00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Static73 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Killzone 2 Clan Barracks

21,415 Views | 376 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-02-26 00:00:53

Hello and welcome to the Newgrounds Killzone 2 Clan Barracks! I've created this club for anyone that plays the game. You can come here to discuss and talk about the game, organise matches and everything else in between.

There'll be a weekly members roster (every Friday starting next week) and a ranking system. Every new member will start on the bottom rung of the ladder as a Private. You can earn promotion through being active here in the clan thread and playing matches with other members.

I was going to use all the ranks from the game but the 4 Sergeant ranks are very similar and so are the 2 Colonel ranks. So, just the 2 Sergeant ranks and the 1 Colonel rank will do just fine. That means it won't take forever for you to rank up. You're welcome.

If you want to join up, just post here with your PlayStation Network ID and send me a PM as well so I know to add you to the roster. Our clan tag will be NewG.

The rankings will be as follows:

- Private
- Corporal
- Sergeant
- Sergeant Major
- Lieutenant
- Captain
- Major
- Colonel
- General
- Commander (Can only be held by the clan leader.)

Naturally the usual BBS rules apply. I especially don't want flaming, anyone being abusive or a nuisance. Got that? Good. And most importantly, have fun!

Useful links

The official website can be found here.

An unofficial website/news blog can be found here.

A list of the ranks, ribbons and medals can be found here.

A description of squads, clans and class abilities can be found here.

The full list of trophies can be found here.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-02-26 00:48:53

I just wanted o the first to post in Your KZ2 Clan. Hazza NG Expands

Hitman Crew - Hitman Absolution

Governor of the ZSC

PSN is in my sig or flashing on your screen after I kill you.

BBS Signature

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-02-26 11:01:46

I done the same idea last week and the club got deleted.

This is totally unfair.

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-02-26 11:35:08

Well, don't feel bad. You probably just didn't put enough information in the first post. Don't worry though, you can join this one instead! What about you Ripper? Any chance of you getting the game?

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-02-26 12:55:03

At 2/26/09 11:35 AM, BobbaQ wrote: Well, don't feel bad. You probably just didn't put enough information in the first post. Don't worry though, you can join this one instead! What about you Ripper? Any chance of you getting the game?

You and Unknown have talked me into it so yes

Hitman Crew - Hitman Absolution

Governor of the ZSC

PSN is in my sig or flashing on your screen after I kill you.

BBS Signature

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-02-26 14:23:16

I shall join!

I got the game today. I'm loving the campaign so far.

Anyway, we'll have to arrange an NG online match type thing.

Baby Britain.

Xbox Live Gamertag: JackFrustration - PSN: JackSawyer

BBS Signature

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-02-26 15:37:39

Thanks :) i dont mind being a part of this one :) i think its awesome!
Anyways i will recruit some PS3 members to this like Urban zombeh slayer
Im getting killzone tomorrow as i am sleeping over a freinds i will probably do as much story to get used to the controls

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-02-26 15:39:30

Hi Jack, welcome to the clan. We'll definitely have to organise some play time but we'll get to that when we have more members. Also, just been on Wikipedia and there's been over a million preorders for the game in Europe alone :O

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

BBS Signature

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-02-26 16:59:22

At 2/26/09 03:39 PM, BobbaQ wrote: Hi Jack, welcome to the clan. We'll definitely have to organise some play time but we'll get to that when we have more members. Also, just been on Wikipedia and there's been over a million preorders for the game in Europe alone :O

Totally.

Woah, I'm guessing it'll probably become one of the best selling PS3 games ever. MotorStorm is at the top of the list (3.3 million I believe).

Baby Britain.

BBS Signature

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-02-26 19:20:56

At 2/26/09 03:37 PM, jtm17 wrote: Thanks :) i dont mind being a part of this one :) i think its awesome!
Anyways i will recruit some PS3 members to this like Urban zombeh slayer
Im getting killzone tomorrow as i am sleeping over a freinds i will probably do as much story to get used to the controls

Just switch the controls to alternate 2. That layout is very similar to Call of Duty and it works well with this game. Give it some time, we'll get more members during the next week or so.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

BBS Signature

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-02-27 07:33:26

Just got back from town and I've got Killzone, along with the new Prodigy album. £40 was a bit much but I've got it now. Can't wait to get on it tonight!

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

BBS Signature

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-02-27 16:23:59

Sup guys, ok if I join? :)

I got it yesterday, and I bloody love it, already played 2 online matches and came first heh, god I love this game.

PSN ID - urbanzombehsl4y4

PM coming your way Bob

I love metal like crackheads love anal. and crack.

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-02-27 17:07:33

Those who join, I'll add!

Anyway I played my first online match. It was good fun!

I must admit, I had no idea what I was meant to be doing. I just shot people on the other team.

Baby Britain.

BBS Signature

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-02-27 18:34:53

Just played online for another hour or so, this game is intensely fun.

I'm a few points off Sargeant 1st Class (I think that's it), and nearly got my first badge.

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-02-28 06:54:03

OMG I'am in love with this game! I've done the first two levels of the campaign and I spent about 4 hours on Warzone. It's so much fun! I actually managed to get to Lieutenant before I got too knackered to play.

And the best thing is, you can have 32 players in a game without any lag at all (how do you like that CoD?). I've also got a decent K/D ratio, which is brilliant for me. Also, I set up the clan and sent out some invites, so join up next time you're on ;)

Being a medic is fun ^^

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

BBS Signature

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-02-28 08:13:52

I just got the game and im going to start about doing 2 levels of story then hit the online for a few hours. go back on story vice versa

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-02-28 08:56:26

I've just got to the 3rd rank - can't remember the name.

Two questions though..

I take it you get more weapons the higher the rank? I still only have the two basic rifles and the handgun.

Also, how do you go about being a Medic? The match I just played, we seriously needed one.

Anyway, I'm off to take down that palace in the campaign!

Baby Britain.

BBS Signature

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-02-28 10:49:58

At 2/28/09 08:56 AM, Jack wrote:
I take it you get more weapons the higher the rank? I still only have the two basic rifles and the handgun.

Yea you do, you get the shotgun and SMG at Sargeant First Class

Also, how do you go about being a Medic? The match I just played, we seriously needed one.

You have to unlock the medic badge, check your statistics to find out how to unlock it.

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-02-28 15:06:55

Two questions though..

If you look at your statistics, there will be a tab called "Unlocks". That'll tell you all the different abilities and weapons you can get and how to get them.

You get the Medic badge at Master Sergeant I think. It's definitely worth using that for a while and getting the second ability.

Anyway, I'm off to take down that palace in the campaign!

Good luck! I'm about halfway through the 5th level myself and I got Captain before.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

BBS Signature

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-03-01 01:03:36

I got the game today and fuck is it good. The campaign was pretty good but omfg was i going dizzy. The subtitles added more to the dizziness. When you're like fighting 20 helghast dudes it doesn't help having 50 people from the ISA shout out things and then having the subtitles in front of the screen. I actually like subtitles because i don't really like to miss out on anything they say but here i had no choice but to just not concentrate on what they were saying. The campaign is pretty hard too. I died a lot which kind of sucks...

Now for multi-player. Multi-player is kind of awesome but Search & Destroy mode is like a renovated different version of what could have been an awesome mode. WHY OH WHY CAN YOU RESPAWN IN S&D?? I got pretty dizzy in my first play through of multi-player. The maps were large and bullets were flying everywhere. The medic class is pretty sweet too. I give thumps up to this class.

And I'm part of the NewG Killzone 2 Clan. I was invited to join by BobbaQ aka Killswitch-Bob over PSN if anyone asks. My PSN is TheDark360 if you haven't added me already.

Need advice? Visit the RELATIONSHIP CREW!

BBS Signature

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-03-01 02:30:07

Story Mode is fucking sexy

Zomg Online when you havent played story is leik impossible, i didnt get a single kill.

But after completing story im just gonna hit online BAM BAM BAM

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-03-01 06:29:40

At 2/28/09 03:06 PM, BobbaQ wrote:
Two questions though..

Thanks for the information BlueFlameSkulls and BobbaQ!

I now have the two extra weapons and I've also got the medic badge! Being a medic is good fun.

At the moment I'm a few points for Sergeant Major and in total I've played online for 5:12:02 HRS.

Hows everyone else doing on Warzone?

Baby Britain.

BBS Signature

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-03-01 07:56:20

At 3/1/09 06:29 AM, Jack wrote: Thanks for the information BlueFlameSkulls and BobbaQ!

You're welcome.

Hows everyone else doing on Warzone?

Well, I got General last night. That's probably the easiest gold trophy ever :P I somehow managed it in just under 12 hours of playing. And I've unlocked the 2nd ability for the medic class.

Who here has finished campaign yet? I'm on the Radec Academy part of the 5th level and that ATAC keeps killing me. I can manage to get 2 hits on it with the rocket launcher and then I hardly have any time to recover and I get blown up :( Any tips?

And hi to DarkSoldier :)

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

BBS Signature

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-03-01 11:54:11

Why i s everyone finding the ATAC so hard? its easy and i played it on veteran.

Shoot those blue thing when it gets close and blast it. go on the floor so the atac cant really heat you. you only need one magnum shot to make it explode.

We need to orginise a little match. Im quite good at this game.

oh and HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO GET WEEKLY FIRST?

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-03-01 12:33:24

I love Killzone 2. I just bought the demo and I'm going to get the game ASAP.

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-03-01 13:08:56

At 3/1/09 07:56 AM, BobbaQ wrote:
Who here has finished campaign yet? I'm on the Radec Academy part of the 5th level and that ATAC keeps killing me. I can manage to get 2 hits on it with the rocket launcher and then I hardly have any time to recover and I get blown up :( Any tips?

I'm glad somebody else found that bit difficult.

At the beginning of that section, the ATAC normally moves to the right. Shot the blue thing and grab the rocket launcher on the far right. After that, stay close to the pillar thing in the middle. The ATAC moves in a unpredictable pattern, so your best bet is to shoot those blues things every chance you get, hoping that it will move in to the electrical field. btw it actually takes FOUR hits to kill it.

Anyway, I'm a couple points away from Captain on Warzone!

Baby Britain.

BBS Signature

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-03-01 13:15:18

At 3/1/09 12:47 PM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote: So...this clan. Now that it's up and running what do we do?

How do we get events and valour points?

When i was playing online i think one of the loading screens said you need to go to Killzone's site and there you can make challenges, events and a bunch of things.

BBS Signature

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-03-01 13:49:32

At 3/1/09 12:47 PM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote: So...this clan. Now that it's up and running what do we do?

bob is our leader. So he creates matches against other clans. sets them up and shit.

i think

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-03-01 13:59:47

At 3/1/09 01:49 PM, jtm17 wrote:

bob is our leader. So he creates matches against other clans. sets them up and shit.

i think

BobbaQ can be Brian Epstein and we'll be The Beatles!

That sounds interesting. Can I join the online clan? I keep getting 'Squad invites' but I don't know what their about.

Baby Britain.

BBS Signature

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-03-01 14:37:50

Squad invites are only for in-game matches. I often get invited to those too.

BBS Signature