00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

StemlyAnarchy just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official Cod Black Ops Thread.

127,486 Views | 2,038 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-08-13 19:47:07

The louder you hate the gimmicky collector's edition of stuff, the more stupid it will become. Also, I wait to hear the uproar from the Daily Mail from this. Last year, they tripped balls over No Russian, this time a RC car that looks like a bomb!?!!

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-08-13 19:50:24

Should this trend continue for whatever reason, we'll probably end up being offered an AC-130 replica toy plane complete with sound effects as part of the Modern Warfare 3 Prestige edition.

And if that actually does happen...

D:

PSN ID + Xbox Live GT : ShadowWestNG | Steam : ShadowWest | Sig made by: ParadoxVoid <3

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-08-14 15:25:02

At 8/13/10 06:56 PM, ShadowWest wrote: 'All 4 existing #CoDWaW Zombies maps will be included in Hardened & Prestige editions of #CODBlackOps as callback co-op levels!'

-Josh Olin on Twitter about a minute ago.

I feel happy yet angry at the same time.

Kotaku was just speculating about a similar slip up in Best Buy's online description for the game.
Zombie time, excellent, etc.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-08-14 20:52:16

Zombies are coming back? I'll get me this game as fast as I can!
The Nazi Zombie Mode was the best idea Treyarch or any other game company ever had.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-08-14 21:03:54

At 8/14/10 08:52 PM, Kilroyan wrote: Zombies are coming back? I'll get me this game as fast as I can!
The Nazi Zombie Mode was the best idea Treyarch or any other game company ever had.

It's just regular old defense mode, but with zombies.
In fact, the zombie part wasn't even a new idea, either.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-08-14 21:23:34

At 8/14/10 09:17 PM, MrPercie wrote:
At 8/14/10 09:03 PM, Samen wrote:
At 8/14/10 08:52 PM, Kilroyan wrote: Zombies are coming back? I'll get me this game as fast as I can!
It's just regular old defense mode, but with zombies.
In fact, the zombie part wasn't even a new idea, either.
yeah, tell that to peggle

basicly pinball but hell they made a fuckload of money from it

I wasn't commenting on it's quality or profitability, I was talking about it's originality.
Read between the lines, except you don't have to because that's exactly what my first post says.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-08-14 21:36:35

At 8/14/10 09:33 PM, Liquify wrote: The more I see from this game the more I hate it.

It looks so stupid.

RC cars as bombs? What the fuck is that shit. That isn't fucking war.

It has been since WW2 at the earliest.
alsowutrealismlol

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-08-14 21:41:25

At 8/14/10 09:33 PM, Liquify wrote: The more I see from this game the more I hate it.

It looks so stupid.

Same with me. I'm not even semi-excited about this anymore, to be honest.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-08-16 14:37:19

At 8/14/10 09:33 PM, Liquify wrote: RC cars as bombs? What the fuck is that shit. That isn't fucking war.

Who the hell cares? It looks awesome, and the game's gonna be pretty awesome. It doesn't matter whether there's unreal stuff in it as long as it's fun and exciting when you're playing.
It's not war, it's CoD. They make the game, they can do what they like.

Come on in, be a guy, pull up a chair!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-08-16 20:13:30

Does anybody else hope they bring back dogs? Sure there's a pack of them coming after you, and sure they can take more than a single bullet as they charge at you, but come on, it was fun.

Following the dogs to a potential target is also a great tactic.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-08-16 20:19:20

At 8/16/10 08:13 PM, Gustavos wrote: Does anybody else hope they bring back dogs?

Not really, and I don't think they will anyway. I think they want big explosives.

I did that all the time. Kind of got annoying seeing a group of enemies following dogs that were coming towards me though.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-08-16 20:49:13

At 8/16/10 08:13 PM, Gustavos wrote: Does anybody else hope they bring back dogs? Sure there's a pack of them coming after you, and sure they can take more than a single bullet as they charge at you, but come on, it was fun.

Also, using the RC bombmobile as a defense against dogs.
Just delightful to think about. :D

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-08-16 23:42:20

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductD etails.aspx?product_id=83924

Epic lulz.. PS3 Hardened Edition comes with Xbox Live avatar outfit.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-08-17 00:15:17

I was going to say this game looks fun, but I realized it's just going to be another hype train to destruction. What I mean is, all the fucking fans are going to hype it and say its awesome, meanwhile its just your average FPS game with nothing special. It's been the same game for years now. Not to mention, more little kids? Count me out.

I'm the holder of the self proclaimed 'Biggest Douchebag on the Forums' award.

PSN/360 name : BerZerKer 123, and my Steam

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-08-21 12:20:58

A few days I wasn't excited at all, the first trailer they released was alright, the crossbow was the best thing about it. I then watched the multiplayer trailer and that was cool. The thought of diving prone like an 80's action star looks fun and being able to record matches and edit them is also promising. Although, I still wasn't excited about it.

I then read some facts from interviews and shit and honestly, I'm starting to look forward to this quite a bit. Well I look forward to playing the mulitplayer. Personally, I didn't play MW2 a third of the time that I played MW. There were a lot of things I didn't like about it. Here are some of the things they've removed or added to the online.

1. No nuke after 25 kills - thank fuck for that.
2. Customizable appearance - that would be pretty cool to have.
3. Record matches and kills - sounds promising but I wonder if you'll be able to post them somewhere.
4. No shotguns or machine pistols as secondary weapons - I'm happy with that.
5. Smiley face red dot - the thought of customizing your weapons to the point your choosing which red dot you want, is interesting.
6. 2 years in development.

So yeah, it sounds interesting, although I haven't decided if I'm going to buy it on release or not. I think I'll wait for more footage and details before I even consider pre-ordering it or not.

Baby Britain.

Xbox Live Gamertag: JackFrustration - PSN: JackSawyer

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-08-21 13:10:26

Getting Modern Warfare 2 on release was pretty cool. Though there weren't very many kids who played it on PS3 like I did, it was kind of cool. Talking to other people at school about our favorite weapons, game modes, and ways to get a nuke. The other cool thing about getting a Call of Duty game on release, is that the online is the easiest it can be. Being able to get to rank 3 on my first match was a formidable ego boost.

If I get Black Ops, it'll be on release. I loved World at War more than I loved the first Modern Warfare, so I'm not concerned if it'll be good or not. That's a given. The question for me is, is it worth 60$? I don't have that kind of money for anything besides New Vegas, and my big brother doesn't play video games enough to buy the next Call of Duty.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-08-21 13:50:03

I think I might pre-order this, it does sounds pretty decent and if its similar to WaW which I expect it will be then I'm sure I'll like it.
The trailers all look good, although I'll admit CoD games have always had very simialr trailers that make it look as good as possible.

Still, I think I'll keep it after I buy it, not like with MW2.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-08-21 14:07:14

I do have my doubts about Black Ops, though I would like it to be known that I'll definitely be buying this game. I loved World at War, so here's hoping Treyarch does something spectacular with its next game.

THIS WORLD IS MADE OF LOVE AND PEACE!

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-08-21 15:35:31

I'm hearing the campaign is good and the multiplayer is removing some bullshit from MW2.

I'm getting the game from my aunt on release so I don't care, more good news.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-08-30 20:27:24

Thought I'd freshen the thread up with what little new info is left circulating about Black Ops.
So apparently Treyarch did an interview with "The Official Nintendo Magazine" (which is apparently different and legally distinct from "Nintendo Power"), where they heavily pumped up the Wii version of Black Ops. They very nearly confirmed that it will, like Call of Duty 4 before it, be identical in terms of content to it's PS3 / 360 / PC brethren.
They also dropped the world's most majorest hints that they're happily ditching the IW3 engine that powered the Wii versions of World at War and Modern Warfare (it was also very likely responsible for the framerate issues in the later), and have decided to build it from the ground up on an engine more suited to the Wii's limited hardware environment.
They bragged that the visuals will "blow you away", and that "you wont believe this is running on the Wii".
However, this brings up two very important question. Just which engine is being used, and how come, if the Wii version is in fact being taken seriously this time, Activision's own highly publicized GoldenEye is being released the very same week as Black Ops?
Let's talk about the engine, first. There seem to be three possible options. The first is that the game will be running on the same engine quietly powering the new GoldenEye title. From a business standpoint, it wouldn't be hard for Activision to get their hands on it and lend it to Treyarch, as they are obviously publishing the only known game it was used in. It's also very gorgeous; it can handle high poly-count models, renders textures well, and has purportedly fantastic performance, even in 4 player split screen mode. The second, less likely option is that they are using a licensed and modified version of High Voltage's Quantum3 engine, which powered The Conduit and the upcoming Conduit 2. It sports high poly-count models, fantastic lighting effects, and great water and particle effects, and great performance. However, the few leaked screens of Conduit 2's local multiplayer show it has pretty severe issues rendering 4 different screens at once. High Voltage even said that the engine was not used to it's full potential in The Conduit, and that they were also looking to license it out to anyone who was interested, so it's certainly an option. The third, and least likely option is that Treyarch is building a new engine from the ground up. This is unlikely do to the fact that Treyarch typically uses preexisting engines to power it's Call of Duty games .Call of Duty 3 on the Wii used the same engine and assets as the PS2 version, and World at War, Black Ops, and Modern Warfare Reflex all used modified IW3 engines, the same that first appeared in Infinity Ward's Call of Duty 4.
Now, about the conflicting release dates. If the Wii version of Black Ops releases as scheduled, it will directly compete with and cannibalize the sales of GoldenEye, and vice versa. My prediction is that the Wii version will get pushed back, either closer to Christmas or to Summer 2011. After all, if it's such a big production, there would be more prerelease screenshots, videos, trailers, and interviews than there is. They're also most likely not finished if their decision to switch engines was not managed well and ate up a lot of time.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-08-30 21:27:11

At 8/30/10 08:27 PM, Samen wrote: Thought I'd freshen the thread up with what little new info is left circulating about Black Ops.
So apparently Treyarch did an interview with "The Official Nintendo Magazine" (which is apparently different and legally distinct from "Nintendo Power"), where they heavily pumped up the Wii version of Black Ops. They very nearly confirmed that it will, like Call of Duty 4 before it, be identical in terms of content to it's PS3 / 360 / PC brethren.
They also dropped the world's most majorest hints that they're happily ditching the IW3 engine that powered the Wii versions of World at War and Modern Warfare (it was also very likely responsible for the framerate issues in the later), and have decided to build it from the ground up on an engine more suited to the Wii's limited hardware environment.
They bragged that the visuals will "blow you away", and that "you wont believe this is running on the Wii".
However, this brings up two very important question. Just which engine is being used, and how come, if the Wii version is in fact being taken seriously this time, Activision's own highly publicized GoldenEye is being released the very same week as Black Ops?
Let's talk about the engine, first. There seem to be three possible options. The first is that the game will be running on the same engine quietly powering the new GoldenEye title. From a business standpoint, it wouldn't be hard for Activision to get their hands on it and lend it to Treyarch, as they are obviously publishing the only known game it was used in. It's also very gorgeous; it can handle high poly-count models, renders textures well, and has purportedly fantastic performance, even in 4 player split screen mode. The second, less likely option is that they are using a licensed and modified version of High Voltage's Quantum3 engine, which powered The Conduit and the upcoming Conduit 2. It sports high poly-count models, fantastic lighting effects, and great water and particle effects, and great performance. However, the few leaked screens of Conduit 2's local multiplayer show it has pretty severe issues rendering 4 different screens at once. High Voltage even said that the engine was not used to it's full potential in The Conduit, and that they were also looking to license it out to anyone who was interested, so it's certainly an option. The third, and least likely option is that Treyarch is building a new engine from the ground up. This is unlikely do to the fact that Treyarch typically uses preexisting engines to power it's Call of Duty games .Call of Duty 3 on the Wii used the same engine and assets as the PS2 version, and World at War, Black Ops, and Modern Warfare Reflex all used modified IW3 engines, the same that first appeared in Infinity Ward's Call of Duty 4.
Now, about the conflicting release dates. If the Wii version of Black Ops releases as scheduled, it will directly compete with and cannibalize the sales of GoldenEye, and vice versa. My prediction is that the Wii version will get pushed back, either closer to Christmas or to Summer 2011. After all, if it's such a big production, there would be more prerelease screenshots, videos, trailers, and interviews than there is. They're also most likely not finished if their decision to switch engines was not managed well and ate up a lot of time.

Oh, and here's some relevant links that I totally maybe forgot about.
The original article on ONM
The Wikipedia page for the IW engine.
High Voltage Software's Wikipedia page (with a paragraph on the Quantum3 Engine)
Some examples of the Quantum3 Engine
And the new GoldenEye, for comparison.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-08-30 21:59:45

It looks so stupid.

/inb4theywereactuallyusedhereisthevidtop roveit

LOLOLOLOL OMG RCBKARRRRS AZZZZZZZZ A KS LOLOLOL DIS GAYM WELL SUXXXX

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-08-30 22:59:25

At 8/30/10 09:59 PM, kittehg0d wrote:

It looks so stupid.

/inb4theywereactuallyusedhereisthevidtop roveit
LOLOLOLOL OMG RCBKARRRRS AZZZZZZZZ A KS LOLOLOL DIS GAYM WELL SUXXXX

I love when people post thoughtful, well worded and insightful posts that are clearly backed by research and a firm understanding of the subject.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-08-30 23:07:48

The promise of making the Wii version just as good as the 360/PC/PS3 is surprising. I will truly be surprised if the visuals do in fact 'blow you away' on the Wii.

THIS WORLD IS MADE OF LOVE AND PEACE!

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-08-31 00:13:31

At 8/30/10 11:07 PM, Alfraydo wrote: The promise of making the Wii version just as good as the 360/PC/PS3 is surprising. I will truly be surprised if the visuals do in fact 'blow you away' on the Wii.

Well, I'm expecting to be relatively blown away.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-08-31 02:00:09

I'm wondering why 36Holla made this thread? We have had clans for all the previous cod games and now it's going to fucking break down to this thread...? The clans were pretty well designed... and with years, me and the other leaders of the clan had found ways to keep things simple... But how the fuck is this going to work?

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-08-31 03:05:16

At 8/31/10 02:00 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: I'm wondering why 36Holla made this thread? We have had clans for all the previous cod games and now it's going to fucking break down to this thread...? The clans were pretty well designed... and with years, me and the other leaders of the clan had found ways to keep things simple... But how the fuck is this going to work?

Um...we had this same thing for MW2, and there's no difference with this thread being a place in the VG forum for people to discuss the game. The clan is first of all in a separate forum and is supposed to be a place for people to organize games and give each other ranks and titles and things like that which we don't do so much here. You can keep your clan and all that so calm down guy.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-08-31 18:05:52

At 8/31/10 03:05 AM, 36Holla wrote:
At 8/31/10 02:00 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: I'm wondering why 36Holla made this thread? We have had clans for all the previous cod games and now it's going to fucking break down to this thread...? The clans were pretty well designed... and with years, me and the other leaders of the clan had found ways to keep things simple... But how the fuck is this going to work?
Um...we had this same thing for MW2, and there's no difference with this thread being a place in the VG forum for people to discuss the game. The clan is first of all in a separate forum and is supposed to be a place for people to organize games and give each other ranks and titles and things like that which we don't do so much here. You can keep your clan and all that so calm down guy.

Don't get fooled by all the f-words. I'm not angry, but you were a part of this clan thing we had. And you do know that we discuss the game aswell and not just organise matches.

You probably also know that the first clan I started for Call Of Duty 4 back when the game was released, was created before the Video Games Forum was. So back then, it was no big deal, but now... this is just making two different threads for very similar purposes. While you guys don't have ranks and stuff, you still discuss the game as we do.

So em, I'm just wondering what I should do. The guys from the clan are asking me to create the next one for Black Ops. Maybe you could pay us a little visit in the MW clan, just so we could discuss the different options.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-08-31 20:04:48

At 8/31/10 06:05 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 8/31/10 03:05 AM, 36Holla wrote:
Don't get fooled by all the f-words. I'm not angry, but you were a part of this clan thing we had. And you do know that we discuss the game aswell and not just organise matches.

The primary difference is that "Official" threads on the VG forum are used as data dumps for prerelease info and speculation, but die off once the game is released beyond a few weeks of discussion.
The Clan is usually made after the release of the game for discussion and community planning.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-09-02 09:15:25

So anyway multiplayer reveal last night that I totally slept through, what did I miss? Can someone give youtube links plz?

Already saw http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh0hGb2RU A0&feature=sub

gun game!
GUN GAME!
GUN
FUCKING
GAME!

BBS Signature