00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ArkihamVA just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Car Enthusiasts Club

100,151 Views | 682 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-09-20 08:23:20

At 9/20/09 03:45 AM, TheFaces wrote: Well i'm glad you're being serious now. What engine? Is it a stickshift?

When i buy my next car it has to be manual, i couldn't have an automatic car. I drove one of my dads automatic cars the other day, and i just didn't like it. The gear changes are slow, and never seem to change at the right time, or atleast when i would change. I've seen a few 300ZX's for sale, but they're autos, and i'd rather just keep looking for a manual.

They're all older cars because they're available, don't cost as much as newer ones, they're cheaper on insurance, and because Retro is where it's at, yo.

Ok, i get ya, money is an important factor. I thought maybe it was some sort of old-school car club you guys had going on or something.

Also, just for reference, two of the Z31's run in the twelves, the other one runs 14's, and I don't know what my car will do in the quarter yet. (Oil leaks=No Track) The Rx-7 is in the mid 13's. The Supra hasn't been run yet, but it keeps up with the twelve second Z31's. And one of the EG's runs fourteens. The rest I don't know about.

12 is pretty fast. I think my current car would take atleast 30 seconds to run a 1/4, lol.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-09-20 10:58:44

At 9/20/09 03:45 AM, TheFaces wrote:
At 9/19/09 11:22 AM, ghostxero wrote: ok ok, hahahaha, really do have an 87 acura integra though looking to ad turbo and ore a bit and what not....
Well i'm glad you're being serious now. What engine? Is it a stickshift?

its the d16a1 motor, its a 5 speed manual, im looking to get a least 200-230 horses out of it, nothing crazy just nice and quick!

End of Line.

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-09-20 11:02:07

At 9/20/09 10:58 AM, ghostxero wrote: im looking to get a least 200-230 horses out of it, nothing crazy just nice and quick!

How much does it have stock?

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-09-20 17:59:17

At 9/20/09 11:02 AM, Life-Stream wrote:
At 9/20/09 10:58 AM, ghostxero wrote: im looking to get a least 200-230 horses out of it, nothing crazy just nice and quick!

I think right around 110hp, 100lb/ft. That's really NOT terrible, but it's going to take quite a bit of work to get upwards of 200-230 out of it, even with a turbo, and other basic mods. You MIGHT make 230 if you do the turbo build the right way, and run around 12 pounds of boost. You could probably amp it up to around 18 pounds, and make it to almost 300 though. That would get you terrible gas milage, and would put a lot of wear on your engine, so definitely get a boost controller that way you can set how much boost you want at a given time. The manual turn screw types are okay, but the electrical boost controllers are MUCH better.
I'm no expert on Honda's, but I still know quite a bit about them, and even more about cars in general, so if you have any questions feel free to ask here. I usually check back every couple of days, and the other guys seem to know their fair share too.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-09-20 18:51:42

At 9/20/09 05:59 PM, TheFaces wrote:
At 9/20/09 11:02 AM, Life-Stream wrote:
I think right around 110hp, 100lb/ft. That's really NOT terrible, but it's going to take quite a bit of work

dude ur awesome the stock is 113 apparently there are 2 versions one has the brown header and the other has the black header, the black header makes 118 stock while the brown makes 113, i have the corny brown one. and yeah i know it isnt bad...for 1987...but by todays terms i have a glorified john deere, hahaha, its a fun lil car though and its always been a dream to trick a car out, had an 87 wolfsburg jetta it was a 5 speed too....man that thing was stupid quick.

End of Line.

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-09-21 12:53:32

Yeha living in Paris is Cool,living in london is even better (well almost that bugatti is ruined lol)

The Car Enthusiasts Club

lilcheeselad says: You can't blame EyeLovePoozy for being a douche, he can't help it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-09-21 13:01:05

Common car lol

The Car Enthusiasts Club

lilcheeselad says: You can't blame EyeLovePoozy for being a douche, he can't help it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-09-21 20:09:21

At 9/21/09 01:01 PM, cronic-22 wrote: Common car lol

Haha, cool. The best car i saw while living in London was probably either a Ferrari Testarossa, or a Lamborghini Diablo. That was years back though.....when the Diablo was the latest Lambo around.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-09-22 04:13:59

At 9/21/09 08:09 PM, Life-Stream wrote:
At 9/21/09 01:01 PM, cronic-22 wrote: Common car lol
Haha, cool. The best car i saw while living in London was probably either a Ferrari Testarossa, or a Lamborghini Diablo. That was years back though.....when the Diablo was the latest Lambo around.

Oooohh... I LOVE the Testarossa. It's such an under-rated car.

The Car Enthusiasts Club

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-09-22 06:49:33

At 9/22/09 04:13 AM, TheFaces wrote: Oooohh... I LOVE the Testarossa. It's such an under-rated car.

It is damn awesome. Maybe it does look a bit out dated now, in comparison with all the new supercars, but i guess that's part of it's beauty - that 80's look.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-09-22 11:32:22

Hmm...
Have you ever seen 120 Ferraris?
There was a Testarossa there I belive. As well as a 250 GTO! Or 288... I can't never seem to remember?

The Car Enthusiasts Club

I play lottery. I always lose.

LOOK at my CAR VIDEOS on YouTUBE !!

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-09-22 20:38:46

At 9/22/09 11:32 AM, alexsmolik wrote: Hmm...
Have you ever seen 120 Ferraris?

Damn you! You always have a better story XD

There was a Testarossa there I belive. As well as a 250 GTO! Or 288... I can't never seem to remember?

I think i saw more than 1 Testarossa there. And yeah, i think i seen a few GTO's aswell. Nice vid!

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-09-23 05:58:09

Seeing as everybody is talking about Ferrari's, my fav is the F40. Hands down :]

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-09-23 10:05:23

At 9/23/09 05:58 AM, Officer wrote: Seeing as everybody is talking about Ferrari's, my fav is the F40. Hands down :]

Well, to be honest, it's funny you should mention the Ferrari F40 as your favorite car.
I just happen to have it on film! =D

The Car Enthusiasts Club

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-09-23 13:08:15

At 9/23/09 05:58 AM, Officer wrote: Seeing as everybody is talking about Ferrari's, my fav is the F40. Hands down :]

yeah an amazing car,same year i was born to.

And this is when i went to the ferrari factory

Here are some more pictures from my visit::

F1

Ferrari 550 GT

360 GT

EVO.

Testarosa

F40

Those Gates

The Car Enthusiasts Club

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-10-02 18:17:55

Oh. My. God. Dare I say the spot of my life?

Pearl white Lamborghini Murcielago LP 670-4 SuperVeloce (SV) being delivered.
Now if that doesn't make you LOVE the Raging bull ? I don't know what will.
Maybe this picture.

The Car Enthusiasts Club

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-10-06 13:53:22

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-10-06 14:58:17

Love the lambo,cant wait to see the next model.

i was wondering what cars do people drive in this club??

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-10-06 20:51:34

At 10/6/09 02:58 PM, cronic-22 wrote: Love the lambo,cant wait to see the next model.

Damn, that is a nice lambo. I've always loved Lamborghini's, since i was like 8. The Countach was the one that made me like them so much.

i was wondering what cars do people drive in this club??

I'm not even gonna say what i drive after seeing all those supercars XD

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-10-07 07:06:54

At 10/6/09 08:51 PM, Life-Stream wrote:
At 10/6/09 02:58 PM, cronic-22 wrote: i was wondering what cars do people drive in this club??

I've got an 87' 300zx.

I'm not even gonna say what i drive after seeing all those supercars XD

Why not? So what if somebody has a nicer car? I'll bet that most of those cars... the owners probably don't even know how to open the hood. I don't respect "Super" cars, or their drivers for that matter, any more then any other car on the road. Usually they're owned by super rich jerks, with more money then knowledge, so they just went out and bought something that's supposed to be fast.

This isn't to say that I wouldn't want to own a 911 RUF, or an Aston, but there are honestly quite a few cars I would rather put that money into instead. The only super car I would ever buy though would be a Pagani Zonda C-12S.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-10-07 12:32:52

I don't even have my driving licence...
I'm french, and live in Paris. We have public transportations, therefore I don't see the direct use, yet.
I'll do that later! ^^

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-10-07 13:46:54

lol its not like anyone in this club is going to have supercars!!

87' 300zx :: sweet car, although i did have to look it up on google!! (i know the car just not the name!!)

I drive an Alfa Mito,great little car,i literally just upgraded from my 51 plate renault clio,great little car that was especially for a first timer.

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-10-07 19:20:35

At 10/7/09 12:32 PM, alexsmolik wrote: I don't even have my driving licence...
I'm french, and live in Paris. We have public transportations, therefore I don't see the direct use, yet.
I'll do that later! ^^

Public transport is good if you live in big cities, like Paris or London, but it's good to have a nice drive every now and then.

At 10/7/09 01:46 PM, cronic-22 wrote: I drive an Alfa Mito,great little car,i literally just upgraded from my 51 plate renault clio,great little car that was especially for a first timer.

Nice. The Mito is brand new right? Cost alot?

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-10-08 06:13:56

At 10/7/09 01:46 PM, cronic-22 wrote: lol its not like anyone in this club is going to have supercars!!

Well indeed, I just don't like seeing people get discouraged about their car is all. I go to a lot of car shows, and all of the stupid prejudice against different kinds of cars really pisses me off. The hierarchy usually goes:
Supercar>Vintage Sports>High End Sports>Muscle Car>Low End Sports>Hot Hatch>Sleeper
In case your wondering, here's an example of each.
Supercar- Ferrari, Lambo, Pagani, etc...

Vintage Sports- Basically the old versions of Ferrari, Lambo, Porsche, etc... Like the old Porsche Spider bath tubs.

High End Sports- Current Porsches, Corvette (ZR1, Callaway, Z06), R35 Skyline. Basically any "Sports car" that cost's $70,000+

Muscle Car- Chevelle's, Camaro's, Mustang's, Willy's, Toreno's.

Low End Sports- The retro sports cars from the eighties. 84-88 300ZX, Mk-3 Supra, FC Rx-7's.

Hot Hatch - Honda Ek/Eg Hatch, 240Sx's, Pulsars, Celica's, Celica Supra's.

Sleeper- The family sedans that look like a grocery getter, but make 600 lb/ft at the wheels. Those cars that you see at a car show, and say, "What the hell is this doing here?" Then you realize it's a Ford Taurus Sho, or something.

Another way to put it would be by the number of cylinders:
12+>10>8>6>4
Obviously there are exceptions, but that's just how it seems. Well around here anyways, but this is a city fueled by over indulgence, greed, and gluttony.

87' 300zx :: sweet car, although i did have to look it up on google!! (i know the car just not the name!!)

Thank you. There is lots of information about it in my blogs on my userpage.

I drive an Alfa Mito,great little car,i literally just upgraded from my 51 plate renault clio,great little car that was especially for a first timer.

Ooh, I really like the GTA model from what I see. The other one looks a lot like most hatches coming out of Europe, and being that I don't know much about the Euro scene, I really have no place to say. The GTA is right up my alley though.

The Car Enthusiasts Club

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-10-08 19:06:24

At 10/8/09 06:13 AM, TheFaces wrote: Ooh, I really like the GTA model from what I see. The other one looks a lot like most hatches coming out of Europe, and being that I don't know much about the Euro scene, I really have no place to say. The GTA is right up my alley though.

I like them both. I don't think the mito looks alot like most european hatches to be honest. I've seen a few of them driving around and they are aesthetically nicer than the majority.

That GTA does look hot though.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-10-09 05:31:50

At 10/8/09 07:06 PM, Life-Stream wrote:
At 10/8/09 06:13 AM, TheFaces wrote: Ooh, I really like the GTA model from what I see. The other one looks a lot like most hatches coming out of Europe, and being that I don't know much about the Euro scene, I really have no place to say. The GTA is right up my alley though.
I like them both. I don't think the mito looks alot like most european hatches to be honest. I've seen a few of them driving around and they are aesthetically nicer than the majority.

Well the Porsche Cayenne springs to mind. I guess it's just because it's a compact hot hatch. It's going to resemble most others, but I would probably like it more if I saw it in real life.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-10-09 06:13:13

At 10/9/09 05:31 AM, TheFaces wrote: Well the Porsche Cayenne springs to mind.

Porsche Cayanne? That's like a 4x4! The thing's huge. That's similar to the VW Toureg or the Audi Q7.

The Mito is really quite compact and small, more along the lines of the Renault Clio, Citroen C4, VW Golf etc...

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-10-09 07:37:43

How could you guys say you like ferraris yet fail to mention the '57 250 Testa rossa?!

btw, can I join?

The Car Enthusiasts Club

The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-10-10 07:05:40

At 10/9/09 07:37 AM, HighWayStar365 wrote: How could you guys say you like ferraris yet fail to mention the '57 250 Testa rossa?!
btw, can I join?

I like Ferrari's but it don't mean I know every Ferrari ever made. I've never even seen that testarossa o_o

Looks awesome though.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-10-10 07:47:44

At 10/10/09 07:05 AM, Life-Stream wrote: I like Ferrari's but it don't mean I know every Ferrari ever made. I've never even seen that testarossa o_o

Looks awesome though.

To bad it costs thirteen MILLION dollars. (u.s.)

On an unrelated note, who likes those Lancia Stratos?

The Car Enthusiasts Club

The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature