Score
    4.19 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Indie
    Popularity

Wtf, it's not even a song :P
Wouldn't be on the top5 if it weren't for the flash thingy its featured in?

ZaronX
ZaronX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Artist
Response to The weekly tops discussion thread Nov. 9th, 2011 @ 05:37 PM Reply

adsubzero wrote:

Just want to make one thing clear, I know that two of them are House, but every time there's got to be a Video Game song, no matter how much it sucks.

Ouch, bro!

I'm not sure we can blame zero bombers this week, but at the same time I didn't go into Monday with a particularly high score, so maybe I just flew under the radar. Regardless, I went comparatively unscathed; I think DST threw most of them off.

As for the games category always making it regardless of quality, I'm forced to agree despite being this week's apparent offender. It's probably one of the most popular categories in NG's tree, so it tends to get the most attention, for better or worse, and often nostalgia gives us a bi-weekly remix of some iconic song that's just awful and has no effort even put into it, which is kinda my pet peeve with the thing.

I don't find anything this week particularly offensive, though, even if nothing really calls out to me (rather amazed I'm on there with BSC as I don't think it's particularly stellar but I guess I can't complain), which is... incredibly rare. I'll take a bunch of strictly par songs over four pieces of crap hiding one decent track any week.

DJDela
DJDela
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to The weekly tops discussion thread Nov. 9th, 2011 @ 05:44 PM Reply

At 11/9/11 05:37 PM, ZaronX wrote:
Ouch, bro!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that your song is bad, but I am really sad that video game songs always have the best score.

ZaronX
ZaronX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Artist
Response to The weekly tops discussion thread Nov. 9th, 2011 @ 05:58 PM Reply

At 11/9/11 05:44 PM, adsubzero wrote:
At 11/9/11 05:37 PM, ZaronX wrote:
Ouch, bro!
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that your song is bad, but I am really sad that video game songs always have the best score.

Haha, s'all good! I understand. Last time I that was on the top 5 the #1 spot went to some hastily made Song of Storms remix or something and I pretty much shat rage bricks that that beat anyone at all ever. I don't mind the game songs getting up there, but I do wish they'd be of a higher quality more often than not.

Thief1337
Thief1337
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to The weekly tops discussion thread Nov. 9th, 2011 @ 06:03 PM Reply

This week's top songs are mostly the result of zero-bombers. I won't name anyone, but you will figure it out by yourself very easily if you check it out.

"One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious." - Carl Gustav Jung
Native Instruments' Komplete 8 for free !

BBS Signature
Luxomni
Luxomni
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The weekly tops discussion thread Nov. 9th, 2011 @ 06:09 PM Reply

At 11/9/11 06:03 PM, Thief1337 wrote: This week's top songs are mostly the result of zero-bombers. I won't name anyone, but you will figure it out by yourself very easily if you check it out.

Everybody got bombed, including me.

jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The weekly tops discussion thread Nov. 9th, 2011 @ 06:11 PM Reply

anything new?

Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to The weekly tops discussion thread Nov. 9th, 2011 @ 06:15 PM Reply

At 11/9/11 06:09 PM, Luxomni wrote:
At 11/9/11 06:03 PM, Thief1337 wrote: This week's top songs are mostly the result of zero-bombers. I won't name anyone, but you will figure it out by yourself very easily if you check it out.

I didn't

ZaronX
ZaronX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Artist
Response to The weekly tops discussion thread Nov. 9th, 2011 @ 06:23 PM Reply

At 11/9/11 06:15 PM, SBB wrote:
At 11/9/11 06:09 PM, Luxomni wrote:
I didn't

Ditto, but then, see previous statement about being under the radar. I only got one or two votes in the last few hours leading up to the cutoff, and in the end my score dropped like... .2? Something like that.

The real danger is being high scoring on a Monday night, because then everyone bum rushes you and the only counter you can have is hoping your friends have a vote in your favor to throw back, or if you're popular enough I guess fans. Lots and lots of fans.

Or like four. It kinda seems to vary from song to song and week to week.

Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to The weekly tops discussion thread Nov. 9th, 2011 @ 06:27 PM Reply

At 11/9/11 06:23 PM, ZaronX wrote: The real danger is being high scoring on a Monday night, because then everyone bum rushes you and the only counter you can have is hoping your friends have a vote in your favor to throw back, or if you're popular enough I guess fans. Lots and lots of fans.

Or like four. It kinda seems to vary from song to song and week to week.

yeah... I usually only get top5s if I tell every fan about it - except when I don't do that and I still get it

Luxomni
Luxomni
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The weekly tops discussion thread Nov. 9th, 2011 @ 10:59 PM Reply

At 11/9/11 06:15 PM, SBB wrote:

I didn't

You lie.

23i
23i
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The weekly tops discussion thread Nov. 10th, 2011 @ 07:06 AM Reply

At 11/9/11 12:05 AM, Acid-Paradox wrote: New Tops!!

:*songs*

I thought I have been witnessing 0-bombing to it's full extent but this was carefully planned and ruthless. I'm sorry for you, Thief. And ofcourse everyone else suffering from this.

hektikmusic
hektikmusic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to The weekly tops discussion thread Nov. 10th, 2011 @ 10:08 AM Reply

is that why you think it's me?? cuz i have alot of tracks in the charts?? lol you're hilarious!! i've submitted more tracks in the last 6 months than you have in the last 3 years. my tracks are current, get more votes, more plays, more downloads, and more reviews. they're all current and that's why i have 4 tracks on the all-time list right now and guess what i probably will every week even with the 0-bombers. i'm sorry Thief for the misunderstaning but really dude don't let it bring you down, your tracks are awesome...do some collabs with developers no matter how lame the game is. good luck everyone.

HektikMusic - More tracks then you can shake a stick at...fetch!

BBS Signature
zelazon
zelazon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to The weekly tops discussion thread Nov. 10th, 2011 @ 11:38 AM Reply

Meh, after awhile, just searching the boards will yield some awesome song... Kinda tired of going on the AP to ask myself "How the fk did this song get into top 5?" and you listen to songs on the boards where you hear them and wonder why they weren't on top 5...

The system is too imbalanced as it is right now... it gives people who don't deserve the spot a massive ego boost, while those who actually make legit songs suffer due to their unpopularity.

Thief1337
Thief1337
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to The weekly tops discussion thread Nov. 10th, 2011 @ 11:41 AM Reply

At 11/10/11 10:08 AM, hektikmusic wrote: is that why you think it's me??

I didn't even name anyone, so you made it clear for all of us.

At 11/10/11 10:08 AM, hektikmusic wrote: i've submitted more tracks in the last 6 months than you have in the last 3 years.

You should know : all of my songs got zero-bombed by you.

"One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious." - Carl Gustav Jung

BBS Signature
Thief1337
Thief1337
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to The weekly tops discussion thread Nov. 10th, 2011 @ 11:47 AM Reply

I posted 2 comments on hektik's entry (where he talks about how awesome he is for having 4 of his tracks in the top list), which he replied. Today I just find out he deleted them all. And then I learn I got zero-bombed.

He sent me very large private messages as well, to which I replied. Someone can't be so affected.

Look at this : http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/4 25390

This is a joke.

Hektik deserves one last chance, otherwise - since he reported himself on this forum out in the open - I would like us to report him if he keeps it up. What he's doing is wrong and is against NewGrounds' policy.

The FAQ clearly states the rankings are based upon user votes, and he wants me to believe he didn't know that.

BBS Signature
Acid-Paradox
Acid-Paradox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Musician
Response to The weekly tops discussion thread Nov. 10th, 2011 @ 12:19 PM Reply

I think the purpose of this thread is to give CONSTRUCTIVE criticism about the songs that were chosen for this week's top 5.

I don't think a thread is the proper place to start drama shit since, if you have something against a user; I think you should keep the conversations on a pm and not make it public. BUT if you think someone is abusing their voting power, you should pm an administrator. They are the only ones that can see who voting on a specific track and can actually do something about it.

We can't do shit man, not even the audio mods.

Fuck labels , you don't need them.

Thief1337
Thief1337
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to The weekly tops discussion thread Nov. 10th, 2011 @ 12:22 PM Reply

At 11/10/11 12:19 PM, Acid-Paradox wrote:

BUT if you think someone is abusing their voting power, you should pm an administrator. They are the only ones that can see who voting on a specific track and can actually do something about it.

Thank you for the info. That's basically what I was trying to know. It won't happen again.

BBS Signature
Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to The weekly tops discussion thread Nov. 10th, 2011 @ 12:23 PM Reply

At 11/10/11 11:47 AM, Thief1337 wrote: At 11/10/11 10:08 AM, hektikmusic wrote:

Nobody cares about your petty internet fight. Do it somewhere else.

hektikmusic
hektikmusic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to The weekly tops discussion thread Nov. 10th, 2011 @ 08:57 PM Reply

you're saying i outted myself?? you sent me a private message days ago blaming me cuz EVERYONE including myself got 0-bombed. i understand if you were expecting to be on the charts this week that you'd be pissed but really dude quit making me your target. i deleted your comments off my page because you make it look ugly with your accusations. people like my tracks, that's the end of it. good day to you sir, stay off my page if you're just gonna be a dick and 0-bomb all my tracks. also thanks for the publicity since you say i love it so :)

BBS Signature
hektikmusic
hektikmusic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to The weekly tops discussion thread Nov. 10th, 2011 @ 09:03 PM Reply

also Thief i don't know why you're posting links to my track Creatures Under the Bed, all i said was that it was one of NG's most popular track because of the popularity rating and cuz it's been downloaded over 15k....cuz it's in a game!!. Not alot of plays and just one review but that doesn't change the facts in my choice of words. Go get some exposure so you can find something better to do then rant and rave about me.

BBS Signature
Lone-X
Lone-X
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to The weekly tops discussion thread Nov. 10th, 2011 @ 11:14 PM Reply

Believe me, a lot of video game songs don't get good ratings, I learned that the hard way many years ago when I did remixes of video game songs here.

Our music will change the world...

BBS Signature
jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The weekly tops discussion thread Nov. 10th, 2011 @ 11:29 PM Reply

At 11/10/11 09:03 PM, hektikmusic wrote: also Thief i don't know why you're posting links to my track Creatures Under the Bed, all i said was that it was one of NG's most popular track because of the popularity rating and cuz it's been downloaded over 15k....cuz it's in a game!!. Not alot of plays and just one review but that doesn't change the facts in my choice of words. Go get some exposure so you can find something better to do then rant and rave about me.

the downloads are obviously a glitch....... possibly every play the game gets you get a dl?

the songs not horrible lol, theres way worse. Dont feel like you need to defennd yourself to people on the internet lol.

YouriX
YouriX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Musician
Response to The weekly tops discussion thread Nov. 11th, 2011 @ 08:06 AM Reply

At 11/10/11 11:29 PM, jpbear wrote: the songs not horrible lol, theres way worse. Dont feel like you need to defennd yourself to people on the internet lol.

Yeah thats a mistake ive done waay to many times...

AetherX
AetherX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to The weekly tops discussion thread Nov. 11th, 2011 @ 01:03 PM Reply

At 11/10/11 11:29 PM, jpbear wrote:
the downloads are obviously a glitch....... possibly every play the game gets you get a dl?

I seem to recall that this is the case. I've seen several songs used in games that have more downloads than views.

--NG Music -- Soundcloud--
Most Recent Song: Explore Infinity <-Failed audition to NGADM!

hektikmusic
hektikmusic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to The weekly tops discussion thread Nov. 11th, 2011 @ 08:10 PM Reply

the glitch has something to do with how the developer of the game put my track in there...idk cuz i'm not a programmer lol i agree that fights on the internet just can't be won..

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to The weekly tops discussion thread Nov. 16th, 2011 @ 12:18 AM Reply

New Tops!

Dubsteeeppppp.

• XS & GirlStep - Obelisk
    XS & GirlStep - Obelisk by Jimmypig

Click to listen.

Score
    4.37 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Dubstep
    Popularity

• ~NK~ "Blacklight" FULL
    ~NK~ "Blacklight" FULL by NIGHTkilla

Click to listen.

Score
    4.30 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Dubstep
    Popularity

• |-Revelations-|
    |-Revelations-| by O-Prime125

Click to listen.

Score
    4.44 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Modern
    Popularity

• TI & GS - Noise Complaint
    TI & GS - Noise Complaint by GirlStep

Click to listen.

Score
    4.24 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Dubstep
    Popularity

• Melody(Mass preview)
    Melody(Mass preview) by D-Chain

Click to listen.

Score
    4.06 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Trance
    Popularity

Review Request Club | PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK ON THIS I BEG YOU | Formerly Supersteph54
I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for any Audio Portal-related help.

BBS Signature
GirlStep
GirlStep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The weekly tops discussion thread Nov. 16th, 2011 @ 12:29 AM Reply

Two out of five of those songs are mine...yey! B)

X Sentinel & GirlStep - Obelisk <-- please take a listen! :3

BBS Signature
Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to The weekly tops discussion thread Nov. 16th, 2011 @ 12:34 AM Reply

At 11/16/11 12:29 AM, GirlStep wrote: Two out of five of those songs are mine...yey! B)

There you go. Clearly the system works fine - this redesign must be stopped before it wrecks everything!

GirlStep
GirlStep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The weekly tops discussion thread Nov. 16th, 2011 @ 12:51 AM Reply

At 11/16/11 12:34 AM, RampantMusik wrote: There you go. Clearly the system works fine - this redesign must be stopped before it wrecks everything!

Ouch...I didn't think my music was that bad.

X Sentinel & GirlStep - Obelisk <-- please take a listen! :3

BBS Signature