00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

The Car Enthusiasts Club

93,570 Views | 739 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-06-07 00:55:21


At 6/6/09 11:19 PM, Saen wrote:
At 6/6/09 11:08 PM, Seamonky wrote:
The only dangers of a Smart car is that it's really small. It would be good for performance wise since it's extremely light weight. Put some bike (Hayabusa) motors on that bitch and watch it fly. :D
Fuck I've seen those You Tube videos. I wish i could do that, but i can no where near afford it. As for the size, it stores more than you think and it is safer than you think. In the meantime though I might paint my Acura yellow and cover it with angry faic stickers. Tie a penicorn to the spoiler hah.

You know what? Just for the lulz, I'll use my photoshopping ability to show you what that would look like if you did those modifications to your Integra.

The Car Enthusiasts Club


French tanks have six gears, 5 reverse, and one forward in case they are ever attacked from behind

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-06-07 03:37:14


At 6/7/09 12:55 AM, SupraAddict wrote: You know what? Just for the lulz, I'll use my photoshopping ability to show you what that would look like if you did those modifications to your Integra.

DO IT!!!

That is all.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-06-07 13:27:37


At 6/6/09 11:11 PM, SupraAddict wrote: Hahaha, I can just imagine getting passed by one of those with that little "whiz" sound you get from motorized scooters. Shit dude sell your acura and get one-don't forget to post pics and a vid!

Hell yeah. The only downside is that people will think you're stupid for customizing a smart car. But when you bring the smarty to the line in a race, Say goodbye to all other cars. :D


Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-06-07 15:45:06


At 6/7/09 12:55 AM, SupraAddict wrote:
You know what? Just for the lulz, I'll use my photoshopping ability to show you what that would look like if you did those modifications to your Integra.

Hah!! I'm actually seriously considering it now. I already have angry faics on it, but i need to get new darker window tint, paint it yellow, and still buy that penicorn :P.

The Car Enthusiasts Club

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-06-29 20:41:30


Here's a good topic:

Let's talk about GM and the bad things happening to them.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-06-29 22:02:25


At 6/29/09 08:41 PM, darknessdweller wrote: Here's a good topic:

Let's talk about GM and the bad things happening to them.

Oh hell I'll bite. Nice Integra btw Saen.
General Motors are so shitty of an auto maker, they use enlarged paper cups as cupholders.


French tanks have six gears, 5 reverse, and one forward in case they are ever attacked from behind

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-06-29 22:58:21


At 6/29/09 10:02 PM, SupraAddict wrote: Oh hell I'll bite. Nice Integra btw Saen.
General Motors are so shitty of an auto maker, they use enlarged paper cups as cupholders.

Personally my most despised brand to work on is probably Saturn, which is a GM product. That or a Toyota Sequoia. I damn near broke my hand trying to break an oil filter loose on one of those damn things, not to mention the fact that I had to reach through an exhaust manifold to do it.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-06-30 13:13:32


At 6/29/09 10:02 PM, SupraAddict wrote:
At 6/29/09 08:41 PM, darknessdweller wrote: Here's a good topic:

Let's talk about GM and the bad things happening to them.
General Motors are so shitty of an auto maker, they use enlarged paper cups as cupholders.

Yea.. I've always thought Japanese cars > GM cars!
But my Papa fought in WWII, so u can count on him to buy NOTHING Japanese-made.
And my dad wants to support American products. But Imma still buy Aston Martin DB9, or a Honda Civic. But I WILL NOT buy it if it has those sickening new rims on the wheels.
Those awful new rims make me sick to my stomach!

As Eminem once said:
You. Don't. Know. How. Sick. You. Make. Me. You make freakin' sick to my stomach..

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-06-30 13:22:10


At 6/29/09 10:58 PM, TheFaces wrote:
At 6/29/09 10:02 PM, SupraAddict wrote: Oh hell I'll bite. Nice Integra btw Saen.
General Motors are so shitty of an auto maker, they use enlarged paper cups as cupholders.
Personally my most despised brand to work on is probably Saturn, which is a GM product. That or a Toyota Sequoia. I damn near broke my hand trying to break an oil filter loose on one of those damn things, not to mention the fact that I had to reach through an exhaust manifold to do it.

I can't say from a maintenance point of view which I despise, since I've only worked on checking tires for air leaks, but I have to say that Saturn is making a pretty strong comeback, and might soon break off into its own company. As for the sequoia, heheh I'm sorry to hear that. I vow never to own a minivan so that your incident will never come up again, even though they have cupholders everywhere and so many extra features...


French tanks have six gears, 5 reverse, and one forward in case they are ever attacked from behind

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-07-01 02:53:06


At 6/30/09 01:22 PM, SupraAddict wrote: I can't say from a maintenance point of view which I despise, since I've only worked on checking tires for air leaks, but I have to say that Saturn is making a pretty strong comeback, and might soon break off into its own company. As for the sequoia, heheh I'm sorry to hear that. I vow never to own a minivan so that your incident will never come up again, even though they have cupholders everywhere and so many extra features...

Well even worse then the Sequoia, are the mid to late nineties Chrysler vans. They designed this ridiculously complicated air filter housing "Network" that makes it so that you have to remove one piece of housing, and the intake hose from the throttle body, pull that out, then reach down in between the radiator, the lower radiator hose, the engine block, and wedge your hand past the number four cylinders exhaust manifold tube to unclip two clips, and pull off another part of the air filter housing, all of this just to pull the air filter out. You know what's even more fun then that? You don't have to be all that careful pulling the thing out, but to put it back together you have to get it back together JUUUUUUUUST right, otherwise it won't fit so that the hood can close. So guess what you have to do if you messed up. START ALL OVER!!!
Fuck you Dodge. /Agnry Faic

The easiest cars to work on are probably the Toyota Camry's from the 80's, and 90's. They make everything nice and simple, and readily available.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-07-01 15:32:59


At 7/1/09 02:53 AM, TheFaces wrote:
At 6/30/09 01:22 PM, SupraAddict wrote:

Well even worse then the Sequoia, are the mid to late nineties Chrysler vans. They designed this ridiculously complicated air filter housing "Network" that makes it so that you have to remove one piece of housing, and the intake hose from the throttle body, pull that out, then reach down in between the radiator, the lower radiator hose, the engine block, and wedge your hand past the number four cylinders exhaust manifold tube to unclip two clips, and pull off another part of the air filter housing, all of this just to pull the air filter out. You know what's even more fun then that? You don't have to be all that careful pulling the thing out, but to put it back together you have to get it back together JUUUUUUUUST right, otherwise it won't fit so that the hood can close. So guess what you have to do if you messed up. START ALL OVER!!!
Fuck you Dodge. /Agnry Faic

Now that sounds like a pain in the ass. Let me guess, you have messed up on a Chrysler van before, haven't you? If only they went belly-up as intended...

The easiest cars to work on are probably the Toyota Camry's from the 80's, and 90's. They make everything nice and simple, and readily available.

Hey, what is the most unique vehicle you've ever worked on?


French tanks have six gears, 5 reverse, and one forward in case they are ever attacked from behind

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-07-02 00:40:01


I don't even understand why we make SUV's. I also don't know why they are not diesel. I mean come on, you can get by with a station wagon. Same amount of space, it's just lower to the ground and needs less power. They are also safer, have better handling, and are more stylish (in my opinion).

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-07-02 00:48:43


At 7/1/09 03:32 PM, SupraAddict wrote: Now that sounds like a pain in the ass. Let me guess, you have messed up on a Chrysler van before, haven't you? If only they went belly-up as intended...

Correct on both accounts. It's really a pain in the ass because they're so common too, so I see a lot of them.

The easiest cars to work on are probably the Toyota Camry's from the 80's, and 90's. They make everything nice and simple, and readily available.
Hey, what is the most unique vehicle you've ever worked on?

Hmm... i've worked on a few TT Supras, a Turbo RX-7 with a three stage wankel (Sp?), a Toyota Starlet, a ZR1 Corvette, and I checked the tires on a Lambo Diablo once. That last one isn't really "Working" on it, but It's an honorable mention. I think the Starlet would have to be the rarest vehicle i've worked on though. It's the only one i've ever even seen here in Vegas.

I've "worked on" quite a few cars doing oil changes and such at my job, but those that I just mentioned (bar the Diablo, and ZR1) I was doing actual maintenance to. (Side work)

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-07-02 00:53:14


At 7/2/09 12:40 AM, Saen wrote: I don't even understand why we make SUV's. I also don't know why they are not diesel. I mean come on, you can get by with a station wagon. Same amount of space, it's just lower to the ground and needs less power. They are also safer, have better handling, and are more stylish (in my opinion).

Well SUV's almost went the way of the Dodo in the late nineties, until all of the rappers started buying them for some unknown reason. They were originally made to help get lots of people around in off road situations, where things like station wagons won't go, and two seater trucks just can't transport enough people. I would rather have SUV's then Vans though. They're as easy to work on as any other truck, while as vans are just designed completely wrong from a mechanics point of view.

Me and my manager joke all the time at work about "Let's get all of the Auto Engineers in a room for an "Official Meeting" and blow the place up. The world would be a better place."

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-07-03 00:49:32


At 7/2/09 12:53 AM, TheFaces wrote:
At 7/2/09 12:40 AM, Saen wrote: I don't even understand why we make SUV's. I also don't know why they are not diesel. I mean come on, you can get by with a station wagon. Same amount of space, it's just lower to the ground and needs less power. They are also safer, have better handling, and are more stylish (in my opinion).
Well SUV's almost went the way of the Dodo in the late nineties, until all of the rappers started buying them for some unknown reason. They were originally made to help get lots of people around in off road situations, where things like station wagons won't go, and two seater trucks just can't transport enough people. I would rather have SUV's then Vans though. They're as easy to work on as any other truck, while as vans are just designed completely wrong from a mechanics point of view.

From what I heard, the 90's-00's Dodge Rams are one of the easiest trucks to work on/modify. I'm not sure about their new SUV's, the Nitro, and.... shit I forgot, but they seem harmless enough. It's cool that you've gotten a few Supra's in your time, they are, and will be, my favorite car.


Me and my manager joke all the time at work about "Let's get all of the Auto Engineers in a room for an "Official Meeting" and blow the place up. The world would be a better place."

Yeah, but the worst and most powerful engineer will always survive, remember the text books and "Valkyrie" or whatever they call it? Boom Boom. I also heard they came out with a movie about it, but I never got around to watch it.


French tanks have six gears, 5 reverse, and one forward in case they are ever attacked from behind

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-07-03 01:52:29


Can't believe I haven't found this thread before. I'm in.

I love pretty much most cars, except Honda... The only nice car they made was the NSX.

opinion people!

I now have an R34 Skyline(since my Supra) which I'm selling if anybody wants to drop into New Zealand and buy it :D It's only a GTT because I can't afford the GTR as it's rediculously expensive and a banned import D:

Anyway, just for SupraAddict, here's my supra :D

The Car Enthusiasts Club


BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-07-03 02:06:16


Also, here's some pictures of my GTT :D

I'm looking for a nice quick Subaru. I love the version 7 STI as it's a really sexy car. I would also love to have an rx7 but I despise the sound of rotary's ):

Also;

pictures look shit because of the ng file size )':

The Car Enthusiasts Club


BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-07-03 03:36:52


At 7/3/09 01:52 AM, Officer wrote: Can't believe I haven't found this thread before. I'm in.

I love pretty much most cars, except Honda... The only nice car they made was the NSX.
opinion people!
I now have an R34 Skyline(since my Supra) which I'm selling if anybody wants to drop into New Zealand and buy it :D It's only a GTT because I can't afford the GTR as it's rediculously expensive and a banned import D:

You know, A little part of me died inside when I first laid eyes on it, but now... Nothing. Such beautiful machine, now reduced to...


Anyway, just for SupraAddict, here's my supra :D

I remember. I will always remember.

Now, you must have more pictures of this, right?


French tanks have six gears, 5 reverse, and one forward in case they are ever attacked from behind

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-07-03 05:06:09


At 7/3/09 03:36 AM, SupraAddict wrote: Now, you must have more pictures of this, right?

Lmao no actually. That was the first picture I took of it D:

There's a picture of me doing burnouts in it somewhere on Youtube... I could dig it up if you like to supras spinning in circles.


BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-07-03 05:42:01


At 7/3/09 02:06 AM, Officer wrote: Also, here's some pictures of my GTT :D

Sweet Jesus. I just came.

I'm looking for a nice quick Subaru. I love the version 7 STI as it's a really sexy car. I would also love to have an rx7 but I despise the sound of rotary's ):

Why get another car with what you got?

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-07-03 19:28:07


At 7/3/09 05:06 AM, Officer wrote:
At 7/3/09 03:36 AM, SupraAddict wrote: Now, you must have more pictures of this, right?
Lmao no actually. That was the first picture I took of it D:

There's a picture of me doing burnouts in it somewhere on Youtube... I could dig it up if you like to supras spinning in circles.

I need to chat with you about your supra <3
Next time you're on aim, I really want to know a thing or two. It was only a year ago, so I'd love to know more about it.


French tanks have six gears, 5 reverse, and one forward in case they are ever attacked from behind

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-07-07 00:47:07


At 7/3/09 02:06 AM, Officer wrote: Also, here's some pictures of my GTT :D

I'm looking for a nice quick Subaru. I love the version 7 STI as it's a really sexy car. I would also love to have an rx7 but I despise the sound of rotary's ):

How can you not like POP POP POP POP!!! Every time you shift? Lulz. I've always wanted one of the 89-92 Supra MKIII's though. They look a lot like the Z's, but they're wider, and smoother looking. My neighbor has a friend with an 89 Supra that he refuses to sell to me. I offered him 5k one time. It's honestly worth maybe 2, but it's my favorite year, color, and it's a stick with black interior.
They're really hard to find around here though.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-07-07 08:04:44


I'm really looking into getting myself a Nissan 200SX 2.0L Turbo. I've been looking around the web for that car for sale in Spain, and i've found some of the older model -s13(92-95ish) quite cheap. They can be done up nice outside, and under the bonnet too. I'd love something like in this pic.....

The Car Enthusiasts Club

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-07-07 12:09:47


At 7/2/09 12:40 AM, Saen wrote: I don't even understand why we make SUV's. I also don't know why they are not diesel.

Yea.. SUV's are gas-wasters, and we do NOT need to waste gas these days! Someone explain what makes diesel better and more expensive please?

I mean come on, you can get by with a station wagon. Same amount of space, it's just lower to the ground and needs less power.

True. All true. What if you have six 3-yr-olds in your family? </Jon & Kate Plus 8> They can't step up that high! And plus, needing less power saves money!! Only one problem: They stopped making them! T_T >.<

They are also safer, have better handling, and are more stylish (in my opinion).

How are they safer? They're smaller, and therefore, are hurt more easily by bigger vehicles.
Better handling? Probably. I've street raced in an Escalade before, and its handling sucked. Even with handling upgrades, it didn't turn well after 80 MPH.

And wood on the side = stylish? Sure, if you're in the 1920's :P.

My oldest aunt once drove a blue station wagon. But in 2003, she bought a Kia. A KIA!! It recently crapped out, and after only 6 years! 1. All my other aunts (and my mom) bought their cars in 2003, and they all run fine. 2. My dad was right. Kia is a piece of crap! But is it really Korean? *cough*Communists*cough*

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-07-07 22:24:27


At 7/7/09 08:04 AM, Life-Stream wrote: I'm really looking into getting myself a Nissan 200SX 2.0L Turbo. I've been looking around the web for that car for sale in Spain, and i've found some of the older model -s13(92-95ish) quite cheap.

I think you mean a 240Sx. A guy in my Z club has a REAAAAAAALLLY nice 240. BTW 92-95 I believe is an S14.

fucking resizing. I'm to lazy to open Paint.net, and do it the right way though.

The Car Enthusiasts Club

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-07-08 01:06:11


At 7/7/09 10:24 PM, TheFaces wrote:
At 7/7/09 08:04 AM, Life-Stream wrote: I'm really looking into getting myself a Nissan 200SX 2.0L Turbo. I've been looking around the web for that car for sale in Spain, and i've found some of the older model -s13(92-95ish) quite cheap.
I think you mean a 240Sx. A guy in my Z club has a REAAAAAAALLLY nice 240. BTW 92-95 I believe is an S14.

Lol I wasn't going to mention anything for my lack of knowledge in the Nissan motorsport history (including NisMo) but yeah, I agree with ya life-stream.

fucking resizing. I'm to lazy to open Paint.net, and do it the right way though.

lol.


French tanks have six gears, 5 reverse, and one forward in case they are ever attacked from behind

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-07-08 01:07:48


At 7/8/09 01:06 AM, SupraAddict wrote:
At 7/7/09 10:24 PM, TheFaces wrote:
At 7/7/09 08:04 AM, Life-Stream wrote: I'm really looking into getting myself a Nissan 200SX 2.0L Turbo. I've been looking around the web for that car for sale in Spain, and i've found some of the older model -s13(92-95ish) quite cheap.
I think you mean a 240Sx. A guy in my Z club has a REAAAAAAALLLY nice 240. BTW 92-95 I believe is an S14.

Lol I wasn't going to mention anything for my lack of knowledge in the Nissan motorsport history (including NisMo) but yeah, I agree with ya The-Faces.
Fixed. Sorry about that, you two both mix me up with the blue auras Xl


fucking resizing. I'm to lazy to open Paint.net, and do it the right way though.
lol.

French tanks have six gears, 5 reverse, and one forward in case they are ever attacked from behind

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-07-08 02:03:56


At 7/8/09 01:07 AM, SupraAddict wrote: Lol I wasn't going to mention anything for my lack of knowledge in the Nissan motorsport history (including NisMo) but yeah, I agree with ya The-Faces.
Fixed. Sorry about that, you two both mix me up with the blue auras Xl

Well he DID mention something about Italy, so they may be called the 200Sx over there. Although I know that in Japan they had the 180Sx, which featured a 1.8 liter SOHC motor, and then they later evolved into the 240Sx which (IN JAPAN) either came with a 2.4 liter SOHC OR DOHC motor. Over here in the US however they never made the 180SX, and only had the 240SX.
I was actually incorrect in my statement of S13 Vs. S14 though. I forgot that they only had the two over here in the US The S12 ended in 89, and S13 started in 90. They never had an S15 here in the US, but produced them in Japan.

I'm a Nissan fanboy, although I really only know about the Z's in any kind of excess.

Also, I've noticed a couple of you asking me what my car is, and if the one in my profile picture is mine. Yes. I think I've posted that here before, but just for good measure.
It's a 1987 300ZX N/A.

Picture
I'll post another picture with my next Post btw.

The Car Enthusiasts Club

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-07-08 08:20:39


I would pretty much love to have either the 180SX, 200SX or the 240SX. They all look kinda similar really, but i'd like to get atleast a 2.0L Turbo. I really like the S14 model too, but they still seem to be selling quite expensive :(

I think here in Europe it was either just the 180sx or the 200sx, i don't think they call it the 240sx over here.

Also this is a beast of a 300ZX for sale here in Spain. According to that it's got 313HP. It's a bit expensive though.

The Car Enthusiasts Club

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-07-08 15:09:50


At 7/8/09 08:20 AM, Life-Stream wrote: I would pretty much love to have either the 180SX, 200SX or the 240SX. They all look kinda similar really, but i'd like to get atleast a 2.0L Turbo. I really like the S14 model too, but they still seem to be selling quite expensive :(
I think here in Europe it was either just the 180sx or the 200sx, i don't think they call it the 240sx over here.
Also this is a beast of a 300ZX for sale here in Spain. According to that it's got 313HP. It's a bit expensive though.

Eh... for a Z32 that's actually pretty tame. There's more then one guy in SincityZ with z32's running upwards of 600 horse power.
That would be perfect for a drift car though. I think Butters Z31 has something around 350 horses. This car is a frigging work of art!

I know I said I would post another picture of my car, but Butter's Z31 is just way better looking.

The Car Enthusiasts Club