Reviews for "Ghost Motel 1: Resurrected"

?? I really don't understand all the hype in the other comments... I get the nostalgia thing, but seriously there's absolutely nothing in this game!!! There are no puzzles, the items can't be used, there's barely any dialogue at all, you can't skip the dialogue when there's some, and the "ending" is just perplexing; I had to check the walkthrough 'cause I was certain to have missed something. This ending looks like a "bad" alternate ending, a fail, not the end of a game... I'm reaaaally surprised about the ranking this game gets here...

Noodle responds:

If I were ever to do another game of this style, I would definitely add the ability to skip dialogue. I didn't expect it to be such a heavily requested feature.

The ending matches the original game. It is meant to be a bit of a cliffhanger. I think that intention gets a little bit lost, and I plan to add a small revision to the game that makes that a little more clear.

Unskippable dialogue really slows it down and, for me, subtracts from it. Also, no way to restart the game from the end screen? "Back" seems to do nothing.

Other than that, it's very short, but nice and simple for what it is.

Noodle responds:

I wanted to ensure that people were actually reading the dialogue, and getting the most out of the story. I have had a number of people list that as a negative. If I were to make this style of game again, I would definitely add that as a feature!

The back button not working is a glitch! Thanks for that catch. It should be fixed now.

This is not bad at all, just simple and short.

Voice acting was really good! However, there's not much to do in this motel other than hearing a wild scream in a lady's room. That didn't scare me.

I don't understand what the hype is all about when I read the comments. There is no puzzle, just standard check in and go to your room then there is that ending that feel like you lost but when you try again, you realise that this is really the end. It feels like the intro of a game.

For "lost hope" medal, What I did was take the bottle near the ghosts that drink tea, click on one specific of the many candle flames "a bit of a pixel hunt" then click two time on the painting near the musical sheet. I don't understand the logic, the name of the medal or how this is a puzzle but it worked for me.

Noodle responds:

The original game was actually titled, "Ghost Motel 1: Intro", so it really is meant to lead to bigger things.

It really is less of a puzzle, and more of just a reason to get people exploring the Motel. I think I will make some small adjustments to that.