00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LegendaryWolfeh just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ram's Official Art Thread!

90,620 Views | 510 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-08-31 21:04:41

At 8/31/11 07:48 PM, Ramatsu wrote: Forgot my picture lol Epic fail good thing i checked before it was to late

Not to shabby, but your perspective could use quite a bit of work. Everything seems to be standing on a whole different plane than the background.

every morn I awake from the cavernous night

look at my pictures

look at pictures I look at

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-08-31 21:27:12

At 8/31/11 09:04 PM, DemocracyFTW wrote:
At 8/31/11 07:48 PM, Ramatsu wrote: Forgot my picture lol Epic fail good thing i checked before it was to late
Not to shabby, but your perspective could use quite a bit of work. Everything seems to be standing on a whole different plane than the background.

True, the third character in the back, she's throwing everything off, but my main focus here was see how much I can get done in 45 min over the perspective.these pictures were improvised. I'll be working on alot of things this week though perspective one of them, maybe I'll post it up.

Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-09-02 15:20:32

here is a perspective work sadly i kinda went off of it and started just spending more time adding details to the gun than anything else( i hate when i do things like that). but yeah the picture is still unfinished, my neighbor was home so i took the advantage of just gettin it scanned now rather than later. thats the disadvantage of not having your own scanner -__-.

Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-09-02 15:48:02

Use a pen.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-09-02 16:10:17

At 9/2/11 03:48 PM, Fifty-50 wrote: Use a pen.

Wait for what? What's wrong with pencil? If I make a mistake I won't be able to change it, I'd have to start all over.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-09-02 16:14:31

At 9/2/11 04:10 PM, Ramatsu wrote:
At 9/2/11 03:48 PM, Fifty-50 wrote: Use a pen.
Wait for what? What's wrong with pencil? If I make a mistake I won't be able to change it, I'd have to start all over.

I should have elaborated. I meant to draw with your pencils first and then use the pen over your pencil sketch so you can have more clear lines so the viewer will get greater visual impact.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-09-02 16:32:46

At 9/2/11 04:14 PM, Fifty-50 wrote:
At 9/2/11 04:10 PM, Ramatsu wrote:
Use a pen.
I should have elaborated. I meant to draw with your pencils first and then use the pen over your pencil sketch so you can have more clear lines so the viewer will get greater visual impact.

Oh yeah, I'll probably do that after the piece is done it's not finished yet.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-09-02 23:15:15

perspective is always really hard.

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-09-04 17:50:29

Submission for Chow #48 the theme was "Icarus". Art Portal

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-09-04 18:14:47

Just a concept of this character from my dream i still dont know her name, its like a blur. its wing-"something" or wink-"something". and im assuming its her last name or a nickname or something. It looks like i made her torso too short, i never measure out how the body should be. and i never use a freaking ruler or straight edge for the guns.. the guns look F'ed! but this is just a "to get a feel for" type thing. And her feet are actually small. its just wierd its not like recurring dreams but its the same character just something different happening everytime, i draw the scenes of what i can remember the most.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-09-05 23:55:35

I noticed that most the art I put in my thread are WIPs and I always forget to put in the finished one FML. I have to start putting them up! I just be a little too excited getting a new in progress piece in. On that note I know what I should do. It would be so much easier if I had my own scanner or tablet even!!

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-09-10 19:31:31

i havent Really been drawing much i got caught up in this new game called "Dead Island". And it seems im getting into video games again. But i got two WIPs today, not that anyone cares lol. I was slightly working on perspective with one, Mind you they both appear to expose breasts, i had the urge to draw boobs this week. I dont know why maybe because i can, one not so explicit other im not sure what to categorize, just random pictures of random no named characters. This 1st picture im not sure what to add in the rest of it. Ideas would be nice and will be appreciated.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-09-10 19:49:00

**** NSFW ****

This is the piece i worked slightly with perspective, with slight different styles for this character. i drew Boobs for the hell of it. even though it has boobs i still took working on this pretty serious. not much to say about the piece, just another no named character i created. Very skimpy outfit hmm, Feel free to leave feedback on any of the pieces if they do not bother your conscience.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-09-10 21:09:00

I notice I drew the legs too short on the 3rd figure... Epic fail!! Lol I was more worried about her fitting in the piece than actually noticing the flaws.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-09-11 16:40:25

I Just thought i'd put this thru. Dragon perspective practice WIP! its not much but still im tryna get feedback on something.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-09-11 20:47:47

At 9/11/11 04:40 PM, Ramatsu wrote: I Just thought i'd put this thru. Dragon perspective practice WIP! its not much but still im tryna get feedback on something.

Oh man, that perspective is awesome! I'd really like to see the finished product. It looks like you don't do color very often, but I really wanna see it on this one.

Your other stuff is great, too! I'm impressed by your grasp of anatomy, that's something I really ought to work on myself.

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-09-11 21:02:15

At 9/11/11 08:47 PM, SuperBastard wrote:
Oh man, that perspective is awesome! I'd really like to see the finished product. It looks like you don't do color very often, but I really wanna see it on this one.

Your other stuff is great, too! I'm impressed by your grasp of anatomy, that's something I really ought to work on myself.

