00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

scopsilk just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official Call of Duty 7 Thread

11,738 Views | 134 Replies

Official Call of Duty 7 Thread 2009-11-13 00:18:52

Figured I'd start this now, as Modern Warfare 2 is out and I'm noticing more threads about it popping up.
This may be a little early, but, then again, so am I, most of the time. ;3

Here's the hizzy:
If inductive reasoning is worth anything, we can expect it out for the Fall / Winter season of 2010. Also, by this logic, it is approximately half way through development.
As far as we know, there are no concrete plot details, trailers, or ingame videos floating around at this point. What we DO know is that it is definitely in development, is being made by Treyarch, and is set primarily in South East Asia or the Koreas. However, it will also probably feature campaigns relating to the Cold War and The Cuban Missile Crisis.
It will most likely have a Korean War, Cold War (that means the Russian / Afghanistan War, too) and / or Vietman War setting.
Call of Duty 7 is the working title, but it will most likely change at a later date.
Considering Treyarch's past actions, there will likely not be a Mac version.

Here's my two cents:
Judging by Treyarch's Call of Duty Philosophy, which seems to be "make whatever Infinity Ward did before you, but amp up the intensity by whatever means necessary".
After Call of Duty 2, 3 came around, and basically offered the same thing but longer, with better graphics, and with more developed relationships with your squadmates.
After Call of Duty 4 came out, World at War offered slightly bumped up graphics, a longer storyline, Nazi Zombies, and a darker, less jokey atmosphere to try to stand up to Modern Warfare's cinematic presentation.
Now, with Modern Warfare 2 giving us a high octane plot filed with more diabolical characters and plot twists then there are curves in a can of silly string, and enough wild explosions and fight sequences to make Duke Nukem blush, I expect Call of Duty 6 to try and be even MORE extreme, but still feel very samey to World at War and the Russian segments of Modern Warfare, just with slightly different colored Asians.

Home Reference:
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/callof duty7workingtitle/news.html?sid=6239258&
om_act=convert&om_clk=newsfeatures&tag=n ewsfeatures;title;1

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6209640.htm l
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6209135.htm l

Response to Official Call of Duty 7 Thread 2009-11-13 00:22:53

How the hell can there be a 7th if a 5th and 6th doesn't exist?

BBS Signature

Response to Official Call of Duty 7 Thread 2009-11-13 00:25:49

At 11/13/09 12:22 AM, Yacazuma wrote: How the hell can there be a 7th if a 5th and 6th doesn't exist?

They're tentatively calling it Call of Duty: 7 because World at War and ModernWarfare 2 were the fifth and sixth major installments in the series, making this game the 7th.

Response to Official Call of Duty 7 Thread 2009-11-13 01:01:12

At 11/13/09 12:57 AM, Grubby wrote: Korean War??

OH BOY I CANT WAIT FOR THAT

Hell, 70% of America doesn't even know what the Korean War was about, and even most modern Americans don't know which side is communist and capitalist.

SOUTH KOREA ARE THE "GOOD GUYS"

I now about the war, but only from watching M*A*S*H and last year's media scare over North Korea. :S
Basically we jumped in to back the South because the North was being backed by Russia and it was the only way for us to fight the Ruskies, if only indirectly.
Right?

Response to Official Call of Duty 7 Thread 2009-11-13 01:50:28

Way to completely miss the title, it's called "Modern Warfare: Guerilla Warfare".

Maybe you want to look for official titles next time?

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Call of Duty 7 Thread 2009-11-13 01:55:04

At 11/13/09 01:50 AM, H-A-X-O-R-Z wrote: Way to completely miss the title, it's called "Modern Warfare: Guerilla Warfare".

Maybe you want to look for official titles next time?

Google showed up nothing, so until you can find me a link you suck the cawk.

Response to Official Call of Duty 7 Thread 2009-11-13 03:28:25

I would like it if it was the Korean War. It would be quite interesting. As Treyarch take a darker approach to the stories, this could be very interesting. I'm going to pay more attention to info about this game.

I'm on Last.fm!

Also, I used to be YeOldeSierra. Now I'm just Sierra :3

Response to Official Call of Duty 7 Thread 2009-11-13 03:36:59

At 11/13/09 03:28 AM, YeOldeSierra wrote: I would like it if it was the Korean War. It would be quite interesting. As Treyarch take a darker approach to the stories, this could be very interesting. I'm going to pay more attention to info about this game.

Unfortunately, it looks like it's shaping up to take place a little later than that. With the hints they've dropped over a Russian campaign, it seems likely that the game will be Cold War oriented, with only some time spent in South East Asia, most likely.

Alas, we can't get everything we want from every release. Personally, I'd poop my pants if we got a Call of Duty centralized around the Vietnam War, but it seems like that wont be happening this time around.

Response to Official Call of Duty 7 Thread 2009-11-13 04:22:55

At 11/13/09 12:25 AM, Samen wrote: They're tentatively calling it Call of Duty: 7 because World at War and ModernWarfare 2 were the fifth and sixth major installments in the series, making this game the 7th.

I don't agree with that. For starters it actually has a name, although I forget what it is. H-A-X-O-R-Z mentioned it a few posts back.

Also, going by that logic, GTA Vice City would be GTA IV, GTA San Andreas would be GTA V, GTA IV would be GTA VI.

I just think it's wrong to be calling games COD 5, 6 & 7 when that is clearly not their given title.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Call of Duty 7 Thread 2009-11-13 04:59:01

The problem with the Korean War is that it wouldn't make for a good ending, would it? Nothing was really accomplished.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Call of Duty 7 Thread 2009-11-13 12:33:14

At 11/13/09 04:22 AM, GodsBitch wrote:
At 11/13/09 12:25 AM, Samen wrote: They're tentatively calling it Call of Duty: 7 because World at War and ModernWarfare 2 were the fifth and sixth major installments in the series, making this game the 7th.
I don't agree with that. For starters it actually has a name, although I forget what it is. H-A-X-O-R-Z mentioned it a few posts back.

Also, going by that logic, GTA Vice City would be GTA IV, GTA San Andreas would be GTA V, GTA IV would be GTA VI.

I just think it's wrong to be calling games COD 5, 6 & 7 when that is clearly not their given title.

The first working title of CoD:MW2 was CoD 6, as was CoD: Guerilla Warfare.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_of_dut y_7#Call_of_Duty_7

I appear to be half-mistaken though, as it says it "May" be called Guerilla warfare.

You forgot GTA: London.

GTA Vice City and San Andreas were expansions

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Call of Duty 7 Thread 2009-11-13 15:33:44

I feel that Treyarch is making this game to steal the hype of MW2 and bring people back to them, same with W@W.

I bet they are going to steal the game engine, and try to push it up a notch in graphics and explosions, but that doesn't seem possible. How can you turn up the volume on an amp that is already at 11?

No matter what your weaknesses are, make sure your own abilities supersede them.

Response to Official Call of Duty 7 Thread 2009-11-13 17:24:13

At 11/13/09 12:57 AM, Grubby wrote: Hell, 70% of America doesn't even know what the Korean War was about, and even most modern Americans don't know which side is communist and capitalist.

SOUTH KOREA ARE THE "GOOD GUYS"

Thank god some people know what it's about. The Forgotten War. So we'll be fighting possibly Soviets and Chinese? And is there a level where we get to be Truman and kick MacArthur's ass to the curb!?

Keepin' Calm and Chiving On

*clickable siggy*

BBS Signature

Response to Official Call of Duty 7 Thread 2009-11-13 17:32:53

At 11/13/09 03:33 PM, CompleteDouche wrote: I bet they are going to steal the game engine, and try to push it up a notch in graphics and explosions,
but that doesn't seem possible. How can you turn up the volume on an amp that is already at 11?

They were able to do it last time with WaW. The graphics were improved on in it. Treyarch's games have always had better graphics IMO. CoD3 > CoD2, WaW > MW. I actually feel that WaW had better graphics than MW2 has, though they're all perfectly good. And yes, I know CoD3 was newer than 2.

Treyarch's stories aren't as cinematic. They seem to be more gritty and brutal, with more violence than set pieces. Though, MW2 has both violence and set pieces. Either way I look forward to the game.

I'm on Last.fm!

Also, I used to be YeOldeSierra. Now I'm just Sierra :3

Response to Official Call of Duty 7 Thread 2009-11-13 18:06:59

There needs to be a Call of Duty: Vietnam game.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Call of Duty 7 Thread 2009-11-13 18:14:31

needs to be in space otherwise dont bother

my 3rd every photoshop below

BBS Signature

Response to Official Call of Duty 7 Thread 2009-11-13 18:15:55

At 11/13/09 05:32 PM, YeOldeSierra wrote:
They were able to do it last time with WaW.

How, just about the graphics, or how well it sold?

Because MW beats WAW by 3 Million Copies, I think 2 out sold 3 as well.

No matter what your weaknesses are, make sure your own abilities supersede them.

Response to Official Call of Duty 7 Thread 2009-11-13 20:08:50

At 11/13/09 04:22 AM, GodsBitch wrote:

The other games you're talking about (United Offensive, Big Red One, Finest Hour, WaW Final Fronts, MW DS, WaW DS, and MW Mobilized) were all either expansion packs or companion games. This will still be the seventh major installment, but it's title at release probably wont be "Call of Duty: 7", since that's just the working title.
In case you were unfamiliar with the term.

Response to Official Call of Duty 7 Thread 2009-11-13 20:16:26

At 11/13/09 06:15 PM, CompleteDouche wrote:
At 11/13/09 05:32 PM, YeOldeSierra wrote:
They were able to do it last time with WaW.
How, just about the graphics, or how well it sold?

Because MW beats WAW by 3 Million Copies, I think 2 out sold 3 as well.

No one was talking about sales. Both you and YeOldeSierra were discussing graphics in your original posts.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Call of Duty 7 Thread 2009-11-13 20:38:10

At 11/13/09 04:22 AM, GodsBitch wrote: Also, going by that logic, GTA Vice City would be GTA IV, GTA San Andreas would be GTA V, GTA IV would be GTA VI.

It just depends on who the company is, Activision are known for their confusing timelines, with Guitar Hero World Tour being the 4th installment too.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Official Call of Duty 7 Thread 2009-11-13 21:55:45

At 11/13/09 12:22 AM, Yacazuma wrote: How the hell can there be a 7th if a 5th and 6th doesn't exist?

Also let it be known that I am a nitpicking shitbag.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Call of Duty 7 Thread 2009-11-14 06:33:33

At 11/13/09 12:33 PM, H-A-X-O-R-Z wrote:
You forgot GTA: London.

That was an expansion.

GTA Vice City and San Andreas were expansions

No they were not.

Response to Official Call of Duty 7 Thread 2009-11-14 06:44:25

They definitely need to make a COD: Vietnam, remember the level "Hard Landing" for WAW. (I think that level), that seemed like Vietnam in the beginning of it.

I'm not going to buy a modern warfare3 because that is just dumb, especially if it comes out within 1 year.

I twittered that I made a facebook and digged it on myspace and gaia online then on my iphone app.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Call of Duty 7 Thread 2009-11-15 23:28:42

At 11/15/09 10:50 PM, bobobo22 wrote: Well in treyarch's defense you can't really make a story when you do a war in the past. We will always know the outcome and there are limits for what can be done. Where as iw can do whatever they want to in mw 2 its there own world now they no longer have binds and can do anything they want.

Well, considering Infinity Ward also did 1 and 2, which were set in WWII, and were considered better than 3 and World at War, which were made by Treyarch, I don't really see where you're coming from.

Response to Official Call of Duty 7 Thread 2009-11-15 23:36:21

5= World at War
6+ Modern Warfare 2

Response to Official Call of Duty 7 Thread 2009-11-16 02:36:21

At 11/16/09 12:21 AM, Aci6 wrote: They're going back again? Oh dear...

Not quite as far this time, it seems. Only about 40 or 50 years. :P

Response to Official Call of Duty 7 Thread 2009-11-16 15:17:06

At 11/13/09 12:57 AM, Grubby wrote:
Seeing how Call of Duty 4 basically educated 97% of America's teenagers about the names of guns for the first time, a game based on the Korean War would HIGHLY educate everyone for the greater good.

I concur greatly.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to Official Call of Duty 7 Thread 2009-11-16 19:15:17

Your joking right? RIGHT!?

Dude.. World at War, is the 5th, Modern warfare 2 - 6th..

CoD: 7 probaly will have a subtitle too.

PSN: Mazzoo969

Sig by Asandir. Awesome Band!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Call of Duty 7 Thread 2009-11-16 20:06:25

What confuses me is this.

Activison has Guitar Hero 3, and Guitar Hero: World Tour, and then releases Guitar Hero 5.

But then we have Call of Duty 4, World at War, and Modern Warfare 2. But there's no direct installment number.

Response to Official Call of Duty 7 Thread 2009-11-16 21:03:47

7?!!!

List of only games that should go past 3= Mario Games, Zelda Games, and FF Games.

"Chuch Norris can't think of me without dying." - Ben

BBS Signature