00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

shiftingalways just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The weekly tops discussion thread

106,448 Views | 914 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-03-21 20:06:55

-facepalm- The track is a remix, and also, you need to take a listen to the original.
You do not here the same lead the same bass, you hear all different instruments from the track! Note: That remixs are called remix's because they changed the track. I do not have to make a new melody for the track. I did not steal the song if it is a remix. How dare you call yourself an artist, that is like saying Cascada steal songs. Note: that Everytime We Touch is a remake, A never-ending dream remake(Nothing changed except a new singer and instruments, exact same melodies). If you think I'm lazy, because I felt like remixing a Cascada song because they are my idol, doesn't make lazy at all! Note that I did use different instruments, I did use original ideas in my songs, and I did give credit. If you're suggesting that my track was just speed-up, from the original track, then why is the vocals different from the original? Why is there no back-up voices? Why was the minor a little off? It takes time, adjusting the instruments, adjusting the vocals and definitively took time making the full track! If you think I'm lying I could screenshot you a picture of the full track! You should really learn to compare the original and original track. It takes hard work, talent. I've study Eurodance music for 3years! I most likely deserved it.

Lein the music.

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-03-21 20:11:55

At 3 minutes ago, RainingDreams wrote: I most likely deserved it.

You deserved to be banned, but I didn't go that far. We do not allow remixes that contain copyrighted material from the originals on Newgrounds. Your remix had sampled the original vocals... Those vocals are under copyright. Hence your track was deleted.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-03-21 20:31:24

Alright, at least read my message that says on the last paragraph(or above it), explaining that there has been several different songs on new grounds that has took used materials. And I exampled Chirce's Lady Gaga Medley. I would most defiantly be happy if those were deleted as well, because like, my track was deleted, it is only fair!

Lein the music.

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-03-21 20:39:06

At 7 minutes ago, RainingDreams wrote: I would most defiantly be happy if those were deleted as well, because like, my track was deleted, it is only fair!

If I'm going down, I'm taking everyone else with me!

...the four right chords can make me cry

Some mellow jazz

BBS Signature

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-03-23 18:03:15

Why do I still see top4 from a few weeks ago (with my song in it) in the bottom occasionally? Cache? I think I've cleared it a few times since then while changing signatures. If anyone else sees old top4s down there that might explain why I still get reviews on it at a relatively high rate (once every second day or so).

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-03-23 18:05:16

That wasn't the pic I was going to post AT ALL.

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-04-04 17:47:07

Meh, I'm recognising quite a few big names on there. I wish NG employed a system where popular artists can't claim a spot in the tops for 2 weeks in a row but they get some sort of penalty of a few weeks after they get their track on there. That way it won't always be the same people getting the spotlight.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-04-05 05:16:45

At 4/4/12 05:47 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: Meh, I'm recognising quite a few big names on there. I wish NG employed a system where popular artists can't claim a spot in the tops for 2 weeks in a row but they get some sort of penalty of a few weeks after they get their track on there. That way it won't always be the same people getting the spotlight.

If I am not mistaken quite a few people asked for that in the 'What do you want in the redesign?' thread.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-04-05 12:13:37

At 3/14/12 09:20 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: New tops!
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/475375

Aw man I never even got to see this! Sweet, I had no idea I'd done that well that week.

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-04-06 04:30:04

At 3/28/12 01:45 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: New tops!

My fav was "End of the World," but it could almost be considered chipstep.

no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-04-11 06:28:39

Scores are really high these days

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-04-11 06:49:42

Huzzah, I got 2nd, not on one of my better submissions but still awesome.

Also waterflames song got a weekly tops two weeks in a row?

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-04-11 06:51:34

At 4/11/12 06:28 AM, SBB wrote: Scores are really high these days

I guess I'm the ONLY one getting bombed then :)

Ima post this again is it was the last post on the last page of the lounge,

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-04-11 10:04:31

At 4/11/12 06:49 AM, stratkat wrote: Huzzah, I got 2nd, not on one of my better submissions but still awesome.

Also waterflames song got a weekly tops two weeks in a row?

Wut? That must be some sort of glitch. I'll shoot a PM to one of the admins.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-04-11 10:22:10

At 4/11/12 06:49 AM, stratkat wrote: Also waterflames song got a weekly tops two weeks in a row?

impressive

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-04-11 13:06:24

Question.

What would you label a 128ish bpm track that has dub-styled drum patterns but doesn't use glitchy, cutting basses, or drops but focuses more on harmonics and deep sounds? Like a blend of deep house and older dubstep?

BBS Signature

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-04-11 13:18:02

At 4/11/12 01:06 PM, Cross666 wrote: Question.

What would you label a 128ish bpm track that has dub-styled drum patterns but doesn't use glitchy, cutting basses, or drops but focuses more on harmonics and deep sounds? Like a blend of deep house and older dubstep?

Tech House.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-04-19 15:23:25

At 4/19/12 03:10 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: It seems that it now has become a top 6 instead of a top 8...

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/480501

How can 2 submissions from the same artist get top 6 feature at the same time?

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-04-19 16:01:32

Norwegian power

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-04-19 16:11:05

At 4/19/12 03:23 PM, Wurfel-Waffles wrote:
At 4/19/12 03:10 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: It seems that it now has become a top 6 instead of a top 8...

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/480501
How can 2 submissions from the same artist get top 6 feature at the same time?

That's perfectly possible...

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-04-30 17:47:52

It appears that the tops that I normally post are now no longer stable. Does this mean that the Top # has come to an end?

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-05-02 15:30:15

At 4/30/12 05:47 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: It appears that the tops that I normally post are now no longer stable. Does this mean that the Top # has come to an end?

I am equally confused. I was #2 earlier today now I'm #6. Whagwan?

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-05-02 15:53:34

At 5/2/12 03:30 PM, durn wrote:
At 4/30/12 05:47 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: It appears that the tops that I normally post are now no longer stable. Does this mean that the Top # has come to an end?
I am equally confused. I was #2 earlier today now I'm #6. Whagwan?

And now it's back the way it was... super weird. Is there now a sway to the list, changing every few hours to grant exposure to different people? I like that if that's why it's happening. If it's a glitch in the matrix, it sure is a weird one.

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-05-03 07:17:55

At 5/2/12 03:53 PM, durn wrote: And now it's back the way it was... super weird. Is there now a sway to the list, changing every few hours to grant exposure to different people? I like that if that's why it's happening. If it's a glitch in the matrix, it sure is a weird one.

It's weird anyway. Before the redesign, everybody who got a spot in the Top 5 could make an FP post every two weeks. I don't think that's the case now. Would be nice if an admin could explain something about this new 'feature'.
Anyway:

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-05-03 09:24:32

It's weird anyway. Before the redesign, everybody who got a spot in the Top 5 could make an FP post every two weeks. I don't think that's the case now. Would be nice if an admin could explain something about this new 'feature'.

Front Page posts are enabled once you reach either level 10 or 15, can't remember which, but it doesn't have to do with getting a top 5 spot.