Reviews for "Zero Hour (2011)"

Near the mark...

As a piece of music, I would rate it a 10/10, you've done awesomely with this track. But I've given it an 9/10 because you were trying to combine all parts of metal. I'm not sure you got EVERYTHING. If you do a revision of this, see if you can jimmy some math metal complicated passage in there, cause I'm hearing more and more of that in metal these day. Also. Um. I didn't hear any instances of that sorta "screech" you hear in a fair bit metal. Like at the end of a passage the guitars just go "wooooorrrp!" Do you know what I mean? I find it hard to explain. But I feel as a collection of everything metal into one song, those sort of elements should be added in there.

But on it's own, this is fucking brilliant. 9/10, 5/5 and downloaded. You sir win at life.

deadlyfishes responds:

I know exactly what you're talking about, but that's not really from the pure essence of the "metal" genre. That's more of what you hear from the newer sub-genres of metal. It's not really trying to convey EVERY style of metal, but it focuses on the core elements of the genre, sure minute elements were excluded, but the point was made and it was done very well. I do have more "metal" that you are referring to on my website! Check it out on my website: matthewpablo.com Thanks again for the review and feedback!

Awesome

I listen to a lot of rock, and I play guitar in two bands. For me this conveys what metal really is, something a vocalist would have taken away. 5 stars for sure.

deadlyfishes responds:

Thanks for your comment! Be sure to check out my website: matthewpablo.com

Woooooaaahhhh!

Holy, I hate heavy metal but... When I heard the bit at 16 I just loved it, nice man, :D.

deadlyfishes responds:

I'm turning people over to the metal side of music! Muahaha. Anyways thanks for your review! Be sure to check out my website: matthewpablo.com

This was so..

..good!
I'm happy that we have some really talented musicians on NG.
Also to hear another metal/strings-blend on NG is pretty good.
Looking forward to hear more like that!

5/5
9/10

Why not 10/10?
Well it's all good but i think after 4:12 it sounds not that good.
That's it!

Keep it up *thumbs up*

It's okay.

It's okay. At the intro, I thought "Well this is pretty good." But for metal, after the intro, It's pretty bland for some of the song. There is a lot of flavor, but your reuse the same thing a few times. I could listen to this for a long time, but I would always know what comes next.

Overall, 5/5, 8/10.

deadlyfishes responds:

I can see that. If you actually take metal music and listen to it, it's pretty much the same format. Believe it or not, it is actually pretty boring and monotone without vocals, so I'm guessing you'd probably like the version of this song with vocals. Anyways, thanks for your honest opinion I appreciate it. Be sure to check out my website: matthewpablo.com