Reviews for "A Sweet Typing Thrill"

I just played "Playing with Letters" and "A Sweet Typing Thrill" in one go and I loved both of them!

For me, the second part was way harder. In the first game, I only cheated on the last riddle but this time the "Rotate" riddle was kinda impossible without help.
I took a lucky guess with the last one (ok, the theme of this part made it easier to guess) and was happy I took notes ^_^

Anyway, I hope to see more in this series!
Keep up the great work!

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

Thank you for playing both games, and in one go too! I'm glad you enjoyed them both :3

I do think that in general, the second game is more difficult than the first. I know that that stage is next to impossible without going outside of the game, but there's a reference to a certain website in that level, on purpose ;)

It's good that you took notes! After all, it's also encouraged within the game ^ ^

Thanks you again for leaving reviews on both games, and best of luck to you in whatever you do :)

Ho-lee shit... This game just bloody amazing. I can't believe the quality of the writing and the wordplay and just... ugh! I got stuck on the rotate puzzle but then I had a light bulb moment, and I was filled with pure admiration for you and this great game. Keep it up mate.

Also, the secret ending... Completely blew my mind. Another light bulb moment if you will.

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

I'm glad you had some of those light bulb moments, since they are what I wanted to give the players, through the game. The feeling you get when you solve something is always quite nice ^ ^
The writing took quite a while for me, so it's great that you think it's good!

Thank you for playing and for reviewing, THD :)

As expected, awesome :D

Took me less time to figure the answers on this one, compared to the prequel. But maybe because I love communication? Or maybe the game is slightly easier? Either way it was challenging enough for me to get stuck on the Rotate one.
And I'm still stuck at the ending, but will definitely come back to try again

As for the game revew,
Even though there are no "graphics" to review (aside from the font used), but that leaves more space for you, the player, to imagine yourself as the detective, rackng your brain to find the solution for this weird case, possibly with other's lives (and your own) at stake. And I find this pretty neat. The music fits right in and the voices creeped me out xD
Will recommend to my friends when we talk about puzzle/riddle games!

Thank you, Danpcz!

Intereting that you in general found this instalment to be easier than the second one, as I'm pretty sure it has been the other way around for most other people :O
Great job getting so far in one go!

The ending is a bit of a tough one, but maybe you remember the basic concept from the first game? It's a bit different, but don't forget to pay attention while you play the game again, in order to get back to the last stage.

Yeah, I've decided that even if I could've added some graphics, like a desk and a computer with a screen, I wanted to go with a more "pure" text-based feel. Also, I think indeed think it makes it easier for the player to immerse into the game (within the game) as if they were playing it themselves.

Glad you like the music! :D

Thanks again for playing, reviewing, and for possibly recommending this to your friends!

I love this game even more than the last one! Good job on the riddles, for me they're exactly as challenging as I want them to be, and solving one makes me feel like a modern day Sherlock. Also, it seems like the secret ending is hinting towards a part three, if that's the case, I can't wait!

Thank you, redlink106!
It's nice to hear that you like it even more than the first one!
I did spend a lot of time figuring out how I should balance the difficulty, but I think it turned out somewhat okay. There will eventually be a third and final game, but it will definitely take a fairly long time until then :)

Played these a couple nights back. Really enjoyed both games. Fun puzzles and a good vibe. Great work! Inspiring!

Thank you, Eiomaru!
For playing both games, and for coming back to leave a review :)
I'm glad you liked them! :D