Reviews for "Flow Runner"

This is a surprisingly good runner. Nice way to pass the time. I like the simple PS1 looking visuals and the calm loop of music playing. i like the design of the characters too. Not bad!

Amni3D responds:

I think that look comes from the fact that there's no dynamic lighting, it's all unlit. Much like many PS1 games that were either unlit, or used very simplified lighting models.
And I do think that even today, that's a visual look that should show up more. People have been doing some pretty darn good looking stuff with texture painting, and *just* texture painting in a way that looks modern.

Despite me not being too happy with the visuals of this game, that's a route I want to try to pull off. Not everything needs 5 different maps per material!

Fun! A little bit glitchy though
I had one death where there was a pit and I half-fell in so that I could double jump out and it gave me a game over screen
I also had one where I got stuck on a ledge right behind me, and I don't know really know anything about game development but it may have been due to the hair having a hitbox and it sort of hooking me to that platform

Amni3D responds:

Yeah. The problem is that I decided to code the collision detection myself on top of sloppy intersecting collision made on the spot. So a good portion of the collision code is trying to interpret just what's actually going on, rather than instead just offering a better collision mesh. This is one of my biggest mistakes with the code base- trying to use a bunch of intersecting collision to "save time" but end up spending more time trying to make it work.

I'm aware of the bug, but I likely won't end up fixing it.

its good to be back in newgrounds

Amni3D responds:

I'm glad to see the community here is still kicking too.

Pretty fun. Maybe some missions in next update?

Amni3D responds:

I probably won't update this more as my priority is to make more things. I don't mind the idea I ended up with this game, but I think the execution needs some work before I'd bother with meaty content updates.

Honestly went in not expecting much but turned out to be real fun.

Hey, I don't know what I was expecting out of this either :v