00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

pygmalionofcyprup just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The weekly tops discussion thread

106,442 Views | 914 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-02-16 08:27:43

An explanation of how the top popular and weekly work would be cool

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-02-16 15:20:59

Those WERE the tops when you posted them. They have already changed. There is nothing special about Wednesdays anymore and this thread no longer has any purpose.

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-02-16 17:18:01

At 1 hour ago, SBB wrote: Those WERE the tops when you posted them. They have already changed. There is nothing special about Wednesdays anymore and this thread no longer has any purpose.

where will I vent my rage!!??!!

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-02-16 17:36:57

At 15 minutes ago, jpbear wrote:
At 1 hour ago, SBB wrote: Those WERE the tops when you posted them. They have already changed. There is nothing special about Wednesdays anymore and this thread no longer has any purpose.

Yeah man, what. The top 5 (and later top 30) were the only place where asong could get solid exposure. Pretty much EVERYONE who isn't Paragonx9 and cheshyre got their audioportal fame from being in the top 5 at some point. It's sad,

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-02-17 16:33:43

Is that system coming back? Or was it decided that it wasn't really worth it? Since everyone just 0 votes each other on Tuesdays. Lawl.

At 22 hours ago, SBB wrote:
At 15 minutes ago, jpbear wrote:
Yeah man, what. The top 5 (and later top 30) were the only place where asong could get solid exposure. Pretty much EVERYONE who isn't Paragonx9 and cheshyre got their audioportal fame from being in the top 5 at some point. It's sad,

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-02-20 06:35:19

At 3 days ago, SBB wrote: Those WERE the tops when you posted them. They have already changed. There is nothing special about Wednesdays anymore and this thread no longer has any purpose.

What are you talking about? The tops are still the same as when I posted them:

The weekly tops discussion thread

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-02-20 14:14:03

At 7 hours ago, LiquidOoze wrote:
At 3 days ago, SBB wrote: Those WERE the tops when you posted them. They have already changed. There is nothing special about Wednesdays anymore and this thread no longer has any purpose.
What are you talking about? The tops are still the same as when I posted them:

oh, I thought you went to the actual "popular" tab. These boxes are all kinda same-ish, I don't notice any of them more than others at least

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-02-20 14:25:12

At 9 minutes ago, SBB wrote:
oh, I thought you went to the actual "popular" tab. These boxes are all kinda same-ish, I don't notice any of them more than others at least

valid point

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-02-29 11:15:35

At 53 minutes ago, LiquidOoze wrote: New tops (do people even still look at this?):

guess not, all the previous ones have 200-800 views

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-02-29 11:24:12

At 6 minutes ago, SBB wrote:
At 53 minutes ago, LiquidOoze wrote: New tops (do people even still look at this?):
guess not, all the previous ones have 200-800 views

It's weekly top 4 now, not top 5. The bottom 4 are the runner's up. I say this because if you're in the top 4 you get included in the flipper in the site footer. I dunno what you guys are talking about, getting a link on EVERY PAGE OF THE SITE is nothing to shake your fist at. :P Although, kinda miffed that I was only #5 this week even though I was in top 3 for score all week. Curious as to how this new system computes it's winners.

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-02-29 12:24:47

wait the viewcounts on the forum are wrong. darnit again

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-02-29 12:28:28

At 3 minutes ago, SBB wrote: wait the viewcounts on the forum are wrong. darnit again

Still not used to the redesign, are we?

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-02-29 12:36:44

At 8 minutes ago, Supersteph54 wrote:
At 3 minutes ago, SBB wrote: wait the viewcounts on the forum are wrong. darnit again
Still not used to the redesign, are we?

yeah still not used to THINGS BEING WRONG

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-02-29 12:53:14

At 1 hour ago, durn wrote:

:Curious as to how this new system computes it's winners.

this.

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-03-07 10:57:01

Still gonna be a bit sour about it, if only because I am a man of principle

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-03-07 14:44:29

Yay, I made it in the weekly top (runner up but still awesome I get a spot)
I was pretty proud of that song but I wasn't expecting it at all. I wouldn't of noticed for a few days if it wasn't for the new review/increase in plays.

I also see Hania, waterflame, and SBB up there:3

Congrats, and congrats to everyone else too.

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-03-19 21:04:26

I'm was so happy when I made the tops. I promise myself I would not give up music. My songs used to be...ouch! There were no mastering, good quality, and the sounds were TO loud.

After 3 years, of hard work praticing music, I've finally made the top! A pretty high top too, #6. I was surprised how much people loved the mixture of Eurodance(mixture of dance and pop) and Eurotrance(mixture of trance and orchestra/pop). I do not know for sure if Trance is a mixture of orchestra, but I get told that it is.

I'm most of all happy for other people who made the top, because they feel good just like me about it. ;D Good job guys, if you see this. :)

p.s. Those who have doubted me, look at me now, I came back with an awesome song, and I got my chance of making the top and I did. I will not say names, because it is disrespectful. Next time actually learn about yourself when you say you taught half NG to make music.

Lein the music.

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-03-19 21:34:48

NG u kidding?
a speed up version of "cascada - miracel" in the weekly tops? i mean.. why? all he did was speeding up the tempo and equalize a bit, besides that its 100% the same track, maybe with some other instruments. but the same progression, the same melodies, all the same just faster. thats all he did. and now hes proud here and talking about hard work? seriously? you just stole that song, thats not a remix...
is it by the way legal to do stuff like that?

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-03-19 21:39:01

and he proceeded to fall of the tall horse

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-03-20 04:25:50

oww

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-03-21 15:12:00

At 1 day ago, SirSirius wrote: is it by the way legal to do stuff like that?

is it?

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-03-21 15:18:04

At 5 minutes ago, SirSirius wrote:
At 1 day ago, SirSirius wrote: is it by the way legal to do stuff like that?
is it?

Legality aside, it's against the rules here... so I'm passing it on to the powers that be right now.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-03-21 15:33:18

Great, thanks!

Could you also give them the suggestion to let the weekly tops get approved by a mod? Not like a quality approvement, just and approvement there is no break of the rules. Sorry that I want to further increase your awesome work.
I also know that it will not make it impossible to break the rules like that simply because of the fact that you guys can't know every copyrighted material, but it would at least help a bit,

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-03-21 15:35:09

At 1 minute ago, SirSirius wrote: Great, thanks!

Could you also give them the suggestion to let the weekly tops get approved by a mod? Not like a quality approvement, just and approvement there is no break of the rules. Sorry that I want to further increase your awesome work.
I also know that it will not make it impossible to break the rules like that simply because of the fact that you guys can't know every copyrighted material, but it would at least help a bit,

Not to sound snappy, but if you had any idea how busy we were as is, you wouldn't be making that suggestion.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-03-21 15:44:03

Nah doesn't sound snappy, that's the reason why I appologised one sentence after I suggested ;)

Anyways, thanks for getting rid of at least this rulebreaker.

Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-03-21 15:45:53

Oh and I just found out there's an AudioPortal CleanUp thread. Sorry for breaking the rules myself lol....

And damn, give me an edit button! :P