00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

DunciFlipz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Great idea

43,051 Views | 1,083 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Great idea 2003-11-11 11:21:53

you could have an image of a tree on a layer above the guy. when the guy walks behind it, it becomes visable, blocking the view of him. when he walks in front, the tree becomes invisable to show the image of the tree on the layer below.

like in the tree's actions there would be something like:

onClipEvent(enterFrame) {
if(_root.guy._y <= #) {
this.visable = true;
} else if(_root.guy._y > #) {
this.visable = false;
}
}

i havent tried it. someone could give it a go

Response to Great idea 2003-11-11 11:26:27

At 11/11/03 03:54 AM, ViciousMonkey wrote: Ok, first of all I think your perspective sucks. A 45 degree angle is a bad idea. It would be alot easier for the artists just to draw everything straight on. And you'd have to put it that way for the battles anyway. And second I think it should be "Black & White Town" instead of "Madness Town".

i'm gonna do my battle system in 2d early final fantasy style. main walking bits in 45 degrees, battles side on. would need seperate character images for the battles and things, but there seems to be loads of artists, so that shouldnt be a real problem

Response to Great idea 2003-11-11 11:42:48

What do you guys actaully want for the main character???? ideas ,like white, black???? tall, short, strong, shades, hat????

Tell ME!!!! I wanna draw!!!

Response to Great idea 2003-11-11 11:46:33

At 11/11/03 11:42 AM, maakkleine wrote: What do you guys actaully want for the main character???? ideas ,like white, black???? tall, short, strong, shades, hat????

Tell ME!!!! I wanna draw!!!

someone drew one before. i cant see why we cant have more than one though, so draw what you want

Response to Great idea 2003-11-11 11:50:41

Here is an example, i can do better, just an idea...

Great idea

Response to Great idea 2003-11-11 11:55:00

a backward fred durst cap and a blind fold

Response to Great idea 2003-11-11 12:16:08

Well, here is an idea of the battle engine...

Great idea

Response to Great idea 2003-11-11 12:34:13

Hey all

Few things i wanna say.

-MrRombie the URL i gave u just picks out the address i put in and it just uses it as an easier name so when u upload new stuff it will work its good and all free! (www.dot.tk gives away free ones cos its a poor country with no computers!)

- I've now got a small bank of sounds i may make a web page so u lot can just pick them off as u wish.

- I would like a copy of the .fla when say one room or section is fully kitted out so that i can get a feel for the game and start creating some sounds and voices.

P

Response to Great idea 2003-11-11 13:03:36

i just had an idea. we could have the game about communists invading newgrounds and taking it over. i only thought of this when i looked at this alternate NG logo that i made ages ago, maybe we could have it in the preloader

Great idea

Response to Great idea 2003-11-11 13:21:34

that's some great work you did there, wow, maybe we SHOULD use it!!!!

Response to Great idea 2003-11-11 13:46:38

i just made a basic preloader if u wanna look at it?

Response to Great idea 2003-11-11 14:53:47

sure, show us!!!!

Response to Great idea 2003-11-11 15:57:38

Alright, I distorted my character a bit... and he looks less perspective-ish. What do you people think?

Great idea

Response to Great idea 2003-11-11 17:42:47

This will probably be my last post on this topic so read it for gods sakes. I've decided to leave the project. I wish you guys luck, but I don't think I can work with a bunch of people that are used to making flash animation when I've never used itat all. Also I don't want to work with thewasteofspace any longer... nothing personal but I've just got this thing where there are people I like and don't like and I don't like you. This game is gonna kick ass, I know it! feel free to use any of the ideas I've posted I don't care. Maybe if there is another one some day I'll help with that.

Response to Great idea 2003-11-11 18:12:29

At 11/11/03 04:47 AM, thewasteofwebspace wrote: Dear Vicious.
I advice you take these steps to resolve your problem.
2) Understand that this is the Newgrounds RPG -- containing popular newgrounds charicters, ie: not your stick charicters.

No, I meant That there should be a town that is in black and white and has Madness characters and B&W Theatre people too. Possibly some other characters that are in B&W. Just a thought.

Response to Great idea 2003-11-11 18:25:42

Thats a good idea, i like it. Name off all the B&W people on newgrounds.

Response to Great idea 2003-11-11 19:54:06

At 11/11/03 06:25 PM, MrRombie wrote: Thats a good idea, i like it. Name off all the B&W people on newgrounds.

I liked that Aura series...

Response to Great idea 2003-11-11 21:09:21

Do we have a movment script already?

If not ill make a consept version of one, and post it.

Response to Great idea 2003-11-11 23:22:21

Ha ha! I finished my character walking with all the angles I think we will need... What do u think? It might be a little small... but yea...

Great idea

Response to Great idea 2003-11-11 23:31:12

Here is a character if you are going to pick madness as one of your choices. Also what the text is if you find something (ex: a club).

Great idea

Response to Great idea 2003-11-11 23:55:21

Yay

Response to Great idea 2003-11-11 23:55:26

Heres what toad could sell as the smuggler in Mario Land

Great idea

Response to Great idea 2003-11-12 01:12:54

psss.....where can i get the star? i wanna get "fucked" up :D

Response to Great idea 2003-11-12 01:40:39

At 11/11/03 11:22 PM, SlackerSoHa wrote: Ha ha! I finished my character walking with all the angles I think we will need... What do u think? It might be a little small... but yea...

omg, nice!
thats exactly what we need!
(His face looks a little black, can u make the lines in the face smaller? Just select them and make them half-point or something)
(And his side facing charicters back leg doesnt move :P)
other than that, it's perfect.

How are we going to share files ppl?

Response to Great idea 2003-11-12 01:52:57

At 11/12/03 01:40 AM, thewasteofwebspace wrote: omg, nice!
thats exactly what we need!
(His face looks a little black, can u make the lines in the face smaller? Just select them and make them half-point or something)
(And his side facing charicters back leg doesnt move :P)
other than that, it's perfect.

On the side veiw, his back leg does move, but its a little small and it moves pretty fast, so its hard to tell. I'll get right on the making of his face lines smaller...
If some of the .fla's are too big for e-mail, we might be able to dissect them from a big picture, to several symbols that we send to the animator so he can piece them all together. Just a thought.

Response to Great idea 2003-11-12 02:20:47

I dont really now, i think all the scripters and the people in charge, where we then can add it to the action scripting.

Do we have a moment engine? because i can make one like i said, its pretty good.

Hey e-mail me the animated movment so i can add it to the movment engine, so it works.

sic_of_life_0@yahoo.com

Response to Great idea 2003-11-12 02:39:54

Ruthless said he had it sorted. fuckin hell where is he... you'd think he take more attention to keeping this game together than all of us...

Response to Great idea 2003-11-12 02:42:13

lol yea, but i have one already AS, just need the grafix, that why i want SlakerSoha to send me the .fla of that movment, then i can add it to it, and then show you guys.

Response to Great idea 2003-11-12 03:04:24

Heres a background city Sunrise, dont know if we could us it or not, but still here it is. like took 5 mins or so to make:

http://www.angelfire.com/zine2/gproject/sunrise.jpg

Response to Great idea 2003-11-12 03:44:59

nice one rombie.
Anyyyyways I got the movement engine from infinity_haven@hotmail.com ... im not sure if thats Rombie or Ruthless -- someone fill me in. But the fact is its pretty much exactly what we need. I dont know if I should post the swf because it has pretty good usuable graphics and I dont want them to get stolen on my account, so im gonna do some homework, and post a version.

thewasteofwebspace@hotmail.com

P.S - Slacker, I need the spirtes too plz ;)