00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

xrusteater0 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Redesign 2012 Complete!

141,777 Views | 935 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 18:24:33

GOOD JOB TOM!

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 18:43:55

Quoting a good idea suggested by Goat-Man here:

"Right now I'm loving the potential behind a project system integrated directly into Newgrounds! The ability to easily come together and share files will be a great help on future collaborations I'm sure!

It does seem to be missing a key feature though. Communication!
If I am working with a group of people on a project, then there should be a way for me to leave messages for them or talk directly. Maybe it could be an editable document like titanpad, a small chat window or even a forum like thread/post system.
If a system is going to be available to work together like this, then it seems counter-intuitive to still require another means of communicating the project progress and new ideas. It could even be integrated with the notification system, ie "New message(s) in Project ____"

I ran this by people already and they suggested using PMs or Skype (or any such program). The problem with PMs is that it's limited to a 2 way conversation. There is no possible way to keep everyone in the loop of every reply that is made by everyone included. It would get clustered and burdensome. I wouldn't use either Skype because there would be no saved record of all the past conversations, and is someone missed a Skype session they would miss everything said, instead of just reading the old messages saved to the project page.

I hope this is something Newgrounds has planned, or will look into for the future."

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 18:52:32

I'm glad you like it tom, someone has to, please switch it back to the classic look

newgrounds loop: where there's COKE we punch back

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 18:59:53

Love the new emoticons! My only complaint is I want an option to show my stats to on my user page instead of clicking stats.

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 19:04:52

Oh God.

I'm gone for months and come back to this.

The :3 face is completely acceptable so I suppose I'll forgive you all for the mass amounts of confusion I'm feeling.

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 19:09:59

If I have on real request one thing That I know most people would a agree on is that every info panel should uniform more specifically like the Art Portal Info Panel. All the things you need to know about the submission in one convent and non intrusive area. even the like crap.

PLEASE BRING BACK THE MOVIE LIGHT BOX MODE!!!

Redesign 2012 Complete!

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 19:15:49

At 3 minutes ago, JoSilver wrote:
PLEASE BRING BACK THE MOVIE LIGHT BOX MODE!!!

They still have that...

My favorite color is dinosaur muffins.

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 19:15:49

At 4 minutes ago, JoSilver wrote: PLEASE BRING BACK THE MOVIE LIGHT BOX MODE!!!

You mean this?

Redesign 2012 Complete!

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 19:16:34

I very much dislike how the games and movies have no description next to them anymore. Now you have to tediously click every single picture to find out if it is something you would be interested in or not. It really is a severe turn-off. I may have to seek my fun at other web pages. I don't want too though. I love Newgrounds. It's really just extremely frustrating and time consuming.

Otherwise, I like the re-design. Thanks for reading.

Ronald DeVous

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 19:27:53

Good job on the site. Everything runs smooth as hell even on my slow ass laptop. Things look great and there seems to be a lot more information available on a single page. You guys even kept in the old portal so I can't even cry about that.

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 19:29:28

At 8 minutes ago, YoungAndWise wrote:
At 4 minutes ago, JoSilver wrote: PLEASE BRING BACK THE MOVIE LIGHT BOX MODE!!!
You mean this?

absolutely not, when the in-page lay out first was introduce many people hated it and eventually they add the option between the new in-page mode and the old light box mode.

The problem with the in page mode is that if a swf is too small it's shoves it the side of web page.
The light box mode made it so the movie is always snapped the center of the page.

That's what I want back.

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 19:43:48

At 2 hours ago, SouljaBoy wrote: swag

tellem

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 19:46:33

i like the previous setup better, it was a little easier to navigate and i was used to it after over five years of using newgrounds... i think this setup is definitely unique, but navigation is challenging and in the art portal, there is no navigation except hitting the back button when searching through all pics. maybe you guys could find a way to influence both systems?

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 19:46:43

At 2 hours ago, MadCow wrote:
At 1 minute ago, SouljaBoy wrote: swag
THIS muthafuckin nig.

souljabasedgodfuturewolfgangordie

odd future are talentless hacks

wolf piss

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 20:01:15

At 7 minutes ago, LordZeebmork wrote:
At 2 hours ago, MadCow wrote:
At 1 minute ago, SouljaBoy wrote: swag
THIS muthafuckin nig.

souljabasedgodfuturewolfgangordie
odd future are talentless hacks

not really, they're a fun little group of lovable ruggamuffins. you probably just don't like them because you're a member of the homosexual community.

my reference was to soulja boy, lil b, odd future, & that taylor gang shit.

soulja boy sucks (lol)
lil b is hilarious
odd future is fun
taylor gang is uninteresting
lordzeebmork is just a compulsive masturhater eating hatertots dipped in haterade like a fuckin allihater

REAL TALK: you better go get a glass of orange juice & spill it all over yourself likea big dumb baby before i tear through your hymen like a dog tears through a piece of meat

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 20:03:21

Oh, and one other idea. A "Backlog" option (Similar in Function to Favorites, but without the "Assumed" endorsement that comes from Favorites.). There are enough quality items on Newgrounds that I often don't have time to fairly check something out, but I would love to come back to it when I've got the time. What ends up happening is I have a "Tab Folder" full of "To Play / Watch" (Formed from a quick glance at the Home Page, "Pending", and sometimes items talked about on other forums, Etc.) it'd be nice to have this functionality on the site, so that any computer I log into has my Backlog.

