Reviews for "A Sweet Typing Thrill"

I admit that I'm not a fan of text games, but this was quite fun. I really did have no idea what was going on. You create such a great atmosphere. It's hard to say anything about the details. It has exactly what it needs. The music is great.

It was easy to get past the first one. I just put down "I Understand". It says so on the medal. It doesn't do that for the second part. For people who are into text games, play this.

Thank you, Ericho!
Yeah, I get that text-based games are not for everybody, but I'm glad that you enjoyed this game regardless :)
I am a huge fan of games with just the right atmosphere, so I try to achieve something to that effect as well. After all, composing music is the main thing I do :)

Yeah, the first part is mostly there in order for the player to get used to the mechanics. After that, the difficulty has an immediate increase :)

Thanks for encouraging others to try out the game :3

This is a great game. It's challenging enough to be fun without getting TO frustrating. I got stuck on the rotate puzzle just because I kept putting a space, but that was my fault for being an idiot. I'm unable to finish the game because for the life of me I can't figure out the sequence. (help pls)

Other then that it's a great game. I rate 5/5

Why thank you ^ ^
I'm glad you didn't find it too frustrating, since I always worry a bit that people will get annoyed at the difficulty.
Yeah, the way I made it, a space counts as a character, since it's needed for a few answers.

The level you're stuck on is one that I put a bit more work into than the others. I can't give too many hints without giving the puzzle away. But if you recognize the hint in the title, try googling a chart (or have a look at a certain wikipedia article). And try to think about how that could be applied to the level :)

The game froze on the third puzzle for me as I was skipping the text as well. Also I tried doing the skipping part a little bit slower but it still froze on me. So I guess we just have to not skip the third puzzle text and wait for it to finish then I guess? I do not know why it doing this on the third puzzle and not the others. Also I am not that upset about this because it doesn't take that long to get back to the third puzzle. Kinda would be silly just to get mad at something that you can probably bypass in the next 2 or 3 minutes.

Alright, understood!
Thank you for being informative in a respectful way. I tried reproducing the issue a while ago, but nothing really happened. However, I'll have another look at the game, and see if I'll be able to fix it even if it doesn't happen to me.

Thanks for playing either way!

In the meanwhile, I recommend using the backspace button instead, unless that also causes issues.

EDIT: Should be fixed now, maybe? I changed a minor detail, so hopefully that took care of it.

Game froze on the third puzzle.

It got up to the green ["ABJURER" as well.]

Unless I'm missing something, I can't type, hit Z, or enter.

I was trying to skip through the text because I just wanted to solve puzzles.. so maybe I skipped through too fast?

Could you please include some instructions to tell us the rate we're allowed to skip through the text?

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

Ahh, well. I'll update my response. Seems like you're indeed not the only person experiencing issues at that spot. I went back and changed the value of one line, hopefully that'll fix the problem. Still, I don't think that the issue was huge enough to merit such a reaction :p

This was one of my favorite, most enjoyed experiences on Newgrounds. I'm not even sure if I've even given a 5 star rating to another game.

Such a diverse set of puzzles (rotate and .- are brilliant), and a captivating story to boot. Music was pleasant, and the addition of the enter and backspace buttons made this perfect.

I didn't want this journey to end; it was so much fun!

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

Whoah, those are some pretty huge compliments!
I'm happy you enjoyed playing the game :)

I try to make sure that all puzzles are satisfying to some extent, but naturally, some will stand out a bit more than others. As for the story, I find that it's almost even more difficult to write than the puzzles are to come up with xD
So it's pleasing to hear that it hit home.

And yeah, I think that while letting the game run its course the first time adds to the atmosphere, it's nice to be able to speed the experience up, upon returning to it after a break, or so :)