00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

nawnagon just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Final Fantasy Club

947,812 Views | 25,815 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-08-04 01:58:48

Can I join this club?
and when is ff 12 coming out?

Kuro - Puting the 'Kur' back in 'inkurable disease.'

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-08-04 03:22:14

At 8/4/05 01:58 AM, -Black_Magic- wrote: Can I join this club?

Sure.

Apparently it seems like the 16th of March next year in the USA. :*(

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]

XBL / PSN - Voidist

Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-08-04 04:43:13

At 8/4/05 03:22 AM, Soma-Cruz wrote:
Sure.

Apparently it seems like the 16th of March next year in the USA. :*(

Well that sucks, I was mislead by a magazine I read then, is it on ps2 or on ps3?

ps arigato gozaimasu

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-08-04 05:48:27

At 8/3/05 10:38 PM, Sephirona wrote: They've been trying for a long time to make moneymakers. Paying money each month to play a game? Sheesh.

I know. And that makes me wish it was called Final Fantasy Online. Making it XI just fucked up my collection of Final Fantasy games with roman numerals or something like that.

They don't care as much about the old classic Final Fantasy anymore, which is why I'm worried about their 'remakes.'

The only remake I'm fine with is FFI and II for GBA, although I havn't played those games much. I think I got stuck and didn't bother to continue playing. Any other FF remakes, fuck them!

At 8/4/05 01:34 AM, Soma-Cruz wrote: XII coming out on 16/3/06?! That's fucking nutters! It was supposed to be out this past spring! Christ, give VII a fucking rest, let it be like the game should be and stop fucking milking it Enix you cunts! >: (

At least it possibly won't come out in 2007 for you. I bet FFXII will come out in 2007 for Europe. Also, I don't mind FFVII having a sequel, but with so much games for FFVII, I think it has gone over the top. I just want a sequel that is after the end of FFVII. I mean, look at the end of FFVII. There's got to be a sequel and the game came out 8 years ago.

Sure, welcome.

At 8/4/05 04:43 AM, -Black_Magic- wrote: Well that sucks, I was mislead by a magazine I read then, is it on ps2 or on ps3?

It'll be on the PS2, unless there's a change and it goes to PS3. I hope it will be for the PS2 since that will be the last FF game for the PS2 before the PS3 is out.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-08-04 07:08:07

The best RPG in the world... after Ciberpunk, obviously! :)

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-08-04 12:53:26

At 8/3/05 10:34 PM, Sephirona wrote: Actually if you were playing the game you'd notice that Sephiroth actually has one of the most developed storylines and personalities in the game. Part of the reason he went insane was because of his psycological need to feel that he had a mother, and once Jenova came along, even though she wasn't his real mother, he wanted to believe she was. This led him to the false belief that she indeed was the person w3ho gave birth to him.

Uh? No... he went insaine BECAUSE he found out Jenova was his mother. Not because he had a need for a mother. And if you remmeber he tried to deny it as much as he could at first.

Also, there are many little things that attest to the existence of a very subtle but very powerfully conveyed personality. For example, all throughout the game there were small instances where people who met him would talk about his cold, impersonal behavior. This was naturally due to the fct that he was raised in an environment unsuitable for any normal child's growth.

What? What does that have to do with it? Unsutable place to grow up? Thats not why he was cold, he was cold because of Jenova. If you forget again in the flashback when he talked he was more normal than anyone could be.

Also, he is actually not completely a 'puppet'; he had very obvious theories and opinions that were influenced by his affected 'love' for his mother and his hatred for the human race, which was attributed to the facts that he wished to believe that Jenova, a non-human, was his mother and that he had been experimented on by the humans. In reality he is a human though, if not slightly altered with Jenova's DNA.

He's more Jenova than human. Unlike most he was ininjected with her before birth. Jenova's DNA was in him his whole life, even before birth. I an probebly say the reason he lost his mind was because he got to close to the source and the influence of the cells worked into him at full force.

That's why I think he's one the most well developed characters of all, and why he's my favorite. It's not 'cause of his clothing or sword' or whatchamacallit; many characters use that kind of cliche.

I still say he's one of the most under develped character I have ever seen in a videogame. And although the sword and look aren't why you like him. Ask around, if he was a short brown haired guy, with a normal sword, and plain clothes. Ask how many people would still like him. You know the look helps more than your admitting.

Anyway, maybe I can find somthing good to compare him to. Persoanlly I could say Ghaleon from Lunar. But I suppose one of my favorite characters might just look like I'm playing favorites.

So Have you ever played Xenogears? No saga, I mean gears. If not. Try your best to get it. Take a good hard look at Lacan, Id, and Krelian after the game if finished. Compared to them Sephiroth has no story at all.

Nothing against Sephiroth, it's just his character hype is bigger than the character himself. And when peopel start calling the guy the greatest character ever made.... well I just have to disagree the best I can.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-08-04 12:57:00

At 8/4/05 12:53 PM, Ghaleonx5z wrote:
At 8/3/05 10:34 PM, Sephirona wrote: Actually if you were playing the game you'd notice that Sephiroth actually has one of the most developed storylines and personalities in the game.

Ah just one last thing, I didn't mean any offence by it. I really do Like Sephiroth. I just have trouble beleaving how much extra hype the guy has, when other villians that are extreamly well developed deserve alot of fans, yet no one hears about them =/

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-08-04 13:50:34

so do you guys talk about ALL the final fantasy games because I don't own a ps1 or ps2 but I can get the old ones on emulators and the remakes plus i have tactics and CC

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-08-04 17:02:05

At 8/4/05 01:50 PM, TwilightLegend wrote: so do you guys talk about ALL the final fantasy games because I don't own a ps1 or ps2 but I can get the old ones on emulators and the remakes plus i have tactics and CC

Sure we do, the older ones rule too, even tough I've only played 6 ~ 10-2, lol.

Swing a Little more!

.. ROCK OUT!

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-08-04 19:40:06

kool and di you know that 2 games were not released in america it was either 2 and 3 or 3 and 4 i cant remember

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-08-05 04:03:05

At 8/4/05 05:02 PM, EviLudy wrote:
At 8/4/05 01:50 PM, TwilightLegend wrote: so do you guys talk about ALL the final fantasy games because I don't own a ps1 or ps2 but I can get the old ones on emulators and the remakes plus i have tactics and CC
Sure we do, the older ones rule too, even tough I've only played 6 ~ 10-2, lol.

I've played all of them except for 3 cos of the crappy annoying american thing, you know what i'm talking about, how 6 was then called 3 and such. I haven't completed all of them though, 2 was good, and 5 ws good, those were the only 1's a really liked out of the first 5, in 5 you could change your class, which I found convenient.

My personal favourite of all of them, is 9, I just liked it for the cartoony feel, although I didn't really like it how there was only really '1' party (Zidane, Garnet(I hated the name Dagger) Vivi and Steiner) sure you could substitute a few, but they weren't as good, I never did beat that guy you find in the chocobo cloud place...

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-08-05 05:21:26

Uh? No... he went insaine BECAUSE he found out Jenova was his mother. Not because he had a need for a mother. And if you remmeber he tried to deny it as much as he could at first.

and remember; he locked himself im in a basement to read all the books there(unfinished books, some parts were missing) for days without resting, and how manny people DON'T go insane after all that?
just look at liquid snake from metal gear solid, he has gone insane becuse he knew what he was, that he was only the experiment and the waste product from the verry begining.(wile it was actuly the other way around.) but he was just like sephiroth obsessed with his cells and DNA that we wanted to do evrything to let it survive.

What? What does that have to do with it? Unsutable place to grow up? Thats not why he was cold, he was cold because of Jenova. If you forget again in the flashback when he talked he was more normal than anyone could be.

he was kinda cold, but otherwise, he was a nise guy up untill the moment he found jenova.
he did not snap becuse jenova was close, but becuse his mother's name was jenova(again, he did not know evrything, like that he had a REAL mother) and the room were jenova was in had the name...he also did think he was made in a test-tube, wile he was BORN that way.

He's more Jenova than human. Unlike most he was ininjected with her before birth. Jenova's DNA was in him his whole life, even before birth. I an probebly say the reason he lost his mind was because he got to close to the source and the influence of the cells worked into him at full force.

okay, so jenova did have controle over him, but i think it's becuse he welcomed her with his arms wide open wen he snaped.
before the 'burn the entire toun' thing, he was only shocked to findout that the name of his mother is the same like that monster.

Anyway, maybe I can find somthing good to compare him to. Persoanlly I could say Ghaleon from Lunar. But I suppose one of my favorite characters might just look like I'm playing favorites.

actuly, he can be compared to his OTHER version of KH, almost no character, kick-ass looks, loved over the rest.

So Have you ever played Xenogears? No saga, I mean gears. If not. Try your best to get it. Take a good hard look at Lacan, Id, and Krelian after the game if finished. Compared to them Sephiroth has no story at all.

might pick it up wen i find it.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-08-05 07:35:26

At 8/4/05 07:40 PM, TwilightLegend wrote: kool and di you know that 2 games were not released in america it was either 2 and 3 or 3 and 4 i cant remember

Oh yes. I know that. You can get the actual FFII on the GBA. It comes with FFI. Also, the actual FFIII will come out on the DS. Not sure when, though. :'(

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-08-05 09:39:17

that awsome about the ffIII on DS that makes 2 that I know about because CC is supposed to be transfered aswell and revolution will have a new CC game on it and just a small fact is that all FF games would be on a nintendo system if nintendo and sony had not droped their partnership because thats why ps1 existes as a console

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-08-05 12:23:03

At 8/4/05 12:57 PM, Ghaleonx5z wrote: yet no one hears about them =/

Indeed. :/ I'd say that Kuja is one of the better FF Vilians. Just his style and the way he used Brhane like that was pretty slick.

XBL / PSN - Voidist

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-08-05 13:21:48

Can i join ???? Im really into Final Fantasy.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-08-05 13:40:28

At 8/5/05 01:21 PM, Altomatic wrote: Can i join ????

Sure thing.

Im really into Final Fantasy.

What are all the games from the series have you played?

XBL / PSN - Voidist

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-08-05 13:42:45

At 8/5/05 01:40 PM, Soma-Cruz wrote:
At 8/5/05 01:21 PM, Altomatic wrote: Can i join ????
Sure thing.

Im really into Final Fantasy.
What are all the games from the series have you played?

1,2 , 7 , 10 and tactics for the gba.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-08-05 18:28:27

B u M p

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-08-05 19:33:47

At 8/5/05 12:23 PM, Soma-Cruz wrote:
At 8/4/05 12:57 PM, Ghaleonx5z wrote: yet no one hears about them =/
Indeed. :/ I'd say that Kuja is one of the better FF Vilians. Just his style and the way he used Brhane like that was pretty slick.

I always thought that Kuja was one of the worst villians, I thought Seifer in FF8 was a pretty cool villian...

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-08-05 19:58:48

At 8/5/05 07:33 PM, -Black_Magic- wrote: I always thought that Kuja was one of the worst villians, I thought Seifer in FF8 was a pretty cool villian...

Seifer was a little bitch. I liked the guy, but he didn't strike fear into me.

Sephiroth was obviously whoop ass. And Kuja was ok. Seymour was quite freaky since he was all cool and nice, then turned into a decieving little bastard,

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-08-05 22:57:10

At 8/5/05 01:42 PM, Altomatic wrote: 1,2 , 7 , 10 and tactics for the gba.

Ah, well it's good that you've played 1 & 2, I'm guessing you played them when they came out on PS1. VII is okay and X was pretty good. You should play VIII, IX, and Tactics as well. IX and Tactics are my favorite out of them all.

At 8/5/05 07:33 PM, -Black_Magic- wrote: I always thought that Kuja was one of the worst villians

How so?

I thought Seifer in FF8 was a pretty cool villian...

Nah, he went all wuss at the end.

XBL / PSN - Voidist

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-08-06 00:03:43

At 8/5/05 10:57 PM, Soma-Cruz wrote:
At 8/5/05 01:42 PM, Altomatic wrote: 1,2 , 7 , 10 and tactics for the gba.
Ah, well it's good that you've played 1 & 2, I'm guessing you played them when they came out on PS1. VII is okay and X was pretty good. You should play VIII, IX, and Tactics as well. IX and Tactics are my favorite out of them all.

At 8/5/05 07:33 PM, -Black_Magic- wrote: I always thought that Kuja was one of the worst villians
How so?

Well he looked too girly for a guy, I found my self thinking he was a girl for the first half of the game

I thought Seifer in FF8 was a pretty cool villian...
Nah, he went all wuss at the end.

Yeah, but he was cool at the start, The turks were okay villians

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-08-06 04:28:12

At 8/5/05 01:21 PM, Altomatic wrote: Can i join ???? Im really into Final Fantasy.

Sure, welcome.

1,2 , 7 , 10 and tactics for the gba.

I guess you have the GBA FFI and II.

And about these Final Fantasy villains, I think X-Death (FFV) and Kefka (FFVI) were the best villains since what they did were pure evil. I think they were better villains.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-08-06 21:12:58

At 8/4/05 01:34 AM, Soma-Cruz wrote: XII coming out on 16/3/06?! That's fucking nutters! It was supposed to be out this past spring! Christ, give VII a fucking rest, let it be like the game should be and stop fucking milking it Enix you cunts! >: (

Thank you! A decent, intelligent individual.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-08-06 21:35:20

At 8/3/05 10:34 PM, Sephirona wrote: Actually if you were playing the game you'd notice that Sephiroth actually has one of the most developed storylines and personalities in the game. Part of the reason he went insane was because of his psycological need to feel that he had a mother, and once Jenova came along, even though she wasn't his real mother, he wanted to believe she was. This led him to the false belief that she indeed was the person w3ho gave birth to him.

Actually, if you've read into books on psychology, this is a very common case. Without a proper mother, he was not able to develop normally, and that resulted in his strange actions. In the very early portions of the game you'll notice several individuals comment on his coldness and his stoic personality. In fact, I agree with you that PART of the reason he's insane was because he was under the influence of Jenova; but if you are saying that it is completely and indefinitely the reason, then I must strongly disagree.
If you've taken classes in biology (Or more preferred, genetics), you will know that certain factors are hereditary. You see, I do agree that Sephiroth was influenced by Jenova's DNA, but if you remember, she wasn't human. She was not capable of normal human thoughts. Sephiroth's physical strength, magical prowess, and yes, hair color may have been affected by her DNA, but the rest was most definitely from his human parents.
Which, of course, brings us to the issue of his parents. Hojo was most clearly insane, with a cliched "mad scientist outlook" on things. His mother, although not as extravagent, was just as much insane in agreeing to bear Hojo a child/ give her child up for science. Of course, she regrets this later, but you can already tell that she was not a most sane person in that. a mother's natural instinct is to protect her child; it is called maternal instinct, and any other case is deemed "mentally unstable." So you see, both of Sephiroth's parents were unfortunately very much insane, and this gave his genotype at least a 25 percent chance of being just as insane.
His naturally prone-to-insanity mentality made him incredibly susceptible to provocation, and as a result, his combined knowledge that he was "different" (Strange and cold psyche) and the newfound knowledge that, after at least 30 years of his life, when he was finally an adult, that he was lied to and was an experiment drove him to insanity. It's very understandable, as there are actual cases, though not dealing with aliens, that follow the exact same premise.

Also, for the fact that he tried to 'deny' it- he didn't. It was what he was afraid of. Like I mentioned above, he already knew that he was quite different from the other children when he was small. Sephiroth wasn't stupid. Like his parents, he is smart but insane, which may seem humorous but is indeed not. The information he discovered only further confirmed his fears of his suggested origins.

Lastly, to your comment saying that if he was brown haired and short, I would have to say I would not have liked him as a character. Would you like to know why? Because, my friend, he would have been a NORMAL man. You see, as I forementioned, his hair color was most definitely affected by Jenova's predetermined haircolor. It simply would not make sense if his mother had brown hair and his father had black hair. Obviously, if he had brown hair and was short, he would not have been injected by Jenova cells, and none of this tragic story would have occurred. That wouldn't have made for much of a story, now would it?

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-08-06 21:41:41

At 8/4/05 05:48 AM, Bahamut7 wrote:
At 8/3/05 10:38 PM, Sephirona wrote:
They don't care as much about the old classic Final Fantasy anymore, which is why I'm worried about their 'remakes.'
The only remake I'm fine with is FFI and II for GBA, although I havn't played those games much. I think I got stuck and didn't bother to continue playing. Any other FF remakes, fuck them!

Those two were fun. xD The Dawn of Souls series brought back memories that could be carried around portably on a system, and that made me happy. But I am very disappointed at the fact that they are trying to make all this money off games, especially legends such as FF7. We all know that FF7 has most likely had a widespread audience and as a result, a very decent amount of fans- so surely, Enix knows this too. And with their conniving, money-hungry wants, it is certain that they are trying to 'milk' money out of these fans. I have a horrible notion that I will be disappointed more than pleased when I see the outcome of some of these sequels.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-08-07 10:21:21

all this talk about FF7 being used to make more money is true but last time I checked they do not have a FF7 for a nintendo system in the making or out as for X-box I don't give a rats ass

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-08-07 14:02:59

At 8/6/05 09:35 PM, Sephirona wrote: wouldn't have made for much of a story, now would it?

Actually a normal guy going mentally evil would be just as cool =/

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-08-07 21:19:38

At 8/7/05 02:02 PM, Ghaleonx5z wrote:
At 8/6/05 09:35 PM, Sephirona wrote: wouldn't have made for much of a story, now would it?
Actually a normal guy going mentally evil would be just as cool =/

Yeah, but my point is that he wouldn't have been able to go insane if he were normal. But yes, insane is cool. I'm very insane, it's just hard to tell.

-rocks back and forth-

Hm...yeah, I despise the X-box. Yuckiness.

They're not actually remaking FF7, although there are rumors of a PS3 one, so nevermind... however, the fact is that they're leeching off FF7's fame, such as with the upcoming games:

Dirge of Cerberus
Before Crisis

And also, although I am curious about it:

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

I appreciate the fact that they have the awesome skill to make them look so real, but the fact is...Final Fantasy is just that! A fantasy! So shouldn't they not be trying to make it look so real? I loved the old feel of the old graphics. Sure they were glitchy and all, but in my opinion, they had they're own style and that was why it was so special for me. They're trying really hard to make things look real, and although I respect them for their skill- it's just not like the feel of the good ol' games.