00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Final Fantasy Club

803,741 Views | 25,860 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-06-19 21:28:24

At 4/10/13 03:32 PM, Travis wrote: He's such a fucking control freak. It's just more proof that he is the main problem with Square. He is such a little crybaby bitch over a game released for VCAST VERIZONE PHONES... with such a small niche, why should he be so upset about it? Because he is worthless and wants to ruin everything.

But that game was utter garbage from what I've heard and seen.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-06-20 01:16:01

At 6/19/13 08:19 AM, Dean wrote:
At 6/19/13 06:39 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: well if they do X first and it does well do the ones after it then do the old school (preferably VII)
I'm by no means a massive Final Fantasy fan or someone who pays close attention to Square Enix, but I thought I'd chip in on what I think of a Final Fantasy VII remake, seeing as I played through VII just last week.

I keep quite a eye on it. stocks, press releases, rumors etc

VII still holds up as a pretty awesome RPG.

I consider it the gold standard of what a RPG should be. not like todays rushed and already done story plots.

It's a game that I personally don't think needs a great deal of updating done. If the character models were to be remade with more detail (especially the out of battle character models) I think that, visually, it'd be a much nicer looking game. Most of the backgrounds are fine as they are, in my opinion. Although I guess people have different ideas of just how much should be remade.
When people talk about Final Fantasy VII remakes, do they essentially mean a whole new game, or just tweaks to the original game to modernise it a little? In the sense that Pokemon Soul Silver isn't just an update of the original Pokemon Silver, but it's a whole new game.

tweaks to the games to modernize it you know graphics character design (you know like Advent children but only in XII graphics) voice actors. take everything from the source materials like backgrounds enviroments and make it fully HD.

The only real benefit I think remaking old games has is that it allows younger gamers to experience the game too. Younger gamers who, for the most part, will be put off Final Fantasy VII just because it looks like an old game. I'd rather they make new games, than focus their attention on remaking the past. Although from what I gather, the Final Fantasy series hasn't been doing so well when it comes to making new games in recent years. I've never played any of the FF games after X.

exactly thats the point it will bring in younger gamers and give us old schoolers some good old fashion fun, and anything after X has been pretty bad I mean cmon look at XII! the whole series is going in the wrong step and Square Enix isn't getting the hint, if they wanted to appease fans they should remake the old games bring back old gamers and bring in the newer generation to enjoy it too.

just do what Marvel did Reboot the whole thing (albiet it be Marvel Now! or the Ultimate Universe for example) just reboot it all with new graphics and Voice actors leave everything else story wise be.

and don't you dare touch my fucking Chocobo Racing.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-07-02 12:30:13

Why would they do this

Final Fantasy Club

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-07-02 12:43:32

At 7/2/13 12:30 PM, Jackho wrote: Why would they do this

Please, for the love of god, give me the context of that image.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-07-02 13:11:10

At 7/2/13 12:43 PM, PWJP wrote:

There's a cloud outfit and buster sword in Lightning Returns

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn23IsRLUZU

With all the XIII-2 DLC it feels like FF is more about dressing up your barbie than anything else.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-07-02 14:58:16

At 7/2/13 01:11 PM, Jackho wrote: There's a cloud outfit and buster sword in Lightning Returns

With all the XIII-2 DLC it feels like FF is more about dressing up your barbie than anything else.

Oh my, I forgot about Lightning Returns. Well, I wasn't planning on buying anything related to the XIII-verse again anyway. Just let it die, Square, we'll like you more for it.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-07-03 16:04:04

At 7/2/13 01:11 PM, Jackho wrote:
At 7/2/13 12:43 PM, PWJP wrote:
There's a cloud outfit and buster sword in Lightning Returns

Square finally embraced their Cloud clone with open arms it seems, fan service is always lovely isn't it?

Re-playing the original Final Fantasy (PS1-Origins) this week because it has been a long time coming. Hoping to get a reply (suggestions) before tomorrow when I boot it up on starting classes. Combinations I've used in the past include:

Warrior X 3 + White Mage (probably the best setup in the game IMO)
Red Mage X 3 + White Mage
Warrior Monk White Mage Black Mage
Warrior X 2 White Mage Black Mage

I honestly despise the Thief class (even though Ninja is actually decent) and Red Mages start out fantastic, but lose their appeal late game, so I'm still unsure how I want this to go.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-07-03 16:31:42

At 7/3/13 04:04 PM, Elixur wrote: Square finally embraced their Cloud clone with open arms it seems, fan service is always lovely isn't it?

they admitted it to begin with the whole idea was a female Cloudesque finding emotions along the way

Re-playing the original Final Fantasy (PS1-Origins) this week because it has been a long time coming. Hoping to get a reply (suggestions) before tomorrow when I boot it up on starting classes. Combinations I've used in the past include:

White, Red Mage and a Warrior is the best setup i've seen you get full diversity and can never go wrong especially if you grind out levels before advancing.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-07-04 04:58:50

This thread is so ancient.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-07-04 09:04:48

Looks like Final Fantasy VII has finally been released on Steam. I'll probably pick it up.

I thought this was kind of funny by the way:

Character Booster - Find yourself stuck on a difficult section or lacking the funds to buy that vital Phoenix Down? With the Character Booster you can increase your HP, MP and Gil levels to their maximum, all with the simple click of a button, leaving you to enjoy your adventure.

I don't like to moan about dumbing down and stuff, but some developers really seem to have low expectations of gamers nowadays.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-07-04 13:21:46

At 7/4/13 09:04 AM, Auz wrote: Character Booster - Find yourself stuck on a difficult section or lacking the funds to buy that vital Phoenix Down? With the Character Booster you can increase your HP, MP and Gil levels to their maximum, all with the simple click of a button, leaving you to enjoy your adventure.

This is really awful. FFVII isn't even a difficult game by any stretch.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-07-04 13:55:10

At 7/4/13 01:21 PM, Jackho wrote:
At 7/4/13 09:04 AM, Auz wrote: Character Booster - Find yourself stuck on a difficult section or lacking the funds to buy that vital Phoenix Down? With the Character Booster you can increase your HP, MP and Gil levels to their maximum, all with the simple click of a button, leaving you to enjoy your adventure.
This is really awful. FFVII isn't even a difficult game by any stretch.

Yeah that was what I was thinking too. And even if you die, how bad is it really? You're set back like five minutes tops and maybe you have to do a bit of extra grinding.

Addition of achievements is nice though and cloud saving sounds handy. Some bonus content would've been nice, but alas.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-07-04 18:10:48

At 7/4/13 09:04 AM, Auz wrote: Looks like Final Fantasy VII has finally been released on Steam. I'll probably pick it up.

I thought this was kind of funny by the way:

Character Booster - Find yourself stuck on a difficult section or lacking the funds to buy that vital Phoenix Down? With the Character Booster you can increase your HP, MP and Gil levels to their maximum, all with the simple click of a button, leaving you to enjoy your adventure.

I don't like to moan about dumbing down and stuff, but some developers really seem to have low expectations of gamers nowadays.

My respect for Square is reaching all new lows with each marketing decision they pull out of their metaphorical hat. I wish I was surprised by this, but how can I be?

I finished this game when I was eight years old and they felt the need to implement an in game hacking tool essentially? The whole situation is fucking shameful. Cashing in on FF7 AGAIN (I see countless threads on other forums asking who's playing this and all I can respond with is "I played it fifteen years ago") while simultaneously reminding everyone they're pandering to drooling idiots too handicapped to finish an overall piss easy game without cheating.

Fuck me sideways. Not sure why I even care anymore, SE obviously doesn't.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-07-05 14:24:41

I did consider getting FFVII on Steam but not if it has that shitty DRM. If I'm buying any games on Steam I should not have to require a secondary login just for the games I bought on there. All's new I'd get for playing it on Steam is the achievements but I'm sure I can live without them. I'll stick to my PS1 discs.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-07-07 09:02:51

LOL is Square that strapped for cash they have to release FFVII with Microtransactions? the only hard part of FFVII was fucking Emerald WEAPON (Seriously fuck that guy). if your on the first disc go to Junon and go to where the Underwater Elevator is and right before the marching soldiers there is a red panel on the wall click that and monsters from Disc 2 come out like LVL 20-30 (make sure your part is properly leveled before this) and just grind there I did it till I was level 50 on the first disc and I had all sorts of Master Materia because of the great AP.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-07-08 07:52:10

At 7/7/13 09:02 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: LOL is Square that strapped for cash they have to release FFVII with Microtransactions?

Out of curiosity, what are they using microtransactions for? When I tried to Google this, all that came up were articles from last year speculating that there might be microtransactions followed by articles that confirmed there would be no microtransactions.

I won't be buying FFVII on Steam anyway, but I was just curious.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-07-08 08:47:39

At 7/8/13 07:52 AM, Dean wrote: Out of curiosity, what are they using microtransactions for? When I tried to Google this, all that came up were articles from last year speculating that there might be microtransactions followed by articles that confirmed there would be no microtransactions.

for the character booster on the Steam version. I go down so I dont know if its a hack for dummies for easy play through or microtransaction.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-07-08 09:20:16

At 7/8/13 08:47 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: for the character booster on the Steam version.

From what I gather, it's just a feature that allows players to bulk up their characters if they don't want to grind. Aimed at players who just want to experience the story, rather than spend time grinding. I don't think it costs anything to use though.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-07-08 09:54:14

Who knows but that takez out all the fun if there's no grinding

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-07-08 11:32:45

At 7/8/13 09:54 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: Who knows but that takez out all the fun if there's no grinding

Grinding isn't fun. What's fun is fighting enemies at your standard level and maybe having a bit of challenge now and then instead of grinding so you can just mash X through the whole game.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-07-08 11:52:50

Unrelated but Elixur, are you FallenMartyr or is he someone else now?

It also looks like Travis wiped his posts or got deleted or something. What a douche. People really should stop being allowed to alter their profiles in ways that affect the BBS.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-07-08 13:14:48

Travis <DELETED> his account. and grinding is fun especially in VII when you can get some of the sweet materia.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-07-12 20:09:15

a Comparison between HD and SD for FFX.

I'll buy it just so SE can get some money and free time to remake FFVII

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-07-13 10:50:44

At 7/12/13 08:09 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: I'll buy it just so SE can get some money and free time to remake FFVII

SE have enough money, if they're planned to remake anything it's probably another five or six versions of FFIV.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-07-13 11:45:07

At 7/12/13 08:09 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: a Comparison between HD and SD for FFX.

I'll buy it just so SE can get some money and free time to remake FFVII

I see almost no difference.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-07-14 07:54:11

At 7/13/13 10:50 AM, Jackho wrote:
At 7/12/13 08:09 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: I'll buy it just so SE can get some money and free time to remake FFVII
SE have enough money, if they're planned to remake anything it's probably another five or six versions of FFIV.

What they should do is remake 6-9 it would be far better for Enix financially but they have this delusion that the new FF has to outshine the FF of past when in reality the new is complete SHIT. just look at Enix's finances, management and relations with fans. It took how long to get XV/Versus and KH3?

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-12-06 09:14:26

Final Fantasy VIII has been released on Steam yesterday.

Some new features:

Magic Booster

When Magic Booster is used, the player’s inventory of the following spells is increased by 100:

Cure, Cura, Curaga, Fire, Fira, Blizzard, Blizzara, Thunder, Thundara, Sleep, Blind, Silence, Berserk, Bio, Esuna, Aero, Confuse, Break, Zombie

This feature can be used from the launcher.

Chocobo World

This version of FFVIII includes the full game “Chocobo World” that was released as a separate application for previous versions. It is possible to play “Chocobo World” directly from the launcher after booting up FFVIII and by fulfilling certain specific conditions in the main game you will also be able to synchronise data between the two games.

Also, it has 45 Steam achievements.

I'm not super duper interested myself, but I will definitely be picking up IX and X if they release them on Steam.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-12-06 10:23:19

At 12/6/13 09:14 AM, Auz wrote: I'm not super duper interested myself, but I will definitely be picking up IX and X if they release them on Steam.

I can't wait to get IX and X on Steam

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-12-06 13:01:56

At 12/6/13 09:14 AM, Auz wrote: Magic Booster

I just wish they wouldn't do this. Optional or not it cheapens the whole game.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-12-06 21:51:00

God I'm grinding the shit out of XIII-2 and trying to get all of those fucking fragments.