A Half formed idea that stemmed as I was typing that out... a fleshed out "List System" integrated with "Favorites" that people could use to suggest other games/movies. It looks like Tags (Which I assume the author is currently responsible for?) could be tied into that system. Haven't considered the mechanics of this enough... but I like the initial sound. ;P

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 20:09:09

At 54 minutes ago, JoSilver wrote: If I have on real request one thing That I know most people would a agree on is that every info panel should uniform more specifically like the Art Portal Info Panel. All the things you need to know about the submission in one convent and non intrusive area. even the like crap.

I really wish that there was a text score out of 5 in addition to the new star system. At a glance it's actually impossible to gauge what the score is. So why would they make it that inconvenient to check?
I do like this set up suggestion though! I even wish that it had the trophies grouped in with it as well. I like seeing them, and as an artist they are a point of pride. Having them pushed to the bottom of the page as an afterthought is insulting. We work hard to earn those awards, and we want to show them off a bit!

GAH!

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 20:19:44

I really miss the text next to the movies and games on the front page. Sometimes the title didn't appeal to me, but the sentence describing it made me click on it.

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 20:31:16

At 55 seconds ago, Goat-Man wrote: I really wish that there was a text score out of 5 in addition to the new star system. At a glance it's actually impossible to gauge what the score is. So why would they make it that inconvenient to check?
I do like this set up suggestion though! I even wish that it had the trophies grouped in with it as well. I like seeing them, and as an artist they are a point of pride. Having them pushed to the bottom of the page as an afterthought is insulting. We work hard to earn those awards, and we want to show them off a bit!

Sing it bother! Power to the People!

Also Aww you guys didn't make new animations for blammed submissions... :C

I was really looking forward to that... oh well.

Also in case anyone is not fully aware of what I mean by the light box mode I mean this.

The real benefit of this mode was that you can read reviews and the the authors comments with out having to scroll back up... or atleast that's what I did.

Redesign 2012 Complete!

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 20:32:48

Ah I really miss the flash portal page.... or whatever it was call.... it was so easy to scroll down and find the best videos of the day highlighted in green or blue text. And the games + movies were there together making it easy to find both.

Now I have to click on multiple pages and buttons to do the same thing.

Really a bummer.

Twinkies!!!!!

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 20:34:49

Oh. Em. Gee. It looks so different. O_O. I'm not gonna lie, it might take some time getting used to it, but I'll try not to hate it so soon xP.
(I'm simply not fond of change xp)

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 20:35:19

Also where'd the scores go? Now there's only stars and it's harded to tell what is good and what isn't.

Bring back the numerical value for the score PLEASE!

Twinkies!!!!!

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 20:40:21

Looks good!

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 20:42:07

The entire site is harder to navigate. I give Newgrounds 4 months.

The World's Youngest Grandad has more coolness in one liver spot than you have in your entire liver:

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCklUsDZmu-i2iOFEkWu4Jkw

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 20:45:46

Not sure if this was stated or not but I am not reading 20 odd pages to find out.

My only complaint is that you cannot see a description without going into the actual game itself, which for those of us on limited data usage makes it impossible to play anything unless I want to waste all my data finding something of interest.

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 20:59:25

I actually like the new redesign. The old one felt too bland for my taste. Hopefully their would be some site updates that would carry over some good aspects from the original.

Just your average beginner artist

My Youtube Account

My DeviantArt Account

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 21:25:07

Why do people think less information is better? Now we can't even see the title of a submission without rolling over it, and even then there's no description. The change should have given us more, not less. It should have shown the author too, for example, like it does for the art submissions. It's weird how art shows the author but not the title while the Flash shows the title but not the author.

And how come when rolling over medals on people's user pages, you can't even see what submission the medals came from? It used to show that.

I sympathize with you guys going through so many thousands of submissions and making new thumbnail sizes. I really don't like the new thumbnail sizes so I wish you would've just saved yourselves the trouble. But just because you went through a lot of work doesn't mean you should make every single user make new profile images when they had perfectly good ones already.

And I certainly hope the "today's best" comes back at the bottom of the page.

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 21:33:56

I love the redesign. It makes it easier to go look through older uploads rather than just looking at the new stuff.

Im Mr. Happy Face Yaaaay! Im gonna cut open your neck and use your blood as syrup on my my pancakes.

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 21:35:49

dang... awsome a well and nicely done over hall on the site [tipping my hat off] got to check it out... in with the new maybe you can show what the site has looked like in past looks to show how far it grew :)

Response to Redesign 2012 Complete! 2012-02-09 21:40:55

go to my profile

DJ GAMEBREAKER

BBS Signature