00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme
Upgrade Your Account!

Hi! I’m here waving at you this week because we’re hoping to boost our Supporter count. When we removed most of the ads from NG in January, our goal was to hit 4,000 active Supporters in 2020. We’re making steady progress but are coming up about 300 people short! If you have $3 per month or $25 per year to spare, please consider becoming a Supporter today!

The Car Enthusiasts Club

93,785 Views | 739 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-10-27 07:21:43

At 10/26/08 07:48 PM, Millar-56 wrote: not of activity happening stm on here guys hwats going on,

We're chopping and changing the memberlist a bit, to try and give this place a bit of a kickstart. Good to see you're still active, hopefully you'll stay that way.

At 10/26/08 10:21 PM, zomgkerrie wrote: not sure if i should post this here in the thread but i read teh rules and it said joining was as simple as asking politely...so i am asking politely to please become a member of your car enthusiasts club.

Sure, we'd be glad to have you on board, just don't go AWOL on us.

i love cars, i watch every episode of top gear, i belong to 2 car racing forums, and have done a tad bit of drag racing...

Really? You'll be in good company then :)
Also, you've just reminded me: NEW TOP GEAR NEXT SUNDAY AT 8PM! I can't wait, the last series was pretty awesome, so hopefully this one will continue the trend.

At 10/26/08 11:06 PM, NEVR wrote:
I am still a member of this club.

Great, we need a few experienced members to keep this place on track.

Just a reminder to all members, next Saturday I will be posting the updated club memberlist, so if you haven't already replied to the PMs that SupraAddict sent out, please do so. Failing that, contact me, as anyone who does not respond will be REMOVED from our active memberlist.

my favorite cars are the Pagani Zonda and the Lotus Elise and i'm madly in love with The Stig...
D

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-10-28 10:35:06

was browsing my other car forums today and saw this! a redone Lotus 211....
i think i'm in love....
course i'm biased towards lotus's

The Car Enthusiasts Club

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-10-28 20:56:47

nice lotus,!

Does anyone else here like street cars such as the skyline or evo, or this clunb strictly for performance cars and rich pplz cars like ferraris or lambos.

Signiture made by insertfunnyusername!

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-10-28 21:31:24

i like street cars...
i'm a huge mazda fan...i would love to learn how to rally race lol...
some of my favs are the mazda rx-7, toyota mr2(the '91-'93), and the skyline pretty much rocks! what about you?

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-10-29 05:49:47

At 10/28/08 08:56 PM, Millar-56 wrote: Does anyone else here like street cars such as the skyline or evo, or this clunb strictly for performance cars and rich pplz cars like ferraris or lambos.

This club is for any type of cars, not just performance cars. I´m a big street car fan myself, especially those great Japanese cars like the Skyline, Supra, RX7, Honda S2000, Civics etc...

Oh yeah, a question....does anyone here like the old mini´s?

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-10-29 21:37:44

It's green
approximately 2.4 million dollars to spend
4.8 liter supercharged v8 (flexfuel)
1018 HP @ 7,000 RPM
796 lb-ft @ 5,600 rpm of toque
6 speed manual transmission
0-60 2.9 seconds
top speed 250+
2821 pounds
168 inches in length
It's the green koenigsegg CCXR

The Car Enthusiasts Club

WOOTAHOOTA

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-10-29 22:42:37

that may be one of the most beautiful cars i have ever seen. i forgot how sexy koenigseggs are...
i see you that, and raise you this:
LFA Lexus concept car!!!!111zomg-so-hot-i-want-to-sex-it!!
!

hmmm...your koen would win...but still, sweet concept car...too bad most concepts never come to fruition:<

The Car Enthusiasts Club

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-10-30 03:09:17

At 10/29/08 09:37 PM, FloppyPlops wrote: It's the green koenigsegg CCXR

You say it´s green, yet the pic is black and red?

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-10-30 05:05:23

At 10/30/08 03:09 AM, Life-Stream wrote:
At 10/29/08 09:37 PM, FloppyPlops wrote: It's the green koenigsegg CCXR
You say it´s green, yet the pic is black and red?

I thought that too, but I did a quick Google search and it's actually an environmentally-friendly (aka green) Koenigsegg!

Seriously, it retains the stunning looks and awesome performance, but it doesn't guzzle petrol, it runs on biofuel!

Now if we could only get a hydrogen-powered Veyron...

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-10-30 05:40:27

At 10/30/08 05:05 AM, RohantheBarbarian wrote: I thought that too, but I did a quick Google search and it's actually an environmentally-friendly (aka green) Koenigsegg!

Ah....gotcha.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-10-30 12:29:57

One of my flatmates used to work as a mechanic for Aston Martin, and he occasionally drove some of the cars that had been brought in for servicing.

Lucky bastard.

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-10-31 02:17:01

At 10/30/08 12:29 PM, NEVR wrote: One of my flatmates used to work as a mechanic for Aston Martin, and he occasionally drove some of the cars that had been brought in for servicing.

Lucky bastard.

NO WAI!

Anyway, just dropping by to let you all know I'm still part of the club and I thought you might find this of intrest. It's called the Caterham Levante. It weighs roughly 500KG, has 420bhp as standard and if that's not gutsy enough there's the option to have it supercharged and increase it to 550bhp. It's quite the beast and the first lot have already sold out. Not a bad way to spend £100,000...

Hmmmmmmm, carbon fibre

The Car Enthusiasts Club

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-10-31 05:03:26

At 10/30/08 12:29 PM, NEVR wrote: One of my flatmates used to work as a mechanic for Aston Martin, and he occasionally drove some of the cars that had been brought in for servicing.

I think i mentioned my dad was a mechanic, right? Well he had a garage in a wealthy part of London (Kensington), and every now and then he´d get some great cars in, like once he did some small work on a Lamborghini Diablo, and he´d take pics to show us when he came home, lol. :D

At 10/31/08 02:17 AM, BobbaQ wrote: It's called the Caterham Levante. It weighs roughly 500KG, has 420bhp as standard and if that's not gutsy enough there's the option to have it supercharged and increase it to 550bhp.

That thing must accelerate like crazy.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-10-31 09:42:33

At 10/31/08 02:17 AM, BobbaQ wrote:
It's called the Caterham Levante. It weighs roughly 500KG, has 420bhp as standard and if that's not gutsy enough there's the option to have it supercharged and increase it to 550bhp. It's quite the beast and the first lot have already sold out. Not a bad way to spend £100,000...

Hmmmmmmm, carbon fibre

That thing must be like a bullet on wheels!

What struck me when I first saw it was the stripped-out look it had, reminiscent of an Ariel Atom. I'd love to drive that thing flat-out in a straight-line, although with the acceleration it has, I'd probably tear half my facial features off ;)

Realistically speaking, would I have one? Probably not. Cool as it is, I can't see it offering much in the way of protection if, God forbid, you were in any sort of an accident.

A guy can dream though...

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-11-02 12:15:49

darknessdweller is checking in on another Sunday...

At 10/26/08 07:48 PM, Millar-56 wrote: not of activity happening stm on here guys hwats going on,

Are you even a member here? And there was TONS of activity that day!

At 10/26/08 10:21 PM, zomgkerrie wrote: not sure if i should post this here in the thread but i read teh rules and it said joining was as simple as asking politely...so i am asking politely to please become a member of your car enthusiasts club.

Well, I can't make you a member, but SupraAddict can! And I'm sure he would love to!
BUT: Don't take my word for it. I don't run this club.

i love cars, i watch every episode of top gear,

Is that on Speed Network? Can somebody tell me? If it is, I'll try to find time to watch it, and I already watch Formula One Racing and NASCAR.

i belong to 2 car racing forums, and have done a tad bit of drag racing...

Oooh, drag racing sounds fun. But it sucks in video games. Dammit I hate it when my engine blows!

my favorite cars are the Pagani Zonda and the Lotus Elise and i'm madly in love with The Stig...

Oooh... going for an exotic huh? I don't mind the Zonda. Although the Elise is ugly, it has great acceleration if I remember correctly.

At 10/26/08 11:06 PM, NEVR wrote: I received a PM asking if I would still like to be a member of this club.

We all did.

I am still a member of this club.

Me too! ;)

At 10/27/08 05:48 AM, Life-Stream wrote:
At 10/26/08 04:12 PM, darknessdweller wrote: I agree. It does look good. But it's a little different from Lamborghini's other designs, right?
No, i think it actually looks quite similar to the Gallardo and the Reventon.

It doesn't to me. So I guess were just gonna have to disagree on something here, aren't we?

At 10/28/08 10:35 AM, zomgkerrie wrote: was browsing my other car forums today and saw this! a redone Lotus 211....

W00T THIS ROX!

That Lotus is sick! :D It is soo fucking cool!

At 10/28/08 08:56 PM, Millar-56 wrote: such as the skyline or evo,

Oooh, I liek the Nissan Skyline! 'Tis a pretty good car mang!
And I'm guessing Evo = Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution? :]

At 10/29/08 05:49 AM, Life-Stream wrote: This club is for any type of cars, not just performance cars. I´m a big street car fan myself, especially those great Japanese cars like the Skyline, Supra, RX7, Honda S2000, Civics etc...

Guess what: My dad HATES Japanese cars! But I always loved 'em! I liek Nissan Maxima, and 350 Z, and the Honda Civics! Makes ya wanna drool, right? And who could forget Toyota Camry 2003+ and yes, Supras are also cool!

Oh yeah, a question....does anyone here like the old mini´s?

I've only seen the new ones. They all look liek SHIT!!

At 10/30/08 12:29 PM, NEVR wrote: One of my flatmates used to work as a mechanic for Aston Martin,

Aston Martin FTW!!

and he occasionally drove some of the cars that had been brought in for servicing.

Lucky.

Lucky bastard.

Yes he is! I've always wanted to drive an Aston Martin or at least look at a real one!

~end weekly post~

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-11-02 14:46:59

This club is for any type of cars, not just performance cars. I´m a big street car fan myself, especially those great Japanese cars like the Skyline, Supra, RX7, Honda S2000, Civics etc...

We're gonna get along just finely.

French tanks have six gears, 5 reverse, and one forward in case they are ever attacked from behind

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-11-02 15:31:14

At 11/2/08 02:46 PM, SupraAddict wrote: We're gonna get along just finely.

You´re obviously a big Supra fan, what do you think of the new Supra concept?

The Car Enthusiasts Club

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-11-02 16:53:09

At 10/28/08 09:31 PM, zomgkerrie wrote: i like street cars...
i'm a huge mazda fan...i would love to learn how to rally race lol...
some of my favs are the mazda rx-7, toyota mr2(the '91-'93), and the skyline pretty much rocks! what about you?

We'll.. I'm hoping to buy an evo 4 or five soon, probally not though don't have the saving skills, my mate has a series 4 savannah rx-7 the only convertible one in new zealand, and my other mate has a r32 1991 skyline, it is just a rb20e atm but wants 25det in it, skylines are cool, i also like silvias they are sweet, nice drift cars to.

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-11-02 16:57:46

oh, and hondas' no come on, h8hnda, <---- pp, they are the worst cars, how easy are they to blow, well in nz no person likes them we cruise town at night and we like to race drift and sit our cars on limiter, hondas are slow, on limiter they blow and they a fwd, no just no, subys arn't much better. common site to see a honda or suby with its bonnet up.

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-11-02 18:16:04

Well, if you didn't see it a certain Mr.Hamilton became the youngest F1 champion ever today. Not only that, he's the first British champ since Damon Hill 12 years ago and is the first ever black champion as well.

The last few laps when it rained again were unbelivable, he only needed 5th to win it but very nearly threw it away. He only just managed to get his place back in the last corner of the last lap. Did I mention he won the championship by one point? You should've seen Massas' face :P

Also, Top Gear is back with another series! I won't spoil it for you if you havn't watched it but it was typical Top Gear i.e. the three of them cocking about as usual.

The news with them discussing the financial crisis and how it was affecting cars was bloody funny and that Lambo was awesome ^^

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-11-02 18:22:25

hey darknessdweller...

i watch top gear on bbc....you have to get the step above the basic cable to get that channel though...i upgraded our cable solely for top gear lol...

or you can get it off mininova...
i still think the best episode is the campervan holiday where it caught on fire while jeremy was cooking...lol.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-11-03 00:58:26

:the new supra

The supra looks ok, all new cars are tking that shape though, like the skyline, and that, similar shape to do the 350z.

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-11-03 08:23:24

speaking of the 350z, what do you guys think of the 370z??

i think they took a gorgeous car and ruined it. :<

The Car Enthusiasts Club

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-11-04 20:35:15

At 11/3/08 08:23 AM, zomgkerrie wrote: speaking of the 350z, what do you guys think of the 370z??

I have to disagree with you there zomgkerrie i like the 370z, not as good as the 350z and is not as good as i would expect in the z range but it is still a good car, are they the standardmags that come with the car? They suit the car very we'll, i wasn't expecting it to look so good the way you said it, but after my slow internet loaded it i thought it was good, hope there is more to come. Also have any of them been made for drift spec yet, i loved the 350 as a drift car?

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-11-04 20:39:16

At 11/2/08 12:15 PM, darknessdweller wrote: darknessdweller is checking in on another Sunday...

Are you even a member here? And there was TONS of activity that day!

:: At 10/28/08 08:56 PM, Millar-56 wrote:

such as the skyline or evo,
Oooh, I liek the Nissan Skyline! 'Tis a pretty good car mang!
And I'm guessing Evo = Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution? :]

Yes i am a member, and i'm talking about the older skylines r32 and r33 from the early to mid ninetys new ones are fucking ugly, and yes of course it is the lancer evo...lution :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-11-04 20:54:24

At 11/4/08 08:35 PM, Millar-56 wrote:
At 11/3/08 08:23 AM, zomgkerrie wrote: speaking of the 350z, what do you guys think of the 370z??

I have to disagree with you there zomgkerrie i like the 370z, not as good as the 350z and is not as good as i would expect in the z range but it is still a good car, are they the standardmags that come with the car? They suit the car very we'll, i wasn't expecting it to look so good the way you said it, but after my slow internet loaded it i thought it was good, hope there is more to come. Also have any of them been made for drift spec yet, i loved the 350 as a drift car?

i just think the front half is very curved and the back windshield looks too angled and steep...not sure of the specs for the 370 yet..will look into it...
i do heart nissans....it will probably grow on me...

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-11-04 22:04:39

At 11/4/08 08:54 PM, zomgkerrie wrote:
i just think the front half is very curved and the back windshield looks too angled and steep...not sure of the specs for the 370 yet..will look into it...
i do heart nissans....it will probably grow on me...

Yea i did notice that, the back winshield is slightly steep, but that is the way the carsa are going these days, all new cars are adopting this shape, and how do i make stuff look like quotations

::

And are we the only two active on here?!?

:Have been lately

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-11-06 16:55:00

Anyway, just dropping by to let you all know I'm still part of the club and I thought you might find this of intrest. It's called the Caterham Levante. It weighs roughly 500KG, has 420bhp as standard and if that's not gutsy enough there's the option to have it supercharged and increase it to 550bhp. It's quite the beast and the first lot have already sold out. Not a bad way to spend £100,000...

Hmmmmmmm, carbon fibre

gorgous car,

My Rover Metro GTi (Dont laugh, it had a 1.4 engine with twin overhead cam and a multi point injection system, went like shit of a shovel) has sadly died of rust. for the momen, because i really need a car in the next month i will probably picking a pergot 106 for a couple of hundred pounds.

However, because i don't want to drive something that crap unless I REALLY have to i have casting arround for alternatives. and I believe I have found one....

BEHOLD! the Fiat X1/9, yes its a Fiat, yes the last model made was in 1988 but it does have some redeaming features that blow those cons out of the water. It was styled by Bertonie before he went off to work forthe itallian stallians, it was the first mid-engined sports car available to the masses, its a two-seater convertable and the insurance cost £300 less than my metro

the thing is these things are classics so the insurance is very cheep compared to many newer cars.

The Car Enthusiasts Club

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-11-06 21:04:48

At 11/2/08 03:31 PM, Life-Stream wrote:
At 11/2/08 02:46 PM, SupraAddict wrote: We're gonna get along just finely.
You´re obviously a big Supra fan, what do you think of the new Supra concept?

I doubt it will take flight any time soon. laughably, that was promised in 08.

French tanks have six gears, 5 reverse, and one forward in case they are ever attacked from behind

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-11-07 15:23:59

its a two-seater convertable and the insurance cost £300 less than my metro

the thing is these things are classics so the insurance is very cheep compared to many newer cars.

It is a cheap car and your paying 300 pund insurance for it, why is insurance so expensive over there, is it compulsory?!?

BBS Signature