Reviews for "A Sweet Typing Thrill"

so third entry confirmed :3

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

Haha, eventually. It'll take a fair while until I make it :)

This game, as well as its original, is so intriguing. Through text and riddles, the Noel's story is told. For each riddle, I have to rack my brains for the solution, and each riddle is clearly thought through very deeply. I thank you for such an interesting game!

However, I found it difficult at times when I was completely stuck (for example the 'Rotate' riddle). If I may, I'd like to suggest putting in an option to earn/gain a further hint to help those who are well and truly stuck, so that they won't have to resort to searching up a gameplay.

Despite, this, I still loved both games in this series! Thank you, again!

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

I'm glad to hear you like both this game, as well as the original! It's also nice that the puzzles seem thought through. You're welcome, and thank you for playing (and naturally, thank you for writing a review as well)!

I do understand that some parts can be difficult, and easy to get stuck on. Whereas I agree with your critique, and appreciate the suggestion, it would be difficult to implement that mechanic from a story perspective! Maybe with an internal monologue like... "When pondering upon what the puzzle could mean, suddenly I found an additional note under the table" thing could work, but at the same time that could seem forced. I'll think about it for the third game, which I will eventually make.

Thanks again!

Enjoyed the game, but I was able to guess the answers for "rotate" and "assimilation" rather easily even though in the game it told me I'd have a bad time trying to. To me, the answers were very "typical" of what an ego maniacal serial killer would say. All these comments saying Rotate was difficult has me wondering if I was lucky or just that damn good :)

"Riddle Me This" had me rattled. I tried everything that made perfect sense and everything that only kind of made sense. I ended up having to look at a walkthrough, and I found out the answer was one of my first guesses, but I didn't put a certain "determiner" word before it. In the future, I'd suggest having multiple "answers" with different variations for a riddle like that to avoid people going down the wrong track because they thought they were wrong.

As well, I wish it was a little longer as well, yes, solving the riddles can add up in time, but I feel a nice even 10 would have been nice to wrack my brain around.

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

I'm glad you enjoyed the game. I see that you've played the first game earlier, too. I'm not surprised you were able to guess the answers, as I've left a lot of clues in the writing, to set the player on the right track. I also don't think it's a bad thing that an ego manical serial killer acts like one would assume such a person to do, but I'm not sure if that was even meant as a critique. As you indeed mention, the game is fairly short, and thus there isn't room for too much character development. The two main reasons the game is fairly short, is because a lot of people find it to be fairly difficult, so it still ends up taking a while, along with the fact that creating savefiles for this game would've been a bit unproductive. Also, I'm obviously only a hobby game developer, and mainly a musician, so I think it'll be a while before I decide to tackle a bigger game project :)

While I agree on your criticism of the riddle, as I've noted that flaw quite a few times, I do suggest reading the 8th sentence in the description of the game (written in parentheses) :D
I will try to avoid similar misses in the future though!

Thank you for playing, and for the review! I hope you're having a nice day.

Hope to see another one, I'm curious to where the story will go :D

P.S Rotate had me seriously pulling my hair out.

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

Thank you for the review!
Rotate seems to have had that effect on a few people xD

This was awesome! I love puzzles and riddles and this type of game was a little new for me, what with it being on the internet. I did get stuck on Rotate for a little bit, but once I figured it out the whole rest of the game was an absolute breeze that I sailed right through.

I do think it could have been harder as it ultimately took me just under 12 minutes to beat once I figured Rotate out. However, in terms of the gameplay, it was seamless, and actually visually appealing despite the lack of graphics. I also really enjoyed the music too, kudos to you on that. I'm looking forward to the next one!

Thank you, sndub26!

It's great that you enjoyed my game. The difficulty varies greatly from person to person; if I make it too difficult less people will ultimately end up liking the game. But I don't want it to be too easy either!
Rotate is a bit of a "out of the box", I suppose ;)

I'm glad you liked the music and visuals too! Hopefully, you'll enjoy some of my future games once I get to them. Thank you for playing, as well as for your review! ^ ^