Reviews for "Flow Runner"

REALLY GOOD GAME!!!!

Thanks!

great game to relieve stress

Amni3D responds:

If you want to play a game that really fills that description, try Outrun. Now that's a game that's just all around chill to play.
(thanks, btw)

After struggling to reach 3000 meters for a long while, with the help of luck I reached 8000 meters in one run. That was something.

Amni3D responds:

The trick is to glide once you reach level 3, and keep enough stamina left over once you want to drop. That's how you cheese the game. Official strats- official strategy guide.

Is it just me or does it look trippy when the fisheye effect is at max? Anyway, great game. Keep up the good work!

Amni3D responds:

I personally like how the fisheye effect turned out. Having it all the way up does look weird, but can actually achieve a FOV of greater than 180 degrees if implemented to do so. I think someone actually played Quake at a FOV of 360 degrees by coding the same thing I did. But ultimately I got the idea from Sonic Xtreme.
Also, thanks!

This is a surprisingly good runner. Nice way to pass the time. I like the simple PS1 looking visuals and the calm loop of music playing. i like the design of the characters too. Not bad!

Amni3D responds:

I think that look comes from the fact that there's no dynamic lighting, it's all unlit. Much like many PS1 games that were either unlit, or used very simplified lighting models.
And I do think that even today, that's a visual look that should show up more. People have been doing some pretty darn good looking stuff with texture painting, and *just* texture painting in a way that looks modern.

Despite me not being too happy with the visuals of this game, that's a route I want to try to pull off. Not everything needs 5 different maps per material!