00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mirenamak just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ram's Official Art Thread!

90,541 Views | 510 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-11-11 23:14:17

no one loves me! -cries- :(.. lol this'll probably be the last one ill leave you with looks like ive been working on speed today. but this shows i've been slacking on my guys lately, though on the 1st 2 pieces i spent more than an hour on but still, ehh Nvm no one cares.

Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-11-12 08:41:32

At 11/11/12 07:30 PM, Ramatsu wrote: worked on these sketches today since i had today off. when ever i have off again ill eventually ink and color them tradtionally, i like drawing women and i love dragons so mixing them together are definitely a good thing for me. hopefully im not gone too long again i really want to have some time to draw no interuptions. 40+ hours this week :l -sigh-.

What's this? A girl with average sized boobs? I'm surprised at you!
Your female anatomy is really coming along. These last few pictures look great, but I do agree. The male department might need some going over. Haha, but I understand. I'm definitely in the same boat as far as gender anatomy goes. Keep up the good work, man, and don't disappear again!

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-11-12 20:27:19

At 11/12/12 08:41 AM, monsterparty wrote:
At 11/11/12 07:30 PM, Ramatsu wrote: worked on these sketches today since i had today off. when ever i have off again ill eventually ink and color them tradtionally, i like drawing women and i love dragons so mixing them together are definitely a good thing for me. hopefully im not gone too long again i really want to have some time to draw no interuptions. 40+ hours this week :l -sigh-.
What's this? A girl with average sized boobs? I'm surprised at you!
Your female anatomy is really coming along. These last few pictures look great, but I do agree. The male department might need some going over. Haha, but I understand. I'm definitely in the same boat as far as gender anatomy goes. Keep up the good work, man, and don't disappear again!

I know right! but dont get used to it >.>. yeah, this job is to help me get into art school. but its killing all my time to draw,what an awkward predicament im in. i'll do my best to stay around but i cant make any promises. so i started to ink this one here, im coloring in marker so im afraid ima screw up :( wish me luck guys!

Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-11-12 21:19:11

At 11/12/12 08:27 PM, Ramatsu wrote: so i started to ink this one here, im coloring in marker so im afraid ima screw up :( wish me luck guys!

Good Luck! I'm sure you'll get the color scheme right this time!

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-11-13 02:16:09

At 11/12/12 08:27 PM, Ramatsu wrote: I know right! but dont get used to it >.>. yeah, this job is to help me get into art school. but its killing all my time to draw,what an awkward predicament im in. i'll do my best to stay around but i cant make any promises. so i started to ink this one here, im coloring in marker so im afraid ima screw up :( wish me luck guys!

Make copies. :)
A lot of people who work traditionally like that make high quality copies of their images just in case. And I understand your predicament completely. I worked straight out of high school for over two years before I had enough money to apply and art for a portfolio. Hang in there! You do great work. C:

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-11-13 11:10:15

At 11/13/12 02:16 AM, monsterparty wrote:
At 11/12/12 08:27 PM, Ramatsu wrote: I know right! but dont get used to it >.>. yeah, this job is to help me get into art school. but its killing all my time to draw,what an awkward predicament im in. i'll do my best to stay around but i cant make any promises. so i started to ink this one here, im coloring in marker so im afraid ima screw up :( wish me luck guys!
A lot of people who work traditionally like that make high quality copies of their images just in case. And I understand your predicament completely. I worked straight out of high school for over two years before I had enough money to apply and art for a portfolio. Hang in there! You do great work. C:

yeah i thought about that..:( but sadly this paper is alot larger than a normal house hold scanner so i wouldn't know what to do with it. i started coloring it, trying to make it look like its night is pretty damn hard. it's already not coming out how i wanted it in my head, i wanted the shadowing to look blue-ish but i failed. the water is gonna be another story -facepalm-. also thanx zane! luck hasnt kicked in yet if it plans to do so.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-11-13 12:16:02

At 11/13/12 11:10 AM, Ramatsu wrote:
yeah i thought about that..:( but sadly this paper is alot larger than a normal house hold scanner so i wouldn't know what to do with it. i started coloring it, trying to make it look like its night is pretty damn hard. it's already not coming out how i wanted it in my head, i wanted the shadowing to look blue-ish but i failed. the water is gonna be another story -facepalm-. also thanx zane! luck hasnt kicked in yet if it plans to do so.

Hope Luck Kick in Soon! Til then here my little color advice (though I've only color digitally >3>)

Since you're coloring this in the mood of the night, you have to think of the cool colors.

Even grey can be a cool color if used right. As for the water, use the same color you used for the night sky and form the ripples where the moon light is hitting (google sea or lake at night for reference).

Plants can be dark blue-ish green.

