Reviews for "Remove Police"

I haven't written a review in a long time...

But I felt this submission deserved special recognition. It's been wonderfully animated and it's obvious that you took painstaking care when making this. The music is fantastic and you synced it up to the video amazingly. It makes me think of late 70s, early 80's techno (in a good way, and that's hard since early 80's techno was... horrible) and it very stylish. In particular, the scene that I think it fantastic and makes me giggle every time is the one where everybody (police, the robot, and the green guy) are all dancing together under flashing lights.

It is irritating that many people have somehow taken offense to what is very obviously a fun and awesome flash, giving it lower ratings then it deserves because they somehow got the message that you're an anarchist, etc. I mean come on people, the robot disco dances while shooting things. This is like when people took offense to the movie Dogma for being anti-Christianity. I mean it had a rubber poop monster in it for crying out loud. You can't make a serious world changing political/religious statement with a disco dancing robot/rubber poop monster. And if you think you can, you are far too weak minded and we need to call the local cable company and cut off your access so you don't go and kill someone/rape someone after watching an episode of Law and Order. Also we should cut off your phone and internet too, just in case.

Back to the author, this was an excellent piece of flash especially considering it's a first submission, and I plan on sharing it with my friends (one of whom is majoring in interactive multimedia aka flash at our college) and seeing what they think. I really look forward to seeing you on the frontpage again. Thanks for actually taking time and effort to make something as entertaining as this for the masses.

And Kudos for somehow squeezing it into below 5 megs. :)

Superb for a first submission. Very nicely done.

Don't be defensive about the theme. It would have rung true to the people of what used to be East Germany, Poland, Yugoslavia, Soviet Union, etc. Perhaps the people of China, Tibet, Iran, Cuba and Venezuela will be able to view it. It is a great flash video! Make More.

Great job.

Can't say I agree with the lyrics 100%, being a cop myself, but I liked the video. Word to the simpleminded anarchists who may be watching... You're definitely going to need a giant robot to take out the police... so please focus all of your attention to the construction of them, rather than going out and shooting a bunch of innocent people- then getting mowed down by a Benelli automatic.

~Your loving local PD

Awesome, utterly

I have watched newgrounds movies for years but never went through the trouble of joining to comment...but this video screamed for me to comment. I loved it! Makes me want to go watch V for Vendetta. I'm not an anarchist, but I definately like when the masses scream for change against the authority which isn't representing them appropiately. Congrats and please make more. It disapoints me that you don't support such a strong message. In certain contexts totalitarian governments do suppress freedom of speech and civil rights, and your video would definately speak to them.

UltraSheriff responds:

V for Vendetta was a great movie! As for me not supporting my message, some regimes definitely need to be fought and overthrown, if we blindly accept authority for the sake of not stirring up the hive, we`ll soon have holocaust all over again. This is however not aimed at any regime in particular, and therefore I need to stress the importance of not applying it to every government in general. As I`ve said earlier, I certainly don`t feel like removing the police or overthrowing the government in my country...

And also thanks for your very flattering comments!:)

super song!

cool what if we don't got police everyone will kill everyone and it will be chaos the shops will be robbed enz.

but that doesn't care cool movie nice work

UltraSheriff responds:

Thank you for your compliments! I do not however promote anarchism, and I do not want to remove the police. True I`m anti oppression and if the police act like they do in my video then we all have a problem. But I take it for given you all agree with me on that:)
This is however meant as fiction and art, I believe one should always question authority, and we do have a right and a responsibility to do so, but I do in no way encourage anarchy, chaos, violence, or antisocial behaviour.
A tremendous Thank you! to everyone who`s been reviewing and giving me great feedback, good to see most of you see it as humor, cause it`s meant to be funny too, I mean come on, the lyrics aren`t really very reflective, I suppose they`re a kind of parody on all the immature punk stuff many people listen to.
Again, thanks to everyone, it`s extremely uplifting for me to see so many people taking an interest in my work!