00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Tdpreston just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official Cod Black Ops Thread.

128,269 Views | 2,038 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-04-30 11:33:55

Also known as "Call of Duty 7" Sorry Samen, but that other thread title just isn't going to cut it.

As we all know the Call of Duty series is due for another installment this year and today Treyarch revealed that their new game is going to be known under the title of Black Ops. The title is set to hit on November 9th of 2010 and it's rumored that the setting will take place in Vietnam. Along with the game's usual single and multiplayer modes, there is also going to be a Co-op mode similar to the one in Modern Warfare 2. And now that Treyarch is going to be actually releasing details of the game starting tonight, all content revealed before and after the games release should be discussed here.

For now, enjoy some news articles, and look out for the teaser trailer that's going to be revealed tonight.

COD Black Ops Website Launches
Rumors of a Modern Setting

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-04-30 11:42:34

I honestly didn't think we'd be seeing any more Vietnam games. The only Vietnam game I can think of ever having played is Conflict Vietnam and from what I remember, it was actually quite good.

At least it's not a WWII shooter for a change and I'm also glad it's not futuristic.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-04-30 12:16:39

At 4/30/10 11:57 AM, Jawdyn wrote: There was nothing wrong with that other thread. ;S

I'm excited for Black Ops anywho.

Just a redirection because of the thread title. It helps with recognition if we call the game its actual name.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-04-30 12:26:07

Looking forward to this, I just hope it's better than Modern Warfare 2.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-04-30 13:49:37

Those new sites are making you quick :o

I actually heard some interesting rumors about this game. Something about how it is going to take part in different parts of the Cold War. I know it is Trey and it is yet another CoD, but it actually sounded pretty cool.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-04-30 14:08:59

According to GAME's website in the UK, Call of Duty: Black Ops will take you to Cuba, the Arctic and of course, the widely rumoured Vietnam.

According to the site...

"Now you will witness the birth of the Elite Special Forces and take part in off-the-record missions using unconventional weaponry to get the job done! From Cuba to the Arctic and the jungles of Vietnam, Call of Duty: Black Ops features stunning cinematic graphics and intense gameplay that puts you right at the heart of the action!"

Also, the game's going to be selling for £45 in the UK, like Modern Warfare 2 was.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-04-30 15:11:49

it sounds like its going to be pretty good, but with CoD slapped onto the front the company doesn't have to make a great game for it to get over rated to all fuck and praised as the second coming of christ.

I'm the holder of the self proclaimed 'Biggest Douchebag on the Forums' award.

PSN/360 name : BerZerKer 123, and my Steam

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-04-30 15:15:28

I haven't even stopped playing CoD 4 and they're alrteady making a 7th. Call of Duty just exploded after the first 3 extremely mediocre games.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-04-30 15:31:05

Luna lovegood is fucking hot and I want to fuck her all day long!!!

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-04-30 15:45:19

At 4/30/10 03:31 PM, mcgoth wrote: use the search bar next time

umm yeah.

Official Cod Black Ops Thread.

Zune Social ID : Daboyzofwexford/ AVA ID : Tehcamper

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-04-30 17:00:30

This is bullshit, Samen had dibs on this thread months ago. Everyone stop attention whoring right now, I demand it.

Who fucking cares if you put Official in the thread title Holla? Who are you now, SMC?

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-04-30 17:06:46

At 4/30/10 05:00 PM, Fezz wrote: This is bullshit, Samen had dibs on this thread months ago. Everyone stop attention whoring right now, I demand it.

Who fucking cares if you put Official in the thread title Holla? Who are you now, SMC?

Whoa ho ho. No need to diss me here.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-04-30 17:41:44

I read it features Vietnamese, Artic, and Japanese locals are included in this game, as well as a re-run of 4-player co-op

My Precious Little Life

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-04-30 18:19:54

How is this game supposed to turn out?

The Americans lost the war. I bet Treyarch will try to twist history and make a mess of it.

I shall boycott this product becasue I think it will be the worst COD game to date.

Proud Scotsman | PSN: Trystlions | Typing Useless Posts Since 2008

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-04-30 18:21:58

Sorry about the double post but I meant to say lost the war in Vietnam, just in case anybody takes offence.

Proud Scotsman | PSN: Trystlions | Typing Useless Posts Since 2008

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-04-30 18:41:21

At 4/30/10 06:19 PM, Trystlions wrote: How is this game supposed to turn out?

The Americans lost the war. I bet Treyarch will try to twist history and make a mess of it.

I shall boycott this product becasue I think it will be the worst COD game to date.

They didn't win it, but they didn't necessarily lose either. They pulled out and things essentially went right back to the way they were before.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-04-30 18:45:44

Trailer is going to be on GTTV tonight

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-04-30 18:47:56

I always personally thought the first few Call Of Duty games were fairly plain. Didn't seem exceptional to games I had played of the same genre before, then, after I heard how big a deal Modern Warfare was, I was obviously compelled to buy the game. I thought it was good, best first person shooter I have played to date actually.

But now, I believe the Call Of Duty label is going to be worn out by mediocre games, and milked for money. Some would agree that Modern Warfare 2 was the first sign of this, I personally liked the game. But, I still feel that the 'series' will be going downhill from now on. They'll make money either way, their mission is complete.

I hope I'm wrong!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-04-30 18:48:19

That is THE worst excuse i've ever heard. Really? It will be the worst yet? I say give it a chance. If it twists history, it will be doing what Hollywood have always been doing, so don't spread that bullshit.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-04-30 23:46:24

Well, there wasn't really a clear winner, either. Vietnam and the United States were pretty much going nowhere but downhill. It's a very sensitive subject on the American side, since many people do think of it as a defeat.

I fail to understand the meaning behind this. Of course, your reasons aren't my business, so I respect your opinion.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-01 00:22:09

It could be really cool if they don't treat it like the over-the-top Modern Warfare games. I don't think Vietnam lends itself to the big battles and heroics of WWII or the insane "Let's throw every crazy scenario into a blender" that is Modern Warfare. This is the first game that Treyarch is going into without a clear template already set out by Infinity Ward so it could be really cool and distinct or just more of the same in a new setting. It is the Call of Duty franchise and at this point Activision could use something really big to keep people's faith in the franchise (although I doubt the average consumer knows or cares about Infinity Ward's implosion).

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-01 02:34:40

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-01 03:05:10

It sounds like they're adding a sci-fi edge to it.
I am displeased.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-01 03:16:30

Jeez what a bunch of cry babies.

And that trailer was full of mystery and wonder.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-01 06:57:01

At 5/1/10 03:16 AM, 36Holla wrote: Jeez what a bunch of cry babies.

And that trailer was full of mystery and wonder.

Trailer =/= Full relaease

Eg. Duke nukem

Zune Social ID : Daboyzofwexford/ AVA ID : Tehcamper

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-01 10:46:00

What makes me curious about the trailer is the black room with the voices of possible doctors. Sounds like your character may be on a table or his death bed through the game like Velvet Assassin. This could allow them to jump between different areas and conflicts that may have occurred during the time period. Of course, your guy could also just be really high on some kind of drug, and is just seeing shit.

"Holy crap guys, the jungle is turning into ice! And space men are walking around!"

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-01 14:24:05

That trailer looked epic! Now I can't wait for this game

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-01 14:57:25

Regarding the first person view on the hospital bed, I saw somewhere that perhaps what we see in the trailer and what we may play in is all flashbacks, allowing for the game to take place over a much longer time period like supposed leaked details suggest.

Also, by watching the trailer and playing/pausing continuously, it looks like some confirmed weapons will be RPKs, M16s, AUGA1s, SPAS-12s, and AK-47s.

Anyways, things I, personally, think would be cool for this game's mulitplayer would be, obvious things aside, variants of the weapons in mulitplayer (A1, Compact, LMG, those kinda things) selector switches like they had in Call of Duty; binoculars, as I saw someone else suggest somewhere else; and most of all, randomly generated weather and daylight, making it much more realistic feeling and allow a change of playstyle every now and then.

Regardless, I was excited for the game before even knowing anything about it aside from that it's being made by Treyarch (I really liked Call of Duty: World at War) so now I can't wait!

GT: Danul454

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-01 15:05:07

Randomly generated weather and daytime in multiplayer would make me SPLOOOOGE.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-01 15:06:40