00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Nikolai38 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official Cod Black Ops Thread.

128,335 Views | 2,038 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-01 15:12:57

I've just realized how this looks like it might be stealing from Darkest of Days / Assassin's Creed. Seems to me like some kind of time travel going on here. Hence the many different situations and the "hospital" bed. Just a thought . . .

Also, some of those screenshots in the gallery posted above look terrible. They are graphically unappealing.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-01 15:21:08

At 5/1/10 03:12 PM, Makeshift wrote: I've just realized how this looks like it might be stealing from Darkest of Days / Assassin's Creed. Seems to me like some kind of time travel going on here. Hence the many different situations and the "hospital" bed. Just a thought . . .

That was my first thought after seeing the trailer, but, of course, we're still in the speculation stage here. They make no direct references to time travel, but the "remember everything" line seems like a pretty strong hint. Keep in mind, there are other times when someone might be asked to "remember" something, especially if they're a Black Ops agent siting on some juicy bit of intelligence.
At this point, it could go either way. If time travel does become integral to the story line, I wont be that upset, so long as they don't make a habit of it. Assassin's Creed is my favorite series, and Darkest of Days had some really neat ideas going on in it.

Also, some of those screenshots in the gallery posted above look terrible. They are graphically unappealing.

This was my other first thought, after seing Kotaku's article which I just linked to. However, you need to keep two things in mind. One is that the pictures they showed are blown up screengrabs from a low rez, extremely fast paced trailer, which means they are going to look a lot uglier than the game would look if you were to play it today. The other thing to keep in mind is that the game is still several months out, and finishing touches have yet to be applied to the graphics.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-01 18:48:50

Awesome teaser. Can't wait for the real trailer.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-01 19:00:15

In my opinion, they're going to have to prove themselves for me to have any faith in the Call of Duty franchise. It seems like after CoD4 things just went down hill, and then there was Modern Warfare 2.

I'll probably wait until DLC starts getting released to make my decision. I certainly won't be buying a game that charges $15 for DLC.

+1 Post plx [Dr. Pepper Crew] [Mushroom Dick]

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-01 19:03:25

I think this may be better than MW2
I didn't like Treyarch's other CoD titles but it shouldn't be hard to beat MW2
Look at the difference beetween CoD3 and W@W
Treyarch are definately improving
Also there will be Zombies. There has to be Zombies

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-01 19:10:21

Also its not a spaceman. They wear those suits because they pilot a stealth plane that goes into the upper levels of the atmosphere.

Trailer reminded me alot of Mass Effect 2 and gives the impression that it will be a lot more story driven than every other CoD.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-01 22:14:27

At 5/1/10 02:57 PM, Toki911 wrote: Also, by watching the trailer and playing/pausing continuously, it looks like some confirmed weapons will be RPKs, M16s, AUGA1s, SPAS-12s, and AK-47s.

I spy an RK62 and a Type 56.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-02 00:10:40

At 5/1/10 10:14 PM, Makeshift wrote: I spy an RK62 and a Type 56.

Well aren't you just a little arms expert.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-02 00:13:39

At 5/2/10 12:10 AM, Fezz wrote:
At 5/1/10 10:14 PM, Makeshift wrote: I spy an RK62 and a Type 56.
Well aren't you just a little arms expert.

I have a few RK62s layin' around. It ain't much.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-02 08:08:57

At 5/1/10 07:10 PM, Jackho wrote: Also its not a spaceman.

Since there's most likely going to be zombies again, and when I saw the spaceman looking guy, I wanted zombies on the moon.

Shit.

It ain't easy being cheesey.

Backloggd account | Letterboxd account

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-02 11:47:51

At 5/2/10 08:08 AM, IrishGun wrote: Since there's most likely going to be zombies again, and when I saw the spaceman looking guy, I wanted zombies on the moon.

Shit.

Don't worry. I think they'll find it in their hearts to give us Vietcong zombehs.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-02 13:36:15

At 5/2/10 11:47 AM, Gustavos wrote:
At 5/2/10 08:08 AM, IrishGun wrote: Since there's most likely going to be zombies again, and when I saw the spaceman looking guy, I wanted zombies on the moon.

Shit.
Don't worry. I think they'll find it in their hearts to give us Vietcong zombehs.

At first I glanced at what you said and I thought it said Velociraptor zombies, but then I saw what you really said, and now I started thinking how cool a velociraptor zombie mode would be.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-02 14:12:36

Hey, i thought COD 7 wasn't going to exist. Black ops? ooo sounds exiting. keep me posted

personly mw2 cost me alot, i think IW should smooth mw2 out 1st

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-02 14:40:48

I may just be more excited for this than I was for MW2 all of a sudden.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-02 15:05:03

At 5/2/10 02:40 PM, Makeshift wrote: I may just be more excited for this than I was for MW2 all of a sudden.

World at War was the first and only Call of Duty that includes missing limbs and use of the F word several times. Since this new one is also made by Treyarch, we can look forward to it again.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-02 15:05:41

At 5/2/10 02:40 PM, Makeshift wrote: I may just be more excited for this than I was for MW2 all of a sudden.

Yeah, there was 'intesene gore' in WAW too....

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-02 15:11:35

At 5/2/10 03:05 PM, Fezz wrote: Yeah, there was 'intesene gore' in WAW too....

And I liked World At War. I also didn't say I was looking forward to Black Ops a lot just because of intense gore. That would be very silly of me. If you actually watch the whole video Jawdyn posted it shows possible base jumping, cool breach and clear scenarios, awesome weapons and vehicles... I think they might be able to pull this off. I also have no speculation of any time travel anymore.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-02 15:44:15

At 5/2/10 02:26 PM, Jawdyn wrote: Pmsl, you wanted dibs on this thread pretty bad didn't you. Now that is proper abuse of power in the works there.

Before going further, I'll give the reasoning. I was unaware of the other thread when making this one because the other one had an entire month of no activity in it. After this thread was made, certain users came into this thread and started posting off topic responses because they felt the other thread should be the official one, and all I've seen since from those users is passive aggressive jabs. I've yet to receive any PM from anyone explaining that they feel the other thread should be the "Official" one. If the OP had simply explained his stance in a PM, I probably would have said fine and let him have his thread. But since they decided not to do that and responded with whining (including messages in sigs), spamming this topic, and bumping the other topic with responses that had nothing to do with the topic itself, they gave up their right to it. Not to mention the sole reason for this thread being made was because it would make things simpler by having the game's actual name in it instead of the vague title of COD7. The only thing left to say that I can think of is if you are taking this entitlement of who has an official thread that seriously, then you need to take a step back from the internet because it doesn't matter who made the thread. What matters is the discussion within it.

ah well

ah well indeed.

GameTrailers pull apart the trailer piece by piece for us to make some sense of the trailer:

What stuck out to me the most for some reason was at 2:10 in that video. I think that might be the vehicle used in MGS3 when you go back into the jungle for the second time.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-02 21:01:39

At 5/2/10 03:05 PM, Gustavos wrote:
World at War was the first and only Call of Duty that includes missing limbs and use of the F word several times. Since this new one is also made by Treyarch, we can look forward to it again.

I actually laughed out loud when a soldier in MW2 actually said "Did HQ just tell us to go F ourselves Sarge?".

It completely ruined the moment when an infantry soldier in the middle of the invasion of his home country actually said "F" rather than just "fuck". Soldiers swear.

It would have been fine if they wanted to keep swearing out of the game, but to make these almost childish attempts at seeming cool really takes away from the atmosphere.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-02 21:41:05

At 5/2/10 03:44 PM, 36Holla wrote: But since they decided not to do that and responded with whining (including messages in sigs), spamming this topic, and bumping the other topic with responses that had nothing to do with the topic itself, they gave up their right to it.

Oh, because you totally would've listened if I came from a rational standpoint.

And no, I don't need to take a step back from the internet, because that's all the interent is. Just a bunch of whiney teenagers and attention whores. You and I both fall into the respective categories. As for my trolling in this thread, it'll stop now that we've had our sit-down. Thank you Holla, and please take a cup of coffee on the way out, wife will make me empty it if there's anything left in it.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-02 21:45:19

I'll buy it, but I'll more than likely hate it. It just won't fell right knowing it isn't IW.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-02 23:31:02

At 5/2/10 03:44 PM, 36Holla wrote:
At 5/2/10 02:26 PM, Jawdyn wrote: Pmsl, you wanted dibs on this thread pretty bad didn't you. Now that is proper abuse of power in the works there.
If the OP had simply explained his stance in a PM, I probably would have said fine and let him have his thread. But since they decided not to do that and responded with whining (including messages in sigs), spamming this topic, and bumping the other topic with responses that had nothing to do with the topic itself, they gave up their right to it.

As the OP of the first thread, I'd just like to lay the record straight.
The internet is not serious business. I don't care about who gets their e-penis engorged by having the bragging rights over being the OP on a topic about a game I'm really excited about. I just wanna fucking talk about Call of Duty, and that's more important to me than anything.
i made the old thread halfways as a joke, as was expecting someone to step in and lock in fairly quickly. It managed to grow to five pages, which I'm proud of and is way more than I expected, especially considering this was all pre-official announcement discussion. HOUGHEVUR; having my name on or off it doesn't change the fact I come hear to discuss vidja gaems, not hear people complain about some internet catfight that never really happened.
And, so that I can at least spend some of this post on Black Ops, holy pants i never even stopped to consider that gore will be coming back. 8D. I hope they tweak it a bit from W@W, that was pretty crude limb detachment.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-02 23:44:55

At 5/2/10 09:45 PM, NeoZephyr wrote: I'll buy it, but I'll more than likely hate it. It just won't fell right knowing it isn't IW.

World at War's inclusion of Nazi Zombies and multiple new maps to come with new Zombie levels made me have more fun with it than Modern Warfare 2. But that's probably because World at War was the first game where I REALLY got into the online. And MW2's online was the same thing with the inclusion of camo patterns on guns. I hope that Treyarch takes it upon themselves to add another awesome gameplay mode besides Team Deathmatch with "side objectives" like plant the bomb or capture that flag. Nazi Zombies was incredible for me because it was cooperative. We worked together instead of doing our own thing to get as many kills. Those of us with the most points opened doors for our team, provided cover fire, and even used their own barrier glitches for the benefit of the whole team. THAT is why I loved Nazi Zombies, and World at War.

WaW's weapons were also more stylish, but that's probably because there were less automatics and more manually operated weapons. The Japanese pistol and .357 revolver were also just plain sexy.

This new game is going to include very primitive versions of the AK47 and M16 rifles. But it doesn't matter what's available to me. I've been waiting for a Vietnam War game. Fingers crossed for Korean War chapters too. :)

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-03 00:31:58

At 5/3/10 12:26 AM, RoboJesus wrote: To everyone who said that the Cold War would be involved: there was 0 combat in the Cold War. It would be the most boring war game EVER.

That's why it's called "Black Ops", as in "operations the public has absolutely zero knowledge on".
They more or less have a total free reign to do whatever they want.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-03 00:33:54

At 5/3/10 12:26 AM, RoboJesus wrote: To everyone who said that the Cold War would be involved: there was 0 combat in the Cold War. It would be the most boring war game EVER.

I only hope that Treyarch stays true to history and doesn't bullshit its audience to make things more interesting. The Vietnam war already has awesome potential for a video game.

Not really. While the United States and the Soviets never officially duked it out one on one, there were tons of military conflicts and missions during the Cold War era, which is what I said.

Ex: The Vietnam war, Cuban missile crisis, etc.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-03 00:57:50

At 5/2/10 09:41 PM, Fezz wrote: Oh, because you totally would've listened if I came from a rational standpoint.

Yes I would have. It's your misjudgment that you thought I wouldn't listen to a valid concern about a problem on the forums that I help moderate, and you chose to respond to what happened in a way that practically told me that you weren't interested in being civil about it. I hope next time there's a problem, you and the others who participated will ask for help instead of lashing out and making a big deal out of something that in the grand scheme of things isn't that important.

At 5/2/10 11:31 PM, Samen wrote: As the OP of the first thread, I'd just like to lay the record straight.

I was referring to the maker of this thread. There was never a problem from you.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-03 02:00:18

I'm sure treyarch couldn't possible fuck this uo like Infinity Ward did with MW2,
just look at this shit!

On no a bear!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-03 06:47:31

I really hope this game actually has a story like Modern Warfare has, instead of just fighting through different places like in WaW, but like it's already been said, they can do whatever they want with the Cold War, so hopefully there will be a proper story this time.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-03 12:29:18

Dang I'm excited!
And surprised that the release date is this year. MW2 is starting to get old, so that rocks!

Black ops won't cover Vietnam specifically, but have special missions around different parts of the world.
Which is good, because the more games represent real history the more weird it is, because everyone has a different view of history, and you can't get it all correct for everyone.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-05-03 18:05:58

At 4/30/10 11:36 AM, MrPercie wrote: Vietnam? Man we will be killing civilians every level!

MW2 had the airport scene, black ops will have a scene were you cut a civies hand off ,rape their mother and then throw someone into sulfer... that's disgusting I apologize