00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

akmoreth just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official Cod Black Ops Thread.

127,889 Views | 2,038 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-20 00:58:14

Also, the Franchi Spas 12 was around back then?

The game supposedly takes place between Vietnam and the Cold War, around that time, so seeing as how it was made in 79, yes.

GT: Danul454

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-20 01:20:01

At 5/20/10 12:58 AM, Toki911 wrote:
Also, the Franchi Spas 12 was around back then?
The game supposedly takes place between Vietnam and the Cold War, around that time, so seeing as how it was made in 79, yes.

Supposedly there's one assault rifle that shows up out of place in time in one of the trailers. I can't remember which one exactly, though.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-20 02:17:56

I won't be picking this up after Infinity Ward got the boot. Sorry, but I'm loyal to my game developers.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-20 09:08:25

At 5/20/10 02:17 AM, Stoicish wrote: I won't be picking this up after Infinity Ward got the boot. Sorry, but I'm loyal to my game developers.

But this one is made by Treyarch, who did Call of Duty: World at War, Call of Duty 3, Call of Duty 2: Big Red One... it's not like they are new to the franchise. They've been going back and forth with Infinity Ward for awhile, so they would have made this one regardless of what happened with Infinity Ward.

Also, are you the type that refuses to play Fallout3 because it wasn't made by the original developer?

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-20 20:27:32

Just had a thought: if the campaign spans events from several decades, will multiplayer follow suit or just settle for one particular time period? Maybe this could mean different weapon/killstreak sets per map, and if so, can they do a good job of making each of these weapon/killstreak sets (a), balanced and (b), fun?

///THREE///TWO///ONE///ZERO///

The Chemical Brothers Vs. The Beastie Boys - Intergalactic Dust We Trust

Sig of win courtesy of InsertFunnyUserName.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-20 21:30:31

At 5/20/10 08:27 PM, Black-Ops wrote: Just had a thought: if the campaign spans events from several decades, will multiplayer follow suit or just settle for one particular time period? Maybe this could mean different weapon/killstreak sets per map, and if so, can they do a good job of making each of these weapon/killstreak sets (a), balanced and (b), fun?

Good question. I'm sure all weapons and killstreaks will be there at the same time, and that they'll balance out all the guns to make it fair, despite there being guns from late 20th century and possibly guns from WWI and II. Hell, MW2 had double-barrelled shotguns, and a lever-action shotgun that should be extinct on battlefields across the world. They don't need to be precise on making sure the best guns happen to have been the best in real life as well.

The M4 carbine in real life swamps the outdated AK47 in all aspects except for sheer stopping power (at least at short-medium range), but they still made the guns balanced in MW2.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-20 22:20:52

Hm, any guesses what guns are gonna be in the game?

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-20 23:11:24

At 5/20/10 02:17 AM, Stoicish wrote: I won't be picking this up after Infinity Ward got the boot. Sorry, but I'm loyal to my game developers.

Preachy, self righteous douchebaggery aside, I'm buying this game for the exact opposite reason. I wanna see what Treyarch does, this is really their make or break moment.
This is Activision's big chance to show they no longer need IW, to show they can still create good Call of Duty games, their final "fuck you" to a development staff that, for however talented they were, never got along with upper-management from the very start.

And hell, Treyarch has a pretty good track record, too. Big Red 1 and World at War were both great games, and they even managed to squeeze out Spiderman 2, one of best licensed titles of all time.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-21 00:00:57

At 5/20/10 11:11 PM, Samen wrote: and they even managed to squeeze out Spiderman 2, one of best licensed titles of all time.

They made Spiderman 2, the second best licensed game of all time? You learn something new every day.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-21 00:30:29

At 5/21/10 12:00 AM, Gustavos wrote:
At 5/20/10 11:11 PM, Samen wrote: and they even managed to squeeze out Spiderman 2, one of best licensed titles of all time.
They made Spiderman 2, the second best licensed game of all time? You learn something new every day.

Second best? Which one's the first? The only other good one that comes to mind (and was also based off of a movie) is Wolverine: Origins.
But yeah, I saw it on their website once. I'll double check though...

Yeah, it was them. They've actually done a bunch of Spiderman titles.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-21 16:45:57

killstreak

Ugh just get rid of this killstreak bullshit entirely.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-21 17:03:14

At 5/20/10 12:50 AM, Gustavos wrote:
At 5/19/10 04:56 PM, ZOMGALIENS wrote: Your character actually talks?
That's not proven.

In my Xbox magazine they previewed the game and said that your character talks.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-21 17:04:15

I see a man that bears a striking resemblance to Price

Then I jizzed in my pants

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-21 18:08:13

At 5/21/10 04:45 PM, Jackho wrote:
killstreak
Ugh just get rid of this killstreak bullshit entirely.

This.
Although its never gonna happen because of all the noobs who jizz themselves over predator missiles.

Zune Social ID : Daboyzofwexford/ AVA ID : Tehcamper

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-21 18:31:48

Would it be tacky of me if I started calling this game Call of Duty: Black Oks?

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-21 23:25:20

Okay, I'll finally admit it. This game looks good.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-22 01:10:36

At 5/21/10 06:31 PM, Jercurpac wrote: Would it be tacky of me if I started calling this game Call of Duty: Black Oks?

Black Oxe?

Official Cod Black Ops Thread.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-22 01:37:20

At 5/21/10 06:31 PM, Jercurpac wrote: Would it be tacky of me if I started calling this game Call of Duty: Black Oks?

Oh i see what you did there.

Black-Oks = Black Cocks.

I'm the holder of the self proclaimed 'Biggest Douchebag on the Forums' award.

PSN/360 name : BerZerKer 123, and my Steam

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-22 09:32:06

At 5/22/10 01:37 AM, explodingbunnies wrote:
Black-Oks = Black Cocks.

ORLY?

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-27 01:33:34

At 5/24/10 02:22 AM, Grubby wrote: Also putting less emphasis on killstreaks and all these secondary assets would increase the competitive skill requirements in the game. I'm hoping Black Ops will make Call of Duty an enduring franchise.

You know what would make online awesome again? BRING BACK ONLINE SPLITSCREEN. >:0

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-27 02:20:53

i can tell already this is going to be a better game than bad company 2

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-27 07:01:17

My opinion on the game is that it came too fast after MW2. I had a crappy taste from it when I saw the first trailer. I do understand that most of the COD games are pure awesome, but still this one came too fast as if it could be just a ''milking cow'', trying to catch some extra money on top of MW2.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-27 13:08:37

At 5/27/10 07:01 AM, Brokenghost wrote: My opinion on the game is that it came too fast after MW2. I had a crappy taste from it when I saw the first trailer. I do understand that most of the COD games are pure awesome, but still this one came too fast as if it could be just a ''milking cow'', trying to catch some extra money on top of MW2.

Tell that to Bobby Kotick

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-27 14:43:43

When is this being released? I might pick it up because I like Treyarch much more then Infinity Ward. As long as they don't royally fuck up with multiplayer and keep killstreaks to a minimum I will probably enjoy it.

Thnx for the sig ParadoxVoid

i look like a ballplaya

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-27 14:54:20

At 5/27/10 02:43 PM, Shnam wrote: When is this being released? I might pick it up because I like Treyarch much more then Infinity Ward. As long as they don't royally fuck up with multiplayer and keep killstreaks to a minimum I will probably enjoy it.

Did you read any of the original post? Not to be an asshole but it's listed right there. Anyway, it is releasing on November 9th, 2010.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-28 17:17:39

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-28 20:18:25

At 5/28/10 05:17 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: http://psxuk.blogspot.com/2010/05/call-o f-duty-black-ops-magazine-scans.html

Pure sex, Treyarch is definitely putting a lot of effort into the game.
It'll be interesting to see how the split timeline works out storywise, and whether or not they'll be interconnected like the brief intro mission in BC: 2.
I'd rather they didn't try and cram any scifi / soft science time travel bull into it, though. I'm perfectly fine with just jumping between two or more characters. In fact, that's kind of a series staple, isn't it?
And speaking of which, how many different points in time will we visit? They've exclusively shown us two so far, and if it is just two, I'd expect them to be intimately related to each other.

Also, damn you Russian alphabet! Damn you and your non-latin roots to hell! >:O

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-28 20:27:42

At 5/28/10 05:17 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: http://psxuk.blogspot.com/2010/05/call-o f-duty-black-ops-magazine-scans.html

Oh, and looky what I found!
http://kotaku.com/5550226/the-latest-cal l-of-duty-explores-the-bloody-birth-of-s pecial-forces

It's most likely got all the same info, a brief rundown of the two currently playable levels (and the source of all are current screenshots of the game).
Mostly the same screens as the Russian link, but there's a couple new ones there, as well.
I just pooped my pants.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-29 06:27:11

I'm really looking forward to this game. It has the potential to be a mixture of Modern Warfare and World at War, as it occurs between the two eras. As long as Treyarch have the sense to keep the MP44 in the game, I'm gonna be ecstatic. Even if they don't I imagine I'll enjoy this game a lot. There are some great looking things in it, but Treyarch have a lot of work to do in order to prevent the disappointment of many gamers. MW2 was well enough received, but a lot of people are looking for the next CoD experience. On top of this, there's the problem of Infinity Ward and the lawsuits that have been filed by Activision. The company is basically a weakened version of itself now, and Treyarch need to make this game the best it can be in order to ensure the franchise survives. And TBH, I believe they can do it.

Treyarch made a very solid game in the form of World at War, and they did a superb job of working with the community after the release of the game. Not to be unfair, but there was a glitch in Overgrown that was not fixed across the entire time Call of Duty 4 was IW's main game. When Treyarch released the Reflex edition for Wii, they had the flaw fixed in less than a month. Strange, isn't it? Treyarch patched the majority of glitches in their game as soon as they possibly could, and while they didn't necessarily patch the MP40, it can still be countered by near enough every weapon. Plus, their Nazi Zombies mode was a great idea, and the fact they put so much work into the story of it shows that Treyarch have a really deep understanding of what they plan to achieve, or they know what they're sending out to their fans.

Additionally, the GKNOVA6 stuff is extremely good marketing. I'm incredibly surprised that they would go so deep into marketing for the game, and make it such a major part of the experience.

Yes, shoot me. I sound like a Treyarch fanboy. I don't give a damn. I like Infinity Ward. I like Treyarch. If they keep making decent FPS games, I'll continue to like them as companies.

I'm on Last.fm!

Also, I used to be YeOldeSierra. Now I'm just Sierra :3

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-30 23:44:58

At 5/29/10 06:27 AM, YeOldeSierra wrote: I'm really looking forward to this game. It has the potential to be a mixture of Modern Warfare and World at War, as it occurs between the two eras. As long as Treyarch have the sense to keep the MP44 in the game,

The MP40? You mean the submachine gun owned by Nazi Germany? Seeing as how they kept their heads down after WWII, I highly doubt we'll be seeing it again. But hey, the Americans had the M16 and the Russians had AKs. What more could you want?

I'm gonna be ecstatic. Even if they don't I imagine I'll enjoy this game a lot. There are some great looking things in it, but Treyarch have a lot of work to do in order to prevent the disappointment of many gamers. MW2 was well enough received, but a lot of people are looking for the next CoD experience.

Every guy I've talked to at my school agree that the new game couldn't possibly be as good as their precious "Cod", which is short for Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. I'm trying to convince them it couldn't possibly be a bad game, but they won't buy it because IW didn't make it. They also refuse to believe IW was fired.

On top of this, there's the problem of Infinity Ward and the lawsuits that have been filed by Activision. The company is basically a weakened version of itself now, and Treyarch need to make this game the best it can be in order to ensure the franchise survives. And TBH, I believe they can do it.

If Activision fires Treyarch unnecessarily after the release of this game just to save a few millions, I will personally write a rather angry letter to them. Yeah, that's right.

Treyarch made a very solid game in the form of World at War, and they did a superb job of working with the community after the release of the game.

The Single player was kind of boring and tedious with you being the only guy taking down legions of Nazis/Japs. The Multiplayer was definitely as entertaining as MW2. And Nazi Zombies is by far the funnest online mode I've ever played in a video game. Instead of making us take down strangers for hours a day, how about we survive with strangers instead? That's a lot like real war, I'd assume. Not just a bunch of guys running and gunning guys with weapons that actually are inferior in real life.

But it's a shame that there won't be a Modern Warfare 3. Now there is NO chance of seeing the M416 carbine in a game until it replaces the M4 as the standard rifle for our Military. And that could be 10 years!