Generations1st
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Filmmaker
Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-07-16 14:30:11 Reply

At 7/16/12 02:20 PM, Ramatsu wrote:
Did some minor changes to this adorable creeper. I named her Beatrixx, but you can call her "trixx". see what i did there? but yeah no idea what colors she should be, for now that can wait.

This babes killing me..... d=)

BBS Signature
Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-07-16 14:31:46 Reply

At 7/15/12 10:41 AM, Ramatsu wrote: This is a 25 min sketch. ill finish it later sometime because i like how shes coming out. you guys may not like it but you'll probably see more of her later on as well.
Did some minor changes to this adorable creeper. I named her Beatrixx, but you can call her "trixx". see what i did there? but yeah no idea what colors she should be, for now that can wait.

i started working on this piece here, i really need to stop doing that. how am i ever supposed to finish something if i keep starting something else, for someone who has a slight organizing issue i seem to be very unorganized. But for the picture itself, my ninja girl here i kept screwing up on here mouth her right arm and right leg. so this is what i have(an hour in) -__-. the leg is bugging me the most though, and i apologize if you can barely see it.

Ram's Official Art Thread!

Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.
My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-07-17 13:45:56 Reply

At 7/16/12 02:30 PM, Generations1st wrote:
This babes killing me..... d=)

Literally!!
Lol, here is the main protagonist from her story. Beatrix and this gal here are pretty much rivals of the sort. this series is more comical like less boobs but more ecchi type thing i dont know. This piece here isnt finished its a hour and some change in. she supposed to be walking sluggishly almost depicting a superpowered zombie. i need to work on some background sceneries.. and my structures are just boxes.. i suck at buildings.

Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.
My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
Kashi
Kashi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-07-17 16:11:32 Reply

You should really mess with the brightness and contrast when you upload things to the thread. I think it's what's really killing your art.

Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-07-17 20:30:53 Reply

At 7/17/12 04:11 PM, Kashi wrote: You should really mess with the brightness and contrast when you upload things to the thread. I think it's what's really killing your art.

eww, no thanx lol! that's exactly why i leave it the way it is. makes the piece look i dont even know. Maybe i'll stop uploading until i find a decent way of getting my art to show, because when i scan it as well it kills the shading. Maybe i need a camera better than my phones. Thats it! thats what i need.

My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
MisterAce
MisterAce
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-07-17 20:33:59 Reply

At 7/17/12 04:11 PM, Kashi wrote: You should really mess with the brightness and contrast when you upload things to the thread. I think it's what's really killing your art.

That looks pretty good, that helps the lines.

Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-07-18 00:24:24 Reply

At 7/17/12 08:33 PM, MisterAce wrote:

My fone took a whole 2 hours just to send this picture! why? i dont know, probably the service around where i live(and i also do believe it has to do with the heat as well).The lines were still light for a reason, it was still in sketch form. just in case i noticed something wrong with it, but i made it a little darker myself. some slight added details nothing big might have to color it sometime in PS.

My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-07-18 11:05:01 Reply

At 7/18/12 12:24 AM, Ramatsu wrote:
At 7/17/12 08:33 PM, MisterAce wrote:
My fone took a whole 2 hours just to send this picture! why? i dont know, probably the service around where i live(and i also do believe it has to do with the heat as well).The lines were still light for a reason, it was still in sketch form. just in case i noticed something wrong with it, but i made it a little darker myself. some slight added details nothing big might have to color it sometime in PS.

this guy here actually took me like 30 min to draw, i couldnt get his cuteness to look uhh well cute. this is the best i got. he is General Kawaii part of this gals series as well. honestly i dont know what to do next.

My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
Generations1st
Generations1st
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Filmmaker
Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-07-18 17:34:16 Reply

My fone took a whole 2 hours just to send this picture!

Lol what were you using Windows phone 8? XD

By the way, it's a mission getting the contrast right on raw scanned paper, it will drive you crazy, either way i think the presentation came out pretty well..

