00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Thuy78 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ram's Official Art Thread!

90,459 Views | 510 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-06-27 01:35:44

At 6/27/12 01:09 AM, jagondudo wrote:
the colors are really nice, markers? the only thing is that leg looks a bit strange, there's not much depth from the leg to thigh but thats a super hard angle and motion to do. Either way it still reads nicely. Good job!

Yes, markers! i am honored to get a comment from an awesome artist as yourself. yeah the leg looks utterly retarded, i know lol. maybe ill redo this slower next time with one of my characters, im pretty sure i can get it looking good if i took my time on it. I inked on a 30min sketch knowing there would be major flaws.

Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-06-27 02:06:52

At 6/25/12 10:16 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 6/25/12 02:10 AM, Generations1st wrote: You sure have a way with boobs
I fixed your comment for you

You see the X-Ray of awesomeness with my wording :P

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-06-27 19:48:14

At 6/27/12 02:06 AM, Generations1st wrote:
At 6/25/12 10:16 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 6/25/12 02:10 AM, Generations1st wrote: You sure have a way with boobs
I fixed your comment for you
You see the X-Ray of awesomeness with my wording :P

Lol! this is some random messy ass sketch -__-. this is i scraped like 4 others and im still not happy with this one, think art block is coming back. i mean his head looks pretty damn huge.

Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-06-27 20:05:31

At 6/27/12 07:48 PM, Ramatsu wrote:
Lol! this is some random messy ass sketch -__-. this is i scraped like 4 others and im still not happy with this one, think art block is coming back. i mean his head looks pretty damn huge.

I know the feeling, I'm always scrapping stuff from time to time. But i think the only thing wrong with it, possibly how you positioned the guys torso, and that jacket might give you problems it just seems too short, however it's debatable that the jacket should be like that for the style of it, everything els seems fine including the best part, the face..

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-06-27 21:29:31

At 6/27/12 08:05 PM, Generations1st wrote:
At 6/27/12 07:48 PM, Ramatsu wrote:
I know the feeling, I'm always scrapping stuff from time to time. But i think the only thing wrong with it, possibly how you positioned the guys torso, and that jacket might give you problems it just seems too short, however it's debatable that the jacket should be like that for the style of it, everything els seems fine including the best part, the face..

Yeah the torso probably needs some working. but the jacket was meant to be short like that. the face and the head just seems to big i dont know what it is. But i'll worry about that tomorrow. did a quick 20min sketch of the main protagonist in a wierd perspective. ill work more on that tomorrow. i don't mean to kill my thread with messy sketches but now that i send most of my stuff straight from my phone to email, i ont have to wait for my neighbor to get home so i can scan o_O

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-06-29 19:34:25

went and colored up this large headed guy >_> note these are mainly for coloring practice

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-06-29 19:38:24

At 6/29/12 07:34 PM, Ramatsu wrote: went and colored up this large headed guy >_> note these are mainly for coloring practice

forgot the image...

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-06-29 19:46:52

At 6/29/12 07:38 PM, Ramatsu wrote:
At 6/29/12 07:34 PM, Ramatsu wrote: went and colored up this large headed guy >_> note these are mainly for coloring practice
forgot the image...

and this is it for today, im getting the hang of the copics. maybe itll be better if i buy the paper meant for it though

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-07-01 20:45:19

This is nothing much, just something someone requested me to draw. i was tired yesterday after a long day and i spent no more than 40 min on the whole thing. not happy in the least with this one.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-07-01 20:49:32

In your coloring of the big heade dguy i noticed something.

When doing the lighting and shading dont shade each muscle indvidually, do the whole torso or arm etc etc. Then cast shadows under each muscle (if needed).

It's important to draw from life to understand how lighting really hits a person.

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-07-01 21:06:57

At 7/1/12 08:49 PM, PMMurphy wrote: In your coloring of the big heade dguy i noticed something.

When doing the lighting and shading dont shade each muscle indvidually, do the whole torso or arm etc etc. Then cast shadows under each muscle (if needed).

It's important to draw from life to understand how lighting really hits a person.

Yeah i know. these are mainly about the working with color, i didnt really have a light source for these so the shadows for these might be kinda retarded looking. thanx, for the criticism. this is a practice trying to keep the face the same as much as possible with different face expressions, its something i need to work on as well.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-07-01 21:21:39

I Drew Katniss from "The Hunger Games" in my current style, with just an inked out line. did it for someone who requested it.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-07-02 08:22:52

This is exciting stuff, by the way that guy i was telling you about earlier, the chest muscles are too small,
this makes his entire body awkward looking, but these girls you're drawing, have my most undivided attention!

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-07-02 14:46:59

yeah man, i need to start working on my guys again i am slacking! Did this for someone who requested it, tons of shading and a simple ink outline for some reason i really like doing just the ink outline. im also procrastonating on that Saiko piece i really should get working on my skills in photoshop. havent had my tablet for a year and havent used it long enough to estimate 3 weeks. Just alot i need to do and i dont know what to go with!

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-07-05 08:46:17

At 7/2/12 02:46 PM, Ramatsu wrote: yeah man, i need to start working on my guys again i am slacking! Did this for someone who requested it, tons of shading and a simple ink outline for some reason i really like doing just the ink outline. im also procrastonating on that Saiko piece i really should get working on my skills in photoshop. havent had my tablet for a year and havent used it long enough to estimate 3 weeks. Just alot i need to do and i dont know what to go with!

******NSFW! i repeat NSFW!!!!!******

I decided to do a pin up type for my sexy beast of a character Shinja. Well, someone requested that i should and i already had the idea in mind before. not sure if i should add a background to this or not, but ehh i dont know... i want to move on to other things.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-07-05 15:15:17

Just experimenting in photoshop with this one, i'll finish it tomorrow got a long day ahead starting real soon.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-07-06 23:27:44

Did a sketch today of my main protagonist in sort of a semi-realistic form. Help will be much appreciated on anything you find might seem wrong with the piece. there is something wrong but i myself cant quite point out what it is, but it has nothing to o with the face. -scratches head-

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-07-07 00:13:47

At 7/6/12 11:27 PM, Ramatsu wrote: Did a sketch today of my main protagonist in sort of a semi-realistic form. Help will be much appreciated on anything you find might seem wrong with the piece. there is something wrong but i myself cant quite point out what it is, but it has nothing to o with the face. -scratches head-

Hey, nice work you got here I'ma watch you

Looks good I think, *maybe* her left shoulder is higher? That's all I can think of, might be just her pose though that makes it appear that way. Oh, is her left thumb alongside the blade? you might be able to see it still from this angle.

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-07-07 00:43:55

At 7/7/12 12:13 AM, MisterAce wrote:
At 7/6/12 11:27 PM, Ramatsu wrote: Did a sketch today of my main protagonist in sort of a semi-realistic form. Help will be much appreciated on anything you find might seem wrong with the piece. there is something wrong but i myself cant quite point out what it is, but it has nothing to o with the face. -scratches head-
Hey, nice work you got here I'ma watch you

Looks good I think, *maybe* her left shoulder is higher? That's all I can think of, might be just her pose though that makes it appear that way. Oh, is her left thumb alongside the blade? you might be able to see it still from this angle.

one shoulder should be higher than the other but honestly im not sure how high i should make it lol. the thumbs are actually pressing against the blade underneath it. But then again how is the audience supposed to guess that? maybe i should change that.
Thanx for the help lol! my thread is usually just overlooked or bypassed, hmm.. maybe im just clueless about something! O.o i'll be sure to WATCH you too -creeper status- lol.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-07-07 00:54:31

i'll be sure to WATCH you too -creeper status- lol.

LOL I meant fave, damned DA lingo lol. Good luck

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-07-07 21:16:29

At 7/5/12 03:15 PM, Ramatsu wrote: Just experimenting in photoshop with this one, i'll finish it tomorrow got a long day ahead starting real soon.

I really love the soft shading in this so far. I don't know where you intend on going, but a part of me really wants you to keep going in this direction. Looking at your recent stuff, you've really improved! Ugh, I so glad you back.

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-07-07 23:58:54

At 7/7/12 09:16 PM, monsterparty wrote:
At 7/5/12 03:15 PM, Ramatsu wrote: Just experimenting in photoshop with this one, i'll finish it tomorrow got a long day ahead starting real soon.
I really love the soft shading in this so far. I don't know where you intend on going, but a part of me really wants you to keep going in this direction. Looking at your recent stuff, you've really improved! Ugh, I so glad you back.

yay! i mean hey! my rival actually comments on my thread! What trickery is this! But yes, i will continue to try to improve, thanx to you that won't be a problem >=}. that actually made me smile though, didnt actually think someone was glad to see me back!

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-07-08 14:10:28

been pretty busy the passed couple of days but i've been working on this every time i could. Besides a few things on this piece i think its coming out nice. you probably can't really see it but i've added cross-hatching inspired by Sensei Fifty-50 lol.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-07-09 12:38:51

At 7/8/12 02:10 PM, Ramatsu wrote:
been pretty busy the passed couple of days but i've been working on this every time i could. Besides a few things on this piece i think its coming out nice. you probably can't really see it but i've added cross-hatching inspired by Sensei Fifty-50 lol.

Well for this previous piece i won't post anymore until i've started coloring it in photoshop.

But now as for this new piece i started sketching out it has abit of suggestive content so...

*****NSFW*****

i'll have to work on it more abit later, but in the mean time if you can point anything out for me that might seem wrong with it. it'll be greatly appreciated.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-07-15 10:41:12

This is a 25 min sketch. ill finish it later sometime because i like how shes coming out. you guys may not like it but you'll probably see more of her later on as well.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-07-15 15:35:15

love the angel and demon picture.

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-07-16 06:00:12

The sexy bunny girls hand poses are unnecessary it looks like she's preforming a half baked ritual..
Her right thigh muscle is too thin, this effects her ass shape.. And a girls nothing without that!

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-07-16 06:07:34

Hi Ramatsu! Glad to see your coloring improved vastly since last time. Great work!

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-07-16 09:35:06

At 7/16/12 06:00 AM, Generations1st wrote: The sexy bunny girls hand poses are unnecessary it looks like she's preforming a half baked ritual..
Her right thigh muscle is too thin, this effects her ass shape.. And a girls nothing without that!

Hey thanx guys, and yeah about the bunny girl i was already changing her anatomy i noticed that her shoulders were too wide and her hips didnt come out enough. about the hands, she is supposed to be waving while hiding her carrot shaped sword behind her back jumping into/out her magicians hat. Lol, might be a little too much going on in the picture. I appreciate the feed back

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2012-07-16 14:20:45

At 7/15/12 10:41 AM, Ramatsu wrote: This is a 25 min sketch. ill finish it later sometime because i like how shes coming out. you guys may not like it but you'll probably see more of her later on as well.

Did some minor changes to this adorable creeper. I named her Beatrixx, but you can call her "trixx". see what i did there? but yeah no idea what colors she should be, for now that can wait.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature