00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

cosoden just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official Cod Black Ops Thread.

127,695 Views | 2,038 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-08-08 21:45:29

At 8/8/10 08:33 PM, Deafcon wrote: Now, this article is a bit old,

Oh man, now if only HALF of that were true... I'd be the happiest clam in all the tide pool. C:

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-08-08 23:36:46

At 8/8/10 09:45 PM, Samen wrote:
Oh man, now if only HALF of that were true... I'd be the happiest clam in all the tide pool. C:

I agree. If even only some of these things are true and are confirmed after release. I will get black ops indefinatly.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-08-09 00:41:16

Exactly what I'm thinking. I remember seeing an early look at World at War's multiplayer, and most of the stuff I read was false.

>

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-08-09 00:48:41

At 8/9/10 12:41 AM, Deafcon wrote:
Exactly what I'm thinking. I remember seeing an early look at World at War's multiplayer, and most of the stuff I read was false.

Yeah, that's always the rumor mill risk. But I mean, that list... It takes out everything that MW2 messed up about MW's multiplayer, while keeping the best parts of both.
I WANT TO BELIEEEEEEVE

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-08-09 00:53:12

At 8/9/10 12:48 AM, Samen wrote: But I mean, that list... It takes out everything that MW2 messed up about MW's multiplayer, while keeping the best parts of both.

I do think that having custom killstreaks for each class would be good, though. Also at the same time I'm thinking that it could get tedious changing them for every class...

>

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-08-09 01:50:03

I don't know. It seems Treyarch has a history of disappointing. In my opinion, they're just milking the CoD title. Nothing innovative has been brought into the series and it doesn't really add anything new to the FPS genre. Just another shooter. I think Call of Duty 2 had a great campaign and Call of Duty 4 had a great multiplayer. However, there is nothing that remarkable about this series.

Also, am I the only one who thinks Treyarch should just make a full zombie game? I'd definitely buy that!

The average person has only one testicle.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-08-09 03:05:29

At 8/9/10 01:50 AM, MrFlopz wrote: I don't know. It seems Treyarch has a history of disappointing. In my opinion, they're just milking the CoD title. Nothing innovative has been brought into the series and it doesn't really add anything new to the FPS genre. Just another shooter. I think Call of Duty 2 had a great campaign and Call of Duty 4 had a great multiplayer. However, there is nothing that remarkable about this series.

Normally I'd agree, but what you have to understand is that Treyarch is all about business, and from a business perspective, it's incredibly important that now more than ever they stand and deliver.
Activision wants the Call of Duty name to survive untarnished moreso than their own children, and they realize that they're loosing their core nerd fanbase. They don't want this to happen because no game has ever truly succeeded beyond Maden with that fanbase demographic removed. They need people who will get excited and chatter about a game, who will tell their friends all the juicy details months before the release date is even announced. They're banking on us to make this game a mega hit, and after the IW shakeup everyone from the heads of Activision to the least - involved gamer dork is to say the least uncertain about the future of Call of Duty. THAT'S why they have to make this game stand out, make it not just a critical sales success but a classic title that will keep the franchise strong and the fans loyal.
For you see, to put it in the most theatrical and cornball way possible, this time they're not just earning sales, they're earning respect.

But it's cool, because consumer respect manifests itself as long terms sales figures, so they're still greedy motherfuckers. :D

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-08-09 14:05:11

I'm thoroughly impressed with the multiplayer trailer, still skeptical though because I'm curious if they can stop it from going down the same path as the MW2 multiplayer.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-08-09 14:08:08

At 8/9/10 02:05 PM, Fezz wrote: I'm thoroughly impressed with the multiplayer trailer, still skeptical though because I'm curious if they can stop it from going down the same path as the MW2 multiplayer.

Yeah, I too am worried as to whether or not there'll be a slightly overpowered weapon, or a game breaking glitch that can be abused.
But, didn't Treyarch say they wanted to make it finely balanced? Like, improve on what MW2 failed to do. In this case, balance.

Come on in, be a guy, pull up a chair!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-08-09 14:12:07

Here is the link and some details regarding the new trailer.

New Multiplayer Teaser Trailer.

Some very notable things included such as cameras to see where in a room an enemy is, exploding RC cars, crossbows with exploding bolts, a ballistic knife and being able to stab someone with two knives.

Oh yeah and you can save replays of matches or specific moments of them.

Very interesting stuff as well as some older stuff. Care packages and extra points for things like buzz kill and first blood are staying in as well.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-08-09 14:35:30

This is what I first saw when I loaded up the video. I was like "whoaojavsv". Then I realized it was Red Faction...

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-08-09 14:45:25

Anyone agree that these callsigns look better than Modern Warfare 2's? I think they look cleaner and... cool...er?

This actually looks almost too much like Modern Warfare 2 though. I also think these RC Cars were a terrible idea. The cameras even seem kind of stupid.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-08-09 14:50:35

Care packages, sticky grenades and RC cars? Oh dear...

PSN ID + Xbox Live GT : ShadowWestNG | Steam : ShadowWest | Sig made by: ParadoxVoid <3

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-08-09 14:53:46

Oh, and no recoil assault rifles and random-free-kill-missiles?

I hate to say this, but I think this game could almost be as bad as MW2.

PSN ID + Xbox Live GT : ShadowWestNG | Steam : ShadowWest | Sig made by: ParadoxVoid <3

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-08-09 16:20:09

Now that the online footage has come out, I'm a bit sad to say that I'm a little more skeptical on whether or not the multiplayer will be fun.

I thought the remote controlled cars were cool and I like the idea of those recording cameras, but the weapons so far really don't have much recoil and killstreaks/care packages are still there.

The FAMAS is full auto like it is in real life and actually has recoil now, which is good, but the rifle at the start's and the SIG's look very manageable, which is very bad unless they're extremely weak. I also noticed a Steyr AUG A1 and an MP5K prototype in there, but I couldn't see them shooting. The L96 Arctic Warfare sniper rifle seems fine.

I also noticed a ballistic knife as well as two knives at once, which is cool as well. The crossbow also caught my eye, and I saw that it's a secondary weapon. I hope the guy just picked it up off of a corpse, because I definitely don't want any secondary weapons other than pistols.

The first map they were playing on had a little scripted event of its own (i.e. the big rocket launching), which is very nice to see, and the graphics look like the best in any CoD yet, which is good too.

But still. Killstreaks are still there and most of the weapons so far don't have much recoil. I sincerely hope that perks, or at least Stopping Power, aren't in Black Ops.

Who am I kidding, though? I'm probably going to get it regardless.

It ain't easy being cheesey.

Backloggd account | Letterboxd account

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-08-09 16:40:09

At 8/9/10 04:20 PM, IrishGun wrote: Now that the online footage has come out, I'm a bit sad to say that I'm a little more skeptical on whether or not the multiplayer will be fun.

I thought the remote controlled cars were cool and I like the idea of those recording cameras, but the weapons so far really don't have much recoil and killstreaks/care packages are still there.
The FAMAS is full auto like it is in real life and actually has recoil now, which is good, but the rifle at the start's and the SIG's look very manageable, which is very bad unless they're extremely weak. I also noticed a Steyr AUG A1 and an MP5K prototype in there, but I couldn't see them shooting. The L96 Arctic Warfare sniper rifle seems fine.

I also noticed a ballistic knife as well as two knives at once, which is cool as well. The crossbow also caught my eye, and I saw that it's a secondary weapon. I hope the guy just picked it up off of a corpse, because I definitely don't want any secondary weapons other than pistols.

The first map they were playing on had a little scripted event of its own (i.e. the big rocket launching), which is very nice to see, and the graphics look like the best in any CoD yet, which is good too.

But still. Killstreaks are still there and most of the weapons so far don't have much recoil. I sincerely hope that perks, or at least Stopping Power, aren't in Black Ops.

Who am I kidding, though? I'm probably going to get it regardless.

dude, even call of duty 4 had killstreaks and the weapons also had no recoil, do you remember in what speed you could fire the Barret(its a fucking Barret) yet the game was still fun. also about the crossbow a doubt that treyach would do such a stupid thing as put it as secondary weapon maybe
the 2 primary weapons perk is back or like you said that guy just stole it. and about the perks i heard that they are going to put only two perk slots this might mean that there will be no more cheap kill perks like last stand and commando(also that perk is away for sure).

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-08-09 16:51:24

At 8/9/10 04:40 PM, killer32 wrote: call of duty 4 - weapons also had no recoil

I think you're mixing up CoD4 with MW2 there, buddy.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-08-09 16:52:37

At 8/9/10 04:40 PM, killer32 wrote: dude, even call of duty 4 had killstreaks and the weapons also had no recoil,

Quite a few of them did.

do you remember in what speed you could fire the Barret(its a fucking Barret)

Yes, I do. What's your point? Its firing rate was knocked back by the kick from each time you fired it.

If you wanted to fire it as fast as you could, chances are you'd miss every shot.

yet the game was still fun.

For a while, sure.

and about the perks i heard that they are going to put only two perk slots

I heard something like that, only that you select two perks and the third one is determined by them.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-08-09 16:54:39

At 8/9/10 02:35 PM, Makeshift wrote: This is what I first saw when I loaded up the video. I was like "whoaojavsv". Then I realized it was Red Faction...

With Treyarch, I wouldn't be suprised.

Of course IW would have to do similar thing first.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-08-09 17:01:21

I know it's only a teaser trailer and all, but the lack of gore disappoints me :(

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-08-09 17:02:19

Here's what I've spotted... 0:04 - Camera view in top left, in what appears
to be thermal vision.
0:11 - Said camera in view
0:25 - Crossbow
0:29 - Crossbow features an exploding dart
0:32 - Ballistic knife 0:34 - Dual knifes
0:37 - FUCKING ACTION ROLL
0:56 - RC Car
1:00 - It explodes
0:09 - ? Remote guided missles?
1:16 - Full MP reveal September 1st 1:18 - Match Playback feature
1:21 - ? Mild gibs? - More on the camera,
menubar can be seen.
1:24 - Video saving features seen, can select
individual clips to save as one video.
1:24 - ? Map is called Launch?

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-08-09 17:07:09

Dear christ ShadowWest wtf.

You've seen about 1 minute of pre beta gameplay and you already pass it off as bad?

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-08-09 17:26:05

So I want to know right now, because I haven't gotten a clean answer. DO YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR ONLINE?!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-08-09 17:29:20

At 8/9/10 05:02 PM, H-A-X-O-R-Z wrote: Here's what I've spotted...

All the obvious shit...

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-08-09 17:30:05

At 8/9/10 05:26 PM, SloppyMoe606 wrote: DO YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR ONLINE?!

Nah, Treyarch said no to that a while ago.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-08-09 17:34:36

At 8/9/10 05:07 PM, H-A-X-O-R-Z wrote: You've seen about 1 minute of pre beta gameplay and you already pass it off as bad?

If you've played MW2 as much as me, then I'm sure you'd share my concerns.

I'm not saying it's as bad as MW2 by any means, but the features we've seen so far remind me a bit too much of it.

Like I said, I'll wait for the full MP reveal, then I'll give a proper prediction.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-08-09 21:40:51

At 8/9/10 09:21 PM, MrPercie wrote: Also for any Counter strike fans theyll probably be happy to know the last sniper you see in the game is the AWP

I came.

As for the game as a whole, I'm not excited since I didn't like the multiplayer of MW2 because the Xbox community ruined it and I can see them ruining this. I will say the trailer did impress me alot but it does seem alot like MW2 which puts worries in my gut. Hopefully they will balance the game unlike MW2.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-08-09 21:51:51

From what i saw in that trailer. I can assume that shotguns are no longer available as secondaries (FUCK YEAH). But i saw an RPG on somebodies back which means that launchers, pistols and maybe even the crossbow will become secondary weapons.

Which is all fine and dandy for me.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-08-10 10:42:48

Saw that MP trailer. I saw an L96 or something very similar. That rifle kicks arse. Dunno if I'll be getting this one though due to the whole thing with MW2.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-08-10 10:50:49

At 8/10/10 10:42 AM, BobbaQ wrote: Dunno if I'll be getting this one though due to the whole thing with MW2.

But this game has a different developer...

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature