00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

AkiniM just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Great idea

42,957 Views | 1,083 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Great idea 2003-11-10 14:51:58

At 11/10/03 02:49 PM, _LimpNoodle_ wrote: ok ok sorry mate.

what u reckon on that site i made it since my last post.

No offence, but it looks very little atractive. And so what if the page is in a pagebuilder, it still looks fine!

Response to Great idea 2003-11-10 14:53:24

At 11/10/03 02:34 PM, maakkleine wrote: maakkleine@yahoo.com

Yeah, I've sent it now

Response to Great idea 2003-11-10 15:03:38

At 11/10/03 02:53 PM, axeltheman wrote:
Yeah, I've sent it now

Well, what can I say, it's quite impressive except that we should probably change some of the positon of things like MP and HP and also change the fonts!!! We should also make that whole Magic Abilities category into a subsection sorta like Final Fantasy... but overall pretty good.... EXACTLY what we wanted for a battle engine, we could also make the graphics better but that's up to ME and the GRAPHICS department...

Response to Great idea 2003-11-10 15:11:48

At 11/10/03 03:03 PM, maakkleine wrote:
At 11/10/03 02:53 PM, axeltheman wrote:
Yeah, I've sent it now
Well, what can I say, it's quite impressive except that we should probably change some of the positon of things like MP and HP and also change the fonts!!! We should also make that whole Magic Abilities category into a subsection sorta like Final Fantasy... but overall pretty good.... EXACTLY what we wanted for a battle engine, we could also make the graphics better but
that's up to ME and the GRAPHICS department...

Yeah, that's me too

And remember, that engine wasn't supposed to be used for this one, so feel free to use some other graphics(especially for the panels)

But what do you think of the special effects?

-Axl

Response to Great idea 2003-11-10 15:16:51

Teaser poster perhaps????

Great idea

Response to Great idea 2003-11-10 15:19:15

At 11/10/03 02:51 PM, saxe wrote:
At 11/10/03 02:49 PM, _LimpNoodle_ wrote: ok ok sorry mate.

what u reckon on that site i made it since my last post.
No offence, but it looks very little atractive. And so what if the page is in a pagebuilder, it still looks fine!

course its dull i need colour suggestions and font styles. i think i'm just gonna make it and i'll let u decide when its done.

Response to Great idea 2003-11-10 15:19:32

Well, they are okay but they need some work... no offence....

like for example, when he SUMMONS a bear, which we may or may not use in the game, let's say he summons a dragon, we might do a little cut scene showing the dragon coming out of the ground and lots of cool visual effects???

Response to Great idea 2003-11-10 15:21:28

At 11/10/03 03:16 PM, maakkleine wrote: Teaser poster perhaps????

Hmm... a cool poster idea

0.5: Black background
1. Main Character at the front
2. Allies at the 2 sides of him
3. Enemies around him
4. And maybe(if were going to have a nemesis or something) the nemesis in opacity 20% in the background
5. An Outer Glow of everything(Exept the Nemesis)
6. Logo at the bottom

Response to Great idea 2003-11-10 15:24:50

I like the font what is it?
and that is the FBI bad guys from alien hominoid init? (they had fugg off machine guns if i remember right)

one question. is the character killing characters from movies (SB clock, foamy, sprites clay) to save Tom or is it a new evil character enemy under this evil leader?

Response to Great idea 2003-11-10 15:24:53

At 11/10/03 03:19 PM, maakkleine wrote:

let's say he summons a dragon, we might do a little cut scene showing the dragon coming out of the ground and lots of cool visual effects???

Well, duh, but I didn't orka do all that

-Axl

Response to Great idea 2003-11-10 16:07:20

I want to help with the animation so could I be added to the list. I can help come up with teaser posters as well considering I know photoshop. I would also like to make the puzzle peices for building levels.

Response to Great idea 2003-11-10 16:32:20

Sry I haven't posted anything but I had to sleep and go to school... damn it! I read what thewasteofspace posted on page 13 about me being usless without flash and I'm just gonna say now I don't know if I should: download it for 30 days and keep working with the unappreciative asshole, download it and go back to my projectect, or just give up on flash alltogether. I might take a while to think about it so I probably wont post anything for some thime. I dunno maybe if I download macromeidia mx I'll come back to the project but for now thewastofspace is a waste of space and an asslicker... maybe I'll get over it maybe not... And good bye to all of you that dont try to put down kids.

Response to Great idea 2003-11-10 16:37:08

At 11/10/03 10:45 AM, Jafit-man wrote: k this is how i see it, so far i have gathered that it will be an rpg based on the early Final Fantasy games (and other games of that genre/style) where the normal world view is the top down 45 degree camera position as seen in the picie up yonder posted by T.W.O.W.S. random encounters with enemies will change the view to battle mode where -either- the player takes it in turns to strategicly beat up the enemy -or- it goes into another kind of battle mode where the player fights in real-time somehow.

anyway. correct me if i'm wrong (my lazyness wouldnt let me read thro all the posts)

Yes, you are correct with everything you just mentioned. The view and everything is right. The battle system will consist of turns, and picking your attack for each turn in order to beat the enemy.

either way, it would be good to actually assign tasks to people so we can get this thing going. this would mean that the artists would be kind of redundant while the coders get the game engine built

The game engine (outside of battle) has been completely planned already. However, the battle system remains to be designed. I was wondering, how good are you at actionscripting? With the battle engine that I'm thinking of, it is going to require massive amounts of programming and manipulating variables. When the time comes for the battle system, we absolutely need your help man. Perhaps you can be in charge of the programming for the battle system if you want to.

I have noticed that a lot of you have been worried about the battle system, but it is not the greatest priority right now in the development of this game. Axeltheman, I was planning to use your battle system layout, except we have to change the icons to suit the ones for the game and possibly take the magic power out of it. When attacks are done, and enemies attack or are challenged, there will probably a little movie clip/cutscene to spice things up a bit. Very nice job though =). Also, could you send the .swf of the main character with full walking animations as well as the battle engine that you've said you did ? I'm pretty eager to see it! Hmm..you've contributed to this game so much man, I should make you in charge of something as well...but I'm not sure of what? I think that you should have a considerable amount of influence on the main character and battle system at the very least and that I'm grateful for your help.

Thewaste, thank you so much for posting a pic of how the 45 degree view looks like, I'm sure that helped a lot of people in doubt.

MrRombie, once again the site looks incredibly sweet. However, 'consept' is spelled incorrectly--it should be concept instead. Oh, and I'm not sure if you meant to spell 'forum', but put 'forms' by accident. Also, can you add <EpSiLoN> to the member list? He scripted the walking and HitTest engine as well as is willing to help out with the battle system possibly. Ii am a freewebs member as well, and the chat never seems to work for me. Maybe we can get a chat from bravenet instead? I have a bravenet chat in my older site and it works pretty good. If you don't want to sign up, I'll just get the code for you to paste in if you want me to. I'm sorry if this is a lot to ask of you. Thanks again everyone!

Response to Great idea 2003-11-10 16:46:39

Ok first thing. Theres already a site. Dont waste your time making it, because we wont use it. Ok? The site inst the biggest thing, the biggest thing is the game. So if i where you i wouldnt waste my time making a un-offical site.

Heres the newsite if you didnt see it:

www.freewebs.com/nggroupproject

Response to Great idea 2003-11-10 17:04:14

At 11/10/03 04:32 PM, Ry-Dogg2009 wrote: Sry I haven't posted anything but I had to sleep and go to school... damn it! I read what thewasteofspace posted on page 13 about me being usless without flash and I'm just gonna say now I don't know if I should: download it for 30 days and keep working with the unappreciative asshole, download it and go back to my projectect, or just give up on flash alltogether. I might take a while to think about it so I probably wont post anything for some thime. I dunno maybe if I download macromeidia mx I'll come back to the project but for now thewastofspace is a waste of space and an asslicker... maybe I'll get over it maybe not... And good bye to all of you that dont try to put down kids.

Man, show Thewaste a little more respect! >:( He deserves much more than that. This guy was being truthfully honest. Even I say that you can't help out much with the drawings by drawing pixel ones, because we're only accepting vector drawings. If you want to help, either get flash, or ask if you can submit your pictures to people with flash and ask them to outline and fill them in flash. Even if you can't draw, you can still help out with the sounds for the game and other stuff.

Response to Great idea 2003-11-10 17:10:42

At 11/10/03 04:46 PM, MrRombie wrote:

Cool, just add me to the members site...

Response to Great idea 2003-11-10 17:17:30

At 11/10/03 03:21 PM, axeltheman wrote:
Hmm... a cool poster idea

0.5: Black background
1. Main Character at the front
2. Allies at the 2 sides of him
3. Enemies around him
4. And maybe(if were going to have a nemesis or something) the nemesis in opacity 20% in the background

Perhaps this could be what you want, this was rushed, very rough!!! I have no idea how to make the quality better... what I do is I draw in Flash, then paste it in Paint, then save it as a JPEG, but it don't look good, what should I do????

PS, is this any good????

5. An Outer Glow of everything(Exept the Nemesis)
6. Logo at the bottom

Great idea

Response to Great idea 2003-11-10 17:20:34

At 11/10/03 05:10 PM, axeltheman wrote:
At 11/10/03 04:46 PM, MrRombie wrote:

Cool, just add me to the members site...

Your doing scripting right? sorry i forgot, dont want to go back and look.

Response to Great idea 2003-11-10 17:34:23

grrr oh ok i made all that, while i couldn't get on newgrounds but hey it was better than homework. Ur site is a great improvement and it is much better than what i whipped up so i'll leave it to u. (here it is neway www.ngrpg.tk) i'll give u my .tk if u want it. also the forum i have is better its more like ng and its free! AmazingForums
Oh and i'm doing sound (music), no-one has confirmed it but i'm the only one willing.

Response to Great idea 2003-11-10 17:39:28

Hey MrRombie, I went to the "site" and I didn't see my name under the Co-Producer section or even under the Graphics department. Now I just talked with RuthlessBastard and he syas I should "politely" ask you to put me in the Co-Producer section and Graphics section because I have been contributing and posting and drawing... Thank You... Just a thought... Gonna go soon.

Response to Great idea 2003-11-10 17:46:21

is this the kinda view were looking at? Miniclip - Slingshot the old 45 degree semi 3D rendering stuff.

I am wanting to start to create a theme tune, do we want it like old snes game style, u know the tinny high pitched happy tune or a more serious proper melody.

Response to Great idea 2003-11-10 17:47:47

Sorry man, putting you on the co-authors right .....now.

Response to Great idea 2003-11-10 17:52:18

At 11/10/03 05:47 PM, MrRombie wrote: Sorry man, putting you on the co-authors right .....now.

it's alright, just wanted to make sure and to limpnoodle: do a bit of both, we may use them both, what instruments are you planning to use???

Response to Great idea 2003-11-10 18:00:00

Thank you MrRombie, maybe later, when we are evolving, I could ask my dad and we could get an official site, like www.nwrpg.com I had a site like that once... www.maakkleine.com but it ain't around anymore, just a thought...

Not only would it be better and more official but bandwidth would be better and we could do extra stuff!!!!!

Response to Great idea 2003-11-10 18:02:28

is this the kinda view were looking at? Miniclip - Slingshot the old 45 degree semi 3D rendering stuff.

I am wanting to start to create a theme tune, do we want it like old snes game style, u know the tinny high pitched happy tune or a more serious proper melody.

Response to Great idea 2003-11-10 18:02:53

Nah, we dont need to buy a site, this project wont be around for ever, well when its done it will. But no ponit spending money on the site.

Response to Great idea 2003-11-10 18:04:40

At 11/10/03 06:02 PM, _LimpNoodle_ wrote: is this the kinda view were looking at? Miniclip - Slingshot the old 45 degree semi 3D rendering stuff.

It's kinda like the view we want but not really, think Final Fantsy 6 or pokemon and about the theme, do both a high piched one and a serious one... do alot, the more variety, the better and I play guitar, maybe i can help you!!!!

Response to Great idea 2003-11-10 18:17:16

sorry for the double post but the internal site error came up and it had put it up, oh utter confusion.

i'll link my .tk to his site so the new offical site is: ngrpg.tk, its a start but the .com sounds good. I just made a little sound up kinda like a sound u get when a bad guy appears or something bad happens!

what do i need to do to get on this bloody list get naked and come round ur house screamin it! no only joking. u may not see my skill just yet but i'll prove it to u. ask me to make u a sound when u need one and it'll be done, son then it will be our own original sounds not from free sound websites i also do music so there you go.

got college in the mornin.

Response to Great idea 2003-11-10 18:29:32

Jesus... I stopped watching this forum for one night and you go from page 13 to 15! Anyway, I'll get right on the drawing of my person at a 45 degree angle, and walking, too. I'm no good with animation though... All my other stuff has been frame by frame, and while that's fine for a little plotless movie, I want it to look all professional for this game. Should I just devote a couple hours reading up on tweening (I don't know if my attention span will last that long)? So should I just draw him taking forward, back, side to side steps and let y'all do the animation for me? And should I draw him doing another thing, something like jumping, shooting, or sidestepping?

Response to Great idea 2003-11-10 18:34:15

i'll link my .tk to his site so the new offical site is: ngrpg.tk, its a start but the .com sounds good. I just made a little sound up kinda like a sound u get when a bad guy appears or something bad happens!

Do you mean when you click on www.ngrpg.tk it will go to my site?