Reviews for "A Sweet Typing Thrill"

this is not my type of game. i don't that the time to be reading this shit. i need something more interesting. i'm not talking about picture but... idk this is lame. i looked at the more interesting comments and saw that the people who did take the time to play this really liked it so it must be good. i though, am still unsatisfied.

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

I get that it's not everyone's type of game. But if you know that, why would you play it? :p
And even review it without knowing much about it :)
But, thank you for leaving your thoughts anyway, and thanks for the high score!

Omg, my head hurts now. Had to open a couple of windows to let the smoke out. This was a well thought out concoction of testing peoples knowledge and/or resourcefulness. If you don't have working knowledge of the puzzles' mechanics, then you better make Google your best friend. I had never heard of the "Rotate" thing before. Good to know for any future games. I am impressed with the variety that you have here. No 1 puzzle is truly alike.
Great job on the music, too. Music may be your passion, but you have a knack for this as well. I applaud you, and everybody that aided you on this endeavor, for a job well done.
I can't seem to get the secret ending. Maybe, I'm burnt out a lil bit, and need to recharge my batteries. Lol
I look forward to the next one.

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

Thank you for playing the second game as well!

Yeah, I know it can be a bit of a tough nut to crack. But I suppose that's the point of the entire game, hehhe :p

Google is definitely recommended for beating the game, since the game increases in difficulty to an unnecessary degree without it. A fairly impossible one, even, if one doesn't happen to have the knowledge required from the get go.
While I kind of repeated 1 thing from the previous game, that repetition had its purpose too. Other than that, I did my best to give you new and interesting challenges to face ^ ^

I like creating things in general, whether it be music, games, art or writing (along with other things). It's pleasing to hear that you think I have a knack for game design as well! I'm a better designer than a creator, I think, as I can only make fairly simple games on my own at this point, but that's enough to satisfy me :p

The secret ending is a bit of a difficult one. The only hint you need is really the title, hehe :D
But if you're desperate for more, I suppose you could shoot me a PM if you find yourself stuck :3

"Substitutions" really was the hardest one. Well, actually not. The right answer was among my first guesses, but you should really give "the" hint you gave in an earlier review in the game as well.

I loved the − − − − − · − · · · · · one, especially since it took me quite some time to get the "obvious" solution ^.^ I think you should not limit the input to a certain type of characters here. Just with brute force I almost arrived at the correct answer. I wouldn't even have tried that if the input had not been limited.

Getting the name was quite straightforward once I was there, but I had to rerun the game to get it.

I want a sequel now :p

Why hello there :)
I was secretly waiting for you to play this game!
Once again, I have not forgotten about our conversation, it's just that I apparently suck at responding to people in decent time nowadays. I suppose I used to be really good at it, but the amounts of conversations I'm having has been drastically increased :p

I'm super happy that you enjoyed the game! It's always difficult for me to know exactly how much I should give away in terms of hints within the game, in terms of balancing the difficulty.

It's good to hear that the level I put the most effort into was satisfying >:D
The main reason I limited the input is because of how the game is "coded". It's definiely not conventional, because I'm not that good at it myself :)
However, I also figured it'd stop people from getting too far off track.

I'm very aware that a lot of people have to replay the game, though I've made sure that it can be done fairly quickly using 'backspace', so I don't think it should be too much of a hassle in the end.

There will eventually be a third game, though I am suspecting it'll take me quite a while (probably a few years) to gather the enegry. I'm hoping I'll make the third game slightly more elaborate than the first two, although I'm not entirely sure yet.

Thanks a lot for playing, and for leaving a review!

The puzzles reminded me of Mu Complex, which makes me, an avid browser gamer, feel miserable.

The story and the music are the only good things of this game. As I said, the puzzles aren't very original (the .- one is nice, though), but the worst thing is the fade-out sequences. They may be good for creating atmosphere, but they should be skippable.

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

I remember My Complex. I played the first game once, back when it was still a browser game. Though I did still find a functional version up on one site.
I have to wonder if it has been a while since you played the Mu Complex, as apart from one puzzle, there aren't many similarities between the games. Except for them being text-based puzzle games (as opposed to text-based adventure games), naturally. I don't think they can have monopoly on an entire genre. That said, I don't know if the second game happens to have more levels which are similar, since I've never played it.

However, there is one puzzle which indeed is similar to one of Mu Complex's levels, but they did not invent that sort of puzzle either, nor did I draw inspiration from it; that type of puzzle has probably existed for thousands of years.

I'm glad to hear you liked that .- puzzle, as that's probably the level that took the longest to create, for several reasons.

Also, the story and music making up 66% of the game, I'm happy that you enjoyed them :)

As for the fade-sequences, I get what you mean. But I also know that the majority of the players enjoy the game precisely for the atmosphere, while the puzzles are the actual gaming aspect of the game. The game being what it is, I choose to sacrifice a bit of conventionalism, in order to achieve other aspects such as good atmosphere. Which one is more important is of course, subjective. But seeing as the fading sequences cost you less than even one minute during the duration of the entire game, I think it's probably acceptable.

I hope that you're satisfied with those explanations!

Thank you for playing and for letting me know your thoughts! :)

I Really enjoyed the experience of this game. I am glad I didn't use a walktrough for this, because I think it would've ruin it. I actually wrote down the code for the final answer on a paper. deciphering the answer letter by letter made me feel like a real detective ^_^

Thank you, IceSquare!
It's awesome that you wrote down your ideas on paper! When making the game, I imagined some people would do that, and it sounds really cool. I think it adds an extra element of realism and enjoyability to the game :)
I'm glad you didn't use the walkthrough someone uploaded either! I think it's fine when people are really stuck on a level to look at one in order to move on. But it kinda ruins the 'secret ending' to find out how to get it through the walkthrough :p