00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Peacock6k just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Great idea

42,882 Views | 1,083 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Great idea 2003-11-10 08:20:47

please post pic of the view of game!

Response to Great idea 2003-11-10 08:47:05

Rombie, ur gonna hafta replace the chat on the page with like an IRC client, cuz the one thats there now sux0r. no offence :P

Saxe, heres the pic u wanted...

Im going to sleep all. nite...

Great idea

Response to Great idea 2003-11-10 08:53:29

Only I was hoping that the charicters in our game wouldnt be so short -- like to actual scale...
nite

Response to Great idea 2003-11-10 08:53:55

Okay thanks. I'll start drawing something, though i dont know what yet... i'll figure it out

Response to Great idea 2003-11-10 08:56:13

BTW: I can get us a irc client. or you can find one at www.hostedstuff.com there alot of other things too, like calender, guest books and blah blah blah.

Response to Great idea 2003-11-10 09:02:21

sorry for all the posts!

But MrRombie put this on the chat page:

<SCRIPT language="JavaScript" src="http://www.hostedstuff.com/services/irc/popup.php?id=2967"></script>
<FORM NAME="UserInfo">
Enter Your nick name:<br>
<input TYPE=TEXT NAME="NICKNAME" SIZE=12 value="Guest">
<input TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="CHANNEL" SIZE=12 value="#thechannel">
<br><br>
<INPUT TYPE="BUTTON" VALUE="ENTER" onClick="send()">
</FORM>

Response to Great idea 2003-11-10 09:30:17

jesus h christ!!! i'm away for a few days and we're on page 14?? i left it on page 2??!/!//1/1//

i would read thro it, but im tired, so is there actually anything left for me to do?

Response to Great idea 2003-11-10 09:31:39

battle system, character ideas/layouts, backgrounds, towns and so on

Response to Great idea 2003-11-10 10:27:10

At 11/10/03 12:45 AM, thewasteofwebspace wrote:
The view will be (as discussed as far as I know by the others) 45 degree top down view. And the battle system appears to still being discussed. Axeltheman, yours seems to be very appriciated... how well do you know the code to be able to change it? If its good, we will use that, because Ruthless likes it, and im very fond of it myself.
The waste.

HAte to say this, but The battle engine barely hasn't got any code, It's just basic

on(press)
_root.Character.gotoAndPlay("Fire");
}

commands, or something like that..

Oh, I have also made a top-view thing for my other RPG, I'll post some pics later on, (have drums in 15 minutes :(

-Axl

Response to Great idea 2003-11-10 10:43:45

A lil' something i did. I think we can use the inventory system?

www.ssjpride.dk/ngprojekt.swf

And yes, i know its wrong view and blah blah

Response to Great idea 2003-11-10 10:45:46

k this is how i see it, so far i have gathered that it will be an rpg based on the early Final Fantasy games (and other games of that genre/style) where the normal world view is the top down 45 degree camera position as seen in the picie up yonder posted by T.W.O.W.S. random encounters with enemies will change the view to battle mode where -either- the player takes it in turns to strategicly beat up the enemy -or- it goes into another kind of battle mode where the player fights in real-time somehow.

anyway. correct me if i'm wrong (my lazyness wouldnt let me read thro all the posts)

either way, it would be good to actually assign tasks to people so we can get this thing going. this would mean that the artists would be kind of redundant while the coders get the game engine built

Response to Great idea 2003-11-10 11:07:49

yeah, it sounds right

Response to Great idea 2003-11-10 11:22:43

I know i just posted once but seriously wtf is goin on, all these ideas of levels, characters etc but there is no actions being taken how about firstly we gather a list of peoples names who are in and will stick with the project till it's release. Also what they are best at doing (story, bgs, characters, sound etc). Then we can work on a general theme (Sprites, 3D, 1st person, platform etc), then a script and perhaps we can start on the characters, level design etc.

Theres all these ideas (some are good i may add), but have no relavence to each other. Also half of them are not original, like SP characters have already been done (Ray Pt. 1) and that FBI agent is straight of alien hominiod, am i correct?

And seriously we dont want 5 min rush jobs (i know i was one of them!), but they dont help us get anywhere, we want quality drawings that have taken time and that you would feel proud in sharing.

ok i'm finished now.

Response to Great idea 2003-11-10 11:26:23

oh hey jafit-man!

Response to Great idea 2003-11-10 13:16:50

Maybe something like this?

***NOTE*** I HAVE an overview character(45 degrees) with full walking animations, front, back, left AND right, just so you know

-Axl

Great idea

Response to Great idea 2003-11-10 13:21:24

At 11/10/03 02:59 AM, MrRombie wrote:

Lead Producer ::
:: RuthlessBastard

:: Graphics and Animation ::
MrRombie
xDragonSlayeRx
SlackerSoHa
BassProjectX
MagicalMusicalPika
Axeltheman(hru hum)

:: Graphic Special Effects ::
Cheapo2002 - (Guns and Explosions department)
LiveCorpse - (Gore and Violence department)

:: Sounds ::
KongClock - (Some voices)

:: Scripting and Programming ::
CrookedAsterisk
Jafit-man
MagicalMusicalPika
BassProjectX

:: Volunteers and Helpers ::
mexxa
Raging-Tiger
Qwertypod
SeiyruRenaih

:: Concept, Ideas, Production :: (aka. that guy)
Me. :P

Response to Great idea 2003-11-10 13:38:56

ill have a go at making a battle system then

Response to Great idea 2003-11-10 13:42:12

At 11/10/03 01:38 PM, Jafit-man wrote: ill have a go at making a battle system then

Make us proud.

Response to Great idea 2003-11-10 13:55:35

At 11/10/03 01:38 PM, Jafit-man wrote: ill have a go at making a battle system then

Dude, do you need a .fla or something?

Response to Great idea 2003-11-10 13:58:08

right ok now i feel like an absolute twat as all of the above has been done. i was just scanning through the wrong pages. story on P3 is great. and the 45 degree angle sounds interesting (if its what i'm thinking of).

One suggestion sounds should be based around drum & bass (if you read this you will understand why (under Aged 18-19) and i can sort that out for you as i have various quality sound software and the fact i'm from London; the birth place of D'n'B (exact location was in Brixton in the Brixton Academy if u was wonderin!). i also love it! Preferably be fast tempo for fight scenes, cos u gotta have that happy RPG music used too often!

Also I can do voices and make them sound like RPG stuff etc blah blah blah.

If some one is already doing this and i am made to look a fool again i may as well keel over and die.

oh and he's an idea (its close to 45 but it aint) either enemy or friend whatever !CAN BE INPROVED!

Great idea

Response to Great idea 2003-11-10 14:13:31

Hmm, Maybe you could star as Tom Fulp?

Response to Great idea 2003-11-10 14:14:25

Alright people, this topic is really evolving, anywayz, I am back and ready, I was teh one yesterday who started posting those pics of the gaents??? anywayz, if you weren't on yesterday, you wouldn't know, RuthlessBastard, MrRombie,thewasteofwebspace, and I are actually the overviewers of your ideas...

In other words. MrRombie and I take care of characters, like you draw one and we may tweek it, or you suggest one and we will draw it, MrRombie is also taking care of the Website, thewasteofwebspace is taking care of the map layouts and etc... RuthlessBastard id the mian Lead guy...

here is the official updated list... if you wanna be on and your name isn't on this, just say so or add it to the list.... :)

Lead Producer
RuthlessBastard

Graphics and Animation
MrRombie
maakkleine
xDragonSlayeRx
SlackerSoHa
BassProjectX
MagicalMusicalPika
Axeltheman

Graphic Special Effects
--GUNS and EXPLOSIONS--
Cheapo2002

--GORE and VIOLENCE--
LiveCorpse
maakkleine

Sounds
--VOICES--
Kongclock
maakkleine

--SPECIAL EFFECTS--
maakkleine (perhaps)

Scripting and Programming
CrookedAsterisk
Jafit-man
MagicalMusicalPika
BassProjectX

Volunteers and Helpers
mexxa
Raging-Tiger
Qwertypod
SeiyruRenaih

...Peace out...

Response to Great idea 2003-11-10 14:22:58

Yeah, I can help with the Special effects as well, If you give me your email, I can send my battle engine

Response to Great idea 2003-11-10 14:32:22

At 11/10/03 02:14 PM, maakkleine wrote: Blah Blah Blah!

WTF?! I have been on this team since page 6 or something!

Response to Great idea 2003-11-10 14:33:24

At 11/10/03 02:13 PM, axeltheman wrote: Hmm, Maybe you could star as Tom Fulp?

Whats that supposed to mean eh? i'll do sounds defo as i am a DJ, have programs such as Fruity Loops 3 and Wavelab,
obviosly got a decent mic and a few more bits and bobs.

oi maakkleine why u hoggin all the shit eh? ur in
GORE and VIOLENCE
VOICES
SPECIAL EFFECTS

What the crap?

hey so u think i can flow?

P.S. no offence but u should work on that website its a bit poor ur usin Yahoo! PageBuilder, i got Dreamweaver MX if u want me to have a crack at one, i can do message boards and chat rooms also be able to file share easier. And we gotta have a better name!

Response to Great idea 2003-11-10 14:34:25

Response to Great idea 2003-11-10 14:38:20

oi maakkleine why u hoggin all the shit eh? ur in

GORE and VIOLENCE
VOICES
SPECIAL EFFECTS

Well, as you can see, this is a group project, and so far, we haven't got many people in those departments so i thought I should go in and fill in, tell ya what, if more people sign up for those parts, I will get out of those, but I am in aniamtion and graphics, that's for sure... sorry :)

And Saxe, like I said, if you're namis anin't there, update it!!!! :)

Response to Great idea 2003-11-10 14:49:08

ok ok sorry mate.

what u reckon on that site i made it since my last post.

Great idea

Response to Great idea 2003-11-10 14:49:29

This game is probably going to be @#$%ing awesome! Can't wait till you guys are done with it

Response to Great idea 2003-11-10 14:49:44

Well... i dont know what my possition is :/ Anyways, please check out my link further up! Is it something you want me to work more on?