00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

zombieplush just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ram's Official Art Thread!

90,619 Views | 510 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-02-09 21:29:40

Really neat sketches! I like them very much.
The box headed girl reminds me of someone.

Who are you looking for? What are you looking at?

A light? a star. A boat? an insect. A plane? a flying fish

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-04-05 01:51:12

At 2/9/12 09:29 PM, MasterMerol wrote: Really neat sketches! I like them very much.

Hey guys, its been a little while I've been going through some things. this picture im putting up is i dont know..something totally improvised, trying to dust off my thread.
im not around my home at the time being, so i couldnt scan it. my phone is off right now so this is the best quality i can get for now.
can't remember the last time i used the tablet since i have some time i'll go pick it up tomorrow and see if i can touch up on what i've learned so far. Also, to finish that dang hill billy picture lol.

Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-04-05 02:09:49

At 4/5/12 01:51 AM, Ramatsu wrote:
At 2/9/12 09:29 PM, MasterMerol wrote: Really neat sketches! I like them very much.
Hey guys, its been a little while I've been going through some things. this picture im putting up is i dont know..something totally improvised, trying to dust off my thread.
im not around my home at the time being, so i couldnt scan it. my phone is off right now so this is the best quality i can get for now.
can't remember the last time i used the tablet since i have some time i'll go pick it up tomorrow and see if i can touch up on what i've learned so far. Also, to finish that dang hill billy picture lol.

Wow that looks so much worse than i thought, i said i wouldnt post this til its done, but drastic measures i'll try to get as much new stuff up when i can. I miss this place no really i do >.>.

Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-06-19 18:08:10

i am back! but for how long i do not know, the laptop is in iffy condition o_O, and can go any minute lol. i've been drawing abit, trying to form my own style. havent been able to use the tablet so im far behind on that, might try to color a few of the latest pieces to get the feeling of the tablet again.
majority of them are based on my characters and novel though, debating if i should post them here or the other thread because people get confused with the old and the new or either they just looked at the 1st few pages and made there judgement.
Anyway this first piece is Toph from Avatar:the last airbender, in my style a little older.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-06-19 18:34:25

Was some random scene i drew of an old character of mine, this character was way before naruto fanfic. lol more along the lines of dragon ball z perhaps. i drew this rather quick, so the panels lack alot of detail i could have put if i spent more time.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-06-19 19:08:18

At 6/19/12 06:34 PM, Ramatsu wrote: Was some random scene i drew of an old character of mine, this character was way before naruto fanfic. lol more along the lines of dragon ball z perhaps. i drew this rather quick, so the panels lack alot of detail i could have put if i spent more time.

Teaser! ( not that it might tease you but yeah) a scene from my graphic novel, the main protagonists looking badass. The scanner got rid of a bunch of the lighter shades and shadows though -__-

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-06-19 20:14:52

started the coloring on Toph.. boy do i have some catching up to do -__-'

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-06-21 12:07:45

At 6/19/12 08:14 PM, Ramatsu wrote: started the coloring on Toph.. boy do i have some catching up to do -__-'

Finished toph, the lettering looks utterly retarded but im not going to spend alot of time and stress over anything with this laptop. Look what happened to hill billy in the city T-T. all that work! honestly i dont even want to put this in the portal!

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-06-21 15:50:33

definitely had to redraw saiko, she'll be the next one i color! she is bad ass lol. Is it just me or is newgrounds server acting weird? Because i was going to post this way earlier, but the page wouldnt load O_o

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-06-21 16:15:22

At 6/21/12 03:50 PM, Ramatsu wrote: definitely had to redraw saiko, she'll be the next one i color! she is bad ass lol. Is it just me or is newgrounds server acting weird? Because i was going to post this way earlier, but the page wouldnt load O_o

What's up with the lumps on her boob???

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-06-21 16:33:24

At 6/21/12 04:15 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 6/21/12 03:50 PM, Ramatsu wrote: definitely had to redraw saiko, she'll be the next one i color! she is bad ass lol. Is it just me or is newgrounds server acting weird? Because i was going to post this way earlier, but the page wouldnt load O_o
What's up with the lumps on her boob???

The thing she's wearing on her chest is too small >:)

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-06-21 16:40:07

At 6/21/12 04:33 PM, Ramatsu wrote:
At 6/21/12 04:15 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: What's up with the lumps on her boob???

I'm not talking about her nipple, I mean those lumps on the side D:

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-06-21 17:01:31

At 6/21/12 04:40 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 6/21/12 04:33 PM, Ramatsu wrote:
At 6/21/12 04:15 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: What's up with the lumps on her boob???
I'm not talking about her nipple, I mean those lumps on the side D:

Exactly! that part is open except there are 3 strings holding it the front to the back. hard to see at this angle check out my older piece of here on my profile. Maybe that will clear the sky =).

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-06-21 20:48:38

At 6/21/12 05:01 PM, Ramatsu wrote: Exactly! that part is open except there are 3 strings holding it the front to the back. hard to see at this angle check out my older piece of here on my profile. Maybe that will clear the sky =).

Ah, yes, Destruction and D cups, the one I so aptly named.

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-06-21 21:02:57

At 6/21/12 08:48 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 6/21/12 05:01 PM, Ramatsu wrote: Exactly! that part is open except there are 3 strings holding it the front to the back. hard to see at this angle check out my older piece of here on my profile. Maybe that will clear the sky =).
Ah, yes, Destruction and D cups, the one I so aptly named.

Ahh yes, good times lol. honestly, i am bad with titles i still havent come up with a name for my graphic novel, I have a few pages an still no name O_o. Oh here is also is Shikatsu, originally this piece should go in my comic thread but this time hes not a full body concept. Could be a good tattoo i think.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-06-21 23:52:15

Got some color on this bad B***ch! not that you care but to my likeliness to keep me going! probably wont have alot of time to work on it tomorrow though. And yes she is actually tan not darkskin.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-06-25 00:24:47

Let me start of with, this is not my character someones character i drew in my style from off of instagram. I drew it rather quick approx. time 35min the proportions are way off,but the boobs are meant to be that big, everything else mainly the head unintentionally big. oh i meant to tell you guys i've been actually working on speed over everything else. and i think i improved abit because of it.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-06-25 02:10:09

You sure have a way with women, i'm keeping an eye on you!

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-06-25 10:16:31

At 6/25/12 02:10 AM, Generations1st wrote: You sure have a way with boobs

I fixed your comment for you

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-06-26 10:21:54

At 6/25/12 10:16 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:

Lol! so true, i'll get out of the phase someday(possibly), but ever since i've been getting better at drawing women thats basically all i've been doing. But look what i find when i get home! some one loves me! i gotta try these bad boys out!

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-06-26 11:16:37

At 6/26/12 10:21 AM, Ramatsu wrote:
Lol! so true, i'll get out of the phase someday(possibly), but ever since i've been getting better at drawing women thats basically all i've been doing. But look what i find when i get home! some one loves me! i gotta try these bad boys out!

Took me about 35 min to sketch and ink, so i wasnt really trying to get it anatomically correct. its just to test the markers.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-06-26 12:15:59

At 6/26/12 11:16 AM, Ramatsu wrote:
At 6/26/12 10:21 AM, Ramatsu wrote:
Took me about 35 min to sketch and ink, so i wasnt really trying to get it anatomically correct. its just to test the markers.

even on cheap copy paper these arent bad, i was testing the colors out didnt test them all out yet was just checking which best fit my character so far.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-06-26 15:29:26

so i decided to work on perspective and i decided to draw Korra from The Avatar: Legend of korra. it took me an hour and 10 min to do this one. The foot looks alittle wonky but w/e i'm working on speed over everything. but the coloring is going to have to wait until i get back later.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-06-26 15:32:42

At 6/26/12 03:29 PM, Ramatsu wrote: so i decided to work on perspective and i decided to draw Korra from The Avatar: Legend of korra. it took me an hour and 10 min to do this one. The foot looks alittle wonky but w/e i'm working on speed over everything. but the coloring is going to have to wait until i get back later.

Her right leg looks like it's made of rubber. I realize you work on paper and it's probably too late to do anything about it, but yeah...

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-06-26 15:42:57

At 6/26/12 03:32 PM, PatBest22 wrote:
At 6/26/12 03:29 PM, Ramatsu wrote: so i decided to work on perspective and i decided to draw Korra from The Avatar: Legend of korra. it took me an hour and 10 min to do this one. The foot looks alittle wonky but w/e i'm working on speed over everything. but the coloring is going to have to wait until i get back later.
Her right leg looks like it's made of rubber. I realize you work on paper and it's probably too late to do anything about it, but yeah...

If you read everything man, i stated that it looked wonky as in stupid or incorrect i dont know. But yeah please read next time.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-06-26 15:47:30

At 6/26/12 03:42 PM, Ramatsu wrote:

If you read everything man, i stated that it looked wonky as in stupid or incorrect i dont know. But yeah please read next time.

I did read, you said the foot looked wonky, whereas I mentioned it was the entire leg and not just the foot.

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-06-26 16:01:07

At 6/26/12 03:47 PM, PatBest22 wrote:
At 6/26/12 03:42 PM, Ramatsu wrote:

I did read, you said the foot looked wonky, whereas I mentioned it was the entire leg and not just the foot.

Well that is what i meant, its a speed sketch. i stated i was working on speed over everything else, thanks for the input though.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-06-26 16:05:52

I apologize if I sounded anything but helpful.
Now I've noticed something else. I know Korra is supposed to be muscular but the depression between her shoulder and bicep on the left arm is slightly too exaggerated, it makes the arm look strange.

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-06-27 01:05:25

At 6/26/12 04:05 PM, PatBest22 wrote: I apologize if I sounded anything but helpful.
Now I've noticed something else. I know Korra is supposed to be muscular but the depression between her shoulder and bicep on the left arm is slightly too exaggerated, it makes the arm look strange.

i know you are trying to help and all, but there is nothing i can change an it was a quick drawing to work on my Speed. i was only trying to get her to look alike, not trying to get her full structure to look EXACTLY the same. And Dont go saying her colors are off! i had to work with what i have! coloring took me me a very slow hour... didnt expect it to take so long.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-06-27 01:09:33

At 6/27/12 01:05 AM, Ramatsu wrote:
At 6/26/12 04:05 PM, PatBest22 wrote: I apologize if I sounded anything but helpful.
i know you are trying to help and all, but there is nothing i can change an it was a quick drawing to work on my Speed. i was only trying to get her to look alike, not trying to get her full structure to look EXACTLY the same. And Dont go saying her colors are off! i had to work with what i have! coloring took me me a very slow hour... didnt expect it to take so long.

the colors are really nice, markers? the only thing is that leg looks a bit strange, there's not much depth from the leg to thigh but thats a super hard angle and motion to do. Either way it still reads nicely. Good job!