BBS Signature
Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-07-21 10:50:08 Reply

At 7/18/12 05:34 PM, Generations1st wrote:
My fone took a whole 2 hours just to send this picture!
Lol what were you using Windows phone 8? XD

By the way, it's a mission getting the contrast right on raw scanned paper, it will drive you crazy, either way i think the presentation came out pretty well..

Lol! the service around my house is like off and on type thing, But here is a character of someone else. He requested I to redraw his OC i had to improvise alot because the image was partial. was a quick 30 min drawing, stuff might look abit off.

My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-07-21 10:59:01 Reply

I'm pretty much scraping this piece because her right arm and right leg bug the hell out of me. The background is an actually concept of one of the places in my series, its a mountain range filled with cherry blossoms and sakura leaves. so the area is pretty rosey and pink.

My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-07-21 11:10:12 Reply

At 7/15/12 03:35 PM, mega-supreme wrote: love the angel and demon picture.

Hey thanx, though they are both actually demons so to say. Was trying to work with the Shadows on this piece, there is not really much more i can add to it. It is pretty much done on to something new maybe back to coloring but im going to have to order my prismacolor pencils and wait until those come in.

My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
PMMurphy
PMMurphy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Programmer
Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-07-21 11:48:05 Reply

if you dont want to use a scanner you should take your photos outside on a sun cast day. Sunlight is better then indoor light it makes your image more clear and brings out your whites and darks better.

The only issue you will have is finding a good place to take the photo since the bright light will glare your camera. (atleast it did for me).

Then if its still not accurate enough do what kashi suggests and mess with the contrast and brightness to get things perfect. Thats what that program is their for.

Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-07-21 12:07:31 Reply

At 7/21/12 11:48 AM, PMMurphy wrote: if you dont want to use a scanner you should take your photos outside on a sun cast day. Sunlight is better then indoor light it makes your image more clear and brings out your whites and darks better.

The only issue you will have is finding a good place to take the photo since the bright light will glare your camera. (atleast it did for me).

Then if its still not accurate enough do what kashi suggests and mess with the contrast and brightness to get things perfect. Thats what that program is their for.

your idea sounds pretty neat, i dislike the brightness and contrast so much that the next person that suggests that will have Saiko( OC of mine) sent to their neighborhood lol! i just think it kills the feel of my art, No matter how good or bad the feedback on it is. I'll scan things when im going to work on it in photoshop or something.

My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-07-23 14:30:21 Reply

This is the piece im working on now, here is the Reference i am using for the details on the buildings and such(this makes my piece look like utter shit). i am going to completely ink this and color it traditionally, hoping i dont screw it up. These are my originals just in a sort of different look and style for them. sketch still isn't finished an this is about 4-hours in. alot im going to have to fix mainly dealing with the main figure since she is probably going to be the 1st thing everyone looks at.

Hopefully the picture is able to be seen.

My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
MisterAce
MisterAce
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-07-23 15:09:49 Reply

Her left leg looks longer the other, and the right hand fingers are a bit too slanted. I think that the whole hand should be turned to the right, so that it matches the fingers facing that way. This looks good overall.

Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-07-23 21:40:49 Reply

At 7/23/12 03:09 PM, MisterAce wrote: Her left leg looks longer the other, and the right hand fingers are a bit too slanted. I think that the whole hand should be turned to the right, so that it matches the fingers facing that way. This looks good overall.

yeah, her left leg is longer thanx for noticing man! but the hand i think the hand is fine thats actually how i wanted it to look. maybe her chest is too far out, or her stomach is too far back, and that guys hoodie looks whacky. Thanx! i appreciate the feedback!

My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
CypressDahlia
CypressDahlia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-07-24 01:02:53 Reply

I think there is a little bit of stiffness in the front girl's pose, mostly in the shoulder placement. If you lean back on your hands like that your shoulders naturally roll forward. So if you pushed her shoulders forward a bit I think it would look more natural.

Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-07-25 19:47:48 Reply

At 7/24/12 01:02 AM, CypressDahlia wrote: I think there is a little bit of stiffness in the front girl's pose, mostly in the shoulder placement. If you lean back on your hands like that your shoulders naturally roll forward. So if you pushed her shoulders forward a bit I think it would look more natural.

hmm i guess it does look alittle stiff. by the way! look what i got in the mail today! i ordered them myself! after i get this most recent sketch finished and inked(i've been procrastinating) :(, i'll color it! wish me luck that i don't screw this up!

My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-07-26 00:48:12 Reply

At 7/25/12 07:47 PM, Ramatsu wrote:
At 7/24/12 01:02 AM, CypressDahlia wrote: I think there is a little bit of stiffness in the front girl's pose, mostly in the shoulder placement. If you lean back on your hands like that your shoulders naturally roll forward. So if you pushed her shoulders forward a bit I think it would look more natural.
hmm i guess it does look alittle stiff. by the way! look what i got in the mail today! i ordered them myself! after i get this most recent sketch finished and inked(i've been procrastinating) :(, i'll color it! wish me luck that i don't screw this up!

So pretty much this is the finished sketch, just posting it if there needs to be any last minute changes before no return( i start inking) or erasing. i have a feeling I'm going to screw this up, just need to work it in slow, no rush.

sorry if its too light to see, next thing i'll invest in is a better camera than that of my phone.

My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
MrFap
MrFap
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-07-26 02:37:20 Reply

So pretty much this is the finished sketch, just posting it if there needs to be any last minute changes before no return( i start inking) or erasing. i have a feeling I'm going to screw this up, just need to work it in slow, no rush.

Woooaw! That's some really nice line-art. I've looked trough your other art and I've got to say, you definitely know how to shade well but somehow as soon as color gets involved, some drawings start to look a bit off.
I'm not really an expert on coloring so I'll just wish you the best luck in coloring this one.
It'll be a good exercise I guess.

PMMurphy
PMMurphy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Programmer
Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-07-26 02:40:57 Reply

on your current project you need to be careful here. Art is like music, you need rests and breaks so people can soak in what is being presented to them.

I look at this current composition and even though its highly detailed my eyes scatter all over the place constantly. So its important to have places where the eyes can relax.

But thats only if you didn't already know. Just be smart when adding details and try not to add too many all over the place.

Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-07-26 02:59:31 Reply

At 7/26/12 02:37 AM, MrFap wrote:
Woooaw! That's some really nice line-art. I've looked trough your other art and I've got to say, you definitely know how to shade well but somehow as soon as color gets involved, some drawings start to look a bit off.
I'm not really an expert on coloring so I'll just wish you the best luck in coloring this one.
It'll be a good exercise I guess.

When it comes to colors i have trouble all the time, its one of my weaknesses because i don't work with it enough. and as for the details in the piece, it has you all over the place because everything is pretty much the same line weight and no colors or shades to differ. hopefully when im done with the piece it'll be a little easier on the eyes. but i won't start to ink it until it seems like everything is good to go.

I am a bit nervous with it, it'll be my 1st finished pieced colored traditionally. I'll probably spam my thread again once the inking is done. So everyone sees the line art before it became a WTF.

My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
PMMurphy
PMMurphy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Programmer
Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-07-26 03:05:04 Reply

Color is alot like greyscale, you apply the same ideals.

But, there is a difference. Colors diffuse and change as they get darker.

The standard rool is, warm color, cool shadow. Or cool color, warm shadow.

Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-07-27 02:12:07 Reply

At 7/26/12 03:05 AM, PMMurphy wrote: Color is alot like greyscale, you apply the same ideals.

Hmm, i see well this is gonna be quite hard trying to find the right colors for the buildings i've pictured a few outcomes in my head im not really liking the result. but anyway here is the inked piece its pretty much done(last piece before it all goes down the gutter into a pit full of failure.

