00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ozziel94 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ram's Official Art Thread!

90,558 Views | 510 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-11-06 01:41:00

Bump! i did this piece mainly for the draw your character- my style thread, thats about it.

Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-11-06 18:46:35

At 11/6/11 01:41 AM, Ramatsu wrote: Bump! i did this piece mainly for the draw your character- my style thread, thats about it.

You are so good at drawing feet! I guess that's sort of a weird comment, but everytime I see one of your pictures, I always say to myself, "dang, those feet look really good." And I love her design, just so you know, I'm going to do her next. :]

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-11-07 21:07:42

At 11/6/11 06:46 PM, monsterparty wrote:
You are so good at drawing feet! I guess that's sort of a weird comment, but everytime I see one of your pictures, I always say to myself, "dang, those feet look really good." And I love her design, just so you know, I'm going to do her next. :]

Lol! you think so( question mark) honestly i think its one of my weaker points. ahh yes, i seen her in the thread. i love it, i really didnt expect it to be redrawn but i put it in there anyway and hoped for the best that i didnt waste my time drawing her for the thread.

anyways, ill just put this here. A redraw of heavyrains original character, this one is like a more rushed version and in the process made her alittle to thick. the original one i was doing i forgot to save and the pc restarted. my intention was to make the character thick just not that big.

Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-11-07 22:12:12

ill just put this here as well.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-11-08 18:36:13

something new and different this time, something i find not so fun Rather boring...REALISM! But what got me doing this was a very generous offer i cannot turn down. she is paying me to draw pictures of her 2 main book characters the only condition was that it had to be a more realistic feel to it. $200 dollars for each piece and to publish my graphic novel series when i am ready to put it out.

So she seen her characters so far and gave me $200 dollars,(honestly this girl has money to blow) i'll get the rest when the characters are finished. The deadline for them are december 15th this year. This gives me enough time to look up how to work with the brushes and colors to make the characters look more realistic.

karma finally looks me in the eye and says im a good guy. Too generous of an offer, the opportunity was upon me so i had to take it.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-11-08 18:43:44

here is the other character. they are supposed to be sisters,but i failed on this one though.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-11-08 18:58:48

grats on landing your self that job!
On the first pic; her legs seem to be a bit short, and her hips appear disjointed (too far apart, too bumpy), the second one looks more realistic, but her head is a bit big and you might want to check her right wrist too.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-11-08 19:13:10

At 11/8/11 06:58 PM, J-qb wrote: grats on landing your self that job!
On the first pic; her legs seem to be a bit short, and her hips appear disjointed (too far apart, too bumpy), the second one looks more realistic, but her head is a bit big and you might want to check her right wrist too.

Thanx! Yeah now that you mention it her legs seem to be abit short. Bumpy?! What do you mean by that,the things you see on the side of her hips and legs? If that's what you mean then that's supposed to be like the folds of her jeans, if that is not what you mean I do not follow.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-11-09 09:08:38

I meant the way her hip bounces outwards. should be more smoothly;
also the widest part of women is usually the hips, not the thighs or shoulders. furthermore she's got a pretty fat arm, very wide and muscular shoulders... Dunno if she's supposed to be a bodyduilder, but even female superheroes usually don't really look very muscular.
If she's supposed to be a tomboy kinda character you might want to make her hips a bit smaller and get rid of the major boobage.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-11-09 10:00:55

At 11/9/11 09:08 AM, J-qb wrote: I meant the way her hip bounces outwards. should be more smoothly;
also the widest part of women is usually the hips, not the thighs or shoulders. furthermore she's got a pretty fat arm, very wide and muscular shoulders... Dunno if she's supposed to be a bodyduilder, but even female superheroes usually don't really look very muscular.
If she's supposed to be a tomboy kinda character you might want to make her hips a bit smaller and get rid of the major boobage.

Oh, i see what you mean( maybe i should work on my anatomy some more), but about the character herself i was given a description for both of them and drew them as described. and it looks like i failed to make it look like the arm was pushing against her other arm. she seen the characters and were pretty happy with how they looked, ill just do some minor tweaks before i start finishing it up with some color.
i went ahead and stretched her legs from the last critique you've given me.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-11-09 21:19:33

Got a couple of things to work into my schedule got a few people i can not let down, because im the guy to always come through. so i got the prime color on for this character just getting around to it, havent been home for a few hours. Looks like i have to hold off a couple of my things i wanted to do until i get these other things done. Organising and prioritising BLAH!

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-11-27 18:15:33

Bump because i havent posted in my thread in awhile, i've been pretty busy. any suggestions thoughts and things, mainly the skin. my focus is way off at the moment so i need some leverage.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-11-29 11:58:05

im just trying to "get it as far away from anime" as i possibly can, sheesh im such as failure but i think its mainly the hair. last WIP so i can get to working on her sister before the deadline. i was busy but i was also half-stepping on this because of how much time i had to do it. But enough procrastinating need to get shit done, so i can move back to get my things up. Made a couple of sketches which will be my next bigger projects.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-11-29 14:42:44

At 11/29/11 11:58 AM, Ramatsu wrote: im just trying to "get it as far away from anime" as i possibly can, sheesh im such as failure but i think its mainly the hair.

I think there may be a few too many folds in her shirt between her boobs.
Shirts shouldn't wrinkle up that much in that area.

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-11-29 15:36:20

you are right, but it is quite possible. i tried to make it look like her arms are basically pushing her breasts closer together. i tried not to make her boobs totally oversised, people still think they are rather big which they are but are relatively much smaller than i actually draw them on my own characters. it would probably help though if i did get rid of some of those lines between her boobs. her face and skin is my main problem though.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-11-30 01:26:36

almost home free! then i can get back to my things, the things i love dear. im just bumping this thread with these, but wont put up many WIPs of em. the other character, ill be finished with this sometime in the next few days, deadline the 15th of December.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-11-30 17:12:46

just putting this here to keep me going. just the base colors sloppily put on.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-12-01 12:31:58

totally forgot to put this up yesterday, almost complete!

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-12-02 19:41:28

blah!

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-12-06 18:15:27

some line art for yuh. took me a good 3 hours, working digitally im slow as hell, if it were tradtionally done wouldve probably took half the time it did for this. unnessasarily large squishy boobs. debating on the background I have an idea that fits this character perfectly so i guess i can call this a WIP, not that anyone cares anyway lol, im posting just to keep me motivated. Though comments thoughts criticism is always appreciated.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-12-06 19:23:19

bumping with some skin color flat, hmm... honestly i might make two different versions one with black lines and one with none.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-12-06 20:07:47

Your lineart has inspired me!
...I'm slow on the digi as well >.>

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-12-06 20:12:57

At 12/6/11 06:15 PM, Ramatsu wrote: some line art for yuh. took me a good 3 hours, working digitally im slow as hell, if it were tradtionally done wouldve probably took half the time it did for this. unnessasarily large squishy boobs. debating on the background I have an idea that fits this character perfectly so i guess i can call this a WIP, not that anyone cares anyway lol, im posting just to keep me motivated. Though comments thoughts criticism is always appreciated.

damn, that is some rad line art. love the line weight and thickness of it. The 3 hour effort you put really shows! cannot wait to see the color :D

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-12-06 20:31:04

also, did you use a program to ink that, or was it by hand?

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-12-06 20:37:01

At 12/6/11 08:31 PM, jeeshwa123 wrote: also, did you use a program to ink that, or was it by hand?

its all digital what do you mean there's a program that'll just ink it for you? also thanx guys that boosted my morale.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-12-06 21:06:57

At 12/6/11 08:37 PM, Ramatsu wrote:
At 12/6/11 08:31 PM, jeeshwa123 wrote: also, did you use a program to ink that, or was it by hand?
its all digital what do you mean there's a program that'll just ink it for you? also thanx guys that boosted my morale.

no i mean traditional media, or digital. what program did you use?

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-12-06 21:21:09

oh, photoshop elements 9 which i got with the tablet i bought, still getting used to this whole digital frontier. trying to improve both my traditional and digital skill, im improving pretty fast from my point of view.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-12-06 23:53:12

got the flat colors on there, next itll be the base shadows! and so on and background comes last i figured a perfect setting.Irrelevant note, this character is psychotic just thought i'd put that out there.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-12-07 00:20:24

Damn Rammy, this is probably your best piece yet. Also, definitely the most sultry ;D

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-12-07 00:41:01

At 12/7/11 12:20 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Damn Rammy, this is probably your best piece yet. Also, definitely the most sultry ;D

Lol, hell yeah it fits her character perfectly though, you see why after i put the finishing details in after the background and stuff is complete.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature