Reviews for "Flow Runner"

Somehow, this feels nostalgic to me. The music is also amazing. Was it made with Megadrive instruments? And where do I download it (if possible)?

Amni3D responds:

I didn't use any Megadrive instruments. I used a tool called Bosca Ceoil, since I'm still a music baby and getting used to this. It's a bit annoying at times (no ctrl+z, or even dragging multiple tracks), but it comes with plenty of sounds to work with. I don't think too much of the music I made here though. Personally don't like it, but that comes down to my skill.

I wouldn't upload any music to the audio portal or soundcloud unless I feel as if my skill in music is worth sharing. So, sorry in regards to that.

Pretty fun to play; cool graphics and charming characters that make you want to get farther and farther. A bit frustrating though: the enemies don't act in ways you can react to a lot of the time, and the stamina system can screw you over when it really doesn't even need to be in the game (at least from my impression).

Amni3D responds:

The enemies come down to design oversights in my part.
I think the stamina comes down to tying too much to it. If you want to glide, you have to eat stamina to dash first. If you want to double jump, you have to eat stamina, even so. I don't think the idea is inherently bad here, but too bound to it. Like, could the game play better if double jump was independent of stamina? Or if dashing had a smaller up front cost? Or what if the gliding was completely independent of dashing even if they both use stamina? I feel the abilities should be rethought if I ever touch the idea again (which I do want to, eventually).

I love how relaxing and casual this is. The music and atmosphere really work well together with the challenging but not harsh gameplay. Slimes are still super-hard to dodge though. >_<

Amni3D responds:

Yeah, they do feel a bit random. While they do telegraph a little when they're going to bounce up and down, it's a bit of a coin toss whether by the time you reach them from when they spawned that it'll be readable, or you're running straight into a slime bouncing up, or back down.

I should've designed them to only bounce when they're in range, because otherwise it gets unpredictable, regardless of whether or not the bouncing pattern is readable. So basically, agreed, my bad :v

My best is 4176m. Gotta say I'm pretty satisfied. It's just a little free time game, I'm a fan.

Amni3D responds:

Thanks! Honestly I consider anything past 3000 a pretty high score. Glad you liked it.

this is basically a sonic game.
except this is actually good.
OOOHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amni3D responds:

Hey, a bit rude! There's plenty of good Sonic games, way better than this, I'll tell you that much.

I'd tell you to try Sonic Runners, but SEGA made the amazing decision of making that always online, and shutting down its servers. I'm glad you like it, but nah man, there's Sonic games *way* better than this.