00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Jmurr12 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ram's Official Art Thread!

90,460 Views | 510 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-10-13 12:44:48

At 10/13/11 09:45 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Here you are sir, a tutorial on hair.

ahh thanx Big-jonny, you actually saved me there coming toward my cry for help. This is currently what the Hair looks like before the tutorial, oh and Yay kindegarden looking background!

Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-10-14 02:32:15

WIP 5 (question mark), been pretty busy today and pc, likes crashing photoshop and got really annoyed with it. but i get the laptop back later on today so that is fortunate on my part. Honestly i am still far from completing this piece, anyways heres the 5th grade background except the sky.

Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-10-17 15:36:19

i dont know wether to call it done or what.. but i really dislike it at the moment, i couldnt really focus on it like i wanted to.. i screwed it up bad real bad..been pretty busy as of late... was about to scrap this piece but i put to much time into it, stressful days can really do it to you.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-10-23 02:46:39

sorry for so many pics of the same piece... but it is done now i refuse to work on it any longer im just screwing it up. no motivation equals WTF. anyways heres it is, i worked too damn much on it to just toss it Art Portal ill start something new when i can just sit down and fully focus on a piece. for now just more practices andsuch with different things.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-10-23 02:56:52

At 10/23/11 02:46 AM, Ramatsu wrote: sorry for so many pics of the same piece... but it is done now i refuse to work on it any longer im just screwing it up. no motivation equals WTF. anyways heres it is, i worked too damn much on it to just toss it Art Portal ill start something new when i can just sit down and fully focus on a piece. for now just more practices andsuch with different things.

And i put the wrong piece up, oh well minor differences in the pieces anyway you can see it in the art portal -__- lol.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-10-25 14:29:45

Ehh, random 30min lighting practice i did here nothing much. just bumping the thread, i think im home free all day though :).( thats a good thing)

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-10-27 18:27:21

just thought i'd bump my thread with this piece. Tis' a remake of a character, original character by heavyrain.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-10-28 17:43:50

another bump, Original character by KLT1M.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-10-28 17:59:05

At 10/28/11 05:43 PM, Ramatsu wrote: another bump, Original character by KLT1M.

Awesome depiction Ram! I would advice you to use more solid coloring since it look kinda lost if you know what I mean.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-10-28 18:02:44

I really like the work you've done on her thighs and her naughty pits, how did you know she wore nothing under the skirt?

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-10-28 18:06:07

At 10/28/11 06:02 PM, argile wrote:
I really like the work you've done on her thighs and her naughty pits, how did you know she wore nothing under the skirt?

Oh crap you're right. I didn't even notice that. I'm seriously grinning right now lol.

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-10-28 18:12:32

At 10/28/11 06:06 PM, Fifty-50 wrote:
At 10/28/11 06:02 PM, argile wrote:
Oh crap you're right. I didn't even notice that. I'm seriously grinning right now lol.

it's not that I'm saying it's a bad thing it's okay to have few things wrong.

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-10-28 18:28:16

Someone has a keen eye lol! The no underwear were intended. And I didn't want to spend to much time coloring it I left it as is. Just needed some smoothening out. Also fifty where is that guy from I'm going to draw maybe some time later when I'm around the laptop again. Always thought the character was cool.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-10-28 19:24:59

At 10/28/11 06:28 PM, Ramatsu wrote: Someone has a keen eye lol! The no underwear were intended. And I didn't want to spend to much time coloring it I left it as is. Just needed some smoothening out. Also fifty where is that guy from I'm going to draw maybe some time later when I'm around the laptop again. Always thought the character was cool.

The no underwear thing is a joke she does have sumthin on lol, but I was going to go with the no underwear. I forgot to mention that when I posted

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-10-29 18:47:56

im going to go right ahead and say it's Fifty-50's original character though he states that its not. oh well Kool character either way. I suck at side profiles i need to work on that.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-10-29 18:52:47

At 10/29/11 06:47 PM, Ramatsu wrote: im going to go right ahead and say it's Fifty-50's original character though he states that its not. oh well Kool character either way. I suck at side profiles i need to work on that.

Hell Yeah! I really love this.Great job man. You totally nailed the color scheme. Oh, and in case you were wondering. This character belongs to this guy. I just hauled the design a bit. For reference.

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-10-29 19:15:11

At 10/29/11 06:52 PM, Fifty-50 wrote:
Hell Yeah! I really love this.Great job man. You totally nailed the color scheme. Oh, and in case you were wondering. This character belongs to this guy. I just hauled the design a bit. For reference.

>.> i see, the guy you showed me is shirtless everything else is originally from you. Kick ass character man, this actually put me in a better mood. Your sir are very modest indeed.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-10-31 17:35:04

WIP, this was going to be for the halloween contest but i had some things to do so it wont be finished in time... -_- FML. Drew this one traditional.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-10-31 18:07:24

perspective looks great in this one!

Click on the sig!

Or my thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-10-31 18:09:05

At 10/31/11 05:35 PM, Ramatsu wrote: WIP, this was going to be for the halloween contest but i had some things to do so it wont be finished in time... -_- FML. Drew this one traditional.

This one looks pretty interesting so far. The concept as well as the lineart. Looking forward to see more WIPs and the finished version.

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-10-31 23:17:05

At 10/31/11 06:09 PM, Luwano wrote: This one looks pretty interesting so far. The concept as well as the lineart. Looking forward to see more WIPs and the finished version.

Ahh, newcomers welcome(well new to my thread)! So i take my girlfriend and her niece trick or treating, and this one house her niece wouldnt go because of this werewolf thing which was like lifesise and making growling sounds at people who walked passed it. She would not walk up to the porch lol it was funny until my girlfriend made me go get the candy for her. i go trick or treat! and the woman is like arent you too old to be trick or treating" -facepalm- " think about halloween spirit! i have tons! Trick or treat!"

"what are you supposed to be" -facepalm again- " a caring boyfriend here to do my girlfriend and her niece a good deed, Trick or treat!" "well you do me a deed and do a trick for me" i look back at my girlfriend like i dont believe this shit. " i dont do tricks", " some halloween spirit you have there"... i walk off when i get to the end of their lawn " hey you forgot your candy!" i wasnt going to go back but the girlfriend gave me this look like, dude if you dont go get that candy... i go back up there with a cheesy smile and hold out the bag, " you forgot to say Trick or treat!" "trick or treat...", " now theres your halloween spirit Happy Halloween" -gives candy- and im shaking my head all the way down their lawn and to the next house.

Just an utter waste of time! im still sitting here like WTF man! Anyways back to the piece got some quick colors on there for now.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-11-01 07:37:45

I think this one will rock when its fully colored.
Keep it up

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-11-01 13:53:47

At 11/1/11 07:37 AM, maadis wrote: I think this one will rock when its fully colored.
Keep it up

Thanx, i can confirm that there will be 3 light sources, right now im still ploping colors on there, can't Wait to put the final touches on there but i will take my time no rush.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-11-01 16:50:17

At 11/1/11 01:53 PM, Ramatsu wrote: Thanx, i can confirm that there will be 3 light sources, right now im still ploping colors on there, can't Wait to put the final touches on there but i will take my time no rush.

I really like this one, the lineart is great!
Do you color your drawings in one single layer?

Who are you looking for? What are you looking at?

A light? a star. A boat? an insect. A plane? a flying fish

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-11-01 17:25:56

At 11/1/11 04:50 PM, MasterMerol wrote: I really like this one, the lineart is great!
Do you color your drawings in one single layer?

I'm learning to use layers though I still get confused by them though. That's why I tend to keep it a very few layers if any.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-11-01 22:57:56

At 11/1/11 01:53 PM, Ramatsu wrote:
At 11/1/11 07:37 AM, maadis wrote: I think this one will rock when its fully colored.
Keep it up
Thanx, i can confirm that there will be 3 light sources, right now im still ploping colors on there, can't Wait to put the final touches on there but i will take my time no rush.

Here is a little something beforehand to let you be a little creative with blood (NSFW blood tutorial) you don't have to necessarily follow it but it could fit well with those corpses.

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-11-02 00:18:36

At 11/1/11 10:57 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote:
Here is a little something beforehand to let you be a little creative with blood (NSFW blood tutorial) you don't have to necessarily follow it but it could fit well with those corpses.

Thanx man, i skimmed thru it didnt read it though but i'm taking it into consideration. lol i wasnt going to leave the blood completely red that was just there for where the blood will be. ive got the base highlights on the main buildings no shadows yet still along way to go. I am taking my time with this piece but i dont want to kill my thread with WIPs.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-11-02 14:12:07

Got some of the base shadows done, Added the third light source. also been working on the next piece i really should focus on one at at time though.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-11-02 23:22:57

almost complete just got a few more things to get to i am pretty happy how it is coming along.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-11-03 14:03:19

And done i thought i didnt need to add anything else to it. i think it is fine just like this anyways here it is in Art Portal titled " New Face Of Death"

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature