00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

The7thConqueror just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Killzone 2 Clan Barracks

21,497 Views | 376 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-03-02 05:31:09

At 3/1/09 11:54 AM, jtm17 wrote: Why i s everyone finding the ATAC so hard? its easy and i played it on veteran.

I found the corridor underneath where you start the fight and easily beat it. I'm up to the fight with Radec now. I have to wait until next week to do it.

oh and HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO GET WEEKLY FIRST?

By being phenomenally good probably. I managed to get the top 10% and top 6% trophies though which I'm chuffed with. If I really go for it and get up to 30+ hours I can probably get the top 3% trophy next weekend. Hmmm, purple.

And why is the 2nd honour ranking black? You can hardly see it when you're in the lobby waiting for the game to start. It should've been blue or just something more visible.

At 3/1/09 12:47 PM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote: So...this clan. Now that it's up and running what do we do?

How do we get events and valour points?

Once everyone is at a decent rank, I'll sort out some matches for us and appoint a few officers. That means if I'm not around an officer can challenge a clan. It's probably best if we play a few noob teams first and some friendlies to get used to playing with each other.

Be sure to drop by and mention what rank you're at here because the KZ website is still broken so I can't check your progress on there. It's a real ballache because I havn't seen what my stats look like on it yet :(

At 3/1/09 01:59 PM, Jack wrote: That sounds interesting. Can I join the online clan? I keep getting 'Squad invites' but I don't know what their about.

Huh? You're already in the clan are't you? I'm sure I sent you an invite. I can't do anything about it now until Friday because I'm back at uni. You can make a squad with random players or your friends.

You get your own comms channel for just the four of you. It means you can work as a small team and watch each others backs. I don't really bother with it but it's a nice little feature.

Like I mentioned I've nearly finished the campaign and I completely agree with BFS that the story is crap. I was really pissed when Templar got killed just like that.

He survives the first two games and then gets killed that easily by Radec. It literally feels like the developers could't be arsed with the plot and were more bothered about the gameplay.

On Warzone I've unlocked the 2nd Scout ability, made the top 5000 players, made a start on the sniper medal (those black and purple ones), almost got 1000 kills and killed countless amounts of noobs.

But, my highlight of the weekend was in a Body Count on the Visari map when I got a triple kill and then a quad kill right at the start. Oh how I laughed :P

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-03-02 10:35:56

Wow. I got the game on Friday bit didn't get a chance to start it till yesterday, and wow. The graphics are amazing, gameplay is incredibly smooth, enemies are awesome, and I haven't even played online yet. Best shooter so far, and I have resistance 2 and Fallout 3, so I know what I'm talking abou. Blew me away so far. My PSN Tag is Gamermandan, and hopefully we'll see each other on the front lines. Amazing game.

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-03-02 10:47:05

At 3/2/09 05:31 AM, BobbaQ wrote:
Huh? You're already in the clan are't you? I'm sure I sent you an invite. I can't do anything about it now until Friday because I'm back at uni. You can make a squad with random players or your friends.

Do they appear in the Inbox? It doesn't matter for now, I'm going to get myself a high rank before we start playing proper.

Spoilers

I agree with you about Templar - it just annoyed me. Also how did Radec get off the ship so fast? I was hoping that Templar would of taken Radec with him as the ship fell.

Baby Britain.

Xbox Live Gamertag: JackFrustration - PSN: JackSawyer

BBS Signature

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-03-02 10:48:27

At 3/1/09 12:33 PM, DocSprite wrote: I love Killzone 2. I just bought the demo and I'm going to get the game ASAP.

You bought the demo?

Templar got killed

YOU BUM, I haven't finished the game yet :(

I love metal like crackheads love anal. and crack.

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-03-02 12:25:43

At 3/1/09 12:33 PM, DocSprite wrote: I love Killzone 2. I just bought the demo and I'm going to get the game ASAP.

Good stuff.

At 3/2/09 10:35 AM, Ninja-Without-Sight wrote: My PSN Tag is Gamermandan, and hopefully we'll see each other on the front lines. Amazing game.

Welcome to the clan soldier! You'll have to wait until Friday before I can invite you in the game though because I'm back at uni.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-03-02 16:33:44

can we orginise a match as soon as possible also bob put me in for consideration as officer?

I would like to play (Idea) one of my friends clan's and BATTER them ;)

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-03-02 16:51:03

At 3/2/09 04:33 PM, jtm17 wrote: can we orginise a match as soon as possible also bob put me in for consideration as officer?

We could have one on the weekend I guess. That seems like the time when everyone is available.

I had a pretty frustrating match earlier. I had a lot of those moments when you shoot an enemy 10-12 times and he then kills you with a single shot. Also, Medics reviving me while the enemies are right next to me.

Baby Britain.

