00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

corentingoo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Killzone 2 Clan Barracks

21,469 Views | 376 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-09-16 07:35:44

Oh hi guys, just a quick hello from me. The sun is currently streaming down and I have an awesome view of the sea from my Grandad cousins' place. We're staying somewhere a bit further down up in the hills. The first night I was here I was full of fish, which I've missed as the food here is sweeeeet. Later you lovable sods ^^

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-09-16 11:13:36

At 9/16/09 07:35 AM, BobbaQ wrote: Oh hi guys, just a quick hello from me. The sun is currently streaming down and I have an awesome view of the sea from my Grandad cousins' place. We're staying somewhere a bit further down up in the hills. The first night I was here I was full of fish, which I've missed as the food here is sweeeeet. Later you lovable sods ^^

Hi Bob!!!

Spain sounds ace, I'd love to get out of the country and do something for a bit. Hope you're having fun. :3

Also, can you send us back a photo postcard that has a cartoon bodybuilder on a wall with the hole where the head is and...you know...?

///THREE///TWO///ONE///ZERO///

The Chemical Brothers Vs. The Beastie Boys - Intergalactic Dust We Trust

Sig of win courtesy of InsertFunnyUserName.

BBS Signature

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-09-18 08:27:29

Gentlemen! Today is roster day.
A bit of a disappointing turnout this week. Some of you have been asking me for games which is good while some of you haven't been making as much of an effort (although it has only been 5 days, maybe things will improve at the weekend).

I'll be posting the roster later on tonight. My fellow men, stay vigilant!

BBS Signature

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-09-18 09:38:46

At 9/18/09 08:27 AM, Black-Ops wrote: Gentlemen! Today is roster day.

Black-Ops, I saw your message. I'll be up for some clan matches in the next couple of days although I can't find my head set at the moment - it is in my room somewhere. I might not be available tonight, but I'm free this weekend.

Baby Britain.

Xbox Live Gamertag: JackFrustration - PSN: JackSawyer

BBS Signature

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-09-18 19:08:57

Alright! Let's do this. Apologies for no links, doing this before I go to bed.

Barracks Roster #14

Officers: BlackOps, TheThing, Final2Legion, Obilisk745

Promotions: No promotions this week. jtm17 has been putting in lots of effort after a long break from the game, so if he's reading this then keep up the good work and you will definitely be promoted next week.

Referrals: None

Clan Members

Commander

BobbaQ - KillSwitch_Bob

General

Black-Ops - NGBlackOps

Colonel

Major

Captain

Lieutenant

Sergeant Major

Final2Legion - Unseen_Fury

Sergeant

DocSprite - DocSprite
IrishGun/Centurion-Ryan - Obilisk745
ShadowWest - ShadowWestNG
scetch00 - SketchyMidnight

Corporal

BlueFlameSkulls - BlueFlameSkulls
Dapper - JKDap
Hycran - Hycran
jtm17 - jtm17
TheThing - TheThingNG

Private

DarkRedFlame - DarkRedFlame
DarkSoldier - TheDark360
Fluffball - Kagamin_Hiragi
iatemexican - ToxPox
Jack - JackSawyerTheAbysuss - TheAbysuss
TheUnknownVoice - theunknownvoice
Torkelson - Tork14

Goodnight!

BBS Signature

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-09-25 06:31:26

Gentlemen, today is roster day.
Turnout hasn't improved since last week which I'm rather dismayed about, and consequentially I will be referring people. I'd like to get some clan games running today if possible, and this may be a chance for you to save yourself from a referral and almost certain demotion. Granted I haven't been able to attend to my duties as much, and if there's something I should be made aware of that has actually prevented you from playing then I'm ready to listen.

This isn't an official list, just some of my thoughts:

*jtm17, JKDap, your enthusiasm is commendable. Keep up the great work.

*Unseen, Obilisk, ShadowWest, Sketchy, haven't seen you around as often. I know some of you aren't on PSN as much but come on, help a sibling out chaps.

*BlueFlameSkulls, Hycran and TheThing, I haven't seen you touch the game for weeks and you all face referral unless you do something about it tonight.

Also, apologies for the shoddy roster last week, was feeling ill and rushed it before bedtime.

BBS Signature

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-09-26 07:47:43

At 9/25/09 06:31 AM, Black-Ops wrote: *Unseen, Obilisk, ShadowWest, Sketchy, haven't seen you around as often. I know some of you aren't on PSN as much but come on, help a sibling out chaps.

Please excuse Unseen, ShadowWest and Sketchy.

* I <3 Unseen

* Sketchy's in a bad mood and has deleted everyone from Newgrounds on his PSN Friends List.

* ShadowWest has got the Yellow Light Of Death.

I'll be glad to help out with that 'going out with a bang' though.

It ain't easy being cheesey.

Backloggd account | Letterboxd account

BBS Signature

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-09-26 08:08:10

Hi everyone. sorry about lack of roster. I'll get it done today.

I've been doing some thinking: everyone is super hyped about Modern Warfare 2 coming in 2 months time. What does this spell for Killzone 2 though? I suspect that the vast majority of you (including myself) will buy the game and join the future Newgrounds MW2 clan headed by HeavenDuff. Depending on people's reactions to the game then our clan could be very much dead. In it's place however, we could be a much stronger and active unit.

This is not only a local problem, but applies to all the other 'fun' clans on Killzone 2. While the hardcore players will remain behind and fight with each other, all the sort of clans that we stand a good chance against may all vanish, leaving behind their valor.

I'm thinking we need to take bigger risks with our valor. We need to get out there and grab lots of valor from those we are confident we can beat. The scenario depicted above means we are a clan with nothing to lose! >;)

What are your thoughts?

BBS Signature

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-09-26 08:14:44

At 9/26/09 08:08 AM, Black-Ops wrote: The scenario depicted above means we are a clan with nothing to lose! >;)

But what if our clan remains active?

We'd be virtual peasants

D:

It ain't easy being cheesey.

Backloggd account | Letterboxd account

BBS Signature

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-09-26 08:35:05

At 9/26/09 08:14 AM, IrishGun wrote:
At 9/26/09 08:08 AM, Black-Ops wrote: The scenario depicted above means we are a clan with nothing to lose! >;)
But what if our clan remains active?

We'd be virtual peasants

D:

You're right, though if we kept our valor above 100,000 then I'm sure we could still get people to take us seriously. We currently have 116510 valor, so we if split that up into 3 attempts, each worth 5,000 valor say, we could still hold our 100k clan status.

I wish Bob were around to offer his opinion...

*le sad* :c

BBS Signature

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-09-27 00:40:06

I promised I'd do it, now here it is.

Barracks Roster #15

Officers: Black-Ops, TheThing, Final2Legion, Obilisk745

Promotions: Welcome to the clan Akkryls and Stretchysumo! Feel free to talk about anything Killzone related here, whether you have questions about the game or just want to let someone know of your accomplishments. Well done jtm17 and JKDap, you've both been promoted to Sergeant rank! :)

Referrals: Hycran, BlueFlameSkulls and TheThing, your activity has failed to meet satisfactory standards and you will be referred onto Killswitch_Bob for disciplinary action.

Clan Members

Commander

BobbaQ - KillSwitch_Bob

General

Black-Ops - NGBlackOps

Colonel

Major

Captain

Lieutenant

Sergeant Major

Sergeant

Dapper - JKDap
DocSprite - DocSprite
IrishGun - Obilisk745
jtm17 - jtm17

Corporal

Hycran - Hycran
TheThing - TheThingNG

Private

Akkryls - Akkryls
DarkSoldier - TheDark360
Fluffball - Kagamin_Hiragi
iatemexican - ToxPox
Jack - JackSawyer
Stretchysumo - KittensWithBeer
TheAbysuss - TheAbysuss
TheUnknownVoice - theunknownvoice
Torkelson - Tork14
Trystlions - Trystlions
zazombehslaya - zazombehslaya
ZpLiNtEH - urbanzombehsl4y4

Goodnight!