For your skin predicament, maybe working on the background first would help make it feel cool and night-like.

Highlights being the bright blue color.

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-11-13 22:05:56

At 11/13/12 12:16 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote:
At 11/13/12 11:10 AM, Ramatsu wrote:
Hope Luck Kick in Soon! Til then here my little color advice (though I've only color digitally >3>)

Since you're coloring this in the mood of the night, you have to think of the cool colors.

Even grey can be a cool color if used right. As for the water, use the same color you used for the night sky and form the ripples where the moon light is hitting (google sea or lake at night for reference).

Plants can be dark blue-ish green.

For your skin predicament, maybe working on the background first would help make it feel cool and night-like.

Highlights being the bright blue color.

yeah i already had that idea for the background, wish i had some blue-greys or some green-grey markers it would have helped loads. as of now im working. to see what colors blend the best i have so many blue-related markers its ridiculous. using a tablet makes it 10x easier but having a hard-copy of your work is so much more satisfying. P.S. i refuse to use references! P.S.S. thanx for the feeback bud i hope i do make it look somewhat decent.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-11-17 12:39:09

i got the base shades of the rocks up now i have to work on finding blends that fit with the plants, honestly i might have to throw in some digital backing afterward idk.. work has not been good to me but i think i do have a few days off this coming week :).

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-12-13 14:25:29

At 11/17/12 12:39 PM, Ramatsu wrote: i got the base shades of the rocks up now i have to work on finding blends that fit with the plants, honestly i might have to throw in some digital backing afterward idk.. work has not been good to me but i think i do have a few days off this coming week :).

I have been gone for quite some time, went on vacation to florida. an enjoyable experience, never got around to posting this. didnt have alot of darker colors that fit for what i was trying to get, i tried making it look as nighttime as possible. hope you guys like it, also i would like a critique on the piece if thats alright.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-12-13 20:19:46

At 12/13/12 02:25 PM, Ramatsu wrote: i tried making it look as nighttime as possible. hope you guys like it, also i would like a critique on the piece if thats alright.

I really like how this colouring is turning out, digging all the cool hues

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2013-01-19 02:28:49

At 12/13/12 08:19 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 12/13/12 02:25 PM, Ramatsu wrote: i tried making it look as nighttime as possible. hope you guys like it, also i would like a critique on the piece if thats alright.
I really like how this colouring is turning out, digging all the cool hues

thanx man, it's complete though. this is a quick random fan art sketch of my favorite character from dragonballz gohan. i've be very busy with life D: i want to draw! but i just dont have time for much anymore i want to cry lol.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2013-03-21 02:07:49

At 1/19/13 02:28 AM, Ramatsu wrote:

just some random sketch i thought id post, i have a few but i cant dump em all right now. totally improvised, just my OC(s) kiyoko/zenaku. i miss you guys D:

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2013-03-21 02:33:00

At 3/21/13 02:07 AM, Ramatsu wrote:
just some random sketch i thought id post, i have a few but i cant dump em all right now. totally improvised, just my OC(s) kiyoko/zenaku. i miss you guys D:

Good to see you around. This looks nice so far. What stops you from uploading the rest? Internet troublez?

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2013-03-22 12:37:33

At 3/21/13 02:33 AM, Luwano wrote:
At 3/21/13 02:07 AM, Ramatsu wrote:
Good to see you around. This looks nice so far. What stops you from uploading the rest? Internet troublez?

my phone sometimes takes forever to send to the email, and things along those lines. this is another random sketch i had did at work dont know what i was doing was just throwing some of my OCs in one piece. it is unfinished, it might stay that way.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2013-03-22 12:43:54

some other sketch i starte the other day, i do plan to finish it. A dragon OC of mine.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2013-03-22 12:52:28

this one i just started, I'm trying to get like a disturbing feel from this one. This is actually an Old OC remake, trying to work on designing her armor, and debating on wether i should give her an extra set of arms or not. Originally she had and extra set but it was Aura like but im thinking more along the lines of them having a more physical form.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2013-04-09 18:30:13

i'll just post this here, I dont have much time for anything except sketches nowadays. i do look forward on to doing bigger projects eventually. sorry that its nothing entirely new just another redraw of my ninja girl OC :/.

i also had to scale down the image D: the quality is probably horrible now

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2013-04-11 23:02:39

At 4/9/13 06:30 PM, Ramatsu wrote: i'll just post this here, I dont have much time for anything except sketches nowadays. i do look forward on to doing bigger projects eventually. sorry that its nothing entirely new just another redraw of my ninja girl OC :/.

i also had to scale down the image D: the quality is probably horrible now

So i started coloring this In PS since i had some time to myself today, still a WIP, i done changed the background like 7 times, not sure what to do with it yet.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2013-05-02 00:53:52

At 4/11/13 11:02 PM, Ramatsu wrote:
At 4/9/13 06:30 PM, Ramatsu wrote: i'll just post this here, I dont have much time for anything except sketches nowadays. i do look forward on to doing bigger projects eventually. sorry that its nothing entirely new just another redraw of my ninja girl OC :/.

So my old PC Kicked the bucket, and everything went down with it D:, but now i bought a new one and i dont have to worry about PS crashing on me and such. I started working on this piece here. My OC(s) im mostly still experimenting with each digital piece i do learning new things every time i do so. I have an idea where i want to go with it but not sure if i can pull it off.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2013-05-06 01:07:53

Sketch of an Old OC that i thought i'd redraw Did her in a more cartoony style, I'll color this traditionally. wish me luck!

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2013-05-06 02:04:24

At 5/6/13 01:07 AM, Ramatsu wrote: Sketch of an Old OC that i thought i'd redraw Did her in a more cartoony style, I'll color this traditionally. wish me luck!

Just some Progress, i like how its coming out so far Hopefully i dont screw it up. i'll try and finish tomorrow though gonna catch some zzzz.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2013-05-06 12:20:56

so i finished it, heres the link to the Art Portal!
you can view it here though there isn't any Hi-Res version to it .

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2013-05-22 00:03:47

Just something i am working on for someone, this is not my OC. i can't seem to get the feet right lol i erased and redrew the legs several times.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2013-05-22 00:08:26

another im working on for someone, i am actually using water color on this one. sadly i forgot to buy brushes so all i have is one tiny one lol.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2013-05-23 02:59:27

Well this piece is finished. didt spend alot of time on it, but yeah w/e.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2013-05-23 13:07:14

At 11/12/12 08:27 PM, Ramatsu wrote:

I started to ink this one here, im coloring in marker so im afraid ima screw up :( wish me luck guys!
Wish you know about Dragon Half. I'd really love to see your rendition of Mink.

Damn I also should be doing that, too
At 5/23/13 02:59 AM, Ramatsu wrote: Well this piece is finished. didt spend alot of time on it, but yeah w/e.

I saw this one in the Art Portal today... What really bugs me is that the photo doesn't make it justice. I really hope you can manage to find out a better way to share your artwork, it's a real pity...

But anyways, man, you've come a really long, long way, pilgrim. You've improved cartloads and your style is getting very attractive. Please keep on it, pal, you're really doing it great!

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2013-05-24 01:32:59

At 5/23/13 01:07 PM, BizarroJoe wrote: Wish you know about Dragon Half. I'd really love to see your rendition of Mink.

I might have to give it a shot Man, Shes a really cute character. I don't do alot of fan art but maybe i should hop on it.

I saw this one in the Art Portal today... What really bugs me is that the photo doesn't make it justice. I really hope you can manage to find out a better way to share your artwork, it's a real pity...

Yeah i need to invest in getting a better camera, majority of my drawings now are much to big for the common home scanner :(.

But anyways, man, you've come a really long, long way, pilgrim. You've improved cartloads and your style is getting very attractive. Please keep on it, pal, you're really doing it great!

I really appreciate that man, i am a Fan of your work :). i plan to keep improving thanx for the kind words, it motivates me to keep going.

This is just some sketch of my characters i started, i wanted a semi realistic feel to it. there are certain things on the piece itself i dont like and will be making some changes to it.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2013-05-24 02:47:33

At 3/22/13 12:52 PM, Ramatsu wrote: this one i just started, I'm trying to get like a disturbing feel from this one. This is actually an Old OC remake, trying to work on designing her armor, and debating on wether i should give her an extra set of arms or not. Originally she had and extra set but it was Aura like but im thinking more along the lines of them having a more physical form.

You should really finish this. For some reason, I favor the pictures of women holding some kind of severed head, always just seems awesome to me. I'd love to see this finalized.

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2013-05-25 00:45:36

At 5/24/13 02:47 AM, LeeIsMyName wrote:
At 3/22/13 12:52 PM, Ramatsu wrote: this one i just started, I'm trying to get like a disturbing feel from this one. This is actually an Old OC remake, trying to work on designing her armor, and debating on wether i should give her an extra set of arms or not. Originally she had and extra set but it was Aura like but im thinking more along the lines of them having a more physical form.
You should really finish this. For some reason, I favor the pictures of women holding some kind of severed head, always just seems awesome to me. I'd love to see this finalized.

I do intend to finish it sometime, hopefully i get the urge to complete it soon. This is some random piece that i'll probably never finish.. I really need to invest in some drawing pencils rather than having a mechanical pencil all the time. I suck at realism and its just too tedious D:, have to keep practicing though.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature