Reviews for "Flow Runner"

Its prety clean and simple, like a popular mobile game. The only think that its probably a little anoying is that there's no option to change the controls, and the hey to go down (X) is above the key to go up (space).

Is like inverted Y of mouse XD
Also, I put my keyboard on my back like the inverted Y mouse and the controls feel so natural! (But I'm also feel stupid on that pose XD)
But overthise that, the game is so great!

Amni3D responds:

Yeah, that's input I'll keep in mind for next time. I stuck with what was more or less the more popular layout for web games, but I can see why it annoys some of you. And depending on the complexity of the game, I'll look into rebindable controls.

I'm immediately getting Sonic vibes with the character. He runs like him, boosts like him, stomps like him...

Was this originally from the Generations engine?

Amni3D responds:

Heavy Sonic inspiration indeed (although I don't feel that it plays like him in practice: different gameplay loop, downplays momentum in comparison, etc).

The game didn't start out as a mod or fangame, or anything to do with Generations in specific. I just took heavy inspiration from Sonic Runners particularly.

I think its good. Controls are slightly confusing but that is just me.

Amni3D responds:

Try the Xbox Controller bindings if the Keyboard controls don't stick with you. Sorry to hear that. It turns out rebindable controls are valuable even in a web game, so that's on me.

Glad you think its fun.

Takes a moment to get used to on PC, but not bad. It feel like things are coming at you to fast to react to at times, and that your making it through the level trough random jumps and dashes.

Amni3D responds:

Yeah, I think the camera work needed a bit more work.

Loads to 90% and then drops an error message:

"An error occurred running the Unity content on this page. See your browser JavaScript console for more info. The error was:
SecurityError: The operation is insecure."

Getting the same error on Kongregate too. I'm using Firefox. The game works on Microsoft Edge though.

Amni3D responds:

That's strange for two reasons. One is that someone reported the bug to me, I fixed it, and he confirmed the fix worked. The other is that I just tried on Firefox, Edge, and Chrome, and it works on all of them. I have a few ideas what could be the cause, but the sad thing is a few of them would be out of my control. Please do me a favor and try these options:

-If you have any addons like McAfee's stuff on Firefox, turn that off and see if it works. This implies that while Firefox doesn't see it as unsafe, that external plugin does.
-Try playing in a private window. If it works, it implies there's an issue related to cookies. Perhaps permissions or something.
-Try playing other Unity games on NG with medal integration and see if those load fine.

In addition, if all of those don't work, I can test a build with you that removes all NG and Kongregate API related code, to see if those are triggering anything. If that's the case, I'll try to see what I can do there.

Thanks for letting me know, this makes me worry too.