BBS Signature

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-09-27 16:23:09

Today we learned that mexicans are cheap bastards >:c

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-09-28 06:01:22

At 9/27/09 04:23 PM, Stretchysumo wrote: Today we learned that mexicans are cheap bastards >:c

Oh man, that was a horrible day. We had to go into a 3v3 with just me and Stretchy, as the person originally meant to be the 3rd man had to leave. The people we were playing were so average that I was killing them all effortlessly, Stretchy went melee crazy and got them a whole bunch of times which was awesome. Then one of their guys lags out and we had a chance. On S&R we had 2 bags each and they just managed to get theirs . End result was 3-4. Sadly if we had a 3rd person we would have fucking ruined their shit, and probably the finalist clan too.

There's more, on the 2nd round I knew the clan leader and said we only had 2 guys. They agreed to a 2v2. While I was in the room I randomly get disconnected, it takes ages to disconnect me from the network and I wouldn't let me join when it should have. They went down to a 1v1. So Stretchy is winning until guess what? His PS3 freezes.

FUCK. >:(

BBS Signature

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-09-28 15:32:56

OUR LEADER HAS RETURNED!

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-09-29 05:13:18

Well, I'm back from my holiday. Nice to see the clan is in one piece (thanks darling), and we're now 74-54 which is great. I'll be back playing properly when my head is straight.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-10-03 14:42:35

At 9/8/09 03:20 PM, Black-Ops wrote:
So now we're challenging them for 10,000 (which includes 100% interest) and we WILL win.

Shite, 10,000 - are you sure? PM if there is anything I could do for future matches BTW.

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-10-03 17:28:44

At 10/3/09 02:42 PM, KronikEnt wrote:
At 9/8/09 03:20 PM, Black-Ops wrote:
So now we're challenging them for 10,000 (which includes 100% interest) and we WILL win.
Shite, 10,000 - are you sure? PM if there is anything I could do for future matches BTW.

Hehe, old news is old. We won that match.

I'm sending you a PM with my PSN inside. Add me and I'll send you a clan invite.

BBS Signature

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-10-04 08:06:31

Hey, Killswitch, it's me Dapper. This is my new account I created so I can get away from all the crap flash movies I submitted in the past. However you can still call me Dapper! :D

Also...

IM GNA ST4RT A NEW CLAN ADN ITZ GUNA B WAI BETT4R D4N UIRZZZZ ADN ILL GIVE FREE VALOR 2 ALL MAH MEMB0RZ MADN U WILL BE BEETIN BY US ADN UR STOOOPID ADN IM GNA N4EM MAH CL4N KOOOL AWSUM KLAN YNOW WUT I MEEN

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-10-06 18:29:25

Bob doesn't care about us anymore. Only his racing games...

And his 12 year old boys...

BBS Signature

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-10-08 03:13:07

Thought I might make this in my spare time. Took about 15 minutes.

And, yes I do fail at MSPAINT :(

Killzone 2 Clan Barracks

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-10-08 07:03:11

At 10/6/09 06:29 PM, Stretchysumo wrote: Bob doesn't care about us anymore. Only his racing games...

Quiet you. I've been busy with DIRT 2 as I'm like 4 and a bit trophies away from the platinum. I'll post last weeks roster later and I'll do this weeks tomorrow.

Also, when a certain FPS arrives in November there's every chance that we'll be putting this beloved clan on the backburner while we give the clan for that more attention and get it noticed like we have done here.

And I'll be back playing next week as I'm going to have another shot at getting top 1%, because I got robbed last time I tried.

EVEN THOUGH I PLAYED LIKE EVERY FUCKING DAY FOR 4 HOURS

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

BBS Signature

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-10-09 10:02:08

At 10/8/09 03:13 AM, KronikEnt wrote: Thought I might make this in my spare time. Took about 15 minutes.

And, yes I do fail at MSPAINT :(

Nice work, that's pretty good man! :)

At 10/8/09 07:03 AM, BobbaQ wrote: Also, when a certain FPS arrives in November there's every chance that we'll be putting this beloved clan on the backburner while we give the clan for that more attention and get it noticed like we have done here.

If we do decide to call it quits then we should take larger risks with our valor. I'd like our best troops (IrishGun, Stretchysumo, BobbaQ etc.) to post the days and times they are usually online at and we'll arrange large clan challenges to suit us all. I'm thinking of challenge Défazé, we played them on a revolver match and whooped 'em. If we go in with strong revolver players then I'm confident that we can top them.

All those who haven't got General status yet should play on by themselves or with friends in their spare time to achieve it (there's a gold trophy waiting for you if you do), and all the Generals/Brigade Generals should aim for General of the Army by getting 10,000 points. And all of you should work on getting your badges, they'll unlock extra abilities for you and give you more points when playing matches. Please guys, help us out.

And I'll be back playing next week as I'm going to have another shot at getting top 1%, because I got robbed last time I tried.

EVEN THOUGH I PLAYED LIKE EVERY FUCKING DAY FOR 4 HOURS

I know man, and it really truly sucks that it happened to you. You shouldn't let it get you down though, it's an accomplishible task and you'll get it next time. <3

BBS Signature

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-10-09 12:19:42

At 10/9/09 10:02 AM, Black-Ops wrote:

If we do decide to call it quits then we should take larger risks with our valor. I'd like our best troops (IrishGun, Stretchysumo, BobbaQ etc.) to post the days and times they are usually online at and we'll arrange large clan challenges to suit us all.

I should be on almost all day today, if you want to organize a clan match.

BBS Signature

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-10-09 14:21:54

At 10/8/09 07:03 AM, BobbaQ wrote: because I got robbed last time I tried.

Robbed? What happened?

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-10-09 23:00:48

At 10/9/09 02:21 PM, KronikEnt wrote:
At 10/8/09 07:03 AM, BobbaQ wrote: because I got robbed last time I tried.
Robbed? What happened?

"I havn't been given my top 1% yet and BlackOps and my other friends got their honour rankings last night. I'm understandably angry. I havn't the first clue as to why this has happened, and like hell am I getting 10,000 again this week. It had better update today or I'm gonna end it all.

>:(" - Bob
He didn't get the trophy.

BBS Signature

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-10-11 16:42:23

At 10/10/09 06:24 PM, Dapper wrote: Ok, guys. It's me again - sorry for the mix up. My account stopped working for about a month and couldn't submit flash/post on forums, so this is now my account.

Also, Stretchysumo - I tried to play a match with you but your team was full. I had to play crappy ISA - :(

Add me on PSN and I'll play with you.

BBS Signature

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-10-14 07:01:04

I'll be posting a new roster some time today. We're going to wipe off a lot of the players who haven't played the game in ages off the roster, making it easier to manage and it means we don't look like a bunch of noobs on Killzone.com. :P

Bobba has also given me permission to remove these inactive players from our clan. If you have been removed, you are welcome to ask for another clan invite. However, players who only play the game once every month or so need not reapply, so only ask if you are serious about helping us out.

BBS Signature

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-10-14 07:29:02

At 10/14/09 07:01 AM, Black-Ops wrote: I'll be posting a new roster some time today. We're going to wipe off a lot of the players who haven't played the game in ages off the roster, making it easier to manage and it means we don't look like a bunch of noobs on Killzone.com. :P

Bobba has also given me permission to remove these inactive players from our clan. If you have been removed, you are welcome to ask for another clan invite. However, players who only play the game once every month or so need not reapply, so only ask if you are serious about helping us out.

What he said. I was going to do roster but I couldn't be bothered and that bloody Operation Flashpoint is annoyingly addictive. No bitching about getting demoted or whatever, you had plently of warnings. I'm gonna have to start playing again next week, I want my platinum >,<

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

BBS Signature

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-10-14 11:08:16

Here is our new, revised roster. As you can see, there's been quite a dramatic change. Remember, those of you who I have removed from the roster can reapply if you wish to help us out or play with us on a regular basis. Changes will go into effect tonight.

Barracks Roster #16

Officers: Black-Ops, Final2Legion, Obilisk745

Promotions: Congratulations to Obilisk745 who has been promoted to Sergeant Major, and to KittensWithBeer who has been promoted to Corporal.

TheThing, you'll understand why you are no longer an Officer. Commander BobbaQ let you keep that position for a long time, and gave you several chances to improve your activity. You didn't, and your Officer status has been revoked as a result. There's no point in being an Officer if you don't use the powers that an Officer has to further the clan. You have also been demoted to Private.

Sketchy, being angry with your Newgrounds mates and deleting them all is not an excuse for not playing with us. You have been demoted to Corporal. Decide whether you're still part of our unit or not and please let us know.

DocSprite, I haven't seen you around for about a month, you have also been demoted to Corporal. Please let us know of your circumstances if they prevent you from playing.

Unseen_Fury, you were our 3rd best player and now you've really let yourself go. You've got to make more of an effort to turn up on Killzone, you've still to make up for that 3v3 game you had to leave at short notice. You risk your officer status being revoked if you continue to neglect your duty.

Hycran and BlueFlameSkulls have been demoted to Private for obvious reasons.

Clan Members

Commander

BobbaQ/ - KillSwitch_Bob

General

Black-Ops - NGBlackOps

Colonel

Major

Captain

Lieutenant

Sergeant Major

IrishGun - Obilisk745

Sergeant

Dapper - JKDap
jtm17 - jtm17

Corporal

DocSprite - DocSprite
Stretchysumo - KittensWithBeer

Private

Hycran - Hycran
TheThing - TheThingNG

It's important that we don't let our standards slip. ShadowWest, jtm17, you're both good players and with a little polish you could be great. You're both inconsistent though, especially you jtm. You can be a "Newgrounds til I die" member one week and play every day and not touch the game the next week.

Dapper, it was unfortunate you had to face off against a cheater in your first game. This week I'll try to get you in another tournament on all modes.

Stretchysumo, although you have been promoted to Corporal I was unhappy with your performance against XP Kings. I know they cheated on a couple of rounds, but we still could have won that game. During Assassination you were distracted by the spam mail you were receiving and were unaware that you were the target. When you were responding to one of those messages the enemy caught you in a very vulnerable position, and I wasn't able to do much to help you.

To all users: Do not send messages during clan games until you know you have won/lost, or the game is over. Do not give us a running commentary of your match in the chatroom. Banter like that is much better off waiting until everyone has the time to talk about it properly. During a game, it's a distraction and a nuisance.

With the full version of Uncharted 2 now available, I anticipate that a lot of people will be wanting to play that, which is understandable as the multiplayer beta was a lot of fun. If we require your help though, please don't leave us hanging. :(

Modern Warfare 2 comes out in less than a month. If we're shutting up shop by then then let's have a nice sum of valor to retire on. ;)

General Black-Ops

BBS Signature

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-10-14 16:32:29

I would play this game more, but I really do have to be honest, I just don't like it anymore.

I find it too frustrating, and the only way you're ever going to get lots of kills, win matches and that is if you have a good connection. If you don't have a good connection, then lag will screw you over and over again. I have a good connection, but for whatever reason, it goes down the shitter whenever I play this game 90% of the time.

This game reminds me of Gears of War 2's online in a way, and trust me, that is really bad. Unless you're American.

I am going out to buy Uncharted 2 on Friday, and I'm sure some of you know how much I loved that beta, and as such I'll probably be playing that a lot. Until Modern Warfare 2 anyway, from then, I'm 99% sure that will be the only game I will ever play online, ever.

Plus, I still have Bioshock, inFamous and a few other games to finish.

so yeah, remove me from the clan or whatever, I'm not particularly bothered whatever happens.

PSN ID + Xbox Live GT : ShadowWestNG | Steam : ShadowWest | Sig made by: ParadoxVoid <3

BBS Signature