00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeedoRH just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Flow Runner

Share Collapse

Log in to save your medals! Don't have an account? Create one for free!

Distance 1 10 Points

Travel at least 1 kilometer in a single run.

Hoarder 1 10 Points

Hoard at least 100 gold in a single run.

Level Up! 10 Points

Level up at least once.

Distance 2 25 Points

Travel at least 2 kilometers in a single run.

Hoarder 2 25 Points

Hoard at least 200 gold in a single run.

Distance 3 50 Points

Travel at least 3 kilometers in a single run. You are officially good at the game.

Hoarder 3 50 Points

Hoard at least 300 gold in a single run. You're either too good, or too frugal.

Level Max! 50 Points

Level up to level 3.

Author Comments

NOTE: If you're running a low end PC and using Google Chrome or Chromium based browsers, you might face a black screen. If you run into any compatibility issues, try using Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, or download the desktop version off of Itch.io.


An endless runner where you avoid spikes, pits, slimes, and even birds. Stop by the shop once in a while to grab a snack to help you keep running. Make sure you don't get knocked off screen or lose too much of your health, otherwise game-over. Keeping track of your stamina is probably a good idea.


>>>CONTROLS

Space / Xbox A: Jump. Tap again to double jump.

C / XBOX X: Dash. Hold to Glide.

X / XBOX B: Dive


>>>LINKS

Itch.io version: https://amni3d.itch.io/flow-runner

My Twitter (where you can see stuff in-development): https://twitter.com/Amni3D


EDIT: Front Page is something I wasn't expecting. Thanks peeps, really.


|||UPDATE 7|||

-Updated Newgrounds IO

|||UPDATE 6|||

-Slimes are less frequent

-Level up cost has been reduced from 125 to 85

|||UPDATE 5|||

-Xbox controller support

-A medal bug has been fixed where medals wouldn't unlock if you died soon after unlocking them.

|||UPDATE 4|||

-Fixed a bug where medal notifications would keep repeating endlessly

|||UPDATE 3|||

-Slimes move 20% slower now

-Fixed a medal unlock related bug where if you unlocked a medal and had a connection issue, you could no longer unlock that medal.

|||UPDATE 2|||

-Added fisheye effect slider in options. Default is much more toned down than the original version.

|||UPDATE 1|||

-Removed fisheye effect

-Reduced Level Up bottle price from 175 to 125

Log in / sign up to vote & review!

If there's only a edit controls option.

Amni3D responds:

Yeah, hardcoded shortsightedness on my part there >_>

It might be a silly little game, but it's still rather charming. Despite what's thought about it.

Amni3D responds:

Thanks :D

The game is very nice but you have major medal and highscore issues...

I got 4,460 meters and fell down with 300+ coins but got neither medal and my highscore stayed at 665, probably my first try. On Firefox btw. Tried on Chrome later, got 4,880 with same result.

When you get a medal unlocked notification, there is probably about 20% chance of it being saved to your account – and 80% of being locked out, forcing you to reset save, refresh, delete scores or even change computer. I did try several things and the "Reset Save" button in options can do wonders. I didn't get my highscore noted but I did get my medals at long last.

While there isn't a clear formula to make medals work, the best tip I can give is: play normally, get your medal criterias, reset save and play a quick game afterwards (i.e. die on purpose). Removing highscore from NG scoreboard can also help, albeit I wasn't able to get another.

Amni3D responds:

The achievement code was super primitive and I haven't touched the game's code for a long while. If I recall, my mistake was not having any redundancy or reconnect system, so yeah it's very easy to lose achievements in that case.

I probably won't touch this game's code again, but it's a good habit to point those issues out.

This is a piece of art guys

Amni3D responds:

Nah, not a chance.
But thanks for playing it o/

I LOVE THIS

Amni3D responds:

It's always a surprise when someone finds this old game.
Thanks for somehow finding this page deep in the internet.

Credits & Info

Views
42,339
Faves:
352
Votes
790
Score
3.84 / 5.00

Uploaded
Jun 8, 2019
7:05 AM EDT
Software
  • Unity