Thanx for the feedback. Much appreciated, also I'll see what I can do about the color it's on non expensive computer copy paper my markers do not really get along with them lol.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-09-11 21:14:29

At 9/11/11 09:02 PM, Ramatsu wrote:
Thanx for the feedback. Much appreciated, also I'll see what I can do about the color it's on non expensive computer copy paper my markers do not really get along with them lol.

Do you have colored pencils or anything? I can picture trying to make it work with markers being a bit frustrating.

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-09-11 21:33:49

Sadly I don't, but I can get the markers to work somewhat with it, just have to be pretty soft when apply the color to the paper. Might be somewhat out of the lines because of how the marker warps into the paper but not a big deal.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-09-12 16:07:55

This is WIP 2 of "Dragons Flight" dont think i will be able to color all of the dragons because of there size in the picture and my markers are pretty thick.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-09-12 16:18:41

Another WIP a friend wanted to see the side view of the main dragon in "Dragons Flight" and wanted me to put like a human child being friends with this dragon. so here is a WIP not too far along at all. I want to get art up everytime i can and im doing this because im trying to avoid playing video games lol.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-09-12 22:54:54

FML I forgot to post that other WIP !! I was in such a rush had to run some errands I guess I'll post it tomorrow.. Epic fail -__-

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-09-13 00:19:15

At 9/12/11 04:07 PM, Ramatsu wrote: This is WIP 2 of "Dragons Flight" dont think i will be able to color all of the dragons because of there size in the picture and my markers are pretty thick.

I love that one, and I agree with the other guy, the perspective is great!
Did you use any reference?

Who are you looking for? What are you looking at?

A light? a star. A boat? an insect. A plane? a flying fish

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-09-13 01:04:05

At 9/13/11 12:19 AM, MasterMerol wrote:
At 9/12/11 04:07 PM, Ramatsu wrote: This is WIP 2 of "Dragons Flight" dont think i will be able to color all of the dragons because of there size in the picture and my markers are pretty thick.
I love that one, and I agree with the other guy, the perspective is great!
Did you use any reference?

Much appreciated and no-no reference I take that as a compliment I never use references unless I really have to, and none in this thread were referenced. I tend to do things on my own even if it takes alot of erasing and remakes to get there. I really do want to color this piece in though.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-09-13 12:14:03

Still looking pretty damn good, though one criticism I can offer at this point is with the detailing on the wings on the second dragon. I'd recommend not making those lines so heavy, just try to imply that the folds are there or, if possible, illustrate them with just color.

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-09-13 16:31:27

At 9/13/11 12:14 PM, SuperBastard wrote:
Still looking pretty damn good, though one criticism I can offer at this point is with the detailing on the wings on the second dragon. I'd recommend not making those lines so heavy, just try to imply that the folds are there or, if possible, illustrate them with just color.

True true, i wasnt planning on keeping all them lines i just usually do things like that when im tryna figure out how everything else in the piece should be. Here is possibly the last WIP for Dragons flight, And Ill also be posting that other WIP i failed to upload to the thread.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-09-13 16:47:04

I am in no Rush today so i can be sure that this time the picture will be posted but this time it wont be the one that was at the very begining of starting it i put some more work into it. another slight perspective work calling this one "No Boundaries to friendship".

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-09-14 13:21:33

I have like one question i'd like to ask you guys... Well I'm unsure what to color the dragons I had in mind either red, black, or this greenish-golden beige type color and I'm unsure which I should do. If you can help me I'd appreciate it, thanx.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-09-14 14:01:25

Your recent work looks pretty kickass, even though they're all still in sketch stages. Like Fifty said, I'd love to see some inked and cleaned stuff. I don't really know what else to say, I felt bad that you left so many comments on my thread yet I... never really visited yours :x
But yeah, stuff is looking pretty sweet so far, just finish something! hahaha
Damn son, somebody needs to buy you a tablet, or go find a job and buy one, I have a feeling you'd create some pretty awesome stuff with it, once you'd gotten used to it.
You could also use Paint Tool SAI to get some pretty awesome line art going. I usually just make a linework layer on there and just trace my pencil sketch with the curve tool, tweek here and there, play with the line thickness in places... all with my mouse :D
It's time-consuming and tedious, but it's what I've done with all of my recent drawings and I find I've had pleasing results. You should try it out! :o

BBS Signature

Response to Ram's Official Art Thread! 2011-09-14 14:38:41

At 9/14/11 02:01 PM, Kumakun4 wrote: Your recent work looks pretty kickass, even though they're all still in sketch stages. Like Fifty said, I'd love to see some inked and cleaned stuff. I don't really know what else to say, I felt bad that you left so many comments on my thread yet I... never really visited yours :x
But yeah, stuff is looking pretty sweet so far, just finish something! hahaha
Damn son, somebody needs to buy you a tablet, or go find a job and buy one, I have a feeling you'd create some pretty awesome stuff with it, once you'd gotten used to it.
You could also use Paint Tool SAI to get some pretty awesome line art going. I usually just make a linework layer on there and just trace my pencil sketch with the curve tool, tweek here and there, play with the line thickness in places... all with my mouse :D
It's time-consuming and tedious, but it's what I've done with all of my recent drawings and I find I've had pleasing results. You should try it out! :o

Yeah, no worries man, I usually don't ink my practice works but I can go back and do that. I'm free all this week and turn them into finished works. I just lost my job this year and been looking ever since, I'm just an unlucky guy. Hey is paint tool SAI a free software? Because I would try it out definately.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature