper 2! You wanna join?

BBS Signature
Michaely385
Michaely385
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Movie Buff
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! Feb. 11th, 2012 @ 02:04 PM Reply

At 40 minutes ago, Mr-Shark wrote: Really good job guys, love the redesign. Now you should redesign a new T-Shirt for the new NG because I need a new one.

Wow, it is a great redesign. I love when it is all great and stuff.

This is like better than the last redesign for 5 years. It is awesome.

Hoeloe
Hoeloe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Game Developer
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! Feb. 11th, 2012 @ 02:34 PM Reply

At 34 minutes ago, supermario63rox wrote:
At 1 day ago, majormelthesackboy wrote:
At 17 minutes ago, supermario63rox wrote: but what on earth happened to Turd of the week? I was aiming for that >:L
You just answered your own question.
How?

Obviously because it was removed to avoid people submitting purposefully crap flash in an attempt to get it.

Decima: The Last Story of Vald has a Facebook page and a development blog. Give them a look!
------------------------------

BBS Signature
CorpseGrinderClock
CorpseGrinderClock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Animator
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! Feb. 11th, 2012 @ 02:38 PM Reply

At 4 hours ago, jonthomson wrote: also having the play movie button continually making noises if you have autoplay disabled is horrendously annoying

Emphasis.

At 12/16/11 12:04 AM, Luis wrote:
: i like all the masturbation threads i know more about myself than i ever would if it wasnt for newgrounds.

BBS Signature
OctopusSandwich
OctopusSandwich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Programmer
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! Feb. 11th, 2012 @ 03:08 PM Reply

The new User Statshot thing on profiles is pretty cool.

Little-Rena
Little-Rena
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! Feb. 11th, 2012 @ 04:04 PM Reply

At 54 minutes ago, OctopusSandwich wrote: The new User Statshot thing on profiles is pretty cool.

I agree but the Sup.Commander rank image needs fixing.

V-K
V-K
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! Feb. 11th, 2012 @ 04:19 PM Reply

I don't understand why all the avatars and pictures don't work anymore.
And the old rating system looked much cooler than the new star system, no idea why you guys changed that.

jebbbbzzzdebebz
jebbbbzzzdebebz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! Feb. 11th, 2012 @ 05:41 PM Reply

I gave myself the week to get used to it before leaving feedback.
Everything is pretty cool. My only complaint: new favicon. HATE it. I want the tank back.

Sheizenhammer
Sheizenhammer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! Feb. 11th, 2012 @ 06:00 PM Reply

Not really a bug, but I love how this piece of inaccurate FAQ information has survived two redesigns now:

Redesign 2012 Complete!

spritefan
spritefan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! Feb. 11th, 2012 @ 06:02 PM Reply

Oh, the other thing I miss is how when you used to enter the audio portal, a random track from the top 5 of the week starts playing. I loved entering the audio portal and hearing some epic track begin. I found most of the NGmusic I liked through that too. :(

blakemoso
blakemoso
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Game Developer
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! Feb. 11th, 2012 @ 06:04 PM Reply

At 21 minutes ago, jebbbbzzzdebebz wrote: I gave myself the week to get used to it before leaving feedback.
Everything is pretty cool. My only complaint: new favicon. HATE it. I want the tank back.

I have to agree here... the old little tank favicon was cute... I loved it.

BBS Signature
whazzup3929
whazzup3929
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! Feb. 11th, 2012 @ 06:53 PM Reply

wow...you got rid of search by author...nice...flashy colors ehh? lets make everything look like a mac...oh joy.

charlie-sheening
charlie-sheening
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! Feb. 11th, 2012 @ 07:10 PM Reply

I'm loving the redesign.

I have a suggestion, but I haven't read all the replies so this may be in the works or something.. But what about a comment section for project pages? That seems like it would be really helpful, to be able to talk on a project page with the other collaborators/conspirators of a project.

Another suggestion is to whore the whole site out with Facebook like buttons, forum threads, content, everything. If they were tiny mini icons it wouldn't be intrusive and might help bring more people and make sharing content easier

Redesign 2012 Complete!

TharosTheDragon
TharosTheDragon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Programmer
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! Feb. 11th, 2012 @ 08:10 PM Reply

At 17 hours ago, Goat-Man wrote: I'm not sure if this is happening to me or everyone. But every time I close my browser and open it up again I am logged out. It remembers my password and username, but I'm always logged out. Regardless of if I press the remember info thing or not. I'm not sure if this is a bug or a change, but I'd rather it kept me logged in.
At 14 hours ago, Alisbet wrote: Please, fix that annoying bug that causes me to log out between sessions.

It's happening to me too, so I'll assume it's happening to everybody and needs to be fixed.

Please show the last 3 news posts on the front page like before, instead of just the most recent one.

And here's a real major problem. The movie and game sections on people's profiles use the same format as the front page. I want to be able to be able to go to an author's page after watching a movie that I liked and see what else he has made that's any good. That means I need to be able to see their scores. The new thumbnails have like no information with them. I wish they could be more like the links that show up in forum threads.

And I presume this is a known issue, but none of the 5 buttons work that are supposed to modify text when writing forum posts. They include Strong, Emphasis, Underline, Link, and E-Mail.

I got Flash CS4 in case you need something converted to CS3.

Eltro2kneo
Eltro2kneo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Movie Buff
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! Feb. 11th, 2012 @ 09:45 PM Reply

There's this tiny problem I have. In the Community section, all you have is: Forums, Calendar, Artist News, Rankings, Downloads, and Wiki. But no Riff Raff or Staff Blogs to read Blog posts from non artists.

The old redesign had the Riff Raff and Staff Blogs in "Blogs". Why were they removed? I always liked to post a comment on a non artist blog because there's people who are just writers instead of film makers, game developers, musicians or painters.

Without the Riff Raff, people who didn't upload any Movie, Game, Music or Painting, have no reason to make blog posts.

And I'm one of those people who are writers and bloggers and feel disappointed for not having the spotlight we once had.

But hopefully, you'll add that Literature (Lit) Portal you mentioned.

Words do not kill people, people kill words.
You have no enemies, you are your enemy.
Eltro Mato

Xpower7
Xpower7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! Feb. 11th, 2012 @ 11:10 PM Reply

Old features that needs to be back:

The list of movies under author.
For example, let say Egoraptor submitted "Silly movie #2" today, I click on the link and see the movie, but I haven't see "Silly movie #1" yet; before the redesign, you went under the author name, click the movie list and find "Silly movie #1" with ease.

How do I do that now?
You have to click on the author name; click on "View All Movies"; now, you only see the movie's screen shots, arranged by year. Now you have to move the mouse cursor over all movies to see which one is "Silly movie #1". Really a pain. Also, the movie name should be visible always.

The link to see pass the 50 latest submissions.
Every day I come to NG and see the latest submissions. I usually come from work, click the link to see latest submissions after the 50 list and start checking the movies/games where I left it the hours/day before so I don't miss anything. Now I can't do that. Where do I see pass the 50 list?

PS. Pardon my English.

MI4-REAL-2001
MI4-REAL-2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! Feb. 12th, 2012 @ 12:13 AM Reply

At 23 hours ago, NordicConquest wrote: Am I the only one who thinks the redesign is fucking ugly?

No. I agree with you.

Old design was better. The new weapons look like crap. So do the whistles, and quite a few other things which will come to me as I go.
And the newout layout just creates more confusion, and doesn't look better than the old layout. So what if the previous layout was 10 years old, it worked, and worked well.

If I had my way, we'd rollback to the old layout in a week.

I DO like the new content though. Among other things, the additions to medals.

Kisuke
Kisuke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Blank Slate
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! Feb. 12th, 2012 @ 12:26 AM Reply

Will you guys bring back User of the Day with the upcoming fixes? And what about the EGSC emblem not having it's wings? Is that a bug as well?

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]
XBL / PSN - Voidist
Malice
is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature
Apatheia
Apatheia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! Feb. 12th, 2012 @ 12:54 AM Reply

Could you guys fix the police officer rank on my page? It shows me as portal security. Or is it supposed to be like that now?

"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite."

BBS Signature
NitrogenousBeing
NitrogenousBeing
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Animator
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! Feb. 12th, 2012 @ 02:07 AM Reply

I run Firefox latest version.

Here are some problems:

Music player has a tendency to have the music skip badly during page navigation and saving files. -old one never did this.

No way to blow the whistle on submissions under judgement or otherwise.

No way to recommend flashes for collections.

Often receive illegal communication errors when voting. These can only be fixed by logging out and logging back in and my vote only counts after I fix it.

Some things I'd like to see:

Ability to turn of visualizations on the music player.

Ability to add songs you want to hear to a playlist that you can play on the music player so I can go by and check off a bunch of songs that I want to hear without having to go through the trouble of going to the next one every time a song is done. Note: this wouldn't be a favorites list just a list of songs to play. So you can try out new ones and only add what you really like to your favs.

Next button in the art portal.

More information on listed flashes than just the icon and title.

User created series pages so authors with a series can consolidate everything. By everything I mean movies games audio art lit news comments and bbs links. Maybe after staff approval. This could be an expansion of the user page or something. It could be searchable and feature-able. The pages could even be a home for interviews and behind the scenes things.

Preview post ability on bbs.

Ranks affecting voting power again.

Separate levels for the other Portals.

Lit Portal.

Notifications when authors reply to a comment you made on their news post. Or a list of comments you made with replies similar to how you can look at a list of all your forum posts

I'd ask for a chat but knowing NG's history I know the staff don't take this idea seriously.

NitrogenousBeing
NitrogenousBeing
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Animator
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! Feb. 12th, 2012 @ 02:17 AM Reply

One additional bug I forgot to list. I have a favorite artist that doesn't show up on my fav list and when I try to refav them the only option is manage favorite authors. The example: is knockwurst is supposed to be on my favorite art artists list but he doesn't show up and I can't add him.

VicariousE
VicariousE
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! Feb. 12th, 2012 @ 03:18 AM Reply

At 1 day ago, Bahamut wrote:
At 3 minutes ago, Ericho wrote: Does anyone know how you get more experience points? I tried voting on stuff but everytime that happens, the usual thing doesn't pop up saying that I need to vote on more things. I think I'm already starting to dislike this new design. Do you still only have five things that you can vote on?
You still get your deposits but there's no notification message for now. The best way to determine you've deposited is to keep a closer eye on how much EXP you have. Additionally, NG Log is back up so you can track your deposits there.

Yeah, but that's bogus. If you on vote on fewer than five entries, those votes don't roll over to the next day.
Maybe I'll just wipe a nose bugger on the screen every time I vote. Some upgrade. Bad enough I have to stat-whore at another site (thanks for reminding me :3).

Now building Vault 101, reverse engineered from yesterdays technology.

BBS Signature
VicariousE
VicariousE
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! Feb. 12th, 2012 @ 03:27 AM Reply

At 3 hours ago, MI4-REAL-2001 wrote:
At 23 hours ago, NordicConquest wrote: Am I the only one who thinks the redesign is fucking ugly?
No. I agree with you.

Old design was better. The new weapons look like crap. So do the whistles, and quite a few other things which will come to me as I go.

The "new" level icon weapons are the old level icons, remember? Shit, do I have to go to the archive site and find it? How can you forget that creepy "Slimer" level? Anyway I'm with ya. It sure isn't love at first sight with this one. I loved the last version the moment it hit the screen, especially the level icons.

Now building Vault 101, reverse engineered from yesterdays technology.

BBS Signature
lookwashere
lookwashere
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Programmer
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! Feb. 12th, 2012 @ 05:23 AM Reply

Is there anyway we can get an audio playlist type feature for the audio portal? I hate having to switch back to my browser to keep starting up new songs.
-LF

cousteau
cousteau
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Gamer
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! Feb. 12th, 2012 @ 08:06 AM Reply

I'm missing a short description for the games in the front page (or at least tags/stars or something like that).

Also, I'd like the front page to be customizable. Would this be possible? Like, I'd prefer to see more games and less movies. Also be able to select a different frontpaging algorithm, so I can decide whether I prefer new or popular games? Sometimes the front page gets stuck with the same games for weeks and doesn't change them.

Eltro2kneo
Eltro2kneo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Movie Buff
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! Feb. 12th, 2012 @ 08:30 AM Reply

At 7 hours ago, MI4-REAL-2001 wrote:
No. I agree with you.

The old design was more broken and a little more disorganized, it had several unfinished and discontinued features they were gonna add in 2007. Remember the chat? Never made, never will be. Or what about the NG Mag? Never fixed, and didn't see the light of day.

As for weapon icons, that's just opinion. There's people who enjoy pixel art you know. And the whistles look pretty bad ass to me. I don't see why is this a problem if it's something SUBJECTIVE.

And the newout layout just creates more confusion, and doesn't look better than the old layout. So what if the previous layout was 10 years old, it worked, and worked well.

What's so confusing about MOVIES, GAMES, AUDIO, ART, CHANNELS, COMMUNITY, and NG STORE as navigation? They all take one click, you don't have to worry about the sub tabs, I mean, who cares about "latest", "greatest", and "popular"? Just click on the main tabs since that's what we're all use to do.

If you go to MOVIES, it takes you to MOVIES.
You go to GAMES, it takes you to GAMES.
You go to AUDIO, it takes you to AUDIO.
You go to ART, it takes you to ART.
It's very self explanatory yet you think it's harder to understand the obvious.

It's more confusing to name the movies and games "flash" because there's plenty of people who don't know what flash is, and some think that it's a light bulb blinking (literally). And one more thing, movies and games no longer have to be flash, so it's no wonder the portal was split to two.

As for looks, again, opinion. Each page changes color to keep fresh so you wont have to see the same thing for too long. Pretty much like Windows 7 with it's wallpapers that change.

If I had my way, we'd rollback to the old layout in a week.

If you had your way, we'd go back to the past and play the shitty games that suck ass (and stay for 20 years). No, not happening. You only want to go back because you're so use to the old broken layout and refuse to use the latest just for being new, and not for the other stuff.

Customs is one thing, convenience is another. If you let go of your customs, you'll see the mayor convenience in the new compared to old.

My dad doesn't go to new grounds and he wanted to know its purpose.
So he:
1. Went to the Community tab. (the data base where all information is found [which is expected from the name "Community".])
2. Clicked on Wiki. (Since he knows Wikipedia, source of free information.)
3. He went to history, and learned new grounds. End of story.

New people find it more convenient to navigate than accustomed people do.

I quickly adapted to this new layout fast. But I'm disappointed that the blogs from non-artists were removed. Another glitch I found is some of the B/P badges repeat or they're on the wrong rank name. Example: The Supreme Commander has the regular Commander badge. And it's because they kept the old B/P badges.

I DO like the new content though. Among other things, the additions to medals.

The medals were added way before the redesign, kid.

Words do not kill people, people kill words.
You have no enemies, you are your enemy.
Eltro Mato

CrazyYoungPiplup2559
CrazyYoungPiplup2559
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Gamer
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! Feb. 12th, 2012 @ 08:32 AM Reply

Even if I save my login info on Google Chrome by making the X yellow, it automatically logs me off.

error-1011
error-1011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! Feb. 12th, 2012 @ 09:15 AM Reply

I'd just like to voice my opinion and say - the new design is really, really bad.
The bigger icons are unnecessary. A lot of stuff has gone missing, like game collections. Finding something is 10 times harder. The site takes longer to load on old hardware. And it's just ugly, in my opinion.
Not that I visit this site that much anymore.
I have no idea why you guys even needed a new design - the 2007 version was near perfect.

Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Audiophile
Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! Feb. 12th, 2012 @ 09:46 AM Reply

At 1 day ago, ReNaeNae wrote: Do you have plans to change the thread page numbers so more than the last one shows? Or am I going to have to learn to live with it?!

1 2 3 4 ... 10 ... 22 ... 28 29 30 31

I want to +1 to this. With bigger threads I view, having that setting for thread pages would help me a lot so I can go on the second to last page before proceeding to the most recent one.

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut