00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme
Upgrade Your Account!

Hi! I’m here waving at you this week because we’re hoping to boost our Supporter count. When we removed most of the ads from NG in January, our goal was to hit 4,000 active Supporters in 2020. We’re making steady progress but are coming up about 300 people short! If you have $3 per month or $25 per year to spare, please consider becoming a Supporter today!

The Car Enthusiasts Club

93,784 Views | 739 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-11-30 22:57:26

Oh and heres a picture. Mid-mounted motor, it is the size of a watermelon. The batteries are also place in the mid/rear in order to provide more traction and grip to the tires. Carbon-fiber body, Rwd, about 2,700 lbs. The roadster sport now accelerates faster than the little Tango 0-60, 3.7 < 3.8. Top speed, 144 mph (due to only 288 Hp). Oh and never-mind, its $19k more than the hard top now, I double checked the Hard-Top, its $101k not $108k, my bad.

The Car Enthusiasts Club

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-12-08 19:28:51

Oh and I finally got that Grillecraft cut-out grille installed, had to take off the whole front bumper and drill 3 holes in it. Now all I have to do is get an Apexi N-1 muffler, paint the engine block and brakes yellow, and buy a cold-air intake.

The Car Enthusiasts Club

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-12-08 19:51:14

At 12/8/09 07:28 PM, Saen wrote: Oh and I finally got that Grillecraft cut-out grille installed

You should have saved up a buck or two more and gone for an awesome aggressive looking body kit.

On a different note, am i the only one here that thinks the Lancer Evo 9 is sexier than the Evo 10?

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-12-08 20:32:03

At 12/8/09 07:51 PM, Life-Stream wrote:
You should have saved up a buck or two more and gone for an awesome aggressive looking body kit.

Well I figured if I was going to spend any extra money, it would be on Sony Explode amp, radio, and subs.

On a different note, am i the only one here that thinks the Lancer Evo 9 is sexier than the Evo 10?

Probably. The 10 is way more defined and fierce, but the 9 should be faster, due to the extra weight added to the 10.

I hate all the GPS/Nav systems and all the other useless electronics auto companies are slapping onto cars these days. Unnecessary weight and complications, what ever happened to the basic, compact, and lightweight car?

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-12-09 06:37:41

Hey, ill go for joining, I just hope you guys talk about others cars than imports. What About american muscle? ive got a hot rod heart

The Car Enthusiasts Club

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-12-09 06:45:31

At 12/8/09 07:51 PM, Life-Stream wrote: On a different note, am i the only one here that thinks the Lancer Evo 9 is sexier than the Evo 10?

They both look really sexy, but I do think the evo 9 is better.

The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-12-09 13:32:57

At 12/9/09 06:37 AM, 64nailhead wrote: Hey, ill go for joining, I just hope you guys talk about others cars than imports. What About american muscle? ive got a hot rod heart

Yeah my favorite car is an American car, the Tesla Roadster. Other than that, imports are way more efficient, agile, safe, and quick.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-12-09 16:11:27

American cars are FAR to overrated.

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-12-10 19:39:09

Just hear me out, when you have some evo or skyline you have to have a degree from ITT Tech just to change a wire. On good old american cars its just pop the plug wire off take spark plug off, put new one in, put new plug wire on Viola! done. (not like im saying i hate imports and their high performance ideas) but i just like simplicity.

Nailheads Are Kool(with twin garrett turbos and dual quad holleys) FYI

The Car Enthusiasts Club

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-12-10 19:49:04

At 12/8/09 08:32 PM, Saen wrote: I hate all the GPS/Nav systems and all the other useless electronics auto companies are slapping onto cars these days. Unnecessary weight and complications, what ever happened to the basic, compact, and lightweight car?

The best, and only, good example I can think of to support your idea is the McLaren F1. Probablly the single greatest car ever made.

The Car Enthusiasts Club

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-12-10 19:53:21

At 12/8/09 08:32 PM, Saen wrote: I hate all the GPS/Nav systems and all the other useless electronics auto companies are slapping onto cars these days. Unnecessary weight and complications, what ever happened to the basic, compact, and lightweight car?

Dude, it's nearly 2010. If a new car doesn't come with these things it'd be pretty shitty.
Sure each gizmo might add 10...maybe 15 kilos at most onto your car, but who cares really, it's not like you're gonna be drag racing on the streets, right? And if someone buys a car to race or tune and really think that the extra weight is a factor in that aspect, then they can just take it out.

Cars that are designed to be sold as actual race cars don't have all those luxurys anyway, hell, most of those crazy supercars don't even have radios.
But if i was to buy a new car for daily road use in this day and age, it better have all those gadgets and gizmos, however unnecessary they may be.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-12-10 19:58:19

At 12/10/09 07:53 PM, Life-Stream wrote: But if i was to buy a new car for daily road use in this day and age, it better have all those gadgets and gizmos, however unnecessary they may be.

I need a gps / satnav because I have ZERO sence of direction.

even then it might not help...

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-12-11 06:51:32

At 12/10/09 07:58 PM, HighWayStar365 wrote: I need a gps / satnav because I have ZERO sence of direction.

The complete opposite of me :P
Don't wanna brag about it, but i have great sense of direction.
A few months ago me and a few friends drove to a city quite far, that we had never been to before, and parked up and had a long ass walk around.

Then when we wanted to find the car everyone was lost.....apart from me. I'm like a damn GPS myself :D

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-12-11 07:45:12

At 12/11/09 06:51 AM, Life-Stream wrote: I'm like a damn GPS myself :D

I envy people like you...

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-12-12 21:55:27

At 12/10/09 07:53 PM, Life-Stream wrote:
Dude, it's nearly 2010. If a new car doesn't come with these things it'd be pretty shitty.
Sure each gizmo might add 10...maybe 15 kilos at most onto your car, but who cares really, it's not like you're gonna be drag racing on the streets, right? And if someone buys a car to race or tune and really think that the extra weight is a factor in that aspect, then they can just take it out.

Cars are so expensive these days because of this unnecessary technology (and weight). Heck i'd rather rather have a nicer engine or interior (leather, sunroof, armrest) than a GPS system, fancy dash, or air-conditioning. If you look at most of the new cars today, the whole interior is plastic, heck even half of the exterior is plastic, whatever happened to a good solid bumper? Even my Integra has a full leather and vinyl interior, very few new cars (even $20k cars have fully plastic dashes, door panels, handles, hubcaps, and of corse bumpers) are like that today. I don't mind the extra weight, as long as it serves a consistently useful purpose.

Lets say all the unnecessary technology in your car (GPS, Sat. Radio, A/C, Computer and screen) adds up to around $3000. That could get you a turbo or a nice set of rims or leather and wood finished interior or a full aftermarket exhaust system.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-12-13 03:49:32

At 12/10/09 07:39 PM, 64nailhead wrote: Just hear me out, when you have some evo or skyline you have to have a degree from ITT Tech just to change a wire. On good old american cars its just pop the plug wire off take spark plug off, put new one in, put new plug wire on Viola! done. (not like im saying i hate imports and their high performance ideas) but i just like simplicity.

Nailheads Are Kool(with twin garrett turbos and dual quad holleys) FYI

Er... I have an 87 300zx (Nissan/Datsun) that's as simple to work on as any of my old muscle cars were. The only difference is that I can't sit in my engine bay to do it.
But I have nothing against American cars.
Honestly the only cars I dislike are the ones that carry a price tag of over $100,000. If you have to spend that much for a nice car, you're doing something wrong.

that's why I didn't post much when that's all we were talking about.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-12-13 14:06:05

At 12/12/09 09:55 PM, Saen wrote: Heck i'd rather rather have a nicer engine or interior (leather, sunroof, armrest) than a GPS system, fancy dash, or air-conditioning. If you look at most of the new cars today, the whole interior is plastic, heck even half of the exterior is plastic, whatever happened to a good solid bumper?

When you say nicer engine, what exactly do you mean? New engines are statistically more efficient and reliable than older ones. If you mean more power or 'adding a turbo' as you mentioned, it would only result in less mpg, which means more expensive maintenance.

Even my Integra has a full leather and vinyl interior, very few new cars (even $20k cars have fully plastic dashes, door panels, handles, hubcaps, and of corse bumpers) are like that today. I don't mind the extra weight, as long as it serves a consistently useful purpose.

It is true that car manufacturers are trying to save alot of money on cheap interiors, and you won't find a real nice leather/wood finish if you don't spend 50k or more (unless you but a 2nd hand luxury car or something).

I remember my dad brought a Bentley some time ago to sell on again to make a profit, and it had the most elegant interior i'd ever seen. Sheep skin wool carpets. HUGE comfortable leather heated seats, and a beautiful wooden dash.

Lets say all the unnecessary technology in your car (GPS, Sat. Radio, A/C, Computer and screen) adds up to around $3000. That could get you a turbo or a nice set of rims or leather and wood finished interior or a full aftermarket exhaust system.

But let's be honest. Not everyone that buys a car wants a turbo, rims or a full exhaust system. I'd say the majority of cars that are sold are for family use, or for every day work runs etc...so why would people want turbos on those cars?

Most new sports cars do have turbo versions, for those that do want that extra push, but I don't think there's any reason to loose all the technology.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-12-13 14:34:51

At 12/13/09 02:06 PM, Life-Stream wrote:
When you say nicer engine, what exactly do you mean? New engines are statistically more efficient and reliable than older ones. If you mean more power or 'adding a turbo' as you mentioned, it would only result in less mpg, which means more expensive maintenance.

Aluminum head, stainless steel trim, just higher quality bits and parts in general. As for these new engines, they just keep taking up less space and becoming more powerful at the same time, its incredible. Turbos do increase the upkeep, but if they are used for casual driving, it can increase the mpg and overall efficiency of the engine. My dad has owned his turbo-diesel E-300 for over 11 years now and we have never had any engine problems, including the turbo. He also gets 30+ mpg on the car.

It is true that car manufacturers are trying to save alot of money on cheap interiors, and you won't find a real nice leather/wood finish if you don't spend 50k or more (unless you but a 2nd hand luxury car or something).

I remember my dad brought a Bentley some time ago to sell on again to make a profit, and it had the most elegant interior i'd ever seen. Sheep skin wool carpets. HUGE comfortable leather heated seats, and a beautiful wooden dash.

Exactly, back in the day cars were built as if each one was a work of art. The overall driving experience (comfort, agility, luxury) was more important than how "loaded" (GPS, TVS, lights and shit) a car was.

But let's be honest. Not everyone that buys a car wants a turbo, rims or a full exhaust system. I'd say the majority of cars that are sold are for family use, or for every day work runs etc...so why would people want turbos on those cars?

Ok lets put these out as an example. Lets say a car company takes the cheaper way out by using a V-6 to power a larger sedan. I would rather have the extra money spent on a twin charged I-4, rather than a cheap, bulky V-6 and electronics. The twin charged I-4 would be more powerful, more fuel efficient, and more reliable, due to less cylinders and the mutual relationship between the turbo and supercharger.

Most new sports cars do have turbo versions, for those that do want that extra push, but I don't think there's any reason to loose all the technology.

All I'm saying is that engine efficiency should be more of a priority than cheap electronics.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-12-13 21:35:50

yea, my Dads 2000 Ranger is pretty simple too but tahts just a 4 cylinder so there isnt much there. If anyone pays 100,000 bucks for any cars, seriously would you drive or just tell everyone to come to your house to look at it? My dream car is something i can afford and make it go fast thats it. But a Red '86 Ferrari Testarossa would be my most envied dream car( Kavinsky Style)

Nailheads are Kool(with twin garrets and dual quad holleys) FYI

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-12-14 12:20:29

I really wish I had a car right now... any car that doesn't break down all the time and keeps the cold out. Walking around in the freezing cold weather isn't ideal for someone who is built for comfort like I am ;P

Also hi haven't posted here in a while.

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-12-14 20:31:13

So this coming Saturday, i'm gonna take a drive down to Sevilla. It's probably about 500kms away, i'll just go at a steady pace, so I estimate 5 hours or so driving. The longest journey I've done in my little car. Mind you, i've had it for over a year now, and i do atleast 2000kms a month, and I've not had one problem with it yet :D

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-12-16 17:47:07

At 12/14/09 12:20 PM, NEVR wrote:
I really wish I had a car right now... any car that doesn't break down all the time and keeps the cold out. Walking around in the freezing cold weather isn't ideal for someone who is built for comfort like I am ;P

You have an American car?

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2010-01-29 22:05:05

i own a modified 2003 Jeep Tj Rocky Mountain editon with 33 inch Micky Tompson tires 5 (i think)inch Sky Jacker Lift Kit and Micky tompson tires and a snorkol and a warn winch and a light bar it is a nice jeep and im not one of those guys that are afraid to ruin my jeep off roading

Gamertag: Meanblackcobra

asdfghk wuz here TAKE THAT SOCIETY

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2010-03-10 07:22:57

Wow, I haven't been here in a loooong time.... Anyone even remember me? lol.

Well to catch everyone up, I got my first car... 1999 Subaru Impreza RX (pic below) a few months ago.

Overall, it's an awesome car. All-wheel drive is sweet, especially since my area has those long-ass curves along the roads. And unless I'm driving in the wet, the handling is amazing. The acceleration is fairly quick, for a 2L 4-cylinder, but regardless, I have nothing bad to say against Subaru's BOXOR engines.

opinions?

The Car Enthusiasts Club

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2010-03-15 09:38:06

HERRO :3

New F1 season kicked off yesterday in Bahrain. Mr.Eyebrows won it with Massa 2nd and Hamilton 3rd. Schumacher came 6th but we're yet to see him at his best. Button came about 8th, seems it'll take a bit for him to settle.

Vettel nearly had it in the bag but an exhaust failed and he ended up 4th, how unlucky. I think Lotus managed to finish somewhere in the bottom, which is great for them. Remember that they have a budget of £40M whereas Ferrari have a budget of about £300M.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2010-03-27 03:06:14

Can I join? My favorite car is a 1965 Shelby Cobra. I currently drive a 2003 Hyundai Sonata.

The Car Enthusiasts Club

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2010-03-27 08:30:06

At 3/27/10 03:06 AM, puddinN64 wrote: Can I join? My favorite car is a 1965 Shelby Cobra. I currently drive a 2003 Hyundai Sonata.

Sure, anyone's free to join. I love the Cobra too. Have you seen the first Bad Boys movie? There's a short car chase in that with that car :D

Also, i'm thinking of buying a new car in a few months. I'm looking for something like a Honda Prelude, nissan 200sx or something similar. Whatever i can find decent and quite cheap really,

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2010-05-06 05:24:05

Hey Motorheads,

I was just finally coming back to the club to ask a question. I currently drive a Holden Commodore VP, Google it if you must. Its a fairly nice car, and has some serious grunt. Although, I'm looking for a swap to a more 'tuner' style car. Any ideas of cars or brands I should look into more?

I dont have too much to pay, so cars from the 90's are better for me. Considering my budget is in the thousands. I want it to have potential to be modified and look brilliant (With simple mods, rims, springs, etc). But I also want a car that is pretty luxurious and so on. For example.

- Earlier Skylines.
- Impreza (Although out of price range)
- Lancer.

You get the point? Let me know your opinions. I'm Australian too, which means most cars you guys have, I will too. Except for some makes of cars aren't here. Such as Acura? I believe. Thanks.

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2010-05-06 09:50:10

You might be best off with an older Nissan. A friend of mine just bough a 91 300zx and we've already overhauled the engine and it seems to be a good car for someone who is an amateur when it comes to working on cars. So far we have been able to do everything ourselves and once we start working on the body, it has a ton of potential and will look amazing.

Also, I wouldn't mind joining. I love cars and with school being out I should have more time to spend here on NG.

I play lottery. I always lose.

LOOK at my CAR VIDEOS on YouTUBE !!

BBS Signature