BBS Signature

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-03-03 11:11:46

At 3/2/09 04:33 PM, jtm17 wrote: can we orginise a match as soon as possible also bob put me in for consideration as officer?

Everyone is eligible to become an officer. I've decided you need to be at least a Captain in the game to be put foward for a position. I was going to let anyone with any rank become one but it's probably best if you've got some experience under your belt first.

However, DON'T bug me to get promoted here or give you an officer position as you will end up being turned down. Fair warning guys, let it be the first and last time.

The best time for a clan match is at the weekend, because that's the only time I can get on. Providing we've got enough people online it shouldn't be a problem. I hope your friend won't mind getting his arse kicked :P

At 3/2/09 04:51 PM, Jack wrote: We could have one on the weekend I guess. That seems like the time when everyone is available.

Yes. If we have a good number of peeps on then it will happen.

I had a pretty frustrating match earlier. I had a lot of those moments when you shoot an enemy 10-12 times and he then kills you with a single shot. Also, Medics reviving me while the enemies are right next to me.

That's happened to me a few times. I've also been killed by someone and then they die about half a second later :S

As for Medics, you can use the revival tool from quite a distance so you don't end up getting slotted as well. Use that to your advantadge ;)

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

BBS Signature

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-03-03 14:11:49

OK I WAS JUST ASKING SHEESH

Joking but yeah okies, i just got prometed to lieutenant.

also engineer? they are quite poor, considering i cant really plant turrets anywhere. (apart from in my teams area)

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-03-03 15:32:24

At 3/3/09 02:11 PM, jtm17 wrote: OK I WAS JUST ASKING SHEESH

That was to everyone but at least you got the message lol ;)

also engineer? they are quite poor, considering i cant really plant turrets anywhere. (apart from in my teams area)

Well they won't kill anything there! It's best to put them in central areas of maps which is where you're most likely to clash with enemy players. For example on Blood Gracht you can try placing them in corridors or near the canal area. Just keep experimenting and I'm sure you'll get used to it :)

Also, how's everyone doing rank and kills/death wise? I'm asking because the KZ website is broken again and I can't check on there >,<

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

BBS Signature

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-03-05 08:55:03

At 3/3/09 03:32 PM, BobbaQ wrote:
Also, how's everyone doing rank and kills/death wise? I'm asking because the KZ website is broken again and I can't check on there >,<

I've just received the 'Major' rank - I'll try out the 'respawn grenades' later. Although I'm most looking forward to getting the sniper rifle.

Anyway I was playing a match earlier and some of the people on the other team were difficult to kill. One guy took three shotgun blasts to take him down. I don't know if they've got a 'extra health' perk or something.

Baby Britain.

BBS Signature

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-03-05 13:46:12

At 3/5/09 08:55 AM, Jack wrote: I've just received the 'Major' rank - I'll try out the 'respawn grenades' later. Although I'm most looking forward to getting the sniper rifle.

I havn't had a go with the Tactician class yet. The Scout is the last thing you unlock, along with the badass sniper rifle.

Anyway I was playing a match earlier and some of the people on the other team were difficult to kill. One guy took three shotgun blasts to take him down. I don't know if they've got a 'extra health' perk or something.

He was most likely using the Assault class. You get body armour which basically means you have double health. And you have the choice of two rocket lauchers or the grenade launcher.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

BBS Signature

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-03-06 10:43:47

can we actually play for once! IM ALL ON MY OWN!

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-03-06 10:49:42

i just got general last night an im sorry butwhat ae the differeences betwe the two rocket launchers besides one has a scope.

PSN ID: Unseen_Fury Gamertag: Ungeshener Zorn STEAMID: Unseen Fury

BBS Signature

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-03-06 15:57:03

Well here it is ladies, the first ever roster! Sorry for being a bit late.

Appointments: BlueFlameskulls, Jack, Final2Legion, Darksoldier and jtm17 are to be made officers.

Promotions: Because I can, everyone is promoted to Corporal. Congrats!

Killzone 2 Barracks Roster #1

Commander

BobbaQ - KillSwitch_Bob

General

Colonel

Major

Captain

Lieutenant

Sergeant Major

Sergeant

Corporal

BlueFlameSkulls - BlueFlameSkulls
jtm17 - jtm17
Jack - JackSawyer
ZpLiNtEH - urbanzombehsl4y4
DarkSoldier - TheDark360
Ninja-Without-Sight - Gamermandan
Final2Legion - (don't know your PSN)

Private

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

BBS Signature

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-03-06 16:51:44

At 3/6/09 10:49 AM, Final2Legion wrote: i just got general last night an im sorry butwhat ae the differeences betwe the two rocket launchers besides one has a scope.

because the last rocket launcher is almost heat seeking and yeah its gotz teh scopes

CHEERS BOBBAQ btw

can i invite people to my clan now? like anyone from newgrounds that gets K2 and alsooo......could we do a match please?

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-03-06 19:39:00

At 3/6/09 06:48 PM, xscoot wrote: I hear a lot of negativity about Killzone 2, and even more negativity about the online portion. I'm guessing that you all disagree, but why? I need a solid reason to get this game.

Uh... well... the multi-player isn't the best now and KZ2 Online will probably die soon if they don't add stuff. You can't keep playing a game with only 10 maps and 5 game styles for months to come. Along with only having like 6 ranks in the game. I think BobbaQ nearly unlocked everything if I'm not mistaken on multiplayer so it is pretty short. I did enjoy Singleplayer even if it wasn't very long but i still found the game to be good.

I say get Killzone2 because they probably will add more maps and gamestyles and if they're really smart, more ranks.

Need advice? Visit the RELATIONSHIP CREW!

BBS Signature

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-03-06 20:34:12

At 3/6/09 08:05 PM, xscoot wrote:
Oh, and about what you said. I've played MGO faithfully for months. There are 10 game modes, but I really only play 5 (some of them run together anyhow). It also only has five maps, if you don't get the expansions. The game is so much fun, that you just don't care. Am I to be told that Killzone 2 got boring after only a few weeks, even though it had 10 full maps?

I have MGS4 (MGO) so i know the game. I liked MGO but then with all the expansions and stuff i didn't feel like playing it anymore and i got other games which i prefer (CoD4, CoD WaW, etc.). I liked MGO's maps though. I don't really like Killzone 2's maps. I only like about 2 of them. I don't think it's 10 maps exactly for KZ2 but I'd say it's no more than 12 maps. The game modes in Killzone2 are what i dislike. in search & destroy you can respawn. I hate that. Guerilla games took a really good game style and messed it up. I like to play 16vs16 and in KZ2 you have to plant 2 bombs in S&D. So tell me, how do you plant the bomb with 16 people from the enemy team trying to kill you AND THEY CAN RESPAWN. But yeah i like MGO but i don't want to start comparing it to a first person shooter.

Am I to be told that Killzone 2 got boring after only a few weeks, even though it had 10 full maps?

Well... it's only been out for a week but i don't think this game's online can last really long unless they add stuff. Now, the big reason i say that the game won't last long is because i dislike the maps and what they've done to the game styles. CoD WaW has only 10 maps but i like most of the maps so therefore I can say that CoD WaW will last for years to come and they're adding maps & game styles so that's good. And in KZ2 it will only take people a few game rounds before they unlock almost everything. There aren't that many guns to choose from either. One thing that's good with KZ2 is that there hasn't been much lag or any lag to report of. Also, what do you mean by 10 full maps?

BBS Signature

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-03-07 08:39:32

At 3/6/09 04:51 PM, jtm17 wrote: CHEERS BOBBAQ btw

No prob.

can i invite people to my clan now? like anyone from newgrounds that gets K2 and alsooo......could we do a match please?

Anyone that's an officer can approve new members but I think I'm the only one that can invite people to join. As for a match, I'll be on tonight so make sure you're around :)

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

BBS Signature

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-03-07 09:58:44

At 3/7/09 08:39 AM, BobbaQ wrote:
Anyone that's an officer can approve new members but I think I'm the only one that can invite people to join. As for a match, I'll be on tonight so make sure you're around :)

Brilliant, I'll be on later tonight. Anyway, I'm about 300 points from General at the moment.

I've been mainly entering the deathmatches simply because I get 3 points for every kill.

Baby Britain.

BBS Signature

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-03-08 10:56:31

if you cheat the chances are you could get everything you could possibly want it about 10 hours of gameplay, do you know how hard it is to get the M4 Revolver?

there are also some real dumbass'es on Killzone 2 seriously alot of people are idiots

they do need to expand on game modes, guns, maps etc.

and possibly episodes for story mode!

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-03-08 18:26:18

At 3/8/09 10:56 AM, jtm17 wrote: also some real dumbass'es on Killzone 2 seriously alot of people are idiots

Oh fuck don't get me started, when I played earlier I lost count of how many times some twat walked right in front of me and I subsequently blow his head off point blank, and lost several points.
And the idiots who blindfire melee when and enemy is clearly on the other side of the room, I got teamkilled when I was trying to revive people as a medic.

Also, I. fucking. HATE. Friendly Fire, it's acceptable in some games such as Rainbow Six and Left 4 Dead, but in a game like Killzone 2 where every weapon will rip your opponents face off.

I love metal like crackheads love anal. and crack.

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-03-09 04:02:13

At 3/8/09 06:26 PM, ZpLiNtEh wrote:
At 3/8/09 10:56 AM, jtm17 wrote: also some real dumbass'es on Killzone 2 seriously alot of people are idiots
Oh fuck don't get me started, when I played earlier I lost count of how many times some twat walked right in front of me and I subsequently blow his head off point blank, and lost several points.
And the idiots who blindfire melee when and enemy is clearly on the other side of the room, I got teamkilled when I was trying to revive people as a medic.

Also, I. fucking. HATE. Friendly Fire, it's acceptable in some games such as Rainbow Six and Left 4 Dead, but in a game like Killzone 2 where every weapon will rip your opponents face off.

Too True, someone was standing infront of me for around 15 seconds (thats a long time in this game) so BAMN head shot!

also the tactician medal is probably the easiest, i could do it in 8 games piss easy

and yes freindly fire does suck, unless you play a small game otherwise dont bother.

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-03-09 10:55:14

At 3/9/09 04:02 AM, jtm17 wrote: also the tactician medal is probably the easiest, i could do it in 8 games piss easy

and yes freindly fire does suck, unless you play a small game otherwise dont bother.

I got that medal this weekend too. I got a few pistol and sniper ribbons but it's so hard to get enough kills. I did the 2nd medic medal and I've done the 2nd scout medal as well.

And I was in the top 6% again too. I could've been higher but trying to get a whole weeks worth of kills in a weekend just isn't doable.

Do you have any idea what was up with our comms channel when we had a game jtm? Because I don't. The interference meant I could barely make out what you were saying. Also, who invited the randoms to the clan?

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

BBS Signature

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-03-09 11:35:08

At 3/9/09 10:55 AM, BobbaQ wrote:
At 3/9/09 04:02 AM, jtm17 wrote: also the tactician medal is probably the easiest, i could do it in 8 games piss easy

I got that medal this weekend too. I got a few pistol and sniper ribbons but it's so hard to get enough kills. I did the 2nd medic medal and I've done the 2nd scout medal as well.

And I was in the top 6% again too. I could've been higher but trying to get a whole weeks worth of kills in a weekend just isn't doable.

Do you have any idea what was up with our comms channel when we had a game jtm? Because I don't. The interference meant I could barely make out what you were saying. Also, who invited the randoms to the clan?

well that was my fault about the random people, they are all Newgrounds members who have the game, sorry i really should have asked, one of them is stamper, one of them is Oney the flash animator also there are other NG members who asked to join. I dont know about unknownvoice i think he has killzone 2 but he is really good at FPS like COD4/5 also again he is a NG member

From now on i will ask if i want to do anything clan related
Also would i be able to have permission to organize a game?

And the Sound thing was that alot of the time i turned off my headset because other people were talking in my house, also i was listening to music SORRY

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-03-10 14:40:39

At 3/9/09 11:35 AM, jtm17 wrote: well that was my fault about the random people, they are all Newgrounds members who have the game, sorry i really should have asked, one of them is stamper, one of them is Oney the flash animator also there are other NG members who asked to join. I dont know about unknownvoice i think he has killzone 2 but he is really good at FPS like COD4/5 also again he is a NG member

Oh right, well as long as they're NG peeps that's perfectly alright. And Unknown has sent me a PM saying he wants in so welcome to him. JohnnyUtah has Killzone as well so send him an invite this week.

From now on i will ask if i want to do anything clan related
Also would i be able to have permission to organize a game?

You're an officer so go right ahead and sort one out. That goes for the other officers as well, just make sure there's a decent amount of you on :)

And the Sound thing was that alot of the time i turned off my headset because other people were talking in my house, also i was listening to music SORRY

Fair enough lol.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

BBS Signature

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-03-10 15:12:07

OK then i will orginise the match, i might look on the K2 website make a thread or something

Also some needs to make a K2 emblem

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-03-10 16:04:35

Double Post I KNOW

http://www.killzone.com/kz/_ns:YVByb3h5L TF8YzB8ZDB8ZXByb3h5VGFyZ2V0PTE9TDNOalpXV XZZbTloY21RdmJXVnpjMkZuWlQ5aWIyRnlaQzVwW kQwNUpuUm9jbVZoWkM1cFpEMDNORFV3T1E9PT09/
forums.psml

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-03-11 21:39:26

At 3/10/09 03:12 PM, jtm17 wrote: OK then i will orginise the match, i might look on the K2 website make a thread or something

Get on with it then ;)

I think I know just the guy for the job.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

BBS Signature

Response to Killzone 2 Clan Barracks 2009-03-11 23:06:50

At 3/10/09 03:12 PM, jtm17 wrote: OK then i will orginise the match, i might look on the K2 website make a thread or something

Hey, i can't wait for us to start doing to clan matches. I do believe i am an Officer? Last time i checked our Killzone 2 Clan page on Killzone 2 i think Killswitch had said i am one but i had no clue if i was since the clan page didn't really specify my rank.

I would but I'm of busy with other sig requests.

BBS Signature