My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-07-30 01:36:41 Reply

At 7/27/12 02:12 AM, Ramatsu wrote:
At 7/26/12 03:05 AM, PMMurphy wrote: Color is alot like greyscale, you apply the same ideals.

Hmm, i see well this is gonna be quite hard trying to find the right colors for the buildings i've pictured a few outcomes in my head im not really liking the result. but anyway here is the inked piece its pretty much done(last piece before it all goes down the gutter into a pit full of failure.

Well, i stopped procrastinating and added color to it, i'd say its pretty much done. Few screw ups but its not as bad as i thought it would come out. my first full colored traditional piece, what do you guys think could have been done better?

My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
MrFap
MrFap
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-07-30 11:40:26 Reply

At 7/30/12 01:36 AM, Ramatsu wrote: Well, i stopped procrastinating and added color to it, i'd say its pretty much done. Few screw ups but its not as bad as i :thought it would come out. my first full colored traditional piece, what do you guys think could have been done better?

It's getting better, I really like coloring of the water :)
But
some of the highlights on the blue-haired girl look a bit random, try to find a common light source and stick to it.
Maybe try to blend the shading a little and use softer colors, the pure white makes it look like they're made out of plastic.

Do you use markers to color? If so, I understand it's hard to blend colors. It'll probably also limit your color pallet drastically
If you're not a big fan of coloring your art digitally, I can suggest water-coloring.

The changes I made for pointing out the benefit of blending and having a broader color pallet are done in Photoshop, but you can do pretty much the same in GIMP (which is free software):
- Highlights made softer using a lighter version of the surrounding color with the brush
- Added some highlights where it seemed appropriate.
- Upped the contrast and changed the hue and saturation levels <-- this was a very easy way of adjusting the color pallet of the entire drawing.
- Added a smart blur filter <-- this is an easy way of hiding marker lines without losing to much sharpness of the neat line-art.

Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-07-30 12:16:57 Reply

At 7/30/12 11:40 AM, MrFap wrote:
At 7/30/12 01:36 AM, Ramatsu wrote: Well, i stopped procrastinating and added color to it, i'd say its pretty much done. Few screw ups but its not as bad as i :thought it would come out. my first full colored traditional piece, what do you guys think could have been done better?
It's getting better, I really like coloring of the water :)
But
some of the highlights on the blue-haired girl look a bit random, try to find a common light source and stick to it.
Maybe try to blend the shading a little and use softer colors, the pure white makes it look like they're made out of plastic.

Do you use markers to color? If so, I understand it's hard to blend colors. It'll probably also limit your color pallet drastically
If you're not a big fan of coloring your art digitally, I can suggest water-coloring.

The changes I made for pointing out the benefit of blending and having a broader color pallet are done in Photoshop, but you can do pretty much the same in GIMP (which is free software):
- Highlights made softer using a lighter version of the surrounding color with the brush
- Added some highlights where it seemed appropriate.
- Upped the contrast and changed the hue and saturation levels <-- this was a very easy way of adjusting the color pallet of the entire drawing.
- Added a smart blur filter <-- this is an easy way of hiding marker lines without losing to much sharpness of the neat line-art.

Lol! youre a funny guy, but yeah i used marker and colored pencil, how do you know i didnt want the plastic feel hmm? but yeah about her hair i blended that in abit more last night, i just thought it looked weird as hell, won't be posting the picture again though unless i decide to edit it in photoshop sometime later. But for now have some chibi's! (not for you to FAP to though)

My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-07-31 22:06:12 Reply

This litterally took a day to get sent from my Phone to my email..-__- why? because my service and yahoo are stupid. but yeah with this one i was working with dynamic poses. she's actually jumping backwards. she like almost floats so thats why her pose looks so subtle. just doing this because running out of ideas of what to do.

My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-08-02 13:46:39 Reply

Just some sketches of beatrixx, ehh think im falling into art Block again... *sigh*

My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature