00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kazukino55 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ram's Official Art Thread!

90,623 Views | 510 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-08-02 21:53:45

Okay so to start off my thread, i'll be posting anything from practices on certain things and other things like this WIP. i had this dream the other night one of the weirdest things a mix of a bunch of things like futuristic-fantasy mixed with ancient and slightly more modern type i don't know... i was confused with the whole dream, it started out with 9 people i guess somehow were warped to a distant planet or time maybe both. anyways, they split into 3 groups of 3 and took different routes. this woman here lost two men traveling thru this terrain.. she met back up with one guy from one of the other groups and a machine type creature takes him.

now this character follows where that creature is taking him. now this scene made me wtf?! this dragon machine thing that blocks her path is maybe a guardian of that weird floaty city behind it. Those flying creatures i have no idea what they are flying around the city are freaking massive i mean Huge! much bigger than this machine that stands before this character. now for this city when i seen it in the dream it was like at the bottom the buildings were pretty tiny but i guess as time went on what ever intelligent life form created these sky scrapers they built them even bigger.(note: those tiny sky scrapers are like the average size sky scrapers here on earth)

A friend of mine said it might be things i have seen before + stories I've heard and pieces of my life hidden with symbolism O.o?? but yea this futuristic type stuff isn't really my cup of tea i like the super overpowered mess that some people tend to stray away from getting to around my age. but he might be right it is pretty ambiguous. But he wants me to keep an open mind to this new world and to everything else and to not just trap myself.

NO TROLLING please! constructive criticism, feed back, thoughts ETC. are all welcome Here.

Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-08-03 12:57:41

wow this is really good. i can't offer much critique, this is basically perfect for what you're going for :) maybe a ruler would've been helpful in the construction of that gun, but it's all pretty great. you should color it fersher :)

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-08-03 13:56:13

At 8/3/11 12:57 PM, jeeshwa123 wrote: wow this is really good. i can't offer much critique, this is basically perfect for what you're going for :) maybe a ruler would've been helpful in the construction of that gun, but it's all pretty great. you should color it fersher :)

Thanx, and yea I should have used a ruler. About the color I don't have a wide enough selection to get it looking well enough. It would look to cartoony. I can probably try to work with it on gimp but can't guarantee how it would turn out. Thanx for the feedback.

Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-08-04 22:10:25

Okay now this scene is where these guys are fighting some giant creature, i couldnt remember much what the creature looked like but i remember it being big with a bunch of teeth and a bunch of eyes. also very long in length.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-08-04 22:14:59

Aaah yes! It was about time for you to make your own art thread. Good stuff... good stuff...

Check out my stupid webcomic: Tumblr | Tapas | Webtoons

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-08-04 22:37:00

At 8/4/11 10:14 PM, Zodape wrote: Aaah yes! It was about time for you to make your own art thread. Good stuff... good stuff...

Lol! yeah, anything will go here not dealing with my comic.. only because i have a slight "being organized" problem. anyways this picture here is after they escaped from that giant creature. they hear a very loud frightening noise, much different and much bigger than the one they just escaped from. i forgot to mention, that one guys helmet broke while that battle with the creature thought he was going to die( so that gave me the idea that this is just a planet they do not know rather than a different time possibly.) just starring at him stupidly while he was going nuts.. the other 2 took off their helmets and started walking ahead. and this is where this scene happens

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-08-05 02:51:24

Nice painting drawn, thanks for sharing your drawing with us. I can say that you are seems a good artist.

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-08-05 03:05:05

Do you mean that I could have sworn you said that an another thread, but if you do thank you.. I feel that I still need to grasp anatomy and perspective more accurately.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-08-11 23:13:10

My WIP for C.H.O.W. #45, "The Black Queen", im not too good at drawing heels either actually these are my 1st heels ever i drew on anyone. i tend to improvise my pictures and do not use a reference( can't be annoyed in searching through google and things). so if you can point out any mistakes it will be greatly appreciated, Thank you for your time.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-08-11 23:14:39

FML, sorry in a rush forgot the picture... here it is.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-08-13 21:14:42

I can't think, I've been staring at this C.O.T.W. Piece for a good 1h and 30 min... Lost someone very close to me last night... And I think I'm losing all motivation in drawing all together.. I'll post up the WIP tomorrow I'll be busy the rest of the week.. I can always stop by and leave some feedback on other artist' threads though thats never a problem.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-08-15 15:04:47

here is my piece for CHOW. yeah it is unfinished for now, got some things to deal with and i can not cater to this piece any longer than i have. would not be able to turn it in by tomorrow finished sadly.. it will be finished sometime later on when i have time. feedback, thoughts, i wouldnt say critique because it is still an unfinished piece. i'll be around, motivation to draw=2.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-08-21 22:18:36

Ill start this off with the submit i did for the comic jam, its not the best looking but i am proud to admit i got alot done with an estimated 5 hours total, ( had to cut 10 pages down to 6, had to rid some script from the submit in order to get it in in-time) had to rush these things it was such a pain. wish i had more time -sad face-. i apologize if you cant read any of them, But if you can let me know what you think art wise and script wise.

Hi-Res Page 1

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-08-21 22:24:50

Page 2 I got lazy with this one

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-08-21 22:26:19

At 8/21/11 10:18 PM, Ramatsu wrote: Hi-Res Page 1

Interesting story Ram. Good art too
You could use some work on some of your paneling though. Its kind of cluttered.

I enjoyed it.

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-08-21 22:39:12

At 8/21/11 10:26 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 8/21/11 10:18 PM, Ramatsu wrote: Hi-Res Page 1
Interesting story Ram. Good art too
You could use some work on some of your paneling though. Its kind of cluttered.

I enjoyed it.

yeah, i been working on that but with the time i had, i couldnt put spaces between my panels. To be honest i forgot about it on the 1st page and already inked the panels and i have a slight organizing problem not big though but i didn't want to space the other panels on the other pages because it would of threw me off. Thanx for the feedback man, PAGE 3: here i got lazy to the last panel i F'ed her face up but wouldnt be bothered with fixing it. and the place looks dull as well everything here was imiprovised.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-08-21 22:47:45

Page 4, This guy was extra smooth getting into the house without that guy hearing him, but was stupid enough to try to take on the sun goddess.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-08-21 22:54:18

Just a tip, if you can't write get a friend who's good at writing or don't write as you go along.

because the art is ok but the story not so much.

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-08-21 22:58:25

Page 5 , this part AMATERASU is basically in GOD mode, her eyes glow her mouth glows and that tattoo on her belly glows as well, those wings are coming from her lower back but they are not attatched to her physically, they resemble the sun.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-08-21 23:00:31

At 8/21/11 10:58 PM, Ramatsu wrote: Page 5 , this part AMATERASU is basically in GOD mode, her eyes glow her mouth glows and that tattoo on her belly glows as well, those wings are coming from her lower back but they are not attatched to her physically, they resemble the sun.

Sorry for the double post i had forgot the picture

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-08-21 23:14:03

At 8/21/11 10:54 PM, Left4DeadSmoker wrote: Just a tip, if you can't write get a friend who's good at writing or don't write as you go along.

because the art is ok but the story not so much.

Haha yeah, its not a story i'll continue with it was just a quick idea for the Comic Jam, Theme being "Night", i didnt put alot of effort behind the story because we had 3 days to do this and i don't think i have any friends on here and plus that would have took too long and only wasted time. i was pretty busy this weekend and only had about 6 hours to work on it. more like 5 then head to the neighbors house and scan what i had. Last but not least the final page! WTF is this now? I thought...( i wont ruin it lol)

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-08-31 16:50:09

Okay today i have 4 pieces to throw in my art thread, concieves of an old character redraw, 2 timed pieces, and a somewhat fan art made for someone that would pay me for it. so hmm 1st off i guess i can start with the character redraw. his name is Night Shade, was one of the more ruthless Bad Guys i made ages ago. when i found one of the pieces i had drew of him it made me lol. sadly, i could not scan the older piece the paper i drew him on were way to big for the scanner.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-08-31 17:00:33

At 8/31/11 04:50 PM, Ramatsu wrote: his name is Night Shade, was one of the more ruthless Bad Guys i made ages ago. when i found one of the pieces i had drew of him it made me lol. sadly, i could not scan the older piece the paper i drew him on were way to big for the scanner.

Well at least I'm not the only guy to give my characters weird names when I was younger. :P
Anyway.
It looks like his arm would be better suited to be bent a little more. Bring it closer to a 90 degree angle. At the moment he has his bicep bulging, and and I think it would look more powerful with that bend in there.

Over all though, a pretty badass sketch

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-08-31 17:03:27

This is the Fan Art piece, Rock Lee from the naruto series. A Bud of mine wanted a picture of rock lee drawn and said he'd pay me. gave me a picture of how he wanted the pose to be but he wanted him when hes older and in 8 gates mode. the piece is still unfinished.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-08-31 17:21:07

At 8/31/11 05:03 PM, Ramatsu wrote: This is the Fan Art piece, Rock Lee from the naruto series. A Bud of mine wanted a picture of rock lee drawn and said he'd pay me. gave me a picture of how he wanted the pose to be but he wanted him when hes older and in 8 gates mode. the piece is still unfinished.

i forgot to link to the picture reference. But now for the next two pieces these were each drawn in 45 min i timed my self on each piece. trying to speed up my pace, work on my "cardio". i say this 1st piece came out alright, the other piece? ehh not so much.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-08-31 17:34:31

Last piece for the day i was trying some perspective out somewhat i took too much time on the sword/scythe on this one. and didnt leave much time for the other 2 characters in this piece. also he can bend the scythe at will, glad to have the PC back and now its time to critique those comics i didnt get to last week.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-08-31 19:48:11

Forgot my picture lol Epic fail good thing i checked before it was to late

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-08-31 20:01:00

At 8/31/11 05:00 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 8/31/11 04:50 PM, Ramatsu wrote: his name is Night Shade, was one of the more ruthless Bad Guys i made ages ago. when i found one of the pieces i had drew of him it made me lol. sadly, i could not scan the older piece the paper i drew him on were way to big for the scanner.
Well at least I'm not the only guy to give my characters weird names when I was younger. :P
Anyway.
It looks like his arm would be better suited to be bent a little more. Bring it closer to a 90 degree angle. At the moment he has his bicep bulging, and and I think it would look more powerful with that bend in there.

Over all though, a pretty badass sketch

How come I didn't notice this earlier! By that I mean your post. Maybe because I were in a rush had to run an errand. Your correct though his arm should be around the right angle mark , can't erase it now the pencil is too dark to erase properly I'll just redraw him sometime. Lol and yeah back then the names sound so cool sadly I had came up with even worse names, lost those pieces in a fire though :(.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-08-31 20:22:56

At 8/31/11 08:01 PM, Ramatsu wrote: How come I didn't notice this earlier! By that I mean your post.

And Here I figured I wasn't so Forgettable. :P
Nice job on the others ones too.

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-08-31 20:59:37

At 8/31/11 08:22 PM, Kinsei01

And Here I figured I wasn't so Forgettable. :P
Nice job on the others ones too.

your not, lol just didn't notice when I was spamming my pieces on here. Hopefully I have some more stuff up this week I'm not busy, hopefully nothing